login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ARE YOU A NAPPER?

I heard on the news today a statistic about various groups saying they do nap (if given the opportunity).

Are you a napper? (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

No time for napping. I wake up and I’m up, all day, until I go back to bed at night. Even if I am really tired I find it so hard to sleep in the day and if I do, I wake up feeling terrible after only 1 hr sleep. I’ve always been a great sleeper though, feel sorry for those with sleeping problems. I remember the torture of sleep deprevation when the kids were babies. I love sleep!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:
I too sleep very well at night, I am happy to say. Though my sleep schedule is a bit off with my schedule. So, on my days off, I love a nap! I take anywhere from 20 minutes to a bit over an 1 hr. It’s a very sound sleep and doesn’t get in the way of my bedtime sleep. I’m always amazed when I wake up how unbelievably refreshed I am, and ready to begin my routine even better(:

Hint for anyone who needs a little help w/ better sleep besides routine exercising, eating well, absence of sugar and caffeine and keeping stress down-> eat brown rice, oatmeal or baked potato at least 3 hours after your last meal without any other foods with it (serotonin booster). Great dreams too.

And Vivi, I love sleep too->and on that note, good night to all(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I definitly am. During working days it is not possible, but on weekends or holidays, I love a nap, just to doze off for a short dream (10 minutes) and then am all fresh.

I am now practicing meditation, when I do it in the evenings after work, I keep falling into my nap mode. Annoying thing though is that I am sitting, so my head keeps falling for and back. Any proposals here? Lying down meditation is not an option, since I will fall asleep right away.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:
I’m with you on that one. I love to ‘power nap’ when I have the opportunity. It really energises me. Unfortunately I cant do this at work – but if I had a onger lunch break I would nap for 15/20 mins (I only get half and hour for lunch). That short nap would give me th burst of energy I need to pwer me through the afternoon.

With regards to your nooding off during mediation – again, I am with you – I often become almost trance like – particularly if I am practicing Reiki on myself. It also happens if I do any subliminal cd’s – which are supposed to send you into a trance-like state…unfortuantely I fall asleep! So sorry, I can identify but havent got any solutions to the dilemma!

;o)

A full and thankful heart..

I love the nap, it’s an art :)

Sometimes I sleep for several hours during the day.

I don’t sleep particularly well at night, I keep waking up.

Focus

My husband and I always take a nap about 2:00pm in the afternoon. During the school year, that is just what we need before we pick up our three kids from school. During the summer months, it is what we need in order to have patience for the same children!! It is the perfect pick-me-up before we enter the hectic evening with cooking, playing, etc..

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I am a napper sometimes, I always seem to want to have a nap around 2.30 – 3pm for some reason, my cousin is the same too, my eyes always seem to get druppy around that time, 10 mins is all I need and then Im back into fill swing again. Its kinda weird.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content