login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★People, Places, Things I truly enjoy

Let’s talk about all kinds of areas we love. As we list things..c’mon back later and list some more(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• I love reference books, and school-basics type books and sites. I also love Brian Tracy audios (and other motivational greats), and older Bruce Springsteen music (from 70’s).
  • I am drawn to anything that helps keep me focused and organized with the kind of life that gives me all kinds of freedoms. One biggy is health related things (like fitness,healthy delicious foods and ways to reframe thinking, and planning what I want).
  • I was always drawn to only- particular types of studies that I enjoyed when growing up. I studied what I liked well…only. It took me years to figure out -how so much of what they ‘tried’to teach us in grade school (all the subjects) had its place in higher education..and real life(: And when I figured it out, I changed me(:
  • I also love to collect and learn ways to accelerate learning.
  • I love making my mind work for me—from how I feel to what I want to accomplish.
  • We didn’t have computers back in the day when I was growing up, or when I started college..and I have probably only began using the internet regularly 5-6 years ago. So books were the thing.
    Here’s a little internet history (cool links in here for those who want a little glossary and history)
  • So now.. its educational books and sites*(: And I love learning formally and informally.
  • Love discussions on spirituality and self care. * Love co-creating with the God of my understanding. * Love good people (w/loving demeanor and caring heart)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love learning too…. when I was younger all I wanted out of life was to be a wife and mother… so that is what I did… I didn’t go to college until my children did… but in the mean time I have always been interested in why people behave the way they do… my original college goal was to become a socialogist but I was terrified that I couldn’t pass statistics so I got a degree in religious studies instead….

right now I am loving all I am learning about spirituality as I find myself transcending above any spiritual level I have previously reached… I have allowed myself to experience things that in the past I would have considered taboo even tho they are things that have beckoned my attention for years…

I love this site and the people on this site… I just recently became interested in the Silva Method and am researching the best way to approach it… (book, tape, which book, which tape, do a live seminar, where etc) my local library had both a book and tape but said they were both missing… so I guess I am on my own… part of the fun is the investigating part… Kathy

In response to coachhouse’s post:
Blue Mirror is a Silva technique

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love Sitting under a big old tree somewhere very peacefull . Waking up just before the birds start singing Lying in a bath with lots of bubbles The scent of roses ( my mum) Hearing cricket being played in the countryside ( my dad ) The sound of the sea and collecting shells Tea in a china cup Rocking chairs,pine welsh dressers . Cottages Book shops and libraries New stationary Incence and candles Angels and fairies You folks Last but not least – my wonderfull kids

more things i love
snuggling up in a chair to read .
hugs
walking withmy dog
getting into bed

thank you Laurie for the tip on blue mirror…. have you ever been to a seminar?

Another thing I love is my work place… it is one of the oldest buildings in the town (1880) and has a great courtyard out front for people to enjoy…. I enjoy coming to work and I enjoy meeting all the people who come in….

I love it when I see the cranes flying across the sky. They are huge, beautiful and graceful.
I love watching the waves pitching and rolling off shore at Lake Michigan. It’s hypnotic and watching while sitting and daydreaming is something I grew up doing in Chicago.
Art Carney – For those who remember. He was such a fabulous straight man and sooooo darn great at being goofy. In My Opinion: an underrated comic genius.
Live music – outdoors. Rock, Alt. rock, Symphony, Blue Grass – bring it!
Fireworks – hard to explain, but there are a lot of us;)
House Beautiful Magazine-No, I have a small, modest apt. and limited resources, but I really love soaking in the creativity and getting inspiration that I often find.
American architecture of the 50’s & 60’s, Frank Lloyd Wright,Mid-Century-Modern.
Shheww! That’s enuf outta me, Jan

You guys are really inspirational! I hope you guys don’t mind a long list.
Music, most kinds. I LOVE discovering new music and rediscovering old favorites. I’m listening to some Beethoven as I type, but can just as easily get into some modern rock, or folk, or celtic, or country, or…

Like you guys I love learning. Actually, “love of learning” is one of my strongest core values. It’s my number one value as a matter of fact.

