login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What are you reading now?

The only book I’ve ever read from start to finish nonstop was Shantaram. Aside from that anomaly, I’m always reading more than one book at a time.

Right now I’m reading three books, the first I’ve been reading for months and it’s something I only pick up every now and then. It’s called The Great War For Civilisation by Robert Fisk. It’s a fascinating book that’s very interesting and incredibly well written, it’s also HUGE and quite profound at times. Unfortunately a string of other incredibly interesting books that I have read / am reading / intend to read mean that I’ll probably be reading this book for some time to come.

I’m also reading The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. This is a fascinating book about our blindness with respect to randomness, particularly large deviations. (Quoted from Wikipedia) Although I’m barely half way through I already recommend it to nearly everyone I speak. Fascinating, thought provoking and unlike anything else I’ve ever read.

Finally, I’m reading The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss. Probably because of the cheesy and unbelievable title I had ignored this book for a long time and it wasn’t until some very effective people recommended it to me that I seriously considered reading it. I’m about half way through this one too but already it has seriously changed the way I go about doing things. If you never get to the end of your ToDo list then this buying this book will seriously be the best money you’ll ever spend. Period.

After I knock these over I’m going to check out The Fountain Head by Ayn Rand which I found in a second hand bin, exactly where I’d hoped it would be and Man’s search for ultimate meaning by Viktor Frankl, a “sequel” of sorts to his other book Man’s search for meaning which I read and thoroughly enjoyed.

What are you reading at the moment?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Hmmm, I’ve just realized the irony of mentioning an anomaly and The Black Swan in the same post AND talking about reading more than one book at a time when one of them is The 4-Hour Workweek where Timothy Ferriss calls multitasking a virus that will end learning :)

I’m currently reading The Crack in the Cosmic Egg: New Constructs of Mind and Reality by Joseph Chilton Pearce. It’s been on the shelf for a while now and aI started reading it but then got distracted.

It delves into some fairly heavy themes and gets a bit too academic sometimes for just light reading. What keeps drawing me back though it the authors constant reference to children and their initial “unburdened” and “un-contaminated” thinking. He also talks about autism as being not a negative construct but something that has been misinterpreted by the people of today. That autism is just a type of thinking about reality that is on a spectrum not to far away from our reality. That’s probably not a very good description and he goes into detail, over many chapters, about how powerful and eye-opening autistic thinking can be.

I’ve just finished reading DMT, The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman. The book details Strassman’s research, conducted at the University of New Mexico, on DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) a hallucinogenic tryptamine.

I’d heard a lot about DMT and was fascinated. After reading the book I was surprised that a lot of the “truths” about the drug were actually just unproven but very convincing hypotheses. They do however make incredible sense and are yet to be disproved. I’m unsure as to why someone hasn’t taken the time to prove them, although I’m suspecting that they’re more than a little scared of what they might find out.

DMT is fascinating! It exists in just about every plant and animal and ALL humans, and is reputed to be generated by your pineal gland (often called your Third Eye) The pineal gland is thought to produce large amounts of DMT during birth, death, near-death experiences, heavy meditation and even whilst you’re dreaming!

I wont go much more into it than that but if you’re at all interested in psychedelics and get a chance, be sure to pick up this book!

I finished The 4-Hour Workweek yesterday. I gave it a glowing review in my previous post, but towards the end of the book it really took a turn for the worse :(

It went into a lot of information about affiliate marketing. I’m not looking to make my money via affiliate marketing so this wasn’t very interesting to me but I can see how it might be useful to others.

After that it went on to talk about how to go about being able to telecommute, which once again isn’t relevant to me. My problem though was not that it wasn’t relevant to me, but that it got downright decietful at time.

It details how to manipulate your boss into allowing you to work from home by intentionally dropping the quality or/and quantity of your work, faking sick days so you can work from home and be “more productive” thanks to the comparison against the artificially reduced output whilst AT work.

After this it goes on to detail how to fake being a large business when you’re not in order to fool your customers and suppliers. I’m morally opposed to this practice and think that it would actually work against you. I’m very much in agreeance with Seth Godin and the likes in that small is the new big, I’ve had heated arguments with business partners in the past about pretending to be something we are not so this part in particular really struck a nerve with me.

An interesting book though and the first half contains some excellent advice and is a real wake up call when it comes to looking at how much work you you really are doing in a day.

I’d still recommend the book to people, but I’d suggest they rip the book in two and throw away the second half before they start reading.

