login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Share Music That Makes Us Feel Good Things page one

I know we have a thread that asks what are we listening to now..This one is a bit different. Ya see I don’t listen to music a lot anymore—but would like to.

When Lee included a Bob Marley clip, I eagerly wanted to hear what he enjoyed listening to.

It was a nice experience— because he suggested it, and

because I was loving it too

I’d like to make this a thread that we suggest music and offer clips (like Youtube), and bring the gift of music to each other.

We are all from different times with music, from different areas in the world, and we have different preferences.

~

thread starting in 2008

lets's keep enjoying it!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

One of my favorite song is “Suddenly I See” by KT Tunstall.

I believe that good and happy song will jack up your mood somehow.

I usually listen to the abovementioned song while looking into the mirror… sort of dedicate it to myself. The lyric is really cool because it makes me feel good and accept myself for who I am.

You can just surf for the lyric and look up the video in youtube :)

Thanks for sharing the song. It was a nice one to listen to(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Laurie, you’ve started some interesting posts, which are helping to make this forum the lively place it is! Keep it up.

I love music, but unfortunately, I too don’t listen to as much as I use to. But when I get the chance, I love to crank it up!!!

I love all music, but one of my all time favourites, which I do still listen to often, is Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. I don’t know what it is about it, but I can absolutely loose myself in it & always get a shiver when I hear it.

From your introduction post, I am guessing that you are about the same age as me, so you probably know the song. Regardless, it is a timeless classic, loved by many people of all ages. (As are many other of Pink Floyd’s songs)

Incidentally, the video that the link goes to, is a tribute to Floyd’s keyboard player, Richard Wright, who died of cancer in September this year – 33 years to the day, since the Wish You Were Here album was released! There are some great old photo’s on it!

Enjoy!

Wish You Were Here

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

Lin, my seven year old son sings that song :) He loves to sing.

I love listening to him make up songs, one phrase he likes to sing is “beautiful world”. He’s such a gentle soul.

I like Dido’s song, “this land is mine” – it makes me feel good.

I also like to listen to Saint Saen’s Carnival of Animals – the Aquarium piece, it makes me feel like I am in a snowflake winter wonderland, all sparkly and white.

Dead Can Dance perform a beautiful piece in Catalan “Song of the Sybil” – LOVE it.

Also like Peter Gabriel’s soundtrack to the Last Temptation of Christ. I love Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (sp?) – Peter Gabriel was lucky enough to record him on this soundtrack before he passed on.

Orbital’s “Little Fluffy Clouds” makes me smile.

I Laugh EVERYTIME I hear Village People’s YMCA :) LOL!!!

Anything by ABBA :) Yeah dig it you’re the dancing queen.

Dresden Dolls – “I’m on fire”

I could go on :) But I won’t bore you…

Focus

Radiohead – Fake Plastic Trees – This song is so beautiful I can’t even listen to it anymore. I haven’t listened to a single song on this album (The Bends) for a long time for the same reason, but this one takes the cake. For me this is seriously the most touching, spine and skin tingling, chest cavity altering, thought provoking, tear jerking song of all time. My words will never do it justice.

Thom Yorke is incredible and if you haven’t heard any Radiohead you really should do yourself a favor :P Also check out his solo work which is incredible.

Placebo – Peeping Tom – as with the previous song, this is so beautiful I can’t even listen to it anymore. As with the previous album, I haven’t listened to a single song on Black Market Music in a long time (years) because of this same reason.

People either love or hate Brian Molko’s voice, and I love it :)

Admittedly both of these albums (Black Market Music by Placebo and The Bends by Radiohead) came into my life at roughly the same time, and much of what I feel when I hear these songs is due to instantly recalled and incredibly vivid memories I have of this time (Overseas travel, coming out of my shell, some incredibly friendships and a few other inexpressible experiences) but I don’t think that lesser songs would have had the same effect.

I still listen to other albums by Radiohead and Placebo and LOVE Thom Yorke’s solo stuff (that came out much later) but these albums put me in a trance and conjure up the most powerful of emotions in me, that I’d like to kind of reserve for later or something. I don’t know :)

Tool – Lateralus – Tool makes me feel amazing. I don’t listen to them all that much anymore but I still can’t deny the power their songs have over me.

All of their songs are amazing on so many levels, the music, the lyrics, the philosophy and of course Maynard James Keenan has the most amazing voice.

Lateralus is based on a Fibonacci sequence, you have to see the above video to understand.

Tool – 46 & 2 – this is about chromosomes and Carl Jung’s shadow theory. Once again you have to see it to understand.

Biosphere – Hyperborea – The most amazing ambient you’ll ever hear. From memory the sound clip from this song comes from David Lynch’s series “Twin Peaks” which I’m yet to see, much to my disappointment – I love his twisted mind :)

All of Geir Jenssen’s stuff is incredible. His ‘soundscapes’ really take you somewhere. For example:

I was explaining to a friend how a certain Biosphere song made me feel as if I was atop of some freezing cold mountain, just being, in awe of nature, so much so I could almost feel the chill against my cheeks.

I later learned it was recorded at the top of the highest mountain in Tromsø, Norway.

I really can’t understand why Geir isn’t more popular. He’s created some seriously groundbreaking ‘pieces’? and worked with some other amazing artists like Human Intelligence Agency (HIA) and Pete Namlook.

Some more of his pieces I found on the (you) tube: Poa Alpina, Uva-Ursi

Anyway, that’s just off the top of my head. As with Freya, I could go on and on :P But I’ll leave it at this for now.

What I love about music isn’t just the good feelings, but the whole spectrum of emotions that a good song / piece can conjure up.

Seriously powerful emotions sometimes, like they’ve created that song just for you. I don’t know if I’m just particularly empathetic, they’re particularly ambiguous or perhaps the exact opposite, we’re just resonating at the same frequency.

Who knows, but I love music, of all kinds. I couldn’t be without it and I really appreciate the massive range of emotions I’ve been exposed to because of it.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Another powerful song I’ve just been reminded of is Gary Jules – Mad World

lin stapler – I don’t know where I know that song from, but I’ve just found it on youtube and I knew the tune AND all the words lol. I didn’t even know I was a KT Tunstall fan! :)

mufc – Definitely Pink Floyd! I consider Tool to be a modern day Pink Floyd of sorts. Philosophical and technical, experimental and you can overlay tracks, rearrange them etc to get different meanings.