I’m getting a lot more enjoyment and less anxiety these days because I’ve gotten so much better at just “being”. I am much more aware of my “thinking” than I used to be.

I love lots of really simple things, like being in nature or reading a book. I like to lie in bed at night with a couple of fans blowing cool air over me. I stare at the little phosphorescent stars I have painted on my ceiling with my awesome headphones playing whatever I’m in the mood for.

I really enjoy art, though I’m certainly no expert. I have a fondness for the Impressionists, especially van Gogh.

Jancy’s post brought comedians to mind. I really like the Smothers Brothers, I used to have those albums but I don’t have a clue what happened to them. How about Red Skelton, George Burns, or Dean Martin? Ever seen any of those classics?

Jancy also makes me think of things that would otherwise slip my mind. I really dig Craftsman style and Stickley.

I absolutely LOVE Tolkien. I’m one of “THOSE” people. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read The Lord of the Rings. Actually, I can. Eight. I’m guessing six times for The Hobbit, and twice for The Silmarillion. I actually took notes as I read The Silmarillion the second time. I wish I hadn’t loaned THAT copy out. I enjoy reading all kinds of things. I usually have two or three books going at a time.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hi MCM! How about George Gobel? I remember watching his show as well. Watched a lot of tv growing up. We have done this on another thread, but reminiscing IS a thing I love.;) I am not a big reader, it’s a concentration thing, but I was totally immersed in the world created by Tolkein. I could’nt get into Silmarillion for some reason.

I love going to Cornwall. The last time I went was with my Husband and Daughter, we stayed with my husbands Aunt and Uncle. My husband was born in Cornwall but I fell in love with the place 7 years before I met him.

Where books are concerned Ive borrowed 2 books from the library that I really enjoyed, The Loveday pride and The Loveday fortunes. Both from the same author and both part of the same saga, set in eighteenth centuary cornwall.

enjoy life!

In response to flowergirl’s post:
I love the sound of the sea too Flowergirl :) and thats also reminded me that I love the sound of seagulls; they always remind me of the seaside no matter where I am.

Getting time off work is another thing I enjoy (I`ll just be working 4 hours a day for next 7 weeks, with do off those off as holiday) and I love visiting bmindful :)

enjoy life!

I love days off from work, with the knowledge I have a job to return to(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Laurie~LovesFocusingWell’s post:
Laurie I`ve just read my last post again and realised I`ve writted “with do of the off as holiday” it should say “with 2 of those off as holiday”.

It must have looked like I was wanting the entire 7 weeks off, but I`m perfectly happy with 2.

I like the knowledge of having a job to return to as well but 2 weeks of my anual leave are coming soon and I`m just looking forward to doing my own thing in that time. Also from tomorrow until the end of August I will be working 4 hours per day as opposed to 7 hours per day (with the exception of my anual leave)so its like a mini break, thats what I was saying I enjoy. :)

enjoy life!

In response to best78’s post:
Actually I just caught the idea, that you enjoy a little time off..I know I do(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

We could USE a revival of this wonderful old thread.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I haven’t seen best78 in forever.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

reading Catherine Cookson novels

making crochet granny squares – it’s so easy and relaxing

a local beach with squirel woods behind it and sandhills .The squirels eat out of your hands

Liverpool – because it is the best city in the world and home to us scousers

“Christine Breese”: http://umsonline.org/AllAboutMetaphysicalMetaphysics/ChristineBreese.htm

S.N.H.S. I am doing 8 courses with them .

reiki – giving and recieving this beautiful energy

I love that feeling you get when you really learn something new and unexpected. It kind of makes me feel young.

I love it when I do something well and someone I respect notices.

I love it when I’m watching a movie and the bad guy get’s what’s coming to him, lol.

I also love it when I’m watching a movie and a simple scene makes a tear come to my eye. A scene that reflects genuine love or kindness. Or even loss. It reminds me that I’m not completely jaded from all the crap out there.

I love listening to a great album.

I love it when I someone reads or listens to or whatever I suggest they read or listen to or whatever and then they say, hey, I REALLY dug that. I also love it when someone recommends something to me and I actually read it and go, yeah, I dig that.