Currently I am reading a psychological thriller, that’s for fun!!! Also reading Ask and it is Given by Jerry and Esther Hicks. I usually have a couple of books beside my bed and read whatever the mood decides.
Lee if you get through the Fountain Head, try Atlas Shrugged which is an expansion on Ayn Rand’s philosophy. It is my favourite all time book and one I read every couple of years or so, when I wonder where the world is headed and I need a positive lift. I have also read her books on philosophy, We, the Living and the Virtue of Selfishness.

I have just finished reading The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall. It was given to us by our Financial Advisor. This book is all about change and reaffirming your values. Its a small book, easy to read in a fable style. Well worth it and plenty to feed the mind.

(Life is how you live it… not how you spend it)
It has a lot to do with what you are trying to achieve with this site Lee. Keep up the good work.

Im going on to read Stopping the Monkey Mind by Mantak Chia I will keep you posted.

Love Life
Sue

As I said in my introduction post, I have just started to read Napoleon Hill’s Think & Grow Rich again. (I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read it!) It is a timeless classic & if you haven’t read it, you owe it to yourself to grab a copy from somewhere & open it up. It is actually out of copyright now, so I believe that there are numerous places on the Internet where you can download it for free. You just need to do a search for it.

If I enjoy a book, I have a habit of reading them more than once – especially inspirational ones. Other than traditional personal development books, I love inspirational autobiographies. I have read some really great ones and among my favourites are Lance Armstrong’s “It’s not about the bike”, about his fight to overcome cancer & win the ultimate endurance race, The Tour de France & Aron Ralston’s “Between a Rock & a Hard Place”, about his ordeal while being trapped by a boulder for five days & ultimately having to amputate his own arm to break free.

But one of the most inspirational (& heart wrenching if you are a parent), is “The Girl in the Picture”, which is about the rebuilding of the life of Kim Phuc. Kim is the nine year old girl in the 1972 Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph, which was taken as she ran naked in terror after a napalm strike during the Vietnam war. The book tells the story of her painful ordeal, both as she recovered from her horrific injuries & afterwards, as a publicity puppet of the communist Vietnamese government.

Now these three books might sound a bit gruesome, but trust me, the inspiration you will get when your own menial daily problems pale in comparison, is absolutely uplifting! These stories are truely inspirational!

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

Lee, I saw the 4 hour workweek at borders but it felt a bit cringy, like MLM. Would be interesting to read the first half I suppose!

Mufc, I am similiar, if I like a book I read it lots of times. Instead of your Napoleon Hill book, the book I read lots is “Women who run with the wolves” – Estes. I have lost count too.

Goddess, I am reading Abraham Hicks – “the amazing power of deliberate intent”. I get their daily affirmations in my email. Love reading them, it’s like a deep breath at the start of my work day.

So right now I’m reading:
The amazing power of deliberate intent – Abraham Hicks
Women who run with the wolves – Clarissa Estes
Veganomicon – a cook book
The Shackleton Voyages.
My safari bookshelf online – all tech books of no interest to anyone except web geeks :)

I just finished “Dig Tree” by Sarah Murgatroyd. About the Burke and Wills expeditions. It was very enjoyable, I love history and pioneers and explorers :)

I love reading!!! Delicious!

Focus

Mans Search for meaning by Victor Frankyl, Comming to our Senses by Jon Kabat Zinn.I also read alot about mindfulness.

I am reading “Facing Love Addiction” By Pia Melody. Very draining stuff, but it’s me, and my voyage is to find me, no matter where it goes.

The more I know about the structures within, how they formed, who I am and was, the more likely I’ll be able to change.

reading Gabriel Garcia Marques – 100 Years in Solitude

its really good but i have to wonder why it was awarded the nobel prize for literature, its not THAT profound, i much preferred Isballa Allendes House of Spirits which is obviously insipred by 100 years in Solitude but has a better storyline and is more interesting in my opinion

Recent books I read are Feel the Fear and do it anyway, Susan Jeffers. Really helps you identify base fears that stop you from what you want to do and gives very practical, effective (they worked for me) tips on conquering them. Its all about positive affirmations and drowning out negative chatter.

Also, The Traveler’s Gift, don’t recall the author. A great book about the values/attributes of highly successful people.

Recent books I’ve read and still look thru almost on a daily basis are:
The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, which writes about taking small daily actions towards your goals in order to be the successful person you want to be.
If you take a small action every day, you will build up momentum and keep going, ultimately reaching your goals. He relates this to what many people do such as getting as much done in one or 2 days and then taking a break for the next 5. It then becomes so much harder to begin again. Sorta like working out with weights. very good motivational reading with excellent insights to reaching a successful life; whatever that may be for an individual.

