login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★YAY Me! thread

Thought we could have a place to share achievements (affirmation related or not) to spread the positive energy!

I just made a gluten-free vegan chocolate cake and OMG!! It was delicious. Can’t say that I turned chocolate cake healthy (especially when I drizzles melted Lindt 70% over the top!) but … yum!

I just finished writing a program that unwraps hard wrapped text files so I can read them properly on my ebook reader

It works really well! :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

well done Lee :)

:P

Just finished up some client work too. Now I can get back to bmindful.

For eleven years I’d been running a business when Jazz, my action coach, said to me “who is your customer?” That sounded like a simple question which should have had an obvious answer…….and it did. But, it made me think about who the customer is and who it should be and they were not the same. How could I have not considered this question before? The answer…..For the first time I was beginning to work on the business and not just in it and it qualifies the phrase ‘you can’t run a business up a ladder’. It also goes to show how important it is to listen and more importantly, to question. I now start each day with a quality, forty minute session of questioning, listing and prioritising no more than six tasks for that day. I do them as well as I can, concentrating on the quality of the task rather than the number of them. If I don’t finish all the tasks that day, I simply put them on the next priority list. I achieve far more this way and I nail the important stuff. It’s outstanding how many eleven year old habbits I’ve changed and how much I can achieve in a day. I feel good and in control and optimistic for the future. The bottom line….quality time on my own to question.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

freerace, so you revise your priority list every single morning straight after you wake up? i have a huge problem with perfectionistic procrastination and due to my adhd having too many projects at the same time. while i get an huge amount of work done my problem is finishing because when i come close to achieving a project i lose interest grrr

i need to start writing my goals every single morning as soon as i wake up as per Brian Tracy Ultimate Goals but i’m defniitely not a morning person hehe

I recently switched off my incoming email alert & you wouldn’t believe how much more efficient it’s made me. Now I check my emails when I want to, not as soon as I hear them come in. I still check my inbox fairly regularly, but at least it’s on my terms & I don’t get distracted if I’m in the middle of something & loose concentration. I figure if someone wants to get hold of me for something really urgent, they will call me on the phone anyway!

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

mufc – I stopped twittering and now can work in solid one hour blocks!!! :) LOL! Small miracles :)

Focus

I got up at 7am this morning!

Tired now though :)

just got through a load of email that had built up thanks to my capped Internet for the last two weeks. GO AUSSIE BROADBAND….

I fixed my dreads last night and put new ones in!!! I love my hair :)

Focus

awesome! didnt know you had dreads too freygan! I’ve heard they are high maintenance (although many onlookers probably wouldn’t say so), i guess it would be a passion :)

Unreal, I didn’t know you had dreads Freya!

How long have you had them? How did you form them?

Also, yay me for implementing private messaging on the bmindful forums! :)

YAY Lee for the private msging! I just msged you with the dread instructions!

YAY for me is I landed another job today!!! WOOHOO!

Focus

Thanks Freya! Congrats on the job!

and Yay me for making delicious chili mushrooms mmmmmmm

nerd talk: have finally got netatalk on debian to talk to leopard. Much quicker than sshfs.

Se De Luz, Isn’t Brian Tracy the best? I’ve been listening to him since the mid 80’s and he seems to help me make all full days manageable.

Anyone else listen to Brian?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yay! I’ve been incorporating much more literacy into my teaching in recent weeks and my boss came in yesterday to see the kids and loved the work! She was so appreciative of my effort and enthusiasm that the kids had for writing! Yay! this stuff gets me so excited about my job :)

Today I’ve got another 2 years approval for homeschooling!

They were really impressed that I had integrated a thematic approach with the curriculum and are confident in my approach :)

ALL I CAN SAY IS YAY FOR ME!

Focus

Congratulations Fregan!

What is thematic approach?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

laurie: listened to quite a bit of brian tracy in my day, maybe i have to go back to his teachings because its been years since the last time…i go through phases of amazing productivity and laziness :p

Laurie,

I teach a theme – not via curriculum areas, so we never sit down and just do English or Maths. We plant seeds, count them, measure the plants, keep a journal, observe lifecycles, weather etc. All the work is connected to a theme (and usually the theme is chosen together).

Freya

Focus

Fregan,

That sounds wonderful! I’d love to hear more(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Se Da Luz,

I visualized that one day I’d have a nice Brian Tracy library—And it happened.

I find his motivational research on tape is IT for me. I’ve listened to his stuff since 1985. When I feel, my priorities are just not getting tended to or I have a lot to learn in a new area, Brian helps. I put him on in the background.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Melt86,

What ages do you teach?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
I teach 3-5s in a long day care centre.
much like Freygan’s thematic approach we follow an emergent curriculum, which is based around the interests of the child and we incorporate skill based learning into experience, pretty much exactly as Freygan detailed with the planting.
GREAT work Freygan!