I love that most of the people around here on bmindful are very kind, sincere people.

Oh yeah, I also love it when a beautiful girl flirts with me. That’s the best.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I love it when I hear a song or album I’ve haven’t heard in ages. Started listening again to a lot of Quincy Jones and Dizzy Gillespie this week, can’t remember the last time I took the time out to enjoy those albums.

I love it when the sun drops by to say “Hey, did you miss me?” and decides to give England a sequence of really sunny days, those are a treasure in our country :)

I love it when I don’t have to make art or illustrations on the computer. Traditional painting and drawing are my true loves

I love it when people aren’t afraid to be honest when something’s wrong in society and are willing to speak their mind, e.g. in England (I’m not entirely sure whether this is the same case with other countries) political leaders want to make the lowest paid, hardest working people pay for all the economic crisis when they’re the ones who knew it was gonna happen. They the ones who need to stop buying second homes, cheating expenses and acting with constant dishonesty. How is society supposed to have faith in it’s country if we can’t have faith in our leaders? The truth doesn’t hurt, it’s covering it up and expecting others to stay silent about it that hurts.

I love that we get to experience life on an amazing planet in a vast universe, sharing it with hundreds of thousands of other species of animals besides ourselves. I love that we know a lot about how nature works, yet at the same time, there’s also a lot we don’t yet know about the universe & there’s always going to be new things to discover about it.

I love art but I hate how the mainstream art, it’s become a very conservative industry, where collectors think that only the wealthy and fashionable get to enjoy it and understand it. Art should be made to make smiles, not millions of pounds.

I have been trying to get more inspired for this topic. This is the value of threads on happiness, what we like, what motivates us…It is contagious. Thanks for helping to kick off my morning

• I love a day when it it flows with harmony and love. I love when answered prayer seems to happen frequently or when it happens after wondering where are those days.

Looking forward to sharing more(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

ccr

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to chakracolors’s post:

Love that song chakracolors. This one is one of my favorites

CCR

In response to Godchilds post

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post: yes, I’d like to see where this goes in 2015(: This thread is originally from 2010(:

I Am living a Divine plan

I truly enjoy my funny mind. I see things in unique ways, where others don’t seem to. It’s like my mind is telling me a private joke. At times it catches me off guard and a small giggle escapes. That almost always causes trouble for me as someone always asks, what’s so funny? I have learned not to try to explain it, but if I do share, most people get it.

I love being alone in nature. Going for a walk or hike, finding a nice rock to sit on and opening my mind up to anything and nothing. I like to hear water gurgling, and watch insects and animals come alive when I am very still.

I have taken up photography and I am starting to see things in frames. I enjoy the challenge of getting a good shot. It teaches patience and appreciation of beauty. The reward is wonderment.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:

I truly like Poppy’s funny mind, even though sometimes I’m a little slow to know (everything) he is laughing about(:

I too enjoy nature…and lovely weather to experience it. I absolutely love being in the the mountains. I especially love walking along the ocean, walking on beach-piers and along side the ocean.

I like the fact that I like and love lots of people, places and things…and the biggest challenge is being pretty happy wherever I land, though knowing I have the option of taking myself to places where its easier to simply be me(:

I love large blocks of time, where I have wonderful feelings of allowing myself to work up to …the feeling-place of doing whatever it is I desired/needed to do…with anything…from something mundane, complex, or simply easily enjoyable. I like when something I need to do turns into desiring to do it(:

I love the present…just being…and love the present actively engaged in something I’ve planned, and following through with.

I love music…listening to sounds which my whole being in a state…of Yes, this is wonderful …and I place an imaginary Do Not Disturb -sign while the feelings take me places I allow myself to go.

I love ideas of the future…knowing all I have to do is to get out of my own way, and represent my very own reference point…when I have nothing else to compare it to.

I love choice! I love creating choices…when it appears there are few…that say Do Not Pass Go…and I find a way to not only enter, though to prosper greater than believed by myself and/or something outside of me.

I love reading everyone’s love to do…it feels like a rampage of joy. Oh, it is(: And I loved doing this, thanks older members for sharing here, and Poppy for reviving it(:

I love this moment!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content