Law Of Attraction Book by Michael J. Losier – He is considered the “How To” guy when it comes to actually applying the LOA . Gives many valuable tips and answers on his radio show on Oprah’s XM radio station and thru his website.

How To Win Friends & Influence People – Dale Carneige A Classic!
Think & Grow Rich – Napolean Hill Another classic
Betting on Yourself – Dr. Robert Anthony ( E-Book )
Also reading Jim Cockrum’s E-book The Silent Sales Machine which is all about E-bay and other ways to make quick money.

Reading other short E-books related to internet and network marketing of which one of the best is Michael Dlouhy’s ,“Success In 10 Steps”. I’ve also got this autographed in a published paperback . This book is more than just about MLM and network marketing. Much, if not all, of the material in this book can be applied to all aspects of life and business.
Also have it on CD as well as many other self-growth and marketing CDs by Joe Vitale, Bob Proctor, Jim Tracy, Guy Finley, Wayne Dyer…etc…etc…etc..

I NEED that E-book Reader!

Ive just read Louise Hays; You Can Heal Your LIfe again.

The chapter that fascinated me most is the one on how our emotions can cause illness in our bodies (or dis-eases as she calls them).At first I was sceptical that something like a bronchitis could be caused by an emotion, but when I read through the emotional causes of some dis-eases I had as a child I realised there was a lot of truth in what she was saying, for example ear ache in childhood, which I used to get is caused by not wanting to hear your parents arguing, something mine did a lot of.

Anytime I get a little ailment now I just say the corresponding affirmation to help me feel better.

enjoy life!

HI best78,

just wanted to say thanks for mentioning the earache thing. I’d listened to this book on dvd, and you just reminde me of that same situation. I had many ear infections as a chld, throughout my teenage years and yes, my folks argued alot, mainly due to my dad’s drinking. I also had bronchitis until my late teens. Wow! I better watch to this again. I think I may have missed something. Have a great day everyone!

I’m reading The Lady in Blue, a paranormal thriller about a mysterious sighting of a beautiful Lady who appeared to a native American tribe in New Mexico. Strange sightings intrigue me because over time many people have reported seeing something out of the ordinary that they couldn’t explain. I’m only a third of the way through it and it’s unputdownable.

How To Win Friends & Influence People – Dale Carneige A Classic!
Think & Grow Rich – Napolean Hill Another classic
^^^ both amazing books

Just started reading James Joyce’s autobiography
http://www.amazon.com/Re-Joyce-Anthony-Burgess/dp/0393004457/ref=pd_sim_b_njs_4

they say its one of the greatest biographies ever written on one of the greatest writers who ever lived, its a beast of a book though, nearly a thousand pages :s

I often read books in one sitting, but the MOST enjoyable one was the last time I did this in August last year.

It was Siddharta, Herman Hesse. Great read :) Couldn’t put it down.

Focus

Blogacious how is lady in blue shaping up? Sounds intriguing.
It’s amazing reading all these posts I think our reading habits are quite similar. Our book shelfs would have at least 75% of these books tha have been mentioned between us. Like minded people or what.

Love Life
Sue

freygan I love Siddharta!

I’ve just finished reading “Nightmare in Pink” by John D MacDonald. Just a lighthearted read, which I picked up after a recommendation from a great story teller. (See This Thread)

I’m also reading the Qur’an because I’ve never read it before. I’ve nearly finished the The Black Swan, and am about to start fountainhead too.

Have any of you ever read Jonathan Livingston Seagull or Illusions. Those are a couple of great books, at least to me. I even wrote a song called Hey, Jonathan based on the book.

The Dale Carnegie stuff is great.

The Richest Man in Babylon is another book worth reading.

I haven’t read The Road Less Traveled, but I have heard about it for a long time. Have any of you read it?

Authentic Happiness was a good read.

I read Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain years ago, I thought there was some truth in there.

I know most of you have read The Lord of the Rings, but if you haven’t you should. I’ve read it at least eight times. Call me a geek if you want, but I want to move to Middle Earth. The movies are fine, but the books are GREAT! I’ve even read the Silmarillion four or five times. It is so beautiful. I guess I’m a bit of an escapist! :)

What are some of your recommendations.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

themadcookieman, I’ve just purchased a Dale Carnegie book I didn’t know existed called how to stop worrying and start living. I’ve got about ten books I need to read before that but I can’t wait to get into it!