Freya – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is new to me and… WOW!

Orbital is also one of my favorites, every self respecting nerd would know Orbital’s Halcyon – Hackers was Angelina Jolie’s best performance :P

Dido definitely has her moments and I’ve enjoyed a few Dresden Dolls songs, although I don’t have any on my play list or CD rack.

Whilst I’m skipping genres I’ll throw in some more I’ve got on rotation atm.

Bonobo – Tell Me How You Feel – This is only half of the song, but you’ll get the idea. Beautiful!

and for some motivation: Brother Ali – Pedigree – The song is cool, feel good and inspirational. He’s a mostly blind white albino who converted to Islam and legally changed his name. He does a lot of stuff with Slug from Atmosphere.

Speaking of Atmosphere check out Like Today for a feelgood song that’s actually quite melancholy and definitely don’t miss Yesterday for a really sad, reflective song – and listen carefully to the lyrics and tell me if you picked the twist – you’ll need to listen to it all the way through. This song gives me chills and really makes me think about my priorities.

For another motivational hip hop song, check out Aesop Rock’s One Brick and seriously listen to Sage Francis’ song Crack Pipes – don’t be put off by the intro.

extreme fluctuations and temperature changes have been known to crack pipes

and from another one of his songs:

Scream from exposure to the types of things that won’t necessarily make you happier… They’ll just give you a greater range of emotions

I’ve learned a lot from Sage.

I could go on. There’s a lot of good hip hop that for some reason just gets no love from the main stream. I guess there is a kind of a stigma attached to it, but people will eventually get over it. Good hip hop and spoken word poetry is mostly indistinguishable.

Ignoring cinematic hip hop, trip hop, dub and reggae or we’ll be here all day (maybe I’ll come back later and post about these) I’ll move onto ‘world’ music for a lack of a better term.

If you don’t know Manu Chao, then, well… you really should :) A good place to start is Me gustas tu – that is a feel good song :) Also reminds me of some good times.

If you liked that, then be sure to get into some Federico Aubele, start off with Ante tus ojos. If that’s up your alley, then get into Thievery Corporation too.

More world music, of sorts… Shpongle. Haunting, beautiful, trippy, scary, insightful. Start off with Star Shpongled Banner and then a New way to say Hooray with samples from a Terrance McKenna talk on DMT, to some of their newer and probably more palatable stuff When Shall I Be Free – If you like this stuff, be sure to check out hallucinogen and younger brother.

Switching it up again, moving onto post rock. Check out Mogwai. AMAZING. The first time I heard it was in Laos. I’d had a short conversation about music with a guy whilst we waited for a bus. A few hours later we were on the bus and he leans over and puts his headphones on me. Travel Is Dangerous was playing. I get chills when I listen to Mogwai.

Holy Sh*t I love this song…

For some reason I love tragically beautiful music. There’s plenty of examples above, and here’s another one. Nick Drake, specifically Hazey Jane II from his album Bryter Layter. It’s an upbeat yet somehow hopeless and cyclical song. Like many great artists before (and after) him, he actually committed suicide :(

Off the top of my head some other older stuff that moves me: Pink Floyd, Joy Division and Genesis and not so old, but another person who’s time on this planet was far too short, Kurt Cobain. You’ll have heard of Nirvana. The song that moves me the most is probably On A Plain

OK That will do for now, again :P I’ll have a look through my playlist and CD rack later.

btw I LOVE YouTube, there was only a couple of songs I thought of and couldn’t find.

How did you include the song without the URL address?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

laurie you go like this:

"link text":http://link.url/dir/file

Give it a test, you can edit your post with the little pencil button to the far right of any of your posts :)

ELOSo Fine

tell me what you think of this oldie and the video. It will seem like it’s over at one point..but continues on. so if you have moment—give a listen..For me, I find it to be upbeat.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Carrying on from the Tool theme, my first introduction to Maynard was through A Perfect Circle. I still love 3 Libras and their next album, Thirteenth Step is AMAZING!

Changing genres however, my desktop wallpaper still has Slide lyrics from the Goo Goo Dolls. Very old school but still a song that makes me stop everything I’m doing.

Mel stole from my head :P

Love Maynard.

I have really been enjoying everyone’s contributions to this thread. It’s like being at a party where your friends are playing favorites..and they end of being part of your new experience—whether it is something you got into before or not.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If anybody find that the KT Tunstall song is familiar… that is because it is the soundtrack for The Devil Wears Prada. When that movie was showing… they keep playing it on radio wink

Then there is one song that whenever I hear, makes me want to get up and dance (even tho I don’t even know what the song is about lol) >>> Magalenha by Sergio Mendez

I am also enjoying all the good music here… keep em coming :)

Here is the dead can dance Song of the Sybil

LOVE IT

Focus

What a great thread! We should do our own compilation. Has anyone ever given Yello a blast. It’s not so much reaxing but it’s certainly the most positive music I can think of. One of my favourites is Jungle Bill which you can hear on youtube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ukxl7YwPZq8 this version is slightly different from my copy but you’ll get the idea. When it comes to beautiful, there’s not much to beat Vangelis’s Love Theme from Blade Runner. Sorry I can’t get you a clip, I don’t know how and being a bloke, I’m not going to ask. Nudge nudge.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

Lee, please help me out here. I’m not freerace.

THIS IS AMAZING!

Sarah Brightman is the singer, but it’s in a movie called Powder. I really love the emotions of the actors when they’re faced with something so amazing, divine, real.

Focus

My favourite all time music artist is David Gray, his words are truely soulful. I love to curl up on the couch and close my eyes and have his music playing in the background.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

How about Gerry Raferty’s ‘If you get it wrong, you’ll get it right next time’? A classic with the ultimate message for bmindfullers.

Ah! One of my favorite topics ever… music! Some awesome stuff on this thread… lovin’ it!

Okay, here are a few contributions from moi…:

Anything from Cass Elliot is a God send in my life… her voice was Heaven sent, IMHO. Not a lot of her best stuff has made it onto Youtube, but search her anyway if you like… her self-titled record from 1972, released on RCA, is a serious must own.

