login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★CHOOSE HAPPINESS

I am sharing a message I read recently by Maria Shriver.
My desire is that you enjoy it as much as I have.

“Maria’s Message”

I was shooting a story this week for the Today Show (it airs Monday) on the pursuit of happiness. I interviewed two young guys who set out across the country to talk to the happiest people in the United States. And what they found was pretty simple: They found people who believed in gratitude, who relied on community and who consciously decided to choose happiness.

Choose happiness…

Direct yourself — your mind — towards that goal. I like that because it means that happiness — positive well-being — is actually within our reach. It’s in our power.

That’s huge. Because that means every day we can get up and decide to look at the gloom and the doom or we can redirect our thoughts, shift our outlook, and look towards the good.

As one expert I interviewed (she airs Wednesday) said, “It’s like going to gym. You have to work for it.” Just like you can decide to pursue a healthy body, most of us can chose to pursue healthy thoughts.

On this holiday weekend when we celebrate our independence as a nation, I think celebrating the fact that we have the freedom to chose happiness is also a cause for celebration.

Now, I know millions struggle with depression. Other face sickness that can surely rob us of joy. Every day people confront grief and loss, but what these guys and others found is that very often people who go through really hard times, who face what seem like insurmountable issues, come out the other side and experience joy, and yes, happiness.

They choose it.

A friend of mine said to me not too long ago: “Look, everyone is fighting for happiness and you really do have to fight for it.”

Sure, some lucky people are just born happy. God bless them, but most of us have to fight for it. Most of us have to fight through stuff, and the good news is that most of us can get there if we decide it’s a priority worth fighting for.

Our forefathers and mothers fought for freedom in all areas of their lives and they believed that the pursuit of happiness was worth fighting for as well. I know that being grateful, being part of a community, giving back as much as you can, it all helps push us in the right direction.

But knowing that everyday I get to make my own happiness choice is a gift.

On this holiday, which I’m blessed to be spending with family and friends, I will choose happiness and will be, as always, so grateful to live in the greatest country on Earth.

Thank you to all those who fought to make this land what it is and all that continue to do so. God bless America. Land of the free home of the brave. #PassItForward

With love,
Maria

For more information and inspiration that will ignite your life, go to MariaShriver.com. To ignite the world, join us at
AWomansNation.org.community

We are the pre-eminent gathering of Architects of Change. We share expert insight to help navigate our ever-changing lives. Join us & get M-Powered.

Ignite Your Life. Ignite The World.

A Product of Shriver Media © 2015

MariaShriver.com 11601 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1840 Los Angeles, California 90025 US

•  
  • I particularly enjoy the article you’ve chosen!(smile) It makes some great points…like this one: knowing that everyday I get to make my own happiness choice is a gift

Thank you Nancee for the positive reinforcement… that most  all of us need reminding of…on some occasion(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am so glad you enjoyed it!

highlighting- CHOOSE HAPPINESS

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWzYxW8Nn478FFi3iMEoPKq4ZkWH9wpUVBru5O9XcjLn-4jc8ClHk8Dw

Choose happiness... I wouldn't have it any other way(:flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Happiness is a wonderful choice, it is as if we allow our true nature to come out from with in and have a voice and it shouts “Hip Hip Hooray let us celebrate the gift of the day”!!

“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” Jim Rohn

“Happiness blooms
in the presence of self-respect and the absence of ego. Love yourself. Love everyone around you. Love everyone in the whole world.
Know that your own life is of infinite importance,
as is every other life.”
Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Happy

“All seasons are beautiful
for the person who carries happiness within.” Horace Friess

“Happiness is the experience of loving life. Being happy is being in love with that momentary experience. And love is looking at someone or even something and seeing the absolute best in him/her or it. Love is happiness with what you see. So love and happiness really are the same thing…just expressed differently.” Robert McPhillips

“Being of service to others is what brings true happiness.” Marie Osmond

“The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn

“True happiness…arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self.” Joseph Addison

“Happiness always sneaks in a door you did not think was open “
Anonymous

“I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy.”
-Richard Bach

“If you smile while no one is around you really mean it.”
Unknown

“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.” Buddha

“All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness
within.” Horace Friess

I choose happiness(:

I Am living a Divine plan

LOL me too!!!

“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” Dalai Lama

We can create our own good chemicals!:

beautiful child:

Happiness:

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Positive thoughts:

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

I am in control of my happiness.

The secret to happiness is mine

Need+more+more+happiness+post+one+gif+_9f3fa7_5258789.gif

I am the source of my own happiness

Image result for HAPPINESS GIF

Every atom of my being is resonating with joy and happiness now.

Image result for HAPPINESS GIF

You know exactly what to say and do, to get exactly what you want on the deepest levels. Your divine peace, divine happiness, divine wisdom and divine creativity, flow smoothly and naturally, into your life, with increasing abundance.

