login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Mind Books

If you are looking for a book that will help you drill your affirmations in I suggest two books that I love. The first one I have read all the way through which is titled “What to Say When Talking to Yourself” and the second which I am almost done with and am enjoying is “Magic of Believing.”

Other books that I find awesome as well that deal more with money are “Think and Grow Rich” especially chapter 4 which is on auto suggestion and “The greatest salesman in the world” or “the Greatest secret in the world” Both by og mandino. They are both the same one just tells the story and provides the tools while the other provides the tools and provides a tracker. Either one works.

Also creating personal mind movies for yourself is another way to drill not only positive affirmations into your mind but also keep yourself focused on your dreams and goals that you want for yourself.

Great books. I’ve read all of them, lol!

Here are a few other great books to consider: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, Influence by Robert Cialdini, Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt, The Law by Frederic Bastiat, The Republic by Plato, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, are all books that I highly recommend. It’s amazing how many great books you can get for free now online.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Haha. I will have to check out the others. I have read “How to win friends…” Very nice book. Have you checked out the new mind movie yet?

No, please put up the link.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The link is: http://youtu.be/5ou3Ecu32rw

Let me know what you think

In response to Succes_n_Freedom’s post:
this is it ,right?

VERY CREATIVE WORK!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you Selfcare and Mara for the compliments. I plan on making at least two more personal mind movies that I will post. One for confidence and one for health and fitness.

Mara that book is very good. I really think you will like it. The title sounds weird and may turn heads if people see you read it like they did when some saw me with it but it was worth it.

I feel like Tony the Tiger, ‘cause that was GRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!
Here’s a live link for his video

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed the video. That is my actual personal mind movie that I watch everyday. I used the affirmations with “you” instead of “I” because I have a better connection with my affirmations when I read it as someone else telling me these things about myself. I think that people believe what others would say about themselves before they believe it if they say it themselves. But that is just what I think because that is how I feel when I use affirmations.

Mara,

Thanks. When I use “You” instead of I and I am reading my affirmations or hearing them on a recorder (which I make recordings of my affirmations to with my beats in the back ground) “You” sounds like someone is telling me this about myself and I feel it to have more of an “impact” on me. Because I have tried reading affirmations with “I” and I feel like I’m just lying to myself and is harder for me to “accept” with my conious mind. I think using “you” helps the concious mind accept it more and doesn’t put up as much of a resistance. Espcially with the mind movie’s since You actually read some of the affirmations that are in there. Or at least that is how I feel when I read them. :)

I wasn’t able to watch the video as fluidly as I would’ve liked the 1st time w/pc…though I can now. I can see so many types of things you incorporated in this creative product of yours. Please educate me on the background tone, and the types one can choose from to produce positive effects. Once again, congratulations on this piece and the gift for us to experience.respect & blessings…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you Selfcare. You can use Binural beats with frequences ranging from 12 Hz to 5 Hz that will put your brain in the alpha to Theta stage. (12 to 8 being alpha ad 7 to 3 being Theta) which is used to help the brain be more open to suggestions. Which will help with the affirmations reaching the subconcious. You can also use Isochronic tones which “DON’T” require the use of head phones like Binural beats do. I would suggest doing more research on both since there is so much into I would have to type out. You can find alot of good information about this online though.Also with the tones you may not be able to physically hear the tone but your brain will pick it up.

I like your vid Succes n Freedom. Very nicely done, I faved it to look at it in more detail later. And I agree, The Magic of Believing is a fantastic book. I’ve got a recording of it as well. Well done. Keep up the fantastic work! :D

Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories

Affirmations,Audio Stories and handcrafted Inspirational Gifts

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who think you’re not.”

I have a post on bmindful somewhere about binural audio. I’ll try to find it.

One thing that I think can be quite effective when it comes to affirmations is posing questions. If you ask your subconscious mind a question it will go into overdrive finding answers. For example, if you want to eat healthier foods you can ask “What are some of the benefits of eating healthy foods”.

When I make an affirmation tape for myself I mix “I, You and Jeff” all into the affirmations. When I play it softly while I sleep I often dream that I am overhearing other people talking about me in a positive way. It is a good feeling.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Some old threads that are related to this thread. Binural or Binaural.
Binural Beats
Another one
Another
And another
And another
Once again with feeling
Everyone
This time just the men
Now the ladies
Now sing from your diaphragm

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m not saying that Binaural beats are going to make you super human or anything like that. Binaural beats are used to change the brain waves down so that they are not as “active” I guess would be the best word and allow the brain to be more open to suggestions. Now what other products may claim these beats may do is their own business. I believe that you should do your own research like I did on the subject matter. You’ll find people who don’t like them and think they are useless and you will find those who swear by them. No one is alike. And with anything repetition is the key to anything you do. You can’t expect the first time you use anything that you’re going to whatever you are trying to achieve for. I think that would be unrealistic. I use binaural beats and that is what I do “With” conjunction of my affirmations. Also there is scientific finds when it comes to binaural beats weather you believe in them or not. Like I said before you have to do your own research to get through all the junk that is out there.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content