The song Moments of Pleasure by the incomparable Kate Bush has been a tremendous inspiration to me, and has really helped me through a lot of emotional healing over the last couple of years. Other healing songs in my library are Something Beautiful by Tracy Bonham, practically anything of Sinead O’Connor’s… This is to Mother You is brilliant, the otherworldly music of Constance Demby and the heart-felt and gorgeous work of Shaina Noll who I had the amazing honor of interviewing last night! She sang live on the air, too! Total highlight of my year.

Some other favorites include Sharon Drury Cynthia Jordan and, for any trad Irish lovers, the wonderful Karan Casey For those of you who practice Reiki or meditate, please do check out Sharon and Cynthia’s work and see if it resonates with you. Yummy!

There are hundreds more… Kurt Cobain’s melodies are real favorites (although not for meditation, LOL), Jim Croce wrote wonderful songs, Krishna Das can send me soaring, and I could listen to Enya all day. I’ll come up for air for now… I’m really enjoying listening to the songs and hearing about everyone’s picks! Keep it up! Happy listening, Everyone!

Kim

Had to share an all-time favorite song while I’m thinking about it. I can listen to it a thousand times a day… so affirming and healing! Beautiful by Sarah Brightman

Kim

Spiritsinger,

Here’s one for you from Mama Cass on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQxEJ5_5zA

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Spiritsinger,

I love Sarah Brightman :) Have you heard Sanvean?

Freya

Focus

Bravo, Laurie! This is one of Cass’s earlier solo songs… very hopeful and uplifting song. Although I generally prefer her later RCA solo material, I love it all… she had a magical voice and way of delivering the songs. Thanks for sharing this performance!

Kim

Wow, Freya! Sanvean is such a cool song! No, I wasn’t familiar with that one… thanks for introducing me!

Kim

Freerace,

Here is Vangelis’s Love Theme from Blade Runner. Thanks for mentioning it. Very Nice.(:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KAqhbIZ7o

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love
Iris – Goo Goo Dolls . Mel.
Love oh what a Night Dec 63- Four Seasons
If you leave me now – Chicago
I would walk 500 hundred miles – The Proclaimers (It reminds me of my kids)
I am Sailing – Rodders
Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
Wish you were here – Pink Floyd. mufc
Sorrow – David Bowie
Young Girl – Gary Puckett
Seasons in the son -Terry Jacks

So many more tooooooooooooooooooooooo

Love Life
Sue

I love Sarah Brightman!

I’m listening to Vladislav Delay atm, not this exact song but this is typical of his work.

Deep, deep stuff. Intensely beautiful.

Sue, LOL! Rodders!!!!

Rodders reminds me of my uncle, we used to listen to it when I was round 8 years old.

They were sweet summer memories. Thank you :)

Focus

hee hee this one is kind of a laugh..
we had the kids Christmas Concert last night and they danced to a song by the Hooley Dooley’s – Conga Line. It’s been in my head all day lol a feel good song! :)

Saw this performed live on the night before New Years Eve.

It was the first time I’d ever heard it, I’d never even heard of the band before, but it was immediately touching, and is probably one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

Augie March – There Is No Such Place

Seriously, seriously touching.

Dang guys! I love this post! It’s gonna take a while to check out all of these!!! Lee, you’re gonna have to tell me how you did your link thingies. For now you guys’ll have to copy and paste. This is a pretty long post, but I promise there are some gems here.

Here are some songs I think are special.

Paul Davis: Sweet Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR1YPRim_Y

For our friends down under.
Little River Band: Cool Change
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslO6Qi_kGQ

Christopher Cross: Sailing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQeqmNbA2Hs

Billy Joel: Summer Highland Falls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqiDOuwUJxk

Dan Fogelberg: Netherlands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTCHj8qhcjY&feature=related

I’m the little furry guy in this video!
Kenny Loggins: I’m Alright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etpHKueh6S0&feature=related

Don Williams: Good Ole Boys Like Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcpEYNkAq-M&feature=related

Another Kenny Loggins for you.
Kenny Loggins: This Is It
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-e6Yhu5SU

This is a great song, but the video doesn’t really do it justice.
Wendy Waldman: You Plant Your Fields
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-07IJR0Po

Theme from Hitari: Beautiful Music, you should put on some good headphones. May I recommendo Grado SR 60’s!
Henry Mancini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJMxd9iYjY

James Taylor: Whenever I See Your Smiling Face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJtKava4Wo

To Quote Will Farrell:“If you don’t think this is the best song ever, I will fight you!” Well, I might not fight you, but it is a good song.
Starland Vocal Band: Afternoon Delight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_BBzYdBvk

Firefall: Just Remember I Love You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvtMSoW7dM

Great Song. (Album version is better)
Ricky Lee Jones: Last Chance Texaco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTP3ScWi7rc&feature=related

Lou Reed: Last Great American Whale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocoGw1-r8CA

XTC: Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead (Poor audio quality, great song!)
I put think link ‘cause it had the video, but there is a better version audio wise on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1oZYFaVII&feature=related

Counting Crows: Big Yellow Taxi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPh_8Dxl3E

Barenaked Ladies: If I Had A Million Dollars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCImrmR63JE

I COULD DO THIS ALL DAY!!!!!!!

Here is a song I heard in a movie the other day. I’m not sure who wrote it, maybe the girl in the movie. I’ll have to find out.Schuyler Fisk, maybe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76YsQ7ux1mY

Here is a song from the movie Grace of My Heart.
Elvis Costello does a good version of this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Co5fDmD7I&feature=related

And speaking of Elvis Costello here’s She
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsVxHocHbs

Here is Kermit and Rolf singing: I Hope That Something Better Comes Along.
I believe this was by Paul Williams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IctDbZ-t1I

ISRAEL KAMAKAWIWO, what a name! Here is his version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. I LOVE THIS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnFWzp_3kJU

And that muppet clip made me think of this. It’s just makes me laugh so much on the inside!
Steve Martin: Five Christmas Wishes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPVuHP3OXk0

I am a Lord of the Rings nutt! I’ve read the book at LEAST eight times. I’ve read the Hobbit at lest five times, and the Silmarillion three times.
If I could move to Middle Earth, I would be there right now.
Into The West
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24fGmWG6kpg

Pat Metheny Group: Minuano Six Eight
one of the best pieces I know, another one for the headphones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hSMrC3w1A

I SWEAR I COULD DO THIS ALL DAY, BUT I GUESS I NEED TO LET SOME OTHER PEOPLE POST TOO!!!!!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, I can’t stop myself. You guys have really stired me up. LOVE most of the stuff everyone has posted.

