login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Here's a thought...

You are I’m sure as well as myself hearing over and over again about
the negative trend in the economy.

Here’s my take:

1. Be thankful you woke up today and you’re not looking at dirt! (that
is from my boyfriend Lance) nice perspective really.

2. When you are hearing this or any negative situation on the news or
reading it in the papers, personally I avoid the paper as much as
possible I do listen to the news but not intently.
Nonetheless whenever you hear about the economy, stop, turn the radio
or tv news off and say to yourself the following.

That might be true for some, but it is not true for me, I always
prosper no matter where I am or what is going on.

If you hear of murders or other ills, send blessings of energy to those
people.

It’s just time to eliminate as much of the negative as you can from your life. Start with not reading the newspapers as often, or listening to the news all day long or even watching it on tv. Watch as little tv as possible in fact, unless there are shows you really like, which for me there are, about 4 during the week so I tape them and watch them when nothing else is on that interests me. Other than that, I watch PBS stations or listen to mp3 audio shows I’ve downloaded or cd’s from Louise Hay or Wayne Dyer etc. The more you fill yourself up with that the more likely you won’t let all the negative bring you down all the time and throw you off.

Bright blessings,Namaste and may you find Inner Peace and a wonderful journey.

Your tips on removing bad thoughts is true although, it’s good to know what’s going on in the world. We don’t want to be living in a nutshell..

Dear Learning~

A long time ago, I decided to take a “News Fast” for a week. No tv, radio, internet, etc News… Guess what?! I haven’t gone back. Here are a few things I have gleaned from this experiment:

1) People who aren’t fasting are always pleased to let you know what is going on in the world – especially if it is bad. You will not live in a shell… Plenty of people are there to spread the news. I promise!

2) Life started getting less stressful for me. I don’t worry about things I cannot change. Do you know what? I own my own business and I haven’t seen one bit of recession. It isn’t in my daily thoughts, vocabulary, or life. My business? It is experiencing quite large increases in sales and profits. You are right: recession is for others, not me.

BTW, I love Louise Hay and Wayne Dyer. They are the first people who I started reading about when I wanted to change my life.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I stand behind you 1000% and send my love and positive energy to you. I’m glad you started this thread. MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Some of the people who died in the fires didn’t read/watch/listen to the news. They simply didn’t know it was coming until too late. I’m afraid I’ve been guilty of not knowing what was going on out there while in a bushfire, but had the common sense to evacuate the afternoon it hit. It maybe a symptom of our society being so fragmented that neighbours don’t talk anymore?

What made the difference for me is that I stopped regularly watching TV. I stopped watching CSI and all those murder detective series. I also stopped listening to pop music, with those lyrics about not having someone to love etc etc.

I have my own business too, I don’t notice the recession either! But I’m shutting it down anyway – I now know I don’t want to work the way I am, even though it makes me lots of dough.

I love Louise Hay too :)

Focus

I stopped watching CSI and Law & Order: SVU too. It’s just too much! I prefer watching lightheartning shows.

I am not saying to totally avoid the news not at all. I still read the papers occaisionally, I still listen to the news on the radio but it’s not something I let allow to fuel my moods during the day is what I meant by this post.

Listening to the news to be informed of what is going on is fine, but don’t rely on it to be the reasoning for your emotions. Be objective when you listen. Don’t be so caught up in all the news and let it change your mood. Listening to too much negative does influence how you think about the world. Some of the news is honestly a waste of time, like some of the Hollywood gossip, yes there is value in that too sometimes when it’s a nice story but not trash. Same with the idea that media fuels the negative, they constantly bombard us with this is wrong, this is bad, this is failing, negative, negative, and more negative. There was a company who tried to start a good news paper but it failed because NO ONE bought it, no one wanted to hear good news.

Could it be because the majority of the world is so darn focused on the negative that good news seems like fake news???? Think about it. If you went on a news fast for a while like one of the posters above did, think how your life would be more positive.

I only listen to the news when I get up and otherwise if the radio is on I turn it down during the newscast. I have my computer on at work and I admit I do read the news stories sometimes, but I’m not a news hound. I don’t need to waste my time getting down when I can be being happy and up. I don’t pick up the free papers anymore, that we have here in my city. I pick up ones on spirituality or holistic living or what’s going on for entertainment in my city but that’s it.

So many people focus on the negative that they don’t allow the good in.

So don’t misunderstand I wasn’t saying don’t ever read the news again. Just take as little as possible. Be informed about what is going on, not ignorant of it but stories and news doesn’t change that much. Media reports the same story from different angles. You can hear the same story 5 times during the week but that’s not news. That’s just repeating. It gets redundant.

I only watch Paranormal State on A&E, The Biggest Loser, Ugly Betty and Ghost Whisperer. I don’t watch those other shows like CSI and such, my boyfriend does but he’s not a negative person so it doesn’t affect him. He’s more into sports.

I’ve asked many peoples opignion starting off with “You may have heard about this important item on the news about the earth’s..what are your thoughts?” or “You may have heard about this issue going on in our area..”
When it comes to many that i’ve asked about what’s going on in the world, they are ignorant of what going on! It’s a shame that many are stuck in their own little world..

In response to bbirishbug’s post:

It is true that people are ignorant about the real world issues. Even with television or other media outlets, most people consume what they are fed and assume it is the truth, because it is being reported. Many will not even pay attention and think further about the issue such as how it will affect themselves, the world, or such. Just having it available (which I am glad it is) doesn’t make you a more educated, well-rounded person. In my own world, when I watch people who look at the news, they look like zombies with their eyes glazed over and I have to wonder what is registering and what is not. But, that is just my reality, my perception and opinion.

