login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Oct.2019HappinessMtg-★★♡Caring♡ For Yourself =A Better World

Now Open!!Oct.2019 HappinessMtg-★★Caring For Yourself = Better World♡

AccidentalNote once created a magnificent discussion thread which asked the community to interpret a quote.

It was an awesome idea. Some quotes seemed basic enough and others not so much. We really had to reach into it... reach into ourselves.

The value was much like The Happiness Meetings. We all spoke to one another, heard one another, and was responsible for our own interpretation no matter how alike or different it was from one another .

• On that note, this month's Happiness Meeting was born(:

Discussion:

What Does This Quote Mean To You?“When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

• thank you for participating(:

last Happiness Mtg:link toAug 2019 HappinessMtg-★★Breakthrough-Workout: Receptivity, manifesting Abundance&Awaken deepest desires

something I once wrote about my alias:

My name that most people know me by is SelfCare, and that idea brings the best out in me, because it is truly about allowing ease in being myself, loving myself, caring for me… so I can do all else that matters for me, including being present for others(: And ultimately beyond enjoying our time here ..why are we here? Just for ourselves? Being a self care enthusiast allows us to be available and present in our lives for ourselves and for our fellow-person(: So that is what I desire more of for myself… To create a better me, so I can demonstrate more to people I love, people I’d like to love better, people I’ve yet to meet, and have known… etc… I want to grow into a better me. Therefore: I am loving my shift as I Am changed as I think and speak what I want and need. And I choose to follow through with actions which work with my heart-desires.

Focus Of This Happiness Meeting:

->Quote “When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

• thank you for participating(:

Affirmations In Process

(feel free to select &  move around  affirmations that work for you too}

“I fully embrace my life, exactly as it is. I love myself entirely as I am. I give thanks for this wondrous day.”

By nurturing myself , my disposition has a positive frequency for being present for others.

Today I ask myself what I need and give generously!

I give my body all the rest it needs.

I love how patient and loving I am with myself when incorporating new routines for me.

I take time to slow a bit and enjoy each day`s gifts which enrich me.

I go to the inner place where there is no challenge,and abide in the consciousness of peace joy

I do all I can every day to make a loving environment for all those around me, including myself.

Everyday I strengthen myself so I can use my gifts to help others

My faith operates in at least five levels: faith in Higher Power I call God, faith in myself, faith in this moment, faith in others, and faith in tomorrow or the future.

My kind Spirit is greater than any obstacle I may face.

I emerge from my deepest self with a blessed expression of Divinely inspired creativity.

I love this quote pic blow your mind by opening your heart(:

9ba38224890073d62ac4fa4d5cc4d322.jpg28377911_2021810218062541_5457244581227299699_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQlsfm4ikB-a6j8QH0ahyA6oGAwY_KkxxnBz2V-zb1y2YaOFpT4UQ6zTTndyH7Khfc8&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=99c0c225548b473317fb2a9904ac409b&oe=5E4C94CB

“I find comfort in joyfully giving and being compassionate  with self and others.”

(this last affirmation was inspired by this Happiness meeting and Kathi's comment about compassion)

RELATED THREADS IN PROCESS

THREADGiving and Being˚

THREAD-RAK

THREAD-One Love

13866466743_3482b6f55a_z.jpg

Discussion Focus: What Does This Quote Mean To You?

“When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

I Am living a Divine plan

This quote resonates with me for I am constantly helping others in a variety of wonderful activities. times I have found that I have been neglectful of myself in making being of service to others my main priority. I have come to the realization that in order to be the best me to others it is important for me to care for myself, not just food, medicine but take time to nurture my spirit by taking care of me and the things that I love.  

Image result for care for yourself

In response to Sacred Care's post:

Thank you for putting this up.

I appreciate experiencing our bmindful community blogging, speaking, connecting and being supportive to one another. I enjoy that so much!! Its priceless to be gotten for who we are, and its equally priceless to get others for who they are, what they are committed to and to stand back and see their light, their beauty and their contribution.

When that community experience is unavailable, I continue to experience personal benefit, growth, intention, integrity, alignment, manifestation and flow. 

"When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world."

Beautiful quote by Gail Straub.

For me, I could have stopped and restarted up to the word ground...

"When I care for myself I am preparing the ground..."

To me, this is rich. It's poetic. Preparing the ground is richly symbolic.

This, at a time when the earth is in the throws of climate change, where we all know without a doubt that we need to love the earth and protect our shared environment quite unlike ever before....

Back to the sentence, it really is a huge opening, and truthfully, it could be a fill in the blank, and millions of people would be instantly be able to share something that is current, relevant and insightful.

Right now, for me, my path is about deep peace.

The things that I think about and hold in my consciousness are related. Deep peace. Healing. Joy! Unity! Celebration!! Health and vitality! And definitely, unimaginable abundance! Unimaginable creativity and intelligence that is faster than the speed of light! 