For some reason I can’t help but think about the people who heard The Rite of Spring when Stravinsky first did it.

Anyway, here are some more.

link text

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, I had to figure out the how to do the link thing.

Crash Test Dummies God Shuffled His Feet

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m getting the hang of it.

Eric Johnson is one of my favorite guitarists.
Cliffs of Dover

I can’t find it on the net, but Hard Rain by Hothouse Flowers is pretty awesome.

Here is another treat for you.
Stevie Ray Vaughan doing Little Wing by Hendrix.
Little Wing

Any of you dig jazzy stuff?
Maynard Ferguson, La Fiesta
La Fiesta

Ever heard of Al DiMeola?
Passtion, Grace & Fire

This is Richard Leo Johnson, I actually know this guy. One of the guitarists on the planet. Not for everyone though.
Glidepath

Another cool guitarist is Frank Gambale
Yang

Here is a great player that is pretty accessable to most ears.
Larry Carlton
Strikes Twice

Bela Fleck
Sinister Minister

Ivan Neville
Why Can’t I Fall In Love

Everyone knows Sting, here are a couple of my favorites
Shape of My Heart
Seven Days

You will dig Cowboy Mouth
Jenny Says

I have a feeling a lot of you will dig Jann Arden, she has a lot of great stuff.
Good Mother

I hope I’m doing this link thing right. Otherwise you guys are gonna have to cut and paste to hear this stuff. Here it goes.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I guess I’ve just lost my mind completely, but here is some of my stuff. The first link is some stuff I did with loops a few years ago. Not polished or anything, I was just experimenting.

Jeff Dumas

This link has some stuff I actually did in an actual studio with mics and everything just like a real musician and not on a computer.
More Jeff Dumas

Okay, I’ll quit hoggin’ the forum so you guys can have a chance. I love the stuff you’re posting.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
I like your music(: I saw someone mention a bit like Cat Stevens; yeah, but you have brought your uniqueness to it. I have trouble saying someone sounds like someone, because you then stop listening to the uniqueness of the artist. And I hear your wonderful qualities, and I thank you for sharing it(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey MELT, that hooley dooley post made me think of this
Justin Roberts

Willie Was A Whale

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is some great stuff by Bill Conti

From Rocky Balboa

Man, there was a lot of great music in those movies.

Take You Back
by Frank Stallone

Here is some great stuff by John Williams

Binary Sunset
Superman

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And I can’t think of John Williams without thinking of Holst
Mars, The Bringer of War
and that’s just ONE of the planets!

How about Samuel Barber
Adagio For Strings

Stuff from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, if you’ve never listened to this whole thing you owe it to yourself to do so.
Here’s the Oh Fortuna
part

One of the most important pieces of music every written by a human being.
Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring

Here is Andrea Bocelli singing to Elmo

how about Aaron Copland?
Simple Gifts

Here’s a little Dvorak
First Movement from New World

How about a little Mozart

You guys ever heard of Bobby Enriquez? I couldn’t find his version of Classical Gas so here is Spain

David Sanborn and Al Jarreau
Jarreau Moonlighting
Teach Me Tonight

Some of you young kids probably don’t know about these guys.
Pirates Part 1
Pirates Part 2

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Some of the best love songs ever.

Wings Silly Love Songs
Elton John & Kiki Dee Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
Elton John Your Song

More great stuff

Neil Diamond I Am I Said
Great lyrics

I want to post Van Morrison, Into the Mystic, but I can’t find it.

Harry Chapin Taxi

Captain and Tennille Love Will Keep Us Together
Do That To Me One More Time

10CC The Things We Do For Love
I’m Not In Love

K.C. and the Sunshine Band Please Don’t Go

Jeffrey Osborne Stay With Me Tonight

Foreigner I Wanna Know What Love Is
Juke Box Hero

Manfred Mann Blinded By The Light

The Four Seasons Oh What A Night

Andrew Gold Lonely Boy

I can think of a ton of stuff by Boston.

Toto 99

Gipsy Kings Volare
Bamboleo

George Benson On Broadway

Louis Armstrong What A Wonderful World

Man, I swear, I can do this forever. I Hope some of you guys start posting some more stuff.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Robbie Robertson Somewhere Down the Crazy River
You guys will LOVE this.

Chris DeBurgh Don’t Pay the Ferryman
The Getaway was a great album.
The Revolution

Yes Leave It

Katrina and the Waves Walking On Sunshine
Definitely a feel good song.

I Love The Predenders too. They have lots of great stuff.
Brass In Pocket

Murray Head One Night in Bangkok

Frankie Goes to Hollywood Relax

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

More favourite songs of mine is by

Creed – With Arms Wide Open

The Feelers – Stand Up

Goo Goo Dolls – Iris

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here is another one too

Altas – Crawl

Thanks for all the great posts! I can’t wait to get home from work to be able to access youtube. :)

David Gray – Aint No Love ! Thats a pretty cool song! Im listening to it as I type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exHJaKxOt9w

I really like this song. It has such a genuine quality. Johnny Cash
When the Man Comes Around

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

OH Laurie, here are some of my favourites from the 60’s for your enjoyment –

Sweet Nothings by Brenda Lee
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSxbsIR3sE

A Rockin Good Way by Bonnie Tyler duet Shakin’ Stevens
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIQSgVX914

Lovey Dovey by Otis Redding & Carla Thomas

Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5hknXqXps

Western Movies by The Olympics
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUSGKlGCIT4

(This song reminds me of all the ol’time classic western movies featuring Clint Eastwood….heart beat throbbing material lol)

Chantilly Lace by The Big Booper
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqp1qz4Jb1c

Here are some of my favourites from the 70’s ….

Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEmbCfjp4c8

Spanish Harlem by Aretha Franklin
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyUhGTa8FM

Baby Im-a Want You by Bread
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6cWOj3VSU

Le Freak by Chic
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMgR-jGoSXQ

Ring My Bell by Anita Ward
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WtOlsnDDqg

Your Love (Still Brings To My Knees) by Marcia Hines
www.youtube.com/watch?v=k53oAqy3Bu8

Awesome Music!