Melt86 and Fregan, Your work sounds exciting! That is fantastic there is such an environment for the children. Is it like the Montesori schools?

I am grateful I once worked with the children, even though I didn’t do it for very long. Children can teach us a lot(: You both must come with great stories of the day(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh yeah Melt86,

I would love your gluten-free chocolate cake recipe! Did it have a lot of sugar. I love chocolate!

Are you a fan of dark chocolate?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie,

My son went to Montessori school for 3 years, from the age of 3 to 6. Montessori is similar, although their Key Learning Areas are different from the govt’s. The thematic approach is more similar to Steiner, my philosophy is different to Steiner.

The 6 year old is cute :)

Focus

Congrats on the approval freygan!

In response to laurie’s post:

I found the recipe here
but adapted it to what I had in the cupboard. I use F.G.Roberts Gluten free flour (from Coles). I just made one cake too and didn’t split it like the recipe said.

Ok this might sound tacky but I’ve just been searching quite a bit for positive things to do to keep busy online and found bmindful (this is my first post) and I’m so happy to have found this community!

So Yay me! for searching and finding what I’m looking for :)

I lost 2 kilos this week! a BIG YAY for that!

Focus

lt good news! :) Glad you found us!

Congrats Freya!

Yay me for nearly clearing out my inbox, and for getting a couple of hours of decent sleep this morning!

Yay I have finished making all my Christmas Puds, We had friends for dinner last night and Mmmmmm I should have more confidence that they turn out okay we had one and they are smashing even though I say so myself!!!

Love Life
Sue

Just made a banana and walnut bread loaf. I got a box of bananas for $2 :) YAY! Now I have banana in everything – am eating the banana bread with a banana smoothie LOL.

Focus

I took a little time off to catch up with myself(: That’s my 1st yaay(: The things I have been trying to catch up with are getting the attention they’ve needed(: Thanks to affirmations and thanks to the many people who share on this site giving great ideas and wonderful positive energy.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

YAY ME! Yay for being me :) I now get a free massage everyday :) YAY ME!!!!!!! Because I am so loved by my friends :)

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
In response to melt86’s post:

So, Melt86 and Freygan ~ My husband isn’t satisfied with how our school system teaches our 5, 8 & 9 year old. He wants to home school. However, the truth is that I would be responsible for the education. I don’t take education lightly and I know my strengths and weaknesses. Consistency is a weakness. Creativity usually is not a problem. What is your opinion of the homeschooling method? What are the dangers or things to consider before making the plunge?

I agree that with USA’s No Child Left Behind Act that our children are only taught to take tests and not to learn the facts. But, I’m not sure that I’m the best alternative.

Let me know your thoughts and what motivates you in your teaching.

Thank you so much!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I was homeschooled due to illness. Not all courses were manditory, i improved on my algebra 100% and still had lots of time to myself. It’s well worth it!

In response to meditatingmama’s post:

I am BLESSED. My son is ultra smart and mature for his age (just turned 7). He is motivated and reasons well. He did 3 years of school in one year last year.

I was a bit hesitant and fearful at the beginning, but using affirmations, I got over that.

Whatever you do (do is important, you can’t sit around all day!) – you will do a better job than any teacher. You KNOW your children better than anyone else in the world – so you can tailor their learning exactly to their needs.

It takes a bit of work, planning and documentation on your part, but it is so worth it the child.

I don’t teach him everything, as a homeschooler parent, I am a facilitator first, then teacher. I outsource:

• violin lessons
  • cello lessons
  • ballet lessons
  • string ensemble
  • circus training
  • magic trick training
  • various other skills I don’t have.

I mostly teach him maths (he loves algebra!), english, natural and physical sciences, religion and ethics (I think most parents would do this anyway), personal development (I taught him Reiki, affirmations, goals, promises, goals and NOW the frog eating is in earnest!) and help him practice his lessons from other teachers.

We spend about 1 hour homeschooling – some days more depends on whether he has a class or practice somewhere – some days I did less than 15 minutes homeschooling, the only consistency I had was that we work every day weekends included. But it was easy cos it was a rhythm. We’ve just taken a two month break and start of March we’re back into it. This year will start him on year 3 stuff and will be refering more to text books – so it will be easier to work out the curriculum – which gets more and more complicated every year.

PM if you would like to continue the conversation!

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
I am very impressed with you and your son! It’s refreshing to hear how you’ve raised him. I can tell he has brought you much joy. You are so blessed!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I can imagine hoe schooling being very rewarding. And just the sheer amount of time that you could include learning, everything could become so relevant. I often think that children learn at school in isolation – their teacher’s are spouting algebra and at home their parents have no idea where they are up to!
There are a few different curriculums available in schools in Australia.
The ususal – Department of Education schools who follow a K-6 and 7-12 Syllabus
Private schools who have to meet the outcomes of the Syllabus but often do it in different ways.
International schools who follow the International baccalaureate. What I have read about this sounds amazing, but I haven’t been able to do any personal research
Montessori
Steiner

Are there different schools like this in your area for you to have more options?