Sending love and light to All, Bmindful!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Nancee1953's post: In response to Kathi's post

Thank you both so much for your beautiful meaningful  contributions. I'm looking forward to taking in your thoughts and responding to you.

I 'm happy to say my schedule is more personally satisfying this week-that helps (:

Feel free to continue allowing whatever else may surface... if you choose(:

That is something I am likely to do(:

In response to Kathi's post:I appreciate experiencing our bmindful community blogging, speaking, connecting and being supportive to one another. I enjoy that so much!! Its priceless to be gotten for who we are, and its equally priceless to get others for who they are, what they are committed to and to stand back and see their light, their beauty and their contribution.

Like you mentioned Kathi, I love the community however it shows up,

because what needs to show up-

often does for the member posting

and for someone somewhere at some time(:

And yes, to be understood is a gift!

And to allow others to be their human-selves with their heartfelt intentions is a joy that I'm deeply grateful for. The endless pearls wallpaper the site ... Inspiration is everywhere! 

Attempting to hear people with as much as one desires to share is often a soulful life connection. 

Though, also like you-its valuable  for ourselves no matter what is presenting on the site... to do this 'work' for ourselves.

And as I eventually will share more about ... in connection to this thread question:

No matter what is presenting in mind, body, spirit... and with people, places and things... we do it for ourselves first-so we have more to bring to the table with all humanity 

In response to Nancee1953's post:

I appreciate your contribution very much too, Nancee

When we desire to take care of ourselves really well and we know service is a big part of a meaningful life -balance is so vital.

And yes

''...but take time to nurture my spirit

by taking care of me

and the things that I love''  

The more action that is inspired from a mindful loving place-

the greater the flow and  rejuvenating-love for all that I interact with

For example: I'm feeling out what surfaces for me.

I sit with it what matters to me  for awhile

I then am 'prepared '/ available

This became especially important when my schedule had less blocks of time-that I could arrange as I wanted.

This mindful approach became especially important when I realized how closely those who engage with us are wanting things too, and rightly so.

This became especially important when I realized how I value loving others in demonstrative ways.

This became especially important when I realized taking care of myself is a beautiful beautiful full time job!

I simply need to take time to center my self to heighten my  spiritual memory:

for remembering it is the God of my understanding that writes my paycheck

It is the God of my understanding that energizes what matters

It is the God of my understanding that is Love.

The following quote reminds me of what centering my self does:

“As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease. When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.” Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

I certainly agree with Nancee, Kathi, and Self Care, however, the quote struck me a little differently. “When I care for myself....” I don’t necessarily think about preparing myself to do anything for others in the future. I am totally focused on self centeredly me. Like eating, sleeping, bathing, etc. I do it for me.  I enjoy helping others, being kind, all the things mentioned above but I do them because it makes me feel good, appreciated, and loved. Perhaps Self Care said it best, “...we do it for ourselves first-so we have more to bring to the table with all humanity.”

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy's post:

I do relate to your words/feelings and the focus of simply and powerfully focusing on others...and the enjoyment involved!I also relate to your context -of giving for yourself first

7003fc030846c47e78c0b9cd2b94f97e.jpg

When we love -we give.

“When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

I want to invite other members that feel something from this quote to share anytime.

It may assist you, and it always assists someone somewhere at sometime(:

And for those who have already shared-the thread is young, I hope to see you return(:

One thing I wanted to say to you Poppy {King of RAK)

and to Nancee and Kathi... 2 other major givers ..I've been getting to know the 3 of you for some time and the kindness and service oriented nature of you all... have  been an inspiration to the giving I find invaluable.I just wanted to make sure I stated it to you all-while we were present'

Welcome Poppy!

I want to elaborate a bit about the quote and why future context  was instilled a bit more than usual for me. Some major changes had occurred at my place of business... a place I've worked for many many years.It is a very busy busy service oriented place... which in recent times has laid off many professionals all over the country at a moments notice.

Through these changes, my job title no longer exists anymore, though I was retained.

Initially I had a bit of survivor guilt, though it quickly and progressively turned into gratitude and my giving increased exponentially.

I began doing whatever was requested, and soon my time which I value more than my paycheck ...was less and less my own... and I no longer even had 2 days off in a row and my schedule was constantly changing 'at a moments notice'.

I felt good because I was assisting so much, and that I was becoming so flexible... a trait I internally boasted about that I didn't have to be-when it came to my schedule-one big perk for being there...

The demands of the job didn't even make sense anymore with less and less workers and more and more people to serve

Though  I kept reframing, affirming and allowing  things so I could give and give with even more heart and soul.

Though, it finally happened.

I saw I have limits.

I also saw I can do more than I thought I could ... and more than I thought I desired to do...

Though I also I saw if I kept up like this, no matter how uncertain the energy of things were there ... I had to speak up about things... to better serve... now there... and for my future of giving anywhere.

I had to trust.

I had to believe again differently and more... that God writes mypay check, and I have to take care of me to continue giving my best ...with service work, with RAK, with my family unit.