In response to freygan’s post:
Ah you remember Rodders Freygan!!! Sorry just catching up so much to read.

Hope all is well :o)and just know 2009 will be a great year.

Love Life
Sue

In response to Pure Essence’s post:

Your Love (Still Brings To My Knees) by Marcia Hines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k53oAqy3Bu8
I don’t remember that one, but I have to tell you, I like it. It sounds like words from my wedding vows(: And it would still stand true today(:

I am going to take some time to listen to many on this thread over the next few days or so(:

It is so very interesting and wonderful to see everyones selections. I love it(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Man, what variety! I love all these great posts.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all of the contributions to this thread. I have added many to my ipod.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’ve dont the same thing. It’s so great to hear new music. Good for the sould and mind. I’m gonna keep right on adding stuff, I can think of so many great songs my head starts spinning!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is a fine, fine piece for you guys.
Bob James, David Sanborn and Al Jarreau
Since I Fell for You

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

That is what I appreciate about you!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I though of a few more cool songs from the 70’s

Brothers Johnson Strawberry Letter 23
The Spinners Rubberband Man

Steve Miller Band Fly Like an Eagle

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Those songs are really cool Jeff! I forgot about those ones, I especially love Strawberry Letter 23 and Fly Like An Eagle.

I don’t know if any of you know Danny Wilson, but I really think there is something here worth listening to. It won’t be everyones cup o’ tea, but I really dig the vabrato in this guys voice also the production of their music. Really unique instrumentation and sounds. I like a few songs in particular but couldn’t find them posted (Aberdeen, Broken China, Steamtrains to the Milkyway) so I’m gonna post their most popular hit.

Mary’s Prayer

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Mary Chapin Carpenter This Shirt

Dwight Yoakham & Buck Owens Streets of Bakersfield
1000 Miles from Nowhere

Kathy Mattea Eighteen Wheels and A Dozen Roses

I also love Angel of the Morning that was originally done by Juice Newton, but here is Christy Hynde doing it on Friends, not to mention that this video has Jennifer Anniston in it. (The worlds most beautiful woman)It also has Smelly Cat at the end.
Angel of the Morning

I don’t really listen to that much country stuff, but there are a lot of great country songs.

George Strait The Chair

Don Williams I Believe In You
Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good

Garth Brooks The Dance
Unanswered Prayers

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Back when I played we used to cover some of the Indo Girls stuff. Here are a couple
Closer To Fine
Galileo

The Pogues have a lot of great stuff too. We used to cover this one.
The Pogues Rain Street

Another of my favorite bands is Toad the Wet Sprocket, here are just a few
Good Intentions
All I Want
Something’s Always Wrong

Another of my faves is the Gin Blossoms
Found Out About You
Hey Jealousy
‘til I Hear It From You

And I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned Acoustic Alchemy Yet!!!
I couldn’t find much on youtube, here is one, but sound quality isn’t that great. This clip doesn’t do them jusice, you should try to find Back on the Case.
Casino

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Great makeout stuff, basia and sade!

Basia Time and Tide

Sade Sweetest Taboo

—————————-

Saga was a great band.
On The Loose

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I can’t upload a track of this because I just heard it on the radio but if you can get it on amazon or youtube do try. It’s beautiful, uplifting piano music.

Behind the Window by Ludovic Einaudi

Will do!

There are a lot of great songs from tv shows too. Here are some of my favs!

Cheers
Friends
(The Friends theme is by a group called The Rembrandts who have a bunch of great songs.)
Here is some more Rembrandts
Someone
Just the Way It Is, Baby
“Johnny Have You Seen Her”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUWRnSpBqb8
I really like Rollin’ Down The Hill too, but couldn’t find it.

Faith of the Heart

I’ll try to think of some more for you guys.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

B Girl, I found this when I was looking up Behind The Window
Al Di La Del Vetro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LxceNTx3S0#
Very Nice!
I love discovering new stuff, THANKS! Will definitely be checkin out more of his stuff.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

oh sorry, let me try that again!
Al Di La Del Vetro
Ludovico Einaudi

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I found a really cool site for music.
I think it’s thesixtyone.com
The Sixty-One

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I don’t usually go for remakes, but I just watched the movie Duets the other day and it has a couple that I really like.

Try A Little Tenderness
Crusin

Someone please explain to me why Brittany Spears is a “singer” and Gweneth Paltrow isn’t!

Another great song from that movie, Duets, is “I Can’t Make You Love Me”, but I like the original better. So here is Bonnie Raitt.

I Can’t Make You Love Me

Another original that was covered in the same movie.
Bette Davis Eyes

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Anyone remember “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
by the Supremes?

Supremes version

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel version

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

How About the song: I’m Gonna Make You Love Me?

Supremes and Temptations version

Stevie wonder and Diana Ross version

Temptations version

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Any “Dead” fans?

Sugaree by Grateful Dead

Truckin’ By Grateful Dead

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

A little Neil Young:

You and Me by Neal Young

Heart Of Gold by Neil Young

Old Man by Neil Young

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

King Fish opened for the Grateful Dead
I used to like the King Fish Live N Kickin’ Album (no longer avail) Would love to Find it.
Anyway found 1 song that featured Kingfish and Bobby Weir called Promised Land

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Really liked that version of Try a Little Tenderness. Very cute.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m glad someone else decided to post some stuff! It was gettin’ a little lonely around here. Thanks Laurie!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Listening to music for me all depends on what mood that I am in at the time I put the music on.

If I’m feeling romantic and mushy I will put on Andrea Bocelli or Michael Buble.

If I’m needing to release anger I will put on some heavy metal like Metallica or something like that.

If I’m needing to meditate I will put on a Steven Halpern cd.

If I’m sad or need a good cry I will put on soft rock like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey,some of their sad,slow songs.

If I need to express happiness I will put on 80’s hair metal like Bon Jovi or Poison or Motley Crue. Sometimes they help me get rid of anger too, depends on the tone of the song or sadness.

Music really does touch the emotions, that’s what it was created for.