The Richest Man in Babylon is one of my favorite books of all time. I’ve read it a few times but didn’t read it last year and really should have. Maybe I’ll bump that up my list and read it again.

I’ve just finished A Separate Reality by Carlos Castaneda and cannot recommend it enough! MUCH, MUCH better than The Teachings Of Don Juan imho although you’d probably have to read The Teachings Of Don Juan first to get the most out of A Separate Reality. I also have the third book in the series ready to read too (Journey To Ixtlan)

I’m going to write a post on A Separate Reality, I think everyone should read this book!

I just read a book today (it was a fast, easy read) that is so inline with affirmations. It is called A Complaint Free World (How to Stop Complaining and Start Enjoying the Life You Always Wanted) by Will Bowen.

The gist of it is to stop complaining for 21 days in a row. There is a purple bracelet that they send you and you switch hands every time you complain until you go 21 days without complaining.

Basically it goes hand in hand with the Law of Attraction. Your vibrational energy is increased with the positive and not reduced by complaining. They also have a website that I haven’t visited yet as I just got done reading the book.

http://www.acomplaintfreeworld.org

So, I think I will try to go 21 days without complaining and let you know how much things really get better. :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hi All~ I just read another book tonight that I thought would be fun to share. It is called What Color is Your Personality by Carol Ritberger, PhD.

It is written by a medical intuitive. She has a little test you take that analyzes how your brain processes information and in what combination: auditory, visual, conceptual and kinesthetic. From this, she assigns a color and does a personality breakdown.

It was a fun, light read that took less than 2 hours to read. She has a website if you are interested in the basic subject: http://www.ritberger.com

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’m not sure how many of bmindful people have small children, but I’m almost done reading a book that I’d like to share because it is pretty decent. The title says it all…

What Kids Want That Money Can’t Buy – Tips for Parenting in a Commerical World. By Betsy Taylor

I found this book recommendation on the website: www.newdream.org

I’m in the middle of reading The Witches – Roald Dahl to my son who’s 5. He’s captivated and scared/thrilled at the same time. I remember reading it when I was a child. That’s one thing I love about reading to my kids, getting to relive my childhood favs.
meditatingmama – I like the sound of book named above – I need some new tips for living in this commercial world – just about worn out the “starving kids in 3rd world countries” speech ;)

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
That looks like a great informative website! Thanks for sharing :)

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Hey Jeff,

I don’t remember what thread from you that I read that suggested reading Life101 and Wealth101, but I finally got them from the library last night night and have started Life 101. So far, I really am enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ok, Lee ~ I know you have a LONG book list, but I’m in the middle of a book that I think you may find interesting. In fact, all consumers should read this book!! It is called The Numerati by Stephen Baker.

Here is the official Blurb…

The Book Blurb:

A captivating look at how a global math elite is predicting and altering our behavior — at work, at the mall, and in bed

Every day we produce loads of data about ourselves simply by living in the modern world: we click web pages, flip channels, drive through automatic toll booths, shop with credit cards, and make cell phone calls. Now, in one of the greatest undertakings of the twenty-first century, a savvy group of mathematicians and computer scientists is beginning to sift through this data to dissect us and map out our next steps. Their goal? To manipulate our behavior — what we buy, how we vote — without our even realizing it.

In this tour de force of original reporting and analysis, journalist Stephen Baker provides us with a fascinating guide to the world we’re all entering — and to the people controlling that world. The Numerati have infiltrated every realm of human affairs, profiling us as workers, shoppers, patients, voters, potential terrorists — and lovers. The implications are vast. Our privacy evaporates. Our bosses can monitor and measure our every move (then reward or punish us). Politicians can find the swing voters among us, by plunking us all into new political groupings with names like “Hearth Keepers” and “Crossing Guards.” It can sound scary. But the Numerati can also work on our behalf, diagnosing an illness before we’re aware of the symptoms, or even helping us find our soul mate. Surprising, enlightening, and deeply relevant, The Numerati shows how a powerful new endeavor — the mathematical modeling of humanity — will transform every aspect of our lives.

The next books i’m going to get will be fast reads like: The Domino magazine’s book on decor & Lucky magazine’s 2cd book on wardrobe. Both published by Conde Nast. I only have time to read articles online that i “Stumbleupon”. Here are some of my favorite sites: http://bbirishbug.stumbleupon.com/

I must admit it’s required reading for my Healing Touch Certification but I’m currently reading The Uncommon Touch: by Tom Harpur.