I'm grateful that my request for my needs of the kind of schedule I needed was accommodated.Today is day 1 of that change. And even with only 1 day different... which hasn't even truly begun yet, because it is wee hours of the morning as I write...I'm breathing differently, I'm allowing myself to be more of me to  better be available to the 'more' of my life which includes servicing others.

I actually became concerned if I continued as I was going could I give the way I want anymore? Would my lil' family unit get what it needed from me.?..would my friends? would I receive  my best self...anymore to do my self-care things that I wanted to progressively entertain...? Would my spouse get enough of my energy? And on and on...

Even though I found out, I can do more than I think I can create... more into my day than I thought possible ... the test was over. I experienced my limits.

And just yesterday, a  long time friend called who really needed my friendship ... in a supportive manner. With the belief I now  have just a little more me-time,  I could truly be there for her as I needed to -fully.

Anyway, I'm not usually this open about my specifics around here... though that is what these meetings are for:

to be best understood, we sometimes need to share a bit(:

And that is where my words came from at this stage of my being... when I said:

“...we do it for ourselves first-so we have more to bring to the table with all humanity.”

Limits are valuable.

Like speed limits, physical limits or emotional limits are something that should be respected and appreciated.

Our body and our mind are vehicles. They can take abuse to a finite degree but it's not in the best interest to continue without causing imbalance.

I am grateful for so many priceless things. Grateful for my health and for finding real comfort in compassion.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

In response to Kathi's post:

So true Kathi, Limits are valuable.

Like speed limits, physical limits or emotional limits are something that should be respected and appreciated.

Our body and our mind are vehicles.

And in regard to compassion:

You are amazingly compassionate! You are an awesome listener and you care for the world.

You stay abreast of the news for reasons most people I know do not. It is my belief you stay in tune so you can give more to the world-literally. Your passion to do so in your personal life and in your career proves this!

The most interesting thing I found out during this time was actually an expanded understanding of my limits in connection with balance and faith.

I wasn't out of my comfort zone when I agreed to be/do more. I had what I joyously call the spirit of yes. And while I found out this ongoing extended schedule created a bit of need for increased self care and going back to the basics...

...it also opened my eyes to how much I can do with and for others

I am allowing more of what became missing and what I had learned to surface for me

Though I do... my gratitude increased!!! I've never been so excited about blocks of time and I commit to using them the way I really need and desire to... for the reasons of my experience and it follows the theme of this quote!

to be continued ♡Caring For self ♡A Better World

In response to Nancee1953's post:In response to Poppy's post:

There is much in what you both said... though I choose to focus on the part of both of your statements

which included enjoyment!

Nancee- This quote resonates with me for I am constantly helping others in a variety of wonderful activities. 

I have never heard you speak of the many service oriented things you do without joyful anticipation, and gratitude for being of service!

Poppy-   I enjoy helping others, being kind, all the things mentioned above but I do them because it makes me feel good

I believe that is another thing which creates a passion for compassion. It feels so good to be a part of humanity and connecting where a difference is joyfully made. 

You are also a living example of kind, joyful giving in every realm you find yourself! 

You are a creative, loving, giver.

quoteWhen we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace The 14th Dalai Lama

Thoughts about joy and giving:

Joy creating lighter hearts- knowing you are part of the energy which is not one as the saying goes 'going home to kick the dog'. 

The joy that allows others to be in just  a bit of a better place,  with 'just'  a smile, a touch .. finding beauty where they may have seen none.

Nancee once posted this:

“One smile has the power to…
Calm fears.
Soften stone walls.
Warm a cold heart.
Invite a new friend.
Mimic a loving hug.
Beautify the bearer.
Lighten heavy loads.
Promote good deeds.
Brighten a gloomy day.
Comfort a grieving spirit.
Offer hope to the forlorn.
Send a message of caring.
Lift the downtrodden soul.
Patch up invisible wounds.
Weaken the hold of misery.
Act as medicine for suffering.
Attract the companionship of angels.
Fulfill the human need for recognition.
Who knew changing the world would prove so simple?”
Richelle E. Goodrich,

One of Poppy's favorites that felt perfect here... and I love it more and more too!:

Love, love changes everything 
Hands and faces, earth and sky 
How you live and how you die 
Love, can make the summer fly 
Or a night seem like a lifetime 
Yes love, love changes everything 
Now I tremble at your name 
Nothing in the world will ever be the same
Days are longer, words mean more 
Pain is deeper than before 
Love will turn your world around 
And that world will last forever 
Yes love, love changes everything 
Brings you glory, brings you shame 
Nothing in the world will ever be the same
Off into the world we go 
Planning futures, shaping years 
Love bursts in and suddenly all our wisdom disappears 
Love makes fools of everyone 
All the rules we made are broken 
Yes love, love changes everyone 
Live or perish in its flame 
Love will never never let you be the same 
Love will never never let you be the same
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Andrew Lloyd-Webber / Charles Hart / Don Black

Once again, you Kath... when you shared that you find 

Kathi :  real comfort in compassion.

inspired today from your post:

“I find comfort in joyfully giving and being wonderfully  compassionate with self and all others.”