I Am Happy Subliminal Affirmations Playlist 

is?JKnBUS59GHDJu0QKvwOQrZjy1QDzpQnLVHipasKrDTg&height=220

Joy can never be caught or achieved: Joy IS. Here's why: http://lonerwolf.com/types-of-rituals/:

Image result for we deem those happy + jung

tumblr_lxa6yxV3g71r7fx4jo1_500_large.jpg

Choose-in-Favor-of.jpg

Sometimes the endoshift when you think you're spirally secures the CONVERGE for awesome ENDORPHIN ACQUISITION:

"Being Happy Never goes Out of Style." - Lilly Pulitzer A Paper Luxe original art print! We love this quote by iconic designer Lilly Pulitzer. Printed on high-quality archival paper. 8.5x11" size. Can

b0413cbd762f9b2f01969906a9a1ced3.jpg

Sparkle, Shimmer and Shine being Happy is truly Divine....

692175119_258333.gif?4

075f33c73b8fb2fabb8e0ab4750e4903.jpg

Dude:

FELIZ-COM-A-VIDA_planejar-felicidade.jpg

1012533_10203214128340626_321459263_n.jpg

Image result for happiness quotes with drawings

526b424d4a20ec1f990bbb6216a68e68.jpg

84b1d48b4f2f96c46f86d82815287f2f.jpg

d872096887751444a44843b807c07c1b.jpg

tumblr_nmau0c1gLf1u17yx1o1_400.gif

poster-choose-happiness-daily-watercolor.jpg

Choose-Happiness.jpg

CHOOSE HAPPINESS

CHOOSE HAPPINESS

be1be36f872ebdc12026b9c24171855f--graphic-design-posters-carpe-diem.jpg

TODAY IS A VERY JOYOUS DAY! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Absolutely beautiful!!! Today is my day magnificent in every joyful waylaughing

Image result for happiness quotes artwork

Image result for choose happiness quotes

Related image

Image result for choose happiness quotes with art

Related image

Image result for set your spirit free be happy quotes

Image result for set your spirit free be happy quotes

Time_To_Sparkle_Tuesday_Party.jpgChoose+Happiness+2+-+Copy.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM3GJcwLbsTD7dMbOKu4pZsq_2AsMivhD3FOlwq_kIJLNWL0-wwA

ba4677efff0a7d14a3450ae3418b0163.jpg

Fotolia_74531651_M-e1453144624171.jpg

0a040747cbbaf60dae5dd0e5554902ce--being-positive-motivation-inspiration.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Related image

Image result for frequency and reality abraham hicks

Image result for happy abraham hicks with artwork

Image result for happiness lives quotes gif

Related image

Image result for happiness quotes gif

Related image

Image result for happiness looks great on you gif

Image result for happiness looks great on you gif

Image result for happiness  is enjoying life quotes gif

Related image

Image result for inspirational choose happiness quotes

Image result for inspirational choose happiness gif

Related image

Related image

4b876208a1d3cf3b6bcab1f70f20f8bf--self-esteem-quotes-body-image-self-love-quotes-woman-body-images.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image result for choose happiness quotes gif

Image result for gratitude tumblr gif

smile-quotes-35.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

tumblr_lrspb2z8891qg25blo1_500.gif

Image result for everyday joy gif  tumblr gif

See the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

inspiring-self-love-quotes-love-yourself-quotes-and-sayings-To-fall-in-love-with-yourself-is-the-first-secret-to-happiness-Robert-Morley.jpg

Image result for  happiness gif

Image result for choose happy gif

Wanted to share this video with you guys. It is about the causes of depression and might be useful for some.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

thanks for sharing this SRWE ,very helpful and informative .I love this programe  and have seen this author on Ted talks 

going to look out for his book as it may help myself and may daughter 

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post: hello, welcome back!

In response to flowergirl's post

sounds like an interesting video. 2  saying check it out... 

bookmarking46fdfe1db7a6965ac41dee2308681ae1.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The way to happiness is: keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, give much. Fill your life with love. Do as you would be done by ~ Guatama Buddha

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Fly me to the moon's post:

wonderful intention of the heart -for each day! 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“Why do I always know in advance today is going to work out so well in the best of ways?”

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

"Don't try to force anything. Let life be a deep let-go. God opens millions of flowers everyday without forcing their buds" ~ Rajneesh

See the source image

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image result for beautiful happy quotes gif

In response to Nancee1953's post:

Beautiful thread Nancee!! I enjoyed reading all of the posts! 

Thank you!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I-nurture-good-feelings-I-nurture-good-thoughts-positive-affirmation.jpg

Choosehappy Sticker by Teach Create Motivate for iOS & Android | GIPHY

louise-hay-quotes-act-already-happiness.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024&ssl=1

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

ef994ab76b29ea428fbdc9f20019c380--i-am-affirmations-belle.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/abraham_lincoln_100845

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

49bf3d42037fe18aa53781df365c28a3.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Poppy's post:

love this!Thank you Poppy

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for today's (one of them...anyway... today's affirmation:

Everyday I remember that I am whole and complete and I radiate unconditional love to the whole world around me.

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

In response to Nancee1953's post:

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

Well done!

posted earlier, but bears repeating- 

Most folks are as
happy as they make
up their minds to
be.
Abraham Lincoln

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy's post:

so much truth in this!

thank you for reposting !

Yes, it did/ does bear reposting ☀️

Today is a great day to choose Happiness 

Image result for animated beautiful waterfalls gifs

I-feel-deeply-happy-positive-affirmation.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

happiness.jpg

Love this thread

awesome all the time!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content