Bright blessings,Namaste and may you find Inner Peace and a wonderful journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q19zmdQsaM
I love this song

In response to roxannelee’s post:
Good Tune, Roxannelee,I really like that one. What do you think of this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmuc4wKOSCU

(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey Laurie, that’s a very positive song. I can see why you love it so much. I thought of a couple more good songs, but couldn’t find them on youtube.

If I Only Had A Brain from the Wizard of Oz
and
When You Wish Upon A Star from Pinocchio

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

No one’s posted anything new lately. Well, here’s something old!
Claie de Lune

And one that’s not so old! Well, it’s kinda old. And very appropriate.
What’s Goin’ On

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, it took me a while, but I finally found the version of You Plant Your Fields that I like so much. Unfortunately, it sort of cuts off right at the end. Anyway, I think this is a wonderful song. I hope you like it.
You Plant Your Fields

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

As long as I’m posting here are a couple of more for you.

Camille Saint-Saens Danse Macabra

Prokofiev Dance of the Knights

Here is part of Pictures at an Exhibition
If you like that, the rest is on Youtube. There are wonderful parts in each section.

Stravinsky Firebird Suite
One of the greatest composers EVER! True Genius!

Here is the theme to Young Frankenstein
by John Morris.

And that makes me think of this wonderfully fun tune
Blazing Saddles
Believe it or not I used to cover this song and the crows always loved it!

And THAT one makes me think of THIS one!
High Anxiety
What a wonderful voice Mel Brooks has!

As long as we’re on themesongs how about
Henry Mancini’s Pink Panther

And as long as I’m on Mancini here’s Mission Impossible

And I can’t hear that without thinking of THIS!!!
Hawaii Five-0

I’m losing my mind again folks! Somebody stop me! A mind is a terrible thing, and it must be stopped!!!

Talk about a couple of jammin’ old tunes
The Jetsons
and
The Flintstones

I know those last couple might seem hokey, but I really dig that jammin band. And when I was a kid I always loved this music.
The Munsters
and when I was a little kid I thought this was REALLY spooky!
The Ghost & Mr Chicken

Okay, I’ll stop now!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Old time -

Santana is “real” music to me! When this song comes on the radio, catches me off guard, I have to hush whoever’s in the room. (smiles)

Samba Pa Ti

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Dear Laurie, I like Santana too, but I think you would marry him :)
This one’s is one for you!

No One To Depend On

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

How about a little Rod Stewart
You’re In my heart

This Old Heart of Mine Rod Stewart

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Steely Dan – Babylon Sister
———————————————————————————————————-
Steely Dan – Kid Charlemagne
——————————————————————————————————
Steely Dan- Do It Again
——————————————————————————————————
Steely Dan Parkers Band
———————————————————————————————————
Yes with Reelin’ In The Years
———————————————————————————————————-
Stevie Nix and Landslide
Jefferson Starship with Miracles
——————————————————————————————————-
Blind Faith with the song Can’t Find My Way Home
————————————————————————————-
Blind Faith with the song In The Presence of The Lord
Blind Faith with the song Well Alright
———————————————————————————- Old Stevie Winwood Music from Traffic with the song Dear Mr. Fantasy
————————————————————————— Old Stevie Winwood Music from Traffic with the song Pearly Queen
Cryin’ to be heard by Traffic
——————————————————————————————-
Traffic Empty Pages
————————————————————————————
Steve WinWood singing early Traffic song Forty Thousand Headmen
—————————————————————————————-
Traffic and the song Glad
—————————————————————————————
Band of Gypsies
———————————————————————————————-

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
Loved your songs! When you reminded me of the group Bread, it reminded me of their song, “I Want to Make It With You”. I remember being in junior high singing the words: I want to make it with you, and having my Dad look at me..like What?????? No one was taking apart the lyrics, they just liked it as a good love song.

Make it With You

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I saw Manfred Man in concert doing Blinded by the Light, and Do Wah Diddy Diddy.

Who did you like better doing Blinded By the Light; Springsteen or Manfred Mann? Manfred Mann had one heck of a light show—had me blinded for awhile.
Springsteen

Manfred Mann
Pretty different versions. Guess it would depend on your mood, huh?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You definitely got the hang of it now, baby! Keep it up! It’ll take me a little while to go through all these. I love that you posted some Steely Dan! This probably won’t mean much to you, but I got to meet Larry Carlton a couple of times. He did some studio guitar work with Steely Dan.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

As long as I’m bragging about my brushes with greatness I also got to meet Al DiMeola once, Lee Ritenour once, and Acoustic Alchemy! (Of course I didn’t get to have a conversation with them, but it was a big deal to me!) Just wanted to share!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m so excited that you posted Kid Charlemagne, Larry Carlton played a famous guitar solo on that tune!!!!! Love it!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Man, I want to go to a concert so bad! It’s been so long. Have you ever been to one of those concerts where you really feel connected. I love live music so much.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And I’m gonna have to go with Manfred Mann!

Okay, I’m gonna’ do some more sharing. I played drums all through high school and a couple of years in college. I’m telling you that ‘cause this is one of the greatest drummers ever. I used to listen to rush a lot. They are still one of my favorite band, but this probably won’t be your taste. Anyway I’m posting this so you can hear what a great drummer he is. I saw these guys years ago. It was great. Of course, I was a lot younger then.

Rush – YYZ

Man, that brings back memories. I can’t believe my Mom didn’t kill me back then. I used to come home every day after school and crank up my stereo as loud as it would go. I would usually play drums for at least an hour.

For those of you who appreciate great drummers, this is for you.
Ed Shaughnessy and Buddy Rich

If you ever have a chance to go to a real Drum Corps event you should definitely check it out. When you’re in the stands your hair will stand on end. You can literally FEEL the sound hit you! It’s amazing. These kids are part of something special, if you’ve ever talked to someone who was in drum corps you will be able to see how much it means to them. Very positive.

Here is an example of a drum corps line

I’ve posted so much I can’t remember if I posted any Acoustic Alchemy, you will like this. We used to cover these songs.
On The Case
Reference Point
that took a good bit of practice.

Maybe I’ll upload some stuff we recorded in Texarkana. It was all one take stuff, playing live and straight through, but you could get an idea of the stuff we did when we played as a duet. I’ll see if I can find any.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to textileRef:213380883366210513a931f:linkStartMarker:“themadcookieman’s
post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/97/lets-share-music-that-makes-us-feel-good-things#post1898:

This is for you MCM:
Gene Krupa Lionel Hampton Drums

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

And I never thought I’d say this, because I do like Springsteen, but in that number- I’ll agree with you, Manfred Mann.