That is a powerful affirmation for compassion and rejuvenation!

related quotes/different thread
RAK thread

I want to jump in here, but no time just now. It has been a busy day for me, a busy week. So please allow me to jump in this discussion. I am at a point of Must Need for my own self care. I am a care giver.  My wife’s mother is 97 and on Monday she called at 3:00 am from her assisted living apartment. She said she was sick and we could not call and get through to the night shift nurse. So we got up and went to check on her. When we got there, it was evident she needed more care than we could provide. We took her to the emergency room where they gave her a through exam and discovered she was suffering from high blood pressure and a urinary track infection. She was also very unstable and weak and needed assistance walking. We were discharged from ER around 8:00am and I rushed home to shower and get ready for work. I quickly went to a nearby drugstore and purchased a walker for her where my wife could deliver it to her after her 10:00 am appointment for a new chemo infusion she had scheduled. At 11:30 my wife called and said she had not started her treatment and didn’t know what to do. I immediately left work to help her during her infusion. She had wanted to use a new cap machine that freezes her hair where hopefully she would not lose her hair. When I arrived, the nurses started helping her after she had sat for two hours waiting for help with the new cap procedure before they could start the infusion push. Once I got her settled, I needed to check on her Mother. She was up but had not eaten lunch so I had to get her a lunch from the kitchen and return to the infusion lab. They had completed the chemo push and then we needed to wait 90 more minutes with the cap on. I made sure she was strong enough to drive home and I returned  to work to complete my shift. I then arrived home to cook dinner for us. This is why I must take care of myself first. I cannot take care of others if I don’t first take care of myself. This forum and my friendship with Self Care, Kathie, Nancee, and many others has been a tremendous support for me and is just one example of how I prioritize my own self care. 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Thank you! :)

This is a beautiful thread. I really do appreciate that its beneficial to "soak" in these threads/Happiness meetings, and allow things to open and show up when necessary.

I welcome this journey. I welcome new growth and understanding. I allow my mind to be open and flexible and my Spirit is ready to soar like an eagle and swim like a a playful otter.

Trust this process and rely on bilateral or multilateral feedback and communication. Let the systems of the known and the unknown, the conscious and the subconscious inter-coordinate. 

The powerfulness of learning to give to yourself is immense. Its about permission and expansion. 

Kindness, compassion and being non-judgmental open up channels of understanding the unspoken language of vastness and abundance.

Poppy, you are a star!

Always always so glad when you share.

From your heart felt real poetry, to the very beautiful welcoming feedback you give all you come in contact with..everywhere!

You live and love  to the fullest and allow space for giving more to yourself and others.

What you get from the community, the community receives from you.

I for one can vouch for that!

Any of us who have given to others with 'everything we have' can empathize.

Each of our stories are unique, though somehow relate-able... 

Family, You, You & Those You Give To

Your family connection is pure love.

And what you are wanting to do more for yourself is pure love.

And yes-for you first...

You need you for you and you need you for the world you give so beautifully to.

You are so loved and so precious... And I'm believing from what I know of you... you are actively assessing what you need for you

and creating the place from

within

to do so.

We got you! 

You got you!

You're never alone!

Love love love you,

selfcare

sending you big hugs Poppy and lots of love - please take care of you - I do understand how  hard it can be 

In response to flowergirl's post

glad you are here!

You are another lovely peaceful human being who values giving... and creates room to give to herself to better give to the those close and those she comes in contact with. 

thank you for being here.

love, selfcare

thank you for your kind words Sacred Care

In response to flowergirl's post:

thank YOU.

Much love to you and yours!

In response to Sacred Care's post: In response to flowergirl's post: I believe everyone has their own struggles in their own way. I am not a star. I am a simpleton in many ways. I listen to my heart and try to do what is right and good for myself and others. Simply put, the more we give, the more we receive. Many thanks to you both for your kind words and support. As I’ve said before there are so many on this site and beyond that are warm, kind, and loving. We most often hear and see negativity because it is sensational. There is an equal and larger (in my opinion) percentage of positive stories and people on our little planet. Love and light, hugs to all!

Love Changes Everything! 

Poppy I thoroughly understand the circumstances you are encountering with your loved one. You are doing the very best that you can. I am praying for you, I cared for my mother until she crossed over, like you I spent much time in the ER,  nursing homes and what I called the healthcare parade, I had to intervene to ensure she received the care she so desperately needed all while I was working. Sometimes there just did not seem like there was enough time in the day, but miraculously things got taken care of. I have a wonderful friend who would come by to check on me that uplifted my spirit  when there was time. I pray for your stamina, comfort and peace. Blessings unto you dear heart....

Image result for blessings gif

In response to Nancee1953's post:Thank You! 

Yes,Love Changes Everything! 

