login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Vision Boards

Has anyone ever used a vision board?

Have you had any success with them? How do you use them? How often do you use them and are they worthwhile?

I use the following (favorite) site to make bold signs on my bulletin board. I also use the cards (that you can make on this site) to learn new info—or simple reminders.

flashcards

I found a vision boards and law of attraction etc

the article by him was deleted so I posted the above..

For an artsy craftsy vision board with a money theme found this

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I use the wallpaper on my computer (at home and work) as a vision board because I would face the computer most of the time. So most of the things I focus upon are always there…

Can you please verify this link? I keep getting the following message:

Page Not Found

The page you were looking for was not found on this server. You could have typed in the address incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist.

I’m very interested in what you are referring to.

Thanks!
-M

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Haven’t made a vision board before, but I do write down my goals and review them a bit – when I have time :)

Focus

vision boards interst me from the perspective of ‘what else in your house/office is a vision board but you don’t know it’? kinda way. Like a photo of a passed lover who may now be hindering your current relationship in some way. Or even a messy shelf that causes your mind to be confused about other aspects of your life. I like to take all these things into account when setting up my room for the children at work which makes for some interesting props and play areas catering for many different needs

That’s a good point Mel. Everything around us that we see on a regular basis acts in some way or another as a vision board & we don’t always consciously realise it!

Gets back to a few other posts on this forum about being careful who we associate with too!

Personally, I like the vision board concept & agree with lin, that if you spend enough time in front of your computer (as most of us do these days), the your desktop wallpaper makes a great vision board.

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

Meditating Mama,

I believe you were referring to the link I shared. I cut and pasted it again. It should come up.
Let me know.
If it doesn’t work, I’ll give you the info so you can google it(:

this is 1 of 2 flashcards great finds I had from above posted again

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

mufc, unfortunately the children and parents are one aspect of the environment I cannot control lol

I found a another flashcard maker that is better than last one I posted

It’s great for a vision board or just for making affirmations handy to carry around.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks for posting the above link. It is going to be very helpful. Man! I don’t have hardly any magazines! Better head to the thrift store.
Thanks Laurie

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Well, I still haven’t made my vision board. I haven’t even picked up any magazines yet! I had an Idea I wanted to share though, ‘cause I have been thinking about it.

Magazines are kinda expensive, and I’m kind of a particular kind o’ fella. I’m having a hard time thinking of what I want to put on my vision board. I keep putting off the work involved in deciding what I really want. However, I do have a good idea. I can use the net to download images of the stuff I decide on, save them to an sd chip and print the pics at Wal Mart or something. (Although I am NOT a fan of Wal Mart for many reasons!)
That way I don’t have to search for the right kinds of magazines, I can download very exact images of what I want, and print them inexpensively! I can get tons of pics from google and various sites that suit my particular interests.

Just thought I’d share the idea!

And what do you guys think about putting special quotes on a board?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

I don’t have many magazines either, so getting images online is a great idea.

I reckon quotes are a good idea too :)

A good place to get images is Stock Exchange or maybe even Getty

Focus

I started a vision board last summer. I have filled a 2’×3’ foam core board with pictures, quotes, names, a lottery ticket, beautiful landscapes (for me to visit), fabulous gardens (I want), etc… I find that it helps me to focus when I wander. I change it as time goes by. I have an area where I move things to the accomplished and thank you very much zone. I have really enjoyed the process, as it gets you to think what’s important? what do I really want to have, to achieve etc…

In response to jancydat’s post:
Thanks so much for sharing what you put on your vision board and the importance of a gratitude area and what you want to achieve. That probably assists greatly in that tedious balance of loving what you have and still moving forward for what you want to achieve.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh yeah, places to visit! Now that’s something I can work with! Also I like the idea of a gratitude section. Thanks.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to jancydat’s post:

What an awesome idea. I have my visions in a binder, but I have several sheets of that foam board stuff laying around from a school project. I found some awesome stuff on the internet that I could put on it also. I could put a nice border around the board and turn it a little artsy so I could hang it in my office where I spend most of my hours.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Well, I’ve had my vision board up for about a week now, but I still have hardly anything on it; just a couple of quotes so far. I have a very difficult time deciding on the images I want to use, being a little picky I guess. Anyway, I finally came up with something else to add and I thought I’d share this idea with you. I printed out a sheet of paper and all I did was type these few words in great big letters.