Springsteen is excellent in concert-at least when I saw him and the band in the 70’s.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ain’t this fun!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

It sure is FUN Jeff and Laurie! What a pleasure to read all that you have shared with music, you both had a good ol time with music! I believe Music brings the soul of one alive, music is a big thumbs up, I have to have it on all the time.

Oh you would love our concerts over here at the moment, we have them free which are set up through Waitakere City Council. The concerts are a blast, heaps of people come from all over to see them.

We recently had Rhombus n Dub Sessions, Cornerstone Roots and Rootswest Collective playing in one of our parks.

Soon on the 28th Feb we have Elemeno P, Goodnight Nurse, Midnight Youth and Clap Clap Clap Riot playing at another park.

On the 8th March we have Medge Marsden Band and Stringray playing at another park.

And on the 22nd March we have Rockabilly Rebels and Recliner Rockers!

Pretty neat!

Oh and not this weekend but the next we are going to another free concert set up by our favourite radio station called The Rock!

Wish you were all here to accompany us! We would sure have a GREAT TIME!

OH here is more music that just came to me whilst I posted my previous post, music from Ben Harper, I have been listening to him these last couple of days. My two favourites are

By My Side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAKt9Q_bSZ8

and Gold To Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeLZCo1qaG8

Another music artist, wondering if you have heard him? Tiki Taane? His album Past, Present and Future? He is from South Auckland in New Zealand, a Maori with tatts everywhere on his body, he won many awards for his album last year.

Always On My Mind
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3euc9pmst4M

Tangaroa
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNDiFxY6n-k

Above waiata Tangaroa is in Maori – Tangaroa meaning God Of The Sea, it is very powerful song! Very much gets you all pumped up, similar to the raunchness of the Haka.

Dear Laurie, MM, and PE, this is for you. And me too.

I Can See Clearly Now
Hothouse Flowers version.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I so love that song! Thankyou so much for dedicating it for us Jeff, our days are going to be bright for ever more!

Here’s some more Frampton greats!

Show Me The Way
————————————————————————————
Do you Feel Like We Do Part 1
———————————————————————————————
Do You Feel Like We Do Part 2

Oh, does this song remind me of great times!

Peter Frampton-Baby I love your way

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Sly & The family Stone -Higher
———————————————————————————
Sly and If You Want Me To Stay
———————————————————————————-
Sly and the family stone medley :Everyday People and Dance to the music with 1 Smothers brothers guy at the end of song
————————————————————————————————
textileRef:51927185066210513abd5d:linkStartMarker:“Ooh Child (almost 40 years old, but still a nice little song).
I think someone else, not too long ago did a rap tune using this original song”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXwfA5a-I3U&feature=related
The Brothers Johnson I’ll Be Good To You
—————————————————————————————

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I also really liked America singing TinMan

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

These songs were removed..will return with other tunes(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

A bit of inspirational music comming your way from France! Sounds like nothing you’ve ever heard before.. Look out for DjMAD! (Electronic, young artist, ambient, french, and techno … see all)

http://www.last.fm/music/DjMAD

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=110699544

For a little old old Motown from the Temptations MyGirl and
Since I Lost My Baby

and

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Your Precious Love
———————————————————————————
You’re All I Need To Get By

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to bbirishbug’s post:
Next time, leave the url address of the song, so we can give a listen. Just about all of what you’ve posted is unfamiliar to me, and I’d like to give a listen(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

An easy way to share your favorite music in this thread, is to first find it on youtube and then link to the song like this

"song name by artist name":http://youtube.url/here

In other words, wrap the song name in double quotes, then type a colon and then paste in the YouTube URL.

To give you an example of a song I’ve been enjoying recently:

"Camel by Flying Lotus":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9YRGLPDQ8

Will turn into:

Camel by Flying Lotus

Hello Lee!

Thanks so much for introducing me to Flying Lotus.

I don’t think I’ve heard of them or the song.

I just got finished listening to the guy in Flying Lotus in an interview to get a drift of the music you like. It was such a wonderful eye opener to me in re:to his music. I now have a better feel for where the music and the group are coming from, and really would like to hear more.
an interview with the guy in Flying Lotus?

What’s the lead guy’s name?

Is the lead person in Flying Lotus a relation to John Coltrane ?
Found an interview w/John Coltrane

Miles Davis et John Coltrane

I listened to some more. I listened and enjoyed.
Maybe he ain’t Lying
——————————————————————————-
Unexpected Delight
——————————————————————————
Hello
Camel with a video. I watched this after watching the one you had posted, and the video gave me a new take on the beat

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

LOL I’ve never seen an interview with him, he seems like an interesting guy! Not sure if I agree with the getting the most points metaphor lol :)

I’d never heard the headphone vs club music metaphor either. I am definitely a headphone music person then lol :)

Also, I had NO IDEA he was related to John or Alice Coltrane!

Some more of my favorites from Flying Lotus:
Auntie’s Lock
Tea leaf Dancers

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Haven’t had a chance to listen your new posts, but I will
Found another I enjoyed:
Flying Lotus WWWDot

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Do you have the lyrics to Tea Leaf Dancers? Enjoyed it and cool video.I liked this next video also; it’s just not as good as the one you posted, but nice effects

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have to comment about this thread. I am so enjoying it!

I started listening to some music Lee had posted.
Went off and listened to some songs and interviews connected w/that artist.

Then checked out another artist that was mentioned on the interview. —

Then-> ran into some tunes by artists that were familiar to me, that Lee’s post inspired; and I now feel like I just came from a good party.

That is what I like about this thread; it’s music appreciation and bmindful appreciation.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I would love time to listen to all of this – something I did click on was your theme song Laurie – how cool – would you believe I’ve never listened to Santana, but went to bed singing your song the other night! I’ve got so much to learn!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
That is so very cool to me. Thanks for sharing that. We are all connecting to one another in such an upbeat way, all of the time.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I just rejoined lastfm (.com) You can listen to the artists/artist’s song on my playlist: http://www.last.fm/listen/user/bbirishbug/personal

I am so glad to see this thread and am anxious to listen to a lot of the suggestions. So far, I have only sampled (& truly liked) the camel by Flying Lotus. For now I want to share some music which gets me mellowed out and/or revved up! Bernstein plays Rhapsody in Blue
Chopin Polonaise Op 53
“Timbuk3, The Future’s so Bright(I gotta wear shades)“http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YqaIxDp=0/here “Love Shack by the B52s“http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqY3uVDM85g/here
I’m positive (HOPING) I’m doing this (TRYING) correctly (NOT TO $#^% UP!)

