login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Binaural Beats'

Has anyone had experience with binaural beats? I have some questions because the concept is intriguing.

I’ve done some research and read that they have a great effect on the brain. Would there be any possible dangers/risks associated with using binaural beats?

Also, would binaural beats mixed with affirmations be more effective than regular music mixed with affirmations?

I haven’t done any research into it, but my gut tells me that they might enhance the effectiveness of affirmations by helping to induce a relaxed or hypnotic state. It’s just a hunch though. Don’t know if I’d do it when operating a car or anything like that. That’s the only danger that crosses my mind. Wood-chippers and deep relaxation seems like a dangerous combination.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The concept of it kind of seems complicated. So you’re supposed to listen to it at different frequencies depending on what effect you want them to have?

Example: If you want to reduce study time (retain information faster), you would listen to it at a different frequency than if you wanted to reduce anxiety?

I’m going to do more research on this, it’s an interesting topic.

I used to have a demo tape with these types of sound frequencies on them. It was years ago and I don’t know what happened to the tape. The demo was to get you to buy some of their other tapes and the different tapes were targeted at different things. In other words they had a specific tape to help bring about a specific result. I don’t know how effective they actually were, but it was interesting. I can tell you that you could literally feel your brain resonating to the frequencies. It, for lack of a better description, “tickled” your brain. I’m not kidding, I could actually feel it. There may be something to it. I suspect there is a relationship to what the Tibetan monks do with the bells or the Hindu chants.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Sounds interesting.

What store did you get it from? I’m having trouble finding free downloads on the Internet.

I can’t believe that I remembered this after 20 years! I got a free sample tape in the mail. Brainspeak I guess since they have been in business over 20 years that there must be something to it. I know for certain that this was the site because I remember Dr. John-David. That name stuck in my head.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Early on in the development of MindJamz we consulted a Dr. to discuss the clinical benefits of concept(s)

In the begining we wanted to use Binaural Beats with our online affiramtion application. As it turns out, it’s not a ‘game changer’ and really depends on personal preferance.

I for one don’t use them.

In clinical studies, Binaural Beats can be used to reduce/release stress, used with meditation and subliminal methods.

From what we have learned, affirmations work best when made personal to the individual, so using the music you like with your own affirmations is very powerful. And our case studies showed rapid benefits to our users. We all would agree that music has emotional affects on our moods and to tap this emotional resouce and include affirmations with it is awesome.

The addition of Binaural Beats…not neccessary, but would’nt hurt or hinder your development if you like them.

Hi harry’Urban yogi here in Australia’

Heres a website that you can get as many binaurals as you like” and try them out
http://iso-tones.com/tones.html

These are called isochronic tones and some say are more powerful” Alternatively you could buy yourself a mind machine. I have two of them’

http://www.mindmachines.com/LightSoundRelaxationSuperstore/Mind-Machines/

I have been using brainwave technology for quite a while” with meditation and affirmation work

a 3rd alternative is to download binaural programs and make them yourself as I do’sometimes.

http://www.thesharm.com/sharm_info.html

good luck urban”

I forgot to mention Neuro programmer 3. You can download the demo and try it out. Its supposed to be the most advanced binaural software programme” cheers”

http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/

urban yogi

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

Wow! Thanks for those links, Urban Yogi… I think I’ll probably investigate this a little.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hi Meditating mumma
Im glad you could find this useful:
I have the luma 10 and the inner pulse mind machines’
just awsome” especially with the glasses you get with them”
My favourite settings on them are kundalini and
Earth grounding shuman resonance’Astral projection is great too”
The inner pulse has room for extra libraries that you you can download from the phonix website” you can also download the manual to see what else is on it”

http://www.photosonix.com/innerpulse.htm

namaste’
George
Urban Yogi’

Rama Dass

I have read a bit about them, but not enough to claim expertise. I have heard that they alter states of consciousness to make you more receptive to affirmations, astral projection, and so on. They enhance your creativity and productivity; but I have also heard that they have no effect on some people. I have not read of any negative effects of binaural beats.