SacredCare  at 10/24/2019 2:38 PM EST

I wrote some  morning thoughts , that I am going to keep posted... Though, wanted to create a path to continue this thread right here... a bit differently...will return(:

Caregiver-Quote_12_Vertical.pngCaregiver-Quote_10.png

G'morning, Poppy!

I'm just waking and admiring what is occurring on this thread.

I want to share:

(1)a  40 year old story from my past

(2) share why when I woke up - I was calling you a Star(:

&

(3) more(:

Almost 40 years ago, a major health issue presented for someone close to me.

I was in a care taking role, felt so deeply and truly  powerless, no matter how much I assisted.   While yes I was doing the best I could, it didn't change my uncertainties for my loved one or what I needed to do for myself.

I remember feeling very alone.

I truly didn't 'care' how many people had similar experiences, I just wanted this loved one to experience a healing NOW. 

I also  didn't want to hear what I could do for me- I just wanted this close person in my life to be 'cured' 'better' 'healthier'.

While crying and feeling so blue, I shared with a wise, spiritual, compassionate health professional...who was also a friend. I said, "It's just me and God". 

She smiled knowingly and very matter of fact exclaimed, "that's right, it's just you and God.

• ~

Part of me, heard the words, and wanted to say... "How dare you agree with me?"

Though, my Spirit, received the biggest life lesson ... of my life. We are never really alone, once we connect with a Power that surpasses our understanding.

Nancee brought up something I rarely 'get into' though so grateful when others do... it is the God that surpasses our understanding. I use the word surrender alot... that one word communicates to me, though says very little to another.

On this site, as much as I post, I'm not known for truly taking my time when I write on the forum.  I write quickly from my heart, not caring as much about clarity for others as I am getting in touch with my own clarity.

Poppy,  I was so bowled over by how much you shared, so succinctly, so openly. Your ability and desire was the reason I called you a star. And to top it off you  boldly printed :This is why I must take care of myself first. I cannot take care of others if I don’t first take care of myself.

I could truly go on and on to  sing your praises... though your sharing  was a huge part for me earlier this morning.

What it does for a forum such as ours... to give a bit of context... in any circumstance, is it reminds us with everything we've got, how we are truly all in this together. 

~

This site 'prides itself' in reframing, affirming ... etc... 

With the energy of reframing ... our energy and perception opens up

All seems to change in a flash.

And as much as the gift of affirmation is one of my absolute favorite tools... we all know there is more to life than affirming it as so.

And that was my intention of this Happiness mtg. That is the beauty of  letting our guard down and connecting heart to heart,

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I

l love you

love everyone in this community

and I thank you all for being who you are and bringing us together and bringing out the best in our lives to best live it for ourselves and others.

sacredcare/selfcareabf58c841de6a0d348b88b17710570f3.jpg

LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING

In response to Nancee1953's

I thank you too Nancee.

Nancee, your sharing... too on this thread... is deeply appreciated.It too not only reminded me of the love and giving that goes into our relationships, though the love that is always there for us... 

The powerfulness of learning to give to yourself is immense. Its about permission and expansion. 

Kindness, compassion and being non-judgmental open up channels of understanding the unspoken language of vastness and abundance.

well said, Kathi!

In response to Poppy's post: In response to Sacred Care's post: In response to Nancee1953's post: In response to flowergirl's post

Wow, what a wealth of expert care givers we all are...

I want to acknowledge you all, individually and collectively. 

Poppy, I read your post twice. Both times, I completely identified with the speed, the need and the acuity by which your day was filled to capacity. Another non-stop day of putting out fires... I am so glad that you got your mother in law to the ED. Cudos, bravo to you, in one swift move, you actually stabilized her entire situation by getting her expert evaluation. These sudden, unexpected incidents really show how tender and vulnerable are our geriatric population. And, this is very correctable, but, left untreated, it could exposed her to harm or compromise that may not be reversible. This is what caregivers are facing. It's incredible! I also want to acknowledge your wife and all that both of you are courageously undertaking. It takes an act of love to take the next treatment. Love is the absolute substance of courage... Love is the strongest cure. Love is our greatest attribute. Love is what drives us. Love is our mission, our highest goal, our greatest good.....

Poppy, we are all with you and Carol, in heart, in kindness and in unity. We are here for you, and we are ONE. We are all pulling for you and for Carol. Your Bmindful friends encircle you and surround you with love, comfort and the finest care... 

Sacred Care, Nancee and Flowergirl, I just want to thank you all and acknowledge you for your kindness and your loving generosity. You are all pillars of light, and I admire you for who you are, and for all that you stand for.

Big love to All, Bmindful community.

Poppy, big love to you and Carol. A million and one Angels, sent to comfort you on your path, today and ALWAYS!

I am honored to know you all and be part of our community.

If there were words that could describe a hug, I would spell it out and share what is in my heart 

I also  want to thank everyone for sharing...

While this monthly meeting has just begun...

and much has been shared...

It remains a beginning with each fresh new moment...