Always Options Methods

I tried to work out an affirmation, but haven’t yet. All I did was underline Always and listed options and methods under it, because we always have those things available to us to help us along.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Like you, my visuals are lots of places. I have foam boards, binders,eraseable boards, refrigerator magnet areas, etc. I even arrange and reaarange my books in different ways to present my latest focus. That’s is a fun thing to do.

Another fun thing is a trifold board I use with non permament tape. I make little flashcard type tasks, goals, ideas and then out of a box of cut-outs (from days when I have time to play->from magazines)I dress up my boards, and regularly move things around to my needs, moods and desires.

The one in my kitchen stays pretty constant->health ideas. I’ll tell you about that sometime.

We also keep bulletin boards up in various places. I love them. We keep one up on the back of the bathroom door too. You can be 1/2 asleep, and the things you want to bathe in your mind just seep into into your subconsious. It’s a collage of things that point to ideas like balance, breathing deeply, and things that I call the next right thing.

Speaking of that sleep word I heard myself mention..I just got up to put something away. Going back to sleep now(: G’night all(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I recently tidied up my board. It had become such a blended collage that it led to confusion. Though I do include text, I prefer pictures because I can glance at the board, see an image and quickly feel the emotional connection/vibration to the item or place I want in my world and which I think makes it more powerful. While this helps me focus at least on the more material things, I like written and spoken affirmations for personal development items. This process is very fluid and enriching to me. Thanks bmindful.

I had a brilliant flash of genius! I went to look for a digital photo frame that I could use in my bedroom, but they are all still to expensive for my tastes, BUT, I remembered that I already have an old laptop that I never use and it has a bigger screen, I think I’ll set that up in my bedroom and use it like a digital photoframe for positive images and quotes and such.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Can’t believe you said that. Just tonight I was looking at that sort of thing trying to get additional visuals. (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great minds think alike!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here’s an idea for you guys if you have an old laptop you don’t use anymore.

I opened up WORD and made a bunch of affirmation and motivational notes for myself. I formatted the backgrounds to have different colors, but you could add a background pic or anything else you wanted. I used a big font so it would be easy to read from a distance. I set the page up for landscape view. When I had the page looking like I wanted I hit the “print screen” key. Then I opened up “paint” a program that you probably alread have in accessories on your computer. Once you open paint you simply use the paste command and whatever you had on your screen when you hit the print screen button will be pasted into paint. From there, just draw a box around your affirmation/picture and cut it out. (you do this because the print screen command is going to copy your entire screen, not just your affirmation/picture, you’ll see what I mean when you do it) Once that is done create a new file in paint, paste what you just cut out into the new file and save it as a jpg or whatever file format you want to use. When you have created a bunch of affirmation/pics you want to use you can go to the control panel for the laptop and use the display command to set the screen saver to play a slide-show of your affirmations. I made one and put it on my dresser. You can set it to run for as long as you want.

This idea could easily be adapted for those digital image picture frames. It could be used for all kinds of image board stuff. I just wanted to share an idea about how and old out of date laptop could be used for more than a dust collector.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here’s an idea I just had that seems related to vision boards.

Project Idea
I have some of those wooden t.v. trays and they have gotten kinda of worn and scuffed so I thought I might refinish them. I’ll have to look into how to do it, but I’ll bet I can print out cool quotes and pics and place them on the tops and then urethane them. I think it’s a cool idea. Besides quotes and pics it would be a great place for recipes and nutrition tips and exercise motivation stuff.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

that sounds cool. It would be a good business idea: make your own vision board, we finish it into your tray.
Am sure loads of singles will go for it.