Good point’

I know that its a bit of courses for horses or the other way around lol’
Brain Entrainment as its known has been around for quite a while and the accepted view is that to Entrain you need to listen to one that appeals to you for at least 21 days for the synapse or Neural pathway to get stronger

Look at it a bit like a prescription. We mainly use beta (wide awake) and delta (asleep and dream) a lot more than alpha and theta’ which meditators are more like likely to experience or go into”

My friend used a binaural beat for depression and threw out his medication after one week. Not that Im suggesting to do that but he really was looking to get off that cycle. ‘Binaurals do break cycles’

the alpha binaural beats are great for studying/problem solving and visualisation’ Its like getting a leg up when your need it’
Better than stimulants is to use the brains natural chemicals”
Try out a few at
http://iso-tones.com/tones.html
and see what you think”

cheers
Urban Yogi’

Rama Dass

The “behavior change” beat looks like it would be a great complement to affirmations. I’ll check it out.

This is the description for it: This 20-minute long tone uses frequencies to aid you with behavior change. This tone is useful in aiding a behavior change such as eating less or breaking an addiction.

thanks for that harry”
Isochronic tones are supposed to be more powerful

urban

Rama Dass

Hi,

Binaural beats are in theory a way of designating a mental state – relaxation, meditation, sleep etc. They work because the brain produces a wave which is the difference between the two frequencies heard by the two ears; if one ear is presented with 20hz and the other 27 Hz then the brain produces a wave of the difference – 7Hz.

I have been researching and using binaural beats for nearly a decade, and have written a review of research into binaural beats as well. There have been limited studies into how effective they are when used for relaxation, and some studies prove that they work and some don’t. What was interesting was that the studies that say binaural beats don’t work were just pilots, using four test subjects, and were flawed in many ways.

The use of binaural beats varies widely, they can have multiple layerings or just one, they can be produced at different pitches, they can be masked or heard, used with music or guided meditation/relaxation. Many of the so called studies into this phenomenon do not specify exactly what subjects are listening to.

I believe that combined with guided relaxation or hypnosis, and gentle music, that binaural beats help relax the listener and can make the hypnosis more effective. I also find that many of those who listen to my downloads and CDs fall asleep while listening – so I believe they are great for stress and insomnia.

You can download recordings for relaxation, confidence and depression on my site; they were all designed for helping people suffering addictions and we give them away to rehab centres and drop-in centres in the UK. Try them out!

http://www.ambient-arts.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=35&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Yes I have. I use them alot. I start at the end of the summer. They help out with depression, focus and more. I use them with my affirmations, I’ve been doing this for the past two weeks and have notice some changes in my behavior. I think its the combo of the binaural beats and affirmations. because before I didn’t do the things I set out to do. I think everyone on the site should give them a try. There really not all that scary, I guess they can give you crazy dreams but just don’t fall asleep with the beats on. All you have to do you get a recording of your affirmations and listen to them with the beats going on in the background. I do this when I’m reading a book. The beats help stay focus and the affirmations, well I would like to think they are being driven into my subconscious. good luck!!!!

I used binaural beats for quite a long time. I did not not notice any side effects, but slowly over time I did see a change in my ability to remain calm during personal crisis of others and myself. I have switched over to isochronic tones and I use them nightly mainly to fall asleep quickly. I almost never hear the end of the tape. Both binaural beats and isochronic tones are forms of brainwave entrainment.

Isochronic tones are the most powerful type of brainwave entrainment. If you are looking for the most effective type of brainwave entrainment, Isochronic tones are the way to go.

Binaural beats have become the most widely known and used form of aural brainwave entrainment. They are very effective in helping you to achieve altered states of consciousness but not as effective as monaural beats or isochronic tones. The binaural beats are to be listened to while sitting quietly with a pair of headphones.

How Binaural Beats Work

Binaural Beats work by broadcasting two separate frequencies in each ear. For example, if you wanted to tune your brain to a 7 Hz frequency, you could play 200 Hz in your right ear, and 207 Hz in your left ear. The brain will compensate for the difference between the two and produce a third tone that will be exactly 7 Hz. This will result in your brain frequency being raised or lowered, and tuned to the desired operating stage. Headphones are mandatory with Binaurals. Notice the narrow sound wave and it’s lack of uniform. Certainly a good technology, but it has room for improvement.

Brainwave frequencies:
Delta- You should be lying down comfortable and you may go all the way down to sleep
Theta- You are dreamy not able to physically function without flaws
Alpha- Very comfortable but conscious and aware
Beta- Awake alert and active

From The Unexplainable Store

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I am thankful to you for sharing this awesome post with this helpful knowledge.It is a very useful post about the Binaural music.Binaural Beats is saved for health.It helps to think of your brain like the internet —all of the world, people (similar to your neurons) communicate with each other at nearly instantaneous speeds.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hello guys

Its my personal experience that without getting too technical, binaural beats are the beats that your brain makes up when it is presented with two different tones in each ear.