Fresh because we are there for one another ...and we will continue to keep ourselves cared for while we care for others.

Kathi. I love how you acknowledged with such clarity the 'filled to capacity' element of caring from  Poppy's sharing.

I love how you described so many elements that a caregiver who gives so lovingly and so fully, and much of what they are up against.

Poppy, After awhile in this community, we really get to know each others' hearts and desiring to be in each others presence gets stronger as we want so much to give of ourselves

As all of us here have stated ... wanting to energize your path with all that you need.

To ensure that- I know we are all in this together

loving you,

believing in our prayers for you and your beautiful spouse...♡BIG HUG♡

726a89198318bc0c1f4ad71b16aa9db1--caregiver-quotes-home-health-care.jpg3291f54fa80442ced04979954b450f77--caregiver-quotes-funeral-homes.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNe0SoNaSaPOVsZFv8EWIcJr7JCpJf7dKz1BNOr3wVzp2ltLl16Q&s

8765bcd8c96980d6d1abc2d553af7bda.jpg

“When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

1. How do you care for yourself? 
  2. List effective actions that revitalize your energy and spirit? 
  3. Does love really change everything?

Resilience

I googled on resilience and I found some suggestions that I though were beneficial. I really looked for affirmations about resilience because they seem to really work well for me.

I found that several posts mirrored one another, and they all offer suggestions that strengthen our ability to face greater problems, cope with and adapt to change and to overcome personal challenges.

The following is a list, and I hope that you will find something valuable! Its like looking for your very own diamond...

-being connected to self/others.

-Greater awareness of self/others. 

-being flexible with self/others.

-being open; being open to being open...

-being able to make realistic plans and take action to meet goal(s).

-Being able to communicate with others and solve problems.

-Being able to manage strong feelings.

-Review your ability to address challenges.

-Being able to unite people, priorities and projects. 

-Perserverance: action oriented and trusting in the process.

-Inner control: Trust the control that you have in your life.

-Being more proactive in dealing with stress factors that you can improve upon.

-Looking for and apply solutions that increase feeling/experience of having a greater sense of control. Identify the places where you feel you feel powerless/stuck and make slow but steady improvements that start giving you empowerment and freedom.

-Perspective: Able to recognize mistakes and learning from them. Choose how you could grow and be a better person from this experience. 

-See obstacles as challenges and allow adversity to help you to grow and feel stronger.

-Support: Building and creating a support system. Let people know you for who you are!

-Being optimistic: seeing things from a positive perspective and believing in their own strength.

-Sense of humor: Emotionally recover and laugh at life' difficulties, alter the way the body reacts to stress.

-Being emotionally consciousness: having greater awareness of others and their body of concerns. 

-Be flexible with self/others.

-Learn something from every single experience. Fall in love with learning and keep growing/glowing!

-Take action.

-Cultivate your relationships.

-Smile. A lot!

-Express your emotions and leave aside the tension.

-Challenge yourself: set a goal for something that impossible! (Jim Carrey wrote himself a check for a million dollars, and predated it for something like 5 years, and it worked!!).

-Have a sense of purpose; do things that give your life meaning. 

-Improve physical health. Eat really well!!

-Meditate

-Mindfulness is very beneficial.

-Change the narrative. Try expressive writing/poetry/painting/sculpting/work with pottery

* Face your fears! *  Be unstoppable!

"Learning isn't a way of reaching our potential but rather  way of developing it." ~Anders Ericsson.

Thank you!

Perfect focus questions  to allow in, and address.

I guess you knew with a name like selfcare/sacred care/SelfcareEnthusiast- I'd have a field day with this.

(though time for sleep. I'll edit/shorten after work tomorrow)

Wow! Kathi!

Wonderful list - resiliency

In response to Poppy's post

response in process-I'm working on this-thanks for your patience!

• How do you care for yourself? 

After a (very) recent acknowledgement of a  less than acceptable ratio of a busy service oriented job versus time needed for myself and my family I declared to myself and my place of business, I needed a schedule that was more conducive to my personal needs.

List effective actions that revitalize your energy and spirit?

Creating threads vitalize my energy!

Effective actions that revitalize energy:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxboN2hicCoqm0bRFEyZCTnIS7oUZxNfpoHKzMKTPghEFF4gm-Dg2fbbdebd5859949f19b045efb9b68e64--louise-hay-daily-affirmations.jpg

• Get in touch with highest values & live them
  • Writing -journaling, creating intentions, affirmations, afformations, visualization
  • Hobbies (use hands, favorite colors) color is powerful!
  • Meditation
  • Listening to music I really love, light hearted tv, comedy (laugh more)
  • Nature (love the ocean)
  • Prayer  and surrender
  • Exercise
  • Meal Planning per specific needs (nutritious, delicious. and beautiful in color)
  • Occasional Food Treat -that doesn't add to any health challenges
  • Treating  yourself like a welcome guest and give  yourself  what really matters
  • Nurture relationships (selected friends & family)Allow self to give and receive
  • List making -as a tool  to create personal accountability with what personally works
  • Vision boards for anything desired
  • To be continued

• Does love really change everything?