Great book, loads of insight into spiritual healing including some history, testimonials and research into the efficacy of touch, healing, and spirituality. It’s about 15 years old but still just what I need right now!

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Flight Plan by Brian Tracy

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

Astonishing the Gods, suggested by Anoushka

…what a wonderful world….

Currently I an reading some literature on Pranic Healing. its an interesting subject about how you can use the energy of the universe and self to cure others and your own self.
I am truly amazing.
recently I read an article in a magazine that the diseases that manifest in our body have a pattern which is closely related to our circumstances and thinking pattern(the article said that if a person had diabetes it was because he/she had been in a helpless situation or felt powerless in a particular situation). Can anyone give some names of books or authors for further reading on this type of subject matter.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:

I have not heard of Pranic Healing, but it sounds a lot like Reiki????? of which I am a firm believer and practitioner of.
Are they a similar thing and if so what are the differences?

A full and thankful heart..

Would that be a long the line of Louise Hay’s books?

I Am the

The books I am reading at the moment is Invisible Wounds by Kay Douglas and Self Assertion For Woman by Pamela Butler

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to laurie’s post:

This definitely reminds me of Louise Hay – she has a little book called Heal Your Body that discusses which mental beliefs cause certain illnesses.

I don’t know anything about Pranic Healing, but I would love to hear the title of the book you are reading, Sonia. It sounds like a book I’d like to read.

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Master Choa Kok Sui, founder of modern Pranic Healing and Arhatic Yoga has worked tirelessly for creating awareness about Pranic Healing.
This type of healing uses the science of energy (prana) and certain esoteric principles to enhance the effects.It realigns body’s blocked energy and aids in recovery.
The basic principle underlying Pranic Healing and Reiki is the same, that is, healing the aura (energy field),surrounding the body. Reiki heals the aura with the help of certain symbols, visualization, chanting of sacred words and laying of hands. Pranic Healing does the same by channelising and harmonizing the prana- the life force energy.Both believe in removing the negative energy(diseased energy) from the body and mind.

Both the methods believe in self- healing capacity of the body.There is no physical contact in pranichealing whereas; it is very much the case with Reiki in the first level.In the practice of advanced level of Reiki, physical touch is not necessary.

Both believe in the presence of astral body projected 4-5’’ from the physical body.This energy field distributes the healing energy to the chakras and they in turn to the glands.Both the methods rectify the imbalances in the body, penetrating the energy field.
In case of Pranic Healing Distance healing is possible.
The very fact that one is offering loving kindness and unconditional intention of good health for others makes it a wonderful practice.
The books are detailed texts on the basic and advanced steps involved in this type of healing. Master Choa Kok Sui is the author of these books.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

This is very interesting! I am going to look up this author, but I highly doubt that they have it in the library here. It will probably require an extensive investigation!!

That sounds like a great book. I’m going to see where I can locate it? Main Library maybe???If not, I’m sure the local big book stores. You all are too interesting-> now..time to go to work(:

I Am the

I’m reading Wayne Dyer’s newest book, “Excuses Begone.” It is very good, very positive and very much-oriented to affirmations. In fact, the book is all about affirmations. Tim

In response to bueny1’s post:
I saw that displayed at the bookstore, and wondered about it, Thanks for letting us know, Tim.

I Am the

Right now I’m reading a joyful witty interesting novel called “The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency” by Alexander McCall Smith. Have you read this? It’s first in a series so I’ve got lots to look forward to. Interesting stories set in Botswana… read more on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/No-Ladies-Detective-Agency-Book/dp/1400034779/ref=pd_sim_b_2

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I’m usually reading several books at once. Right now it’s “Enthusiasm Makes the Difference” by Peale, “Power Talking” by Walther, “Think and Grow Rich” by Hill, and I keep a bible next to my bed and flip through it from time to time. I have a New King James version, but I’m considering getting a New International Version – or something else a little less cryptic.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

OOPS!! There are a ton of great reads that you all have listed. I too have enjoyed the Dale Carnegie books — I actually took a Dale Carnegie course YEARS ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. I still have the books and have read some of them a few times. I haven’t read Tim Ferris’s book “The Four Hour Work-Week” but I have kept up with him and his writings through his blog and have enjoyed some of it — I love his energy!