In response to 528universe's post:

....welcome again 528universe!

just waking here... and woke to the particular audio you just posted. Without detail at this moment...I will say... the experience was a bit of answered prayer for my 'now'.

I have listened to binaural beats - due to initially from a few others who engage regularly in listening... and grabbing some off youtube and enjoyed.

This was incredibly different-because...it truly was I needed in the moment.

thank you.

I will take time and listen to others you've share on your channel.

I hope you continue to post ones you love on this site. 

Thank you again! selfcare {aka AlwaysWonderfulPossibilities}

• ~

• In response to 528universe's post:

first one was very relaxing...

I'm currently vacationing.... and this added   to it(:

Wow! I think its awesome that you created these!thank-you-0736-stick-man-dance.gif

looking forward to now listening to new one-to start this brand new day!

feeling very thankful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you for your kind words...I didn't know if it was OK to post these here.

...as long as you are simply sharing what you love....and not hear to sell things...

your contributions are as welcome as you are...

& you are very welcome here..laughing

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

would love a thread of your favorite binaural beats if you would enjoy that too!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

No, I don't sell anything...I started making these because a friend asked me if I could make one for him after he had lots of success resolving neural issues with binaural/healing tones. It makes me feel good to make others feel better. 

In response to TomChavez's post: In a nutshell, yes...The frequencies are usually within 40 hz of each other (depending upon desired effects). Headphones are pretty much a requirement where isochronic tones do not.

In response to SelfCare/AppreciationView˚'s post: I'd like that very much...

An updated explanation...

A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference between them, are presented to a listener (one through each ear). For example, if a pure tone is listened to in the right ear, while a pure tone is presented to the listener's left ear, they will perceive the auditory illusion of a third tone, in addition to the two pure-tones presented to each ear. The third sound is called a binaural beat.

I think we can agree that everyone has different physical, neurological, emotional, etc reactions to the meditation music and specifically to the binaural beats we listen to...Me personally, I like what the Theta waves do but get nauseous from Beta waves. I'd appreciate getting some feedback to some of the binaural beats I've created. I don't make them to plug a commercial site (I don't have a website period) but started doing them to help a friend who had serious neurological issues and that are helped daily by use of meditation music/sounds. I hope my sounds/videos can help you too...

I am loving the videos... you are posting, and heard feedback from some others -that this type of thing and ones you are posting are very helpful.

The 2 I commented on truly assisted me/and will continue to listen to as favorites.

I am trying to distinguish what it is I'm liking so much-so I can be more selective when I am choosing.

I enjoy calming -and the ones you called problem solving- really 'opened my energy'  & stimulate in a productive progressive manner... breaking through some 'blockages'...

I have liked others before (created by others)...

though ... feeling something that I need (at this time) from some of yours

Will continue to listen...  I didn't want to interrupt your list... or I would've shared more.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~

enjoying reducing negativity & allowing better memory!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement & support...plenty more to come

An oldie but a goodie...

very helpful! {pain relief}

Just got home from work and felt a bit of discomfort  after long day....

and this was a great natural healer !!! Another keeper!

thank you!

• ~

new day

another keeper.{memory, motivation & minimizing negativity}

Looking forward to listening to this as background music during some written tasks...

currently listening after work... and finding it ...perfect

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Very happy it worked for you and appreciate the feedback!

great 1 to start the day!

thank you...

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If you find yourself enjoying 528Universe videos, please (or PLEASE!) subscribe to my YouTube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmdECTnDb1cMao-9QN1flhA

I'm only a few subscribers away from the channel getting its own URL from YouTube which will make it easier to find for everyone!

Thanks!

Tony

Had to re-make the video, technical issues...

did a lot of things this eve... and glad. Though... needed to take it down a notch to get ready to wind down for the evening.... RETURNING TO ONENESS was helpful.

Thank you!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

glad to see you are still posting these.

much wonderful catching up to do!

thank you 528!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

New Video!!!

Thanks again for allowing me to post them!

Tony (528Universe)

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

Hello 528, 

gotten behind on your videos.

Have some time off coming- & truly have my eye on some to listen to.

Thanks again for your contributions here!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

If you find yourself enjoying 528Universe videos, please (or PLEASE!) subscribe to my YouTube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/528universe

I'd like to get to 500 subscribers by the end of the year so if you could share, forward or otherwise help it would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep providing them if you keep watching! cool

Thanks!