Love and how it changes things:

I will begin with self-love. If we do not truly love ourselves, we will not feel deserving of any good thought or good action.

We will not feel deserving of the relationships we nurture, or allow/believe the nurturing gifted by others.

61310530_1408078885990445_3734523760938582016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQm9Z81VTBh-qZksMtCHfuJgh1cCxnAGpcwAqUh0gyef1BJwKMrhNUwQgLc0gBsPL6I&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=53cc5c10a14cd21c9bf9c53a2a395fc2&oe=5E0112E4

When we give to another, our motives will be tainted if we cannot love ourselves.Tainted meaning expectations/or unrealistic expectations.

While most individuals are progressively growing in the area of self-love, a desire to remain open to accept oneself right where we are opens the door to giving oneself the gift of self-love… and a healthy disposition to be with those we interact with.0bd496f203b7bdba8356e6c1410b36b4.jpg

So yes- love ... self-love changes everything!

Unconditional Love -Others

Loving Others Is Always the Answer-related thread

e7349fac12aad31bb456731aece8514f.jpg

bbbe854fe200655c6db0b3e9c36f4444--curb-appeal-radical-acceptance.jpg

• Does love really change everything?

It depends on what it is we are trying to change. Who among us doesn't want to be accepted for who we are, where we are and where we see ourselves desiring to go.

We cannot change people. People make that decision. A-truly-compassionate.jpg

Demonstrating the love we have in our spirit, doesn't mean to accept abuse... Though it also means to not to categorize every offensive behavior as abusive. Some individuals will never relate/understand you, or your words. 

To be continued....

Thank you for the questions Poppy. The timing of this is really perfect... These questions are helpful in that they are great for increasing awareness and for honest reflection.

The more time I spend with the first question, I am very aware of my strengths and weaknesses. And, I see patterns, life time patterns of behaviors of mine that I now feel inspired to take responsibility for. 

3. Does love really change everything?

How do I care for myself?

I care for myself by being accepting and loving myself for all that I am.

I care for myself when I choose peace. I choose possibility. I choose joy.

I choose to empower myself with loving awareness of areas of weakness, doubt, fear or a lack of confidence on my part. As I see my areas of weakness, doubts, fears and mortality - I face my fears  and my humanity with an humble, compassionate, non-judgmental, open and undefended heart. I don't fight fear, I open my heart in the face of fear.

I care for myself by believing and trusting in my faith, in a Higher power, and by casting my cares to the Lord.

List effective actions that revitalize your energy and spirit.

I work on having integrity b/t my words and my actions.

I have awesome supportive relationships. And I enjoy the good times, movie nights and popcorn, and having awesome dinners together! Morning tea with Irish cream...

I love learning and I learn something valuable everyday.

I enjoy connecting with people and I enjoy listening to them. I enjoy getting to know them, and appreciating them for who they are.

I have daily gratitude for all that I've been given!

Does love really change everything?

Love does not change things, but it changes me.

Love changes how I perceive and interpret the world. 

Love makes all things possible. 

The belief in love is the most amazing feeling ever... Parts of it were absolutely the greatest high light of my life. Truly unforgettable! 

Love changes me for the better!  

Love is a basic fundamental human need. Yes, absolutely, love changes everything!

I had a major realization this eve in regard to this topic:

->Quote ♡“When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

It is my strongest desire to take care of myself in a manner which assists me in being my healthiest self, so I  can best :

give to others.

I love the permission I've given myself on this site, in my life to get clear about who I am, what I need, and taking steps to move forward.

I know from past and present experience, this moment is all I have... and that is true for every other person on the planet. Love does change things. 

By loving myself, I allow myself the freedom to be imperfect, unclear, clumsy... so I can be the person I truly want to be.

By loving others, I know we are all doing the best we can until we decide or know how to do better.

I love when serving the public, caring for loved ones, and casual interactions... love is all there is. 

How do we identify with another living soul, if we don't love first?

How do we care about anything without love?

Yes love changes everything.

In response to Sacred Care's post: Yes, love changes everything. In response to Kathi's post: Resilience-What a great list. This has been one of the best Happiness Meetings I have attended and I have attended a lot of them. As I re-read each entry, even mine, I find more meaning and positive energy flowing through me. 

"...Love is all there is..."  That's amazing!

I just want to acknowledge you! You have just worked this extreme schedule for several months, and every single day, you never wavered on your commitment to serve your community from a place of love and a place of service! Bravo!! Now, I am really glad for you that you created limits and you communicated it in such a way that everyone supports you taking care of yourself and your values. I applaud your tenacity at your job and your ability to communicate and garner their agreement and their full support. Really wonderful!! 

Hi Poppy,

Thinking of you, and wanting to find something in the resilience vs self efficacy work that might be of benefit for you. You're certainly on my mind and in my heart! 