Fifty Percent success! Yeah! But, I’ll try again.
Love Shack by the B52’s
Future’s so bright (I gotta wear shades) by Timbuk3
These are great for housework, etc.

Hello again! In thinking of “feel good”, I thought of Sting and then I thought:Brand New Day by Sting
Enjoy!

OR Brand New Day by Sting

Some great ol’ sexy songs for ya!

You Sexy Thang!

Do Ya’ Think I’m Sexy

I’m Too Sexy

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here are somes I took from above and moved down here:

Supertramp w/Goodbye Stranger

Bruce Springsteen BornTo Run 1975

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here is something special I just discovered.
Kate Rusby Falling
Kate rusby Old Man Time

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here’s one for you Celtic lovers, Freygan!
Solas Coconut Dog/Morning Dew

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I really love jazz and classical music…

I feel good/better when I listen to “A Perfect Day” by Jann Arden. Sorry- I’m at work like a bad girl and can’t post it in.

Hello Lavanta, there is a whole thread on jazz and another on classical.
And Lemur, I LOVE Jann Arden.

Here are a couple of good tunes.
The La’s There She Goes
Damien Dempsey Sing All Our Cares Away
The Saw Doctors Sing A Powerful Song
Carbon Leaf Life Less Ordinary

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I have a couple of music cds that I hired out from the library today, I was a prowl today looking all over the place for feel good music. I give thanks to my local library! Only a dollar to hire out for a week lol.

The minute I put Gardens of Eden (Putumayo World Music) and The Exotic Jungle on in the car I felt really good :-)

Looking forward to really getting into them with visualisation tonight, love the fact I will be among the monkeys and elephants :-)

I looked for this one a long time ago, but never found it until now. Hope you enjoy it.
Young Turks

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Love the song Life Less Ordinary Thanks MCM!

Here are the lyrics

Live a life less ordinary
Live a life extraordinary with me
Live a life less sedentary
Live a life evolutionary with me
Well I hate to be a bother,
But it’s you and there’s no other, I do believe
You can call me naive but…
I know me very well (at least as far as I can tell)
And I know what I need

The night you came into my life
Well it took the bones of me, took the bones of me
You blew away my storm and strife
And shook the bones of me, shook the bones of me
By the way, I do know why you stayed away…
I will keep tongue-tied next time

Live a life extraordinary with me
My face had said too much
Before our hands could even touch
To greet a ‘hello’
(So much for going slow…)
A little later on that year
I told you that I loved you dear
What do you know?
This you weren’t prepared to hear
I’m a saddened man, I’m a broken boy
I’m a toddler with a complex toy
I’ve fallen apart, since the ambush of your heart

Well it took the bones of me, took the bones of me
And shook the bones of me, shook the bones of me.
By the way, I do know why you stayed away
I will keep tongue-tied but…

Honey understand, honey understand
I won’t make demands
We could walk without a plan.
Honey understand (honey), honey understand
I won’t rest in stone all alone
I’m all ready to go
But you already know…

Live a life extraordinary with me.
If I could name you in this song
Would it make you smile and sing along?
This is the goal: to get into your soul
If I could make you dance for joy
Could that be the second-chance decoy?
The bird-in-hand I would need
To help you understand?

well it took the bones of me, took the bones of me
And shook the bones of me, shook the bones of me
By the way, I do know why you stayed away
I will keep tongue-tied next time

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great song, Laurie!
Here’s the great song you sent me the other day. I think I deserves to be posted.
Don’t Stop Thinkin’ About Tomorrow

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I just saw this video and thought it was really really cool. You have to listne carefully in the beginning

Africa Accapella

Enjoy,
Mary

I’ve been listening to a lot of Billy Joel recently =)

I listen to Paul Hoffmans song entitled No Matter What, every day part of the lyric goes Am getting stronger every day no matter what. It can be downloaded free from http://daily.finerminds.com/meditation/paul-hoffman-success-songs-2/

I also listen to Fantasia Barrino – I believe, other songs from Paul Hoffmans success song album and Ludovico Einaudi I Gorni album

In response to buttercake’s post:

for buttercake

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Laurie for the interesting youtube video

Yes did you get to download it free from the website I provided? Here it is again

http://daily.finerminds.com/meditation/paul-hoffman-success-songs-2/

Here he is singing live to couple of his songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYFNM0mORAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpR2RjUlm9w, this song here is another one I like

Regarding Paul Hoffman he recently did a 4 part video mini series on day sculpting which are great to watch, full of enriched information for the mind, just finished watching the 4th one today. You can view all 4 videos at

http://www.daysculpting.com/video-series/welcome?m=4ab8da5e72756&a_cid=ac0e9013

Hey ^^

Katy Perry – Firework
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

favorite song at the moment

{*}

Enrique Iglesias – Everything’s Gonna Be Alright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoCNSvJpJcc

In response to Chamy ..‘s post:
Glad to see you joining the party(:

I’m a little behind the times, I hadn’t heard these ..thanks

nice choices(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The Black Eyed Peas – The Best One Yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh-fIqgc1nU

Makes me happy ^^,

this is a very early music thread on Bmindful...

everything is a party

A Bruce Appreciation Lesson-lol

10th avenue Freeze Out

While I'm here-an ol clip of Rosalita

coming back to add

hope others party too here

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

let-s-party-quote-with-confetti-background-illustration_2029-200.jpg

{many links broken-from 'back in the day' .... though you can't help but notice there is a party going on, and all wanting to share with one another! How cool is that?)

loved sharing music with everyone

have a favorite

please share

haven't been able to get this song outta my head lately-been waking up with it

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

was listening to this... 

Love old school love songs!

Anyone want to start a page 2, or keep this one flowing? (:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

the song above ⬆️ is very meaningful to me I never knew how accomplished Andrew Gold was though:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content