Tony

This is our most viewed video...

New Video!!!

thank you for continuing to share 528!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hellooo again 528! It's quite early morning here... Though wanted to share a bit of a review for your videos again... 

Even earlier this morning...I was awake because my hubby woke with a great deal of pain. He controls his pain with his mind... and occasional over the counter ibuprofen. I was in a deep sleep when he spoke of hurting... and I had no immediate way to assist except for him to try listening to your binaural arrangements. After going to Bmindful...grabbing one entitled pain relief... I was then awake myself and little headache too.

I ended up listening also... and not only did my headache dissipate, I landed in the most beautiful relaxing deep sleep of my own. I woke again later, and heard my hubby up... and asked if the video helped -he replied YES... (and his pain can get pretty up there). 

Relieved... I then asked if I could get my phone back ...thinking he had just laid it down next to him. Little did I know... he had his headphones... listened to that video more and others for healing like cell regeneration... He is still listening.... I will ask when we get up... what he ended up listening to all morning(: Though thought I'd get up... to thank you... We have another tool in our home to assist.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am very happy that relief can come via my videos...Thats what I strive for! Its comments like yours that keep me working to find new solutions. Thank you again for your kind words!

Tony (528Universe)

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

If you find yourself enjoying 528Universe videos, PLEASE subscribe to my YouTube channel...

I'd like to get to 500 subscribers by the end of the year so if you could share, forward or otherwise help it would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep posting them on here if you keep watching!cool

Thanks!

Tony

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

Awesome! thank you!

love:

Repair Body, Restorative Sleep - Binaural Delta 285 Hz (131)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

If you find yourself enjoying 528Universe videos, PLEASE subscribe to my YouTube channel...

I'd like to get to 500 subscribers by the end of the year so if you could share, forward or otherwise help it would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep posting them on here if you keep watching!cool

Thanks!

Tony

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

New Video!!!

How is everyone?

Just checking to see if there are any requests for specific healing frequencies that have worked for you...

Tony (528Universe)

Hi 528!

Great to see you still posting!

A couple of questions, would you like to start a page 2 and link to this one so it would be easier to pull up on PC and phone. Loving how beautifully full this thread is, though page 2 may be helpful

And secondly, is there a video you'd suggest for focus as background to block out distractions -maybe for studying or focusing on details for a project (clarity, blocking out distraction and memory) ?

thank you so much for how you've contributed to Bmindful!

Hope you are well and many wonderful things are happening for you!

blessings, selfcare

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes a 2nd page would be great...I don't plan on stopping making these vids anytime soon. :)

As for your other question...This one is kinda overlooked but I like how it turned out.

https://youtu.be/nYCDANK9CnA

Tony (528Universe)

New Video!!!

Fibromyalgia and Joint Pain Relief - Binaural - 600 Hz 650 Hz

In response to 528Universe's post:

I love this one!!! 

I use it anytime I need to have focus and momentum.

Last night I didn't get 'enough' sleep, I needed to get up early to go to work this morning,,, and be involved in a project which required physical and creative energy. 

My eyes were 'glued' together when it was 'time' to get up,

I listened to this whole video while allowing myself to wake up naturally.

I was very ready to get out of bed when I the video completed, and I was mentally energized for the projects and day ahead!

Great job, thank you, Tony!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks again for the kind words...its always a confidence booster when someone appreciates your efforts!

Tony (528Universe)

New Video!!!

Normalize Immune System Function - Binaural Delta 835 Hz

So cool that I found you guys!  We are considering adding binaural beats to our positive affirmations app.  Still researching.  It's encouraging to hear how people are finding pain relief using these!

Check out this white noise (rain) with 432Hz binaural beats - I love it! For sleep and relaxation, this is a must to listen! Take a look.

432 Hz Schumman's frequency with white noise rain in the background. 

White Noise Binaural beats Rain

Hi friends. How are you . I hope you all will be fine. I like this forum so much. It shares alot of information

Welcome james11,
So glad you are enjoying Bmindful!
It’s wonderful that you have joined us.

Hope you add to the fun too some time

& share what you love

on threads or affirmations!

If you need any assistance,

just ask (: We are here to assist ☀️

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

In response to james11's post:

Hi James,

I just found your post.

Glad that you found Bmindful! 

Hope that you found something of value.

Welcome to Bmindful!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content