Cross your fingers for me. I just got this e-mail about one of my songs. Think positive!!!

Dear Jeff.

We have been approached by DSG (Dixons, Currys, Currys Digital, PC World…) to provide a total of 60 music tracks for pre-loading on to 1.4 Million ‘Pure Play Music’ branded MP3 Players, to be distributed throughout stores in europe.

All the tracks will be clearly labelled with artist name and title, so anyone buying the MP3 player will know who the music is by. Should you agree to your track being included, you will receive payment for the use of your music. This will be 1/60th of a total of 30% of our net receipts. This is estimated to be a minimum of £ 1,000 for each participating group/artist. You will receive payment from us within 30 days of us receiving payment from our client.

Your music will be licensed by us on your behalf to the client on a non-exclusive basis, meaning that you retain all copyright ownership with no limitations on future use.

We would like to shortlist the track My Shirt for potential inclusion on the MP3 players.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Woo Hoo! I had 100% faith in you! This is awesome!! I couldn’t be more proud of you at this moment, if I tried…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I don’t want to overdo the yeah me thing, but “My Shirt” is one of the featured songs on Madeloud.com this week.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Woot Woot!
That’s awesome,well done!

This is just the beginning, Jeff. You know that, right??

yaay me, I am going to the gym before work!!!!! I never do that anymore!!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!

And guess what! I got this e-mail today! It’s for the song “My Shirt”.

—————————————————————
We are a New and upcoming Internet Radio station, and aim to play this song on our Fresh Friday Firsts show this afternoon between 1700 & 1800 GMT.

If you have any m ore information you would like us to add to this please let me know before the show starts and I will endeavor to add the information to the show.

Many thanks in advance
Simon Newman
Station Manager
http://bhlradio.com

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Congratulations!! I am so proud of you!! (or did I already say that?)

YAY youuuuu……

…what a wonderful world….

Wow! It’s happening for you;I know it!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you guys for your kind words and encouragement.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Woot Woot!! Go MCM!

I’ve got worms!!
I bought a worm farm on the weekend to eat through all our kitchen scraps & make great fertiliser for the garden. Any vermiculturists out there?

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Wow! Talk about taking care of the environment! Good for you!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

woohoo for worms!

Focus

I had a really great night of learning! I spent a lot of time really absorbing stuff. I might post some stuff later about it, but for right now I’m just feeling like I’ve begun to tap into some really good stuff. Mostly really thinking about acceptance and mirroring. I was really in the zone if ya know what I mean, and I know you do. It was really refreshing and exhilirating.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Ive finally mastered the art of plaiting. Its taken me over a quarter of a century to do it but now ive learnt thanks to a book my daughter got for her birthday. :)

enjoy life!

I’m so happy for you, but I don’t know what plaiting is?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In Response to freygan,

You sound like a great teacher and could really help so many young children. I have a couple of friends who are teachers. It seemed odd to me that the schools give teachers certain methods of teaching. I suggested to my friend that part of teaching should be financial responsibility and every day living.

How to balance a check book, learn about credit cards and the insterest being paid on things we buy as opposed to saving and paying cash. Or how to negotiate with credit card companies for a lower interest rate. How to stretch your dollars and mostly “living beneath your means.” We live in a society of instant gratification instead of working towards are goals.

I have taught my son to check on as much as possible before making a purchase. You would be surprised to see how many people don’t read the fine print then later get into trouble. It all begins when we are children. Some of these subjects may be for later on in their older years but you would be surprised how much children obsorb!

Peace,
Mary

The other word for plaiting is braiding (I think) like when long hair is braided or plaited. Plait is actually pronounced plat. I learnt from a book showing how to make friendship bracelets

enjoy life!

This weekend, I really went out of my shell into an area that I’d never gone before… athletics. I have been working out consistently with a personal trainer for over three months now and have been progressively working to get stronger. This weekend, I decided to push myself out of my comfort zone. I signed up and ran a 2-mile race. It was scary yet exhilarating!! I am so glad that I did it, because it was such an accomplishment for someone who was a bookworm and not an athlete in my youth.

BTW, it wasn’t that long ago (November, 2008) that I was a size 16 and over 60 pounds overweight… Affirmations can change you physically as well as mentally!!!

Fantastic on all counts MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(smiles)
Please keep us informed about your personal training too(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

FANTASTIC MM!!!!! I am so incredibly proud of you I can’t express it in words. You are wonderful, and inspiring to all of us. I know you must feel really proud, and deservedly so. Great! Great! Great!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

GREAT news MM!