I just started an accelerated nursing program (BSN-RN in 12 months – I already have a Bachelor’s – it’s not one of those degree-in-the-mail things!) and I haven’t picked up anything but a textbook since May. I was getting bogged down by all of the technical stuff and needed a change of pace so my cousin passed me her copy of “Tom Cruise-An Unauthorized Biography.” I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan, but it is a nice, light change of pace. I have “Who Moved My Cheese?” by Dr. Spencer Johnson (co-author of the One Minute Manager) and will pick that up once I am through with Tom. One of my favorites to read to pass time is “The Two Mrs. Greenvilles” by Dominick Dunne.

Thanks for sharing — there are quite a few that look intriguing.

In response to bueny1’s post:
Hey Tim~ I bought the book “Excuses Be Gone” in June after reading your review. I have to admit that I haven’t picked it up to read it yet, but my sister just dropped off the CD Audio (7 cd set) that goes with it and it is very nice. I love listening to Wayne Dyer as he is very motivational. Because of it, I have actually picked up a project that I have left behind for MONTHS and I’m getting started once again!!

I’m rereading The Energizing Heart
by Nathalie Campeau M.D.

I Am the

In response to Nancy’s post:
I know how you feel – I love reading anything that isn’t a text book for my accounting degree. I’m free at the end of the year and will enjoy reading great novels every night. Good luck with your studies!

I’m enjoying this

Here’s The Table Of Contents and the option to read it (and other great books) free online

I Am the

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
This is great Laurie and very thoughtful of you. Makes it so simple to click on a number of great bits and pieces as we are passing the site.
Thankyou! :O)

A full and thankful heart..

WHEELS OF LIGHT: Chakras, Auras & The Healing Energy Of The Body
by Bruyere, Rosalyn

ISBN: 0671796240
Publisher: SIMON & SCHUSTER

Check it out here
Very interesting stuff. Tie your chakras to almost everything your body has to do to maintain health.

Blessings,
Bruce-

Right now I’m reading Zig Ziglar’s “See You At The Top”. After I finish this, I’m thinking about a biography of Abraham or one of the Founding Fahters.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

‘Readin Lolita in Tehran’ by Azar Nafisi and ‘Deaf Sentence’ by David Lodge.
Have got to concentrate on one only.

…what a wonderful world….

I am reading a few things right now, but the one book I have reread and think it is really where each of us wants to be is: Grow Rich While You Sleep by Ben Sweetland

I think I have this book on my computer with the right to give it away. I have to do some research, but I am pretty sure I do. This would be a great book for the Book Club, because after each chapter he gives you affirmations to use to train your subconcious. Let me check my computer and I will get back with you if you want to add this to your Book Club list.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to rockswealth’s post:

This sounds very awesome. I hope you do have it to share!! You ROCK Rockswealth!! :)

War and Peace. It’s very long but I savor every page. Lot’s of deep insight.

I have actually read another book while in the midst of War and Peace. It was Catching Fire, part two of the Hunger Games trilogy. I am reading it to be sociable with co-workers who lent it to me.

I don’t call that multitasking, which doesn’t really exist. I have to actively refocus my attention on interim tasks all the time, then return to the former, longer term task. I think this is fine as long as it’s my decision.

Regarding The Black Swan, Much of what I reaad in War and Peace reminds me The Black Swan. I think Taleb must have read his Tolstoy.

Siddhartha: read it serveral times.

I’m glad someone brought up this thread. It’s always fun to share what we are reading. (Ain’t we all smart!)

I recently read Influence by Robert Cialdini. It is very eye opening. You will see in society and in yourself how compliance professionals take advantage of all kinds of “tricks” to lead us around by the nose. I took lots of notes so maybe I’ll post some of ‘em for yous guys.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I put Influence in my shopping cart, mcm. I’ve noticed some NLP adherents trying their moves on me, but maybe there’s other moves I haven’t caught yet! :)

I didn’t click “Buy” yet. Lee, if you’re reading this, wasn’t there a time when clicking to Amazon thru bmindful brought your site a small commission? I can’t remember how that worked or if that ever worked here.

I read a book last week that changed my life. Difficult Conversations . Subtitled “How to discuss what matters most”.

If you have a relationship that is stuck on the same conversation over and over, this book will help you see the dynamics of it. If you have a conversational pattern that you’d like to avoid, this book will help you diagnose it.

I hate it when smartypants Harvard faculty are right, but I have to give them credit. The 3 writers instantly made me a better father, husband, and professional. I can more quickly understand the context of a conversation, what’s not being said, and even when or whether to actually have the conversation.