I choose not to repeatedly digest all the stuff reported as important to what the news organizations deem as worthy of air time. Personally, it affects my outlook and I cannot afford to have that negativity in my home around my children. My stress levels rise easily and I am not as effective of a parent when my stress levels are out of whack.

When I am in the mode of changing my life for the better, personally, I prefer to have silence and lots of time for reflection. I prefer to let only positive thoughts enter my realm: Good friends, good music, good scents, beautiful scenery, etc… Most daily news does not feed my spirit the way I need to be fed.

Lucky for me, there are people out there who have my back – like you bb – who are keeping on top. I am thankful. It allows me to relax and do my thing while I cannot focus on the outer world until my inner world is in turmoil.

I will be the first to admit that I take things to the extreme. My children do not watch television. I must admit that I did break down and purchase one, but it doesn’t have cable channels (other than local). We don’t watch sports or other entertaining shows such as CSI or such. It comes from my Amish background and not much else. It wasn’t how I was raised, so I just didn’t pick up the habit when I grew up and left.

I am happy that we all are entitled to our own opinions. No one will convince me to change my ways and I am not going to try and change others. That is the beauty of life!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

:) Hey, that’s why were all here for!

Madonna doesn’t let her kids watch tv either..:D
I wasn’t allowed to have a radio that my sister made in tech. So, i became addicted to music & played instruments, wrote lyrics and did some mixes on a soundmixer. My parents were over strict. (rolls eyes) My first album i owned was Savage Garden, when it first came out and i’m 24 (& 1/3)

I don’t have a TV. I get my news online. My son doesn’t watch TV, but he does sometimes when he goes to a friend’s house.

I agree that it can affect people negatively if news is watched inanely. But I reckon that sometimes knowing about what’s going on around us is can help us make informed choices and sometimes take action. Otherwise, how would we know about climate change, human rights abuses, injustices, forests being logged, pulp mills being planned in sensitive areas of the country (BTW we stopped that one temporarily because the bad publicity we created made the bank pull its funding) etc I’m involved in environmental and social activism and one of my tools is the media. I guess it’s the case of use it for “good” not “evil”.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
I agree with you Freya. It’s just the reporting of news is filled with negative-sensationalism. I scan the paper, listen a bit to CNBC news, and for right now it is enough for me.

My part in social “activism” feels like it takes place everyday. At work, I get my fill of variety of people feeling health and economical woes. I do my best, to be a good listener, help where I can and help put a smile on people’s hearts. For right now, it’s what I can do. Though I’d like to say, I feel great that there are people like you, doing the bigger things, the larger scale things. And I mean that! It’s a pleasure to know you and your beautiful heart.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:

You reminded me of my last job (and I do mean my LAST) – I had just moved from California to Kansas. These people used to print a forest load of paper each and every day and then just trash it. I tried to educate them about the benefits of recycling – to little avail. I purchased the recycle bins and donated the recycled products to the church they all attended (for their little party slush fund) in order to encourage the recycle process. They enjoyed the money for the church, but nevertheless, thought of me as one of the “Fruity Treehuggers” from California. My boss actually told a vendor (in front of me) that he wished “The Big One” would finally hit California so it would drop off into the ocean and kill all the “Treehugging, Recycling, Nature-Loving Freaks” and then he turned and winked at me. THANK GOD I AM WHERE I AM NOW!!!! I AM IN MY HAPPY PLACE!!!

Activism has to take place every day in all ways to educate those naive people who don’t think of cause and affect in their everyday actions!!

I did not have a TV for quit long until my friends warned me of becomming a complete anti-social :-O
Well now I do have one and I admit that I do watch intertaining movies.

I stopped watching or reading the news long time ago, which are mainly sensational.
I still do get informed about the main things going on in the world by hearing from the others or reading trusted (unbiased) magazines, which talk about facts.

I also believe that the media feed us with alot of information, which in fact cause stress and some of which I belive poisenous for the brain.
I am glad to see that I am not alone with my belief

…what a wonderful world….

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Thanks, MM, I needed to hear that. Sometimes what I contribute to “social activism” feels insignificant, simply because I’m not participating in a large group. You’re right, it’s all significant when we are actively caring for our fellow man(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lee and I don’t have a TV.
We watch movies and series that we get on dvd and read all our news online.
I find that anything important I hear about from the parents or staff (or sometimes children!) at work and then if I’m interested I will look it up at home. I like being able to stream my news. And I seem to have more interesting conversations with people if they are describing an event that they heard in the news, not just rehashing what they read in the paper.
Contact with my parents and Lee’s parents also adds to our knowledge of what’s happening in the world. Its all about the network you are able to build up. Yes you may become anti-social without a TV but only if you live in isolation in other areas of your life as well. I think there is nothing wrong with not letting children watch TV. Some parents worry they will not be able to connect with other children as they won’t share the same pop-culture interests. I have never seen this, and have seem more regularly, children playing with animals and blocks than extended play scenes from Ben 10 or the latest fad.

I find my son gets into the cartoons, even if we don’t have a TV at home. He catches up at my sisters’, his friends and who knows? By Morphic Resonance? Children tend to be more into media the older they get. It’s like when he reached seven something in his brain switched on, imaginary play was not such a strong feature. He’s more disciplined and can remember to do things much better.

Focus

(:

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content