Great!! ‘coz I know losing weight isn’t easy, especially when u r not the atheletic type.
I too am in the process of losing the extra flab. 16 pounds gone and 10 more to go. wish me luck and do share some tips on this. The last few pounds are stuck to me badly. The more I want to get rid of them the more I am unable to.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

THANKYOU LAURIE!!!
YAY ME!!!
Its so nice to have great encouragement and support – and recognition for doing a great thing, not only for me, but for the people around me.
I HAVE FREEDOM FROM NICOTINE!

I feel good and its thanks to you guys for all the great advice and positive vibes that I keep absorbing from this site…..

Yay to all non-smokers!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

Anoushka~ That is soooo weird that this is posted today. I had a dream about you last night. I didn’t understand it.

You were belly dancing on a cigarette. You kept doing fancy foot work smashing the cigarette and you had such a smile on your face. Now, I see it! You were celebrating your triumph over nicotine!! Too cool!!

MM!!!!omg!!!! You are sooo funny – and kinda psychic!!!

How thoughtful of you to be so deeply concerned for my wellbeing that it popped up in your subconscious/dream state!!!! Dancing on a cigarette!!! Thats an image that will keep me going. You rock!
I have had a really hard day, but reading that before I log off has given me the warm fuzzies and a HUGE grin!
Thankyou ‘Motivating Mary’!!
God Bless. x ;o)

Cool dream. Great picture for visualization Anoushka(:

Brought me smiles this morning

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- effectively & easily handles every challenge~‘s post:

If only the technology existed to put my dream on video, I’d post it! :)

Sending you both lots of ((((( LOVE ))))) …. Do ya feel it??? :)

Yes MM – Backatcha!!
God bless you for your big heart!
;o)

Hello Anoushka~ How are you doing with your nicotine freedom? Has your stress level at work became more manageable? I have added a new affirmation especially for you – even though as a policy I don’t usually do this. However, I was inspired and thought I would share it with you. Here is my affirmation for you:

“I place Anoushka in the arms of the angels today and know that she is loved and protected.”

I kind of view affirmations as a protective angel that sets our course and lights the way of our lives. This little affirmation is my way of reminding you that you should always put yourself first in health and happiness. When anyone has harsh or critical words to say to you – or you are feeling weak when it comes to nicotine, just reaffirm that you are loved and protected. Besides, a gentle correction to yourself is much more effective than any harsh criticism that you may let enter into your mind.

I’m sorry if this isn’t making sense. I’m very sleepy, but wanted to get this out of my brain before I go to bed. That way you stay out of my dreams. ;) hehehehe…

I’ve done my daily exercise for 40 of the last 42 days. Those two days I skipped were a conscious choice, and many of the days I did it twice! I’ll be starting with my weights on Monday!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

YAY!! What a good habit that you have started. You know, the first step is always the hardest!! I can only do six days a week because mentally I need the 7th for myself. I need to follow you and get back on the track again because since my husband returned, I have been a very bad girl to myself. I need to put myself a priority again…and you are my inspiration!!

Great thread from 2008-2009

looks like a keeper for current threads…Whatcha think?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

YES!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy's post:

Thanks Poppy-here I go then!

I co-created~allowed alignment....

{all morning to make a phone call with a health-claim that was improperly submitted}

I heard this type pf thing 'happens'... though it did not make the calls any less 'interesting' (that is a kind word) for the info shared w/me... that I had to interpret(:

Though the good news is... I made the call(s)... and now I just have to create a case... with necessary persons.

and ... believe... all is well and ease will be the way I travel(:

I'm so proud of me... It wasn't easy (at all) ... Though

I DID IT!2fb4e19d8aafea16d5b2d7f6935d4080_we.gif

I DID THE PART THAT FEELS LIKE IT WAS THE HARDEST PART OF THINGS.

THAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD... THAT IT IS DONE

AND THAT I DID IT!

YAAAY ME!2fb4e19d8aafea16d5b2d7f6935d4080_we.gif

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yaay me... I love how I have been consistent with what works for me in everyday living. It is my day off... and while I don't have a huge block of time to get 'everything' I want done... all feels sufficient .... and I am looking forward to my day.Image result for girl with balloons

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

yaay me-the day hasn't started yet and I am already seeing what is ahead as good.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

yaay me! created an event today & it was successful!Image result for celebrating by relaxing pic quote

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

yaaay me! I agreed to work today... to cover for another

just got a last minute call... All is well...I got day off!!!

Love going with the flow... love not resisting

things work out better that way

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yaay me! Just felt like saying that! Yaay me… think I will focus on what I am doing well today and what I would like to allow myself to do better in!

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content