That sounds like a worthwhile read. I also read Bastiat’s The Law. Short, free online and well worth the time. Free Audio Download

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

OMG! I am dealing with the owner of the company I work with!He owns eight companies and is a very busy executive. He has taken me under his wing. This has of course pissed off all the other male mgrs, who tried to stab me and so on…and all because I was able to succeed!! That hurts my feelings!! bUT yET, showing any emotions is a sign of weakness…AND I am never really sure whether they mean to help me or harm me. Ultimately it only boils down to what I produce. And I don’t know yet if he is a false friend, and if he is really a wolf who will ulti9mately eat me!!

I need that book…or whatever insight you all might have :)

Newcomb, Jacky (2010-08-02). I Can See Angels: True Tales of Real Life Angelic Encounters. Hay House. Kindle Edition.

Blessings,
Bruce-

I have just ordered the book

Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

and am looking forwards to reading it so much ,
love flowergirl

I’ve recently read Heart Thoughts by Louise Hay. This book is good because it is filled with tips on how to stay focused on positive thought and it give lots of examples of positive affirmations.

I wanted to try reading a book by one of the original authors on the law of attraction or ‘New Thought’ so I am now about half way through reading Thoughts are Things by Prentice Mulford. Although it was written about 100 years ago (there’s a lot of mention of street cars and carriages) it isn’t too difficult a read and he makes alot of interesting points. It is interesting to read the perspective of one of the orginal western thinkers and authors of this philosophy and to realise these ideas have been around longer in the west than i realised.

I tried reading Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, but just can’t get my mind to focus – maybe it’s too deep at the moment .

After discussing this on another website I’m putting it back on the shelf for a little while and will either try again or pass it on .

I have picked up my SARK books instead – I love her wonderful way of looking at life ,her colourful books ,and the kindness and healing contained in them .

My mind welcomes these books right now as they seem to hold our souls gently on each page .

love flowergirl

I’m reading Your faith is your fortune by Neville Goddard and
A course in materialization vol 1

I RECENTLY HAVE BEEN READING A BOOK THAT I,VE HAD FOR MANY YEARS.WHY IT DIDN,T GET MY ATTENTION YEARS AGO,I WONDER.I ALMOST DISCARDED IT,BUT I,M GLAD I DIDN,T.IT,S A SIMPLE BOOK OF QUOTES,BY WAYNE DYER CALLED (STAYING ON THE PATH)QUITE IMPRESSIVE

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

I am almost finished with “The Hobbit” —— AGAIN!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The Housekeeper and the Professor.

It’s utterly lovely. About a brilliant man whose memory is only 80 minutes long, and his housekeeper. Expresses the beauty of math.

just finished The Divine Matrix and Fractal Time by Gregg Braden… was able to attend a workshop he did here reccently… totally enjoyed…

I am an avid reader – I love anything that has to do with murder mysteries, fantasy – (as long as it is somewhat plausible), and more. Currently I am reading ‘The Bourne Identity’ by Robert Ludlum and I am thoroughly enjoying it! I love the movies as well and thought I would give the book a try. It so far is really good, although it does stray from what I originally saw in the theaters…

Right now I’m reading Walden. Not very far into it yet, but lots of thought provoking stuff here – so relevant to the world we live in, perhaps more today than when it was written.

p.s.
I’m so glad you are helping to revive this forum, mara! I’m going to keep posting for a while and see if can’t help to make this place a thriving community again.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The books I remember reading when I was young that had an impact on me were: The Hobbit, Flowers for Algernon and A Separate Peace. I read all of the CS Lewis series, but not until I was an adult.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

• Like many on the site I like to read more than 1 book at a time. Beyond (whole person) health books for personal & career related…and psych/philosophy types….I love organizing and goal planning books. The ones below are my latest from the latter category

• Here is the table of contents:
    Introduction
    Chapter 1: Seven Truths about You
    Chapter 2: Allow Yourself to Dream
    Chapter 3: Accept the Situation as It Is
    Chapter 4: Clear the Forest of Negatives
    Chapter 5: You See What You Believe
    Chapter 6: Become Unstoppable
    Chapter 7: Release Your Brakes
    Chapter 8: Liberate Your Potential
    Chapter 9: Expect the Best
    Chapter 10: Let Go of the Past
    Chapter 11: Look for the Good
    Chapter 12: Seven Keys to a Positive Personality
    Summary, About the Authors, Seminars, Workshops, Speaking and Coaching

“You are meant to do something wonderful with your life. You are special and have a unique combination of talents, abilities, ideas, insights, and experiences that make you different from anyone who has ever lived. You are designed for success and engineered for greatness” (from book)

•The New Normal
•Your Personal Service Corporation
•Increase Your Earning Potential
•Capitalize on Your Strengths
•Get the Right Job
•The Future Belongs to the Competent
•Double Your Productivity
•Practical Project Management
•Put People First
•Powerful Problem Solving and Decision-Making
•Get Paid More and Promoted Faster
•Perception is Everything
The book explores on of your most important assets, “your earning ability”, which is how you make a living. For some people, their earning aiblity increases each year and for others, it remains flat.