…what a wonderful world….

Here are a couple of pics of the t.v. trays I did. They turned out pretty good. You can’t read the quotes in the pictures, but you get the idea. If some of you make some please share the pics.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I painted the tops, then glued the quotes down, then used polyurethane over that.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

So impressed with your continous flow of creativity(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

wow you guys are so inspiring i have5 carrier bags full of magazines i kept for things like this andi have so many ideas now ,i love the trays .My dad made my mum a wooden sewing box about 60 years ago and as we are havingto empty mums home i am being strict with myself or i would keep everything .I decided to keep this box as dad made it and mum used it for her knitting ,my baby clothes and mykids baby clothes .As itsdark wood and yhome has pine stuff i thought of painting it white and putting a picture of mum and dad on it ,i could add affirmations for doing crafts and pictures of things i want tomake .I love the idea that it doesnt just have to be on a board ,thanks love flowergirl

Nine Principals of Receiving

1. Love Yourself Fully (Nurture yourself daily) 2. Realize Your Power to Choose 3. Cease to Long (Imagine You Already Have it All) 4. Release Attachment to Outcomes 5. Remain Open to Everything (Doubt Nothing) 6. Give & Receive in Equal Measure 7. Be Grateful for All Blessings 8. Be Present in Each Now Moment 9. Embrace Your Passions & Joy

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Muzzi,
Lots of wonderful ideas that everyone has posted.
I myself started a vision board a year and a half ago. I used a poster board and put photo’s of things I wanted to happen in my life. I used affirmation at the bottom of some of the photo’s. I put myself my partner,places I wanted to visit and use pictures from my trip to San Francisco with myself,partner on top of the pictures of San Francisco. I put a large bundle of a photo of money in front of my partner and money all around photos on my vision board. I had the vision board on the wall up above my monitor and looked at the vision board daily and would do the affirmation on the board and the affimations became a big part of my daily living. I would meditate and do my affirmations that were on the vision board. I give thanks daily for all that I have and all that will be coming to me. My partner retired early and got a lump sum of money and we now live in San Francisco. Since I have been here, I always have enough money to do the things I want to do and to buy want I desire. I have been doing allot of spiritual work and affirmations,faith,love and believing in yourself and that you are a divine being and it is your right to have all that you desire. Plus, what Laurie posted: Nine Principals of Receiving

1. Love Yourself Fully (Nurture yourself daily) 2. Realize Your Power to Choose 3. Cease to Long (Imagine You Already Have it All) 4. Release Attachment to Outcomes 5. Remain Open to Everything (Doubt Nothing) 6. Give & Receive in Equal Measure 7. Be Grateful for All Blessings 8. Be Present in Each Now Moment 9. Embrace Your Passions & Joy

Allot of my photos came for the internet and magazines. Put yourself in the right frame of mind and enjoy creating your vision board. Get relaxed,play music you enjoy and make this your time only.

Have Fun !!!!!
Blessing and Love
Paul

I had a vision board made of different pictures and words pasted to pink card.

Now I’ve changed a bit, and I use a scrapbook app on my android phone to make vision boards with photos and words. I can at odd moments, just open the app and flip through the pages and look at them to keep me focused. Plus I found this handy, because I can carry it with me — even if I’m on holiday. I put an electronic one on my iPod as well. I also made a scrapbook for positive affirmations.

However, I do have a board made with different prosperity affirmations and photos taped to my bedside table so that I can see it wen I go to sleep and when I wake up.

:)

P.S. I like the idea of a gratitude section!

Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories

Affirmations,Audio Stories and handcrafted Inspirational Gifts

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who think you’re not.”

In response to SelfcareLivingLifeOfEase's post:I forgot I once did this vision-boards  on a trifold board.

I recently bought a stack of a mini size trifold boards for this purpose

Can't wait to create! (on my next day off!!!)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content