To a large extent, you can control what you should earn. However, it may not happen unless you organize your time and work hard so you can earn the most possible throughout your life.

The author shares proven strategies that will help you maximize your earning potential. You can start implementing his techniques immediately, which should help you to earn more and feel that you are paid what you are worth.

Throughout the book, the author brings in real world examples to illustrate points. The author is a very seasoned professional who speaks from experience.

The book caters to any professional such as an executive in a competitive industry, a person in a job transition, a student entering the workforce, or an unemployed person. To advance in your career, Earn What You’re Really Worth may be worth a read.

• I am very happy with both books so far.
       This is great for someone already in a business they want to excel further in, and/or starting a business of their very own(:

I Am the

I have nearly finished “Kate Hanigan by Catherine Cookson .

Just starting to re read The Body Sacred

It is a beautiful book .

Also one of my favourates“you can heal your life” – Louise Hay

and I’m looking at a book I found in a charity shop
Decorating English country Style

It is a lovely book based on The Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady book with pictures and words included

I’ve recently finished reading the first Redwall by Brian Jaques and I can happily say that it is one of the greatest books I have ever read. For anyone who is unaware of it, it’s the tale of the adolesence of a young woodmouse named Matthias who must defend his abbey home of Redwall against the merciless rat Cluny the Scourge and discover his spiritual heritage connected to a legendary hero. I’d love to read the whole Redwall series, there’s about 20 books within it. I’ve also recently got a copy of The Neverending Story online (I loved the film!). I can’t wait for it to arrive :) Hopefully I’ll also get to fly with Falcor the Luckdragon.

Heaven and Earth – Making the Psychic connection and The Celestine Prophecy Experential Guide. Both paperbacks. I tend to “read” on the PC, jumping from book to book, spending no more than 10 minutes on one before going to another. The two paperbacks, though, I keep in the kitchen to read for a few minutes after dinner, taking them nice and slow :)

I just finished reading “The Thinking Life” by P.M. Forni. It’s about taking time to be thoughtful in a time when people value action without thought. I recommend it.

I recieved this book yesterday and have actually read it all this morning (145 pages)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Spacious-Self-Clutter-Discover/dp/0595418686

it is a brilliant book especially for anyone who is stuck with stuff around the house ,stuff in your mind . It explains why I have piles of stuff ,why I feel like walking through wet cement and how to gently feel and release the thoughts ,feelings that are like a barrier to clearing the stuff .

love flowergirl

Here is a link to the authors website ,there is a 4 minuite video near the bottom which is lovely

Your Spacious Self

I have just started a wonderful book called “The Way Of The Happy Woman “ by Sara Avant Stover

www.TheWayoftheHappyWoman.com

love flowergirl

www.TheWayoftheHappyWoman.com

love flowergirl

Today I am restarting this book as I read a few pages and then put it down in a washing basket ( I don’t know why!!!!) .I found it last night and it is perfect for where I’m at and the road I’m choosing .

love flowergirl

Hi FG I am reading “Proof Of Heaven” by Dr. Eben Alexander he is a neurologist or neurosurgeon. It has helped me because of his “near death experience” I have a hard time with some religious people but their experiences are important to me.

Dr. Alexander

Hi Godschild ,that is a beautiful video .I remember my Mum a few hours before she died whispering to me “ I have seen …………. and it is beautiful ,I will tell you about it later “,although she never got to tell me I know Mum was at peace and wherever she was going it is a special place .

love flowergirl

I am a big time fan/followers of Barbara Marciniak’s Pleadians…and am starting to re-read (again! :) her first channeled book entitled “Bringers of the Dawn” … I usually read small portions of one of the Seth books everyday, also, trusting that whatever random page numbers come to my head…it will be what I need to read. Usually it works! :)
I appreciate the ideas for different books on this thread. Thank you!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content