HUGS!!

So glad Poppy!

Thank you Kathi!

I think I will be utilizing this thread for awhile. 

It is allowing a lot of what I am needing. 

...still allowing...and processing as things show up

looking forward to sharing more next week ... on day off(:

affirmations:

I Engage In Intentional Habit Building

I Am gentle with myself while taking phenomenal care of me.

I fully embrace my life, exactly like it is.

I love myself entirely as I am.

affirmations-for-self-love-1024x553.jpg

I give thanks for this wondrous day.

I love how I allow my joy within... to refresh itself... with each new moment.

I am so happy and grateful for the inner peace and joy in my life. Thank you for my freedom to make choices and to simply be a free soul in this wonderful world.

When I arrive home from my day, my mind, body, and spirit transform into

a beautiful meditative state

I love how patient, loving and kind I am with others after a full day.

Delightful giving to my self gives exponentially to all.

So many other gifts come from this perfect energy.Delightful present that gives exponentially!!! 

My selfcare practice is really growing-from the inside out.

Am I always feeling -great?

No! 

That is the good news.

By being in touch with what I feel, and how I'd like to feel I'm opening doors to my self , the life I will love, and will have more of what I truly desire to give to others.

People may or may not see changes in us, though it us that must be  responsible in seeing what we are really asking for.

If we don't do this, we will always be defining ourselves to others, rather than being an example of how we'd like to live or what we want to give to ourselves and others.

I'm grateful for all the hard work that came up for me in my life... energetically and with specific activities. 

The road I'm on may sound familiar to myself, though it is new... because times are always new. As we grow older - some things may stay the same as what we say we want for ourselves... though it will not be the same with each new set of circumstances with each new life stage passage.

Does that mean, we never want feedback/input/validation from others.

No!

It simply means to be mindful of ourselves as a growing practice needs to take priority, so when we are receiving feedback from others... we can weigh things out from our heart and soul place rather than a repetitive mind place -that only knows the most repetitive thought you tell it.

I will joyously proceed from the wonderfully created new spaces which I have allowed and made room;self care is a beautiful way of life!

late morning

• This morning was an incredible morning.
  • I took time as I generally do to allow what my spirit was needing.

I needed to prepare myself for work. I wanted to do what is needed at work for myself and those I serve

• I 'worked' from the place I was ... still getting better from a bit of burn-out
  • After using some self care tools ( letting go, checking in with myself, affirming, writing, eating something healthy: I began to feel the love I deserved from myself to support and validate what I needed
  • I needed a lot before I went to work today... before 'doing it again' so to speak...
  • I didn't like the energy of feeling service, giving, as  doing it again... versus being from a loving place of serving others
  • I felt a more grounded shift taking place
  •  I felt this was part of a beautiful process!
  • I have now opened myself to greater love for myself to give greater love to others!
  • It became evident (in a stronger, more clear way that I must  be on track for me for all else.
  • Such a repetitive mantra this must sound like, though never more true
  • ~

right before work

Though, what I also realized -

everything I had felt that led up to my more healed place ... was still my authentic self-being

• I just had to accept the course I needed to take as I allowed myself regeneration 
  • Before work... even more peaceful,more grounded, feelings of unbroken...more complete, and now harmonious

for me

and to serve others.

I am healing from not caring enough in my own direction while servicing others.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHxMdzkK7MmX1Tb03fUsb0HVaSpLcAuSiArjd3PeW_fpJJscf8vA&s

~

evening

Today was a great day at work!

can't wait to tell you more

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg0uMoJhNyBXGpMrZDAheqRu-0XzPGpv6TkuUFHlTBGWL_TjvT6A&s

Today was another infusion day. It went much smoother. Only 3 hours and nurses were very attentive and supportive. Afterwards, we had time to eat lunch before I had to get to work. Sitting in the infusion lab where there are sixty chairs and a minimum of 30-40 people of all ages undergoing chemo treatments makes one aware of how precious life is and how easy it is to live if you are cancer free. Seeing so many fighting for their life, being so courageous, dealing with so much physical and emotional pain inspires me to fight for my own good and to do whatever small kindnesses I can for others. I think it odd to be so energized from the experience. So today I started some simple beginning yoga poses for my own health, energy, and spirit. Kathi talked about resilience and I think we all could benefit from taking a hard look at that list and taking some action for ourselves and/or others. 

I'm so glad things went smoother(:

As I was reading your day today, it didn't sound odd at all how you could be energized from this experience.

When our hearts connect with the fragility of life, our spirit reminds us we give because we love, we love because that is our purpose.

And oh yes -connecting

with what builds onto our resilience

-energizes our capacity to  be the love we are

from our deepest places - to demonstrate everyone matters.

much love always,

selfcare

PS

In response to Poppy's

love how you stated:

So today I started some simple beginning yoga poses for my own health, energy, and spirit. Kathi talked about resilience and I think we all could benefit from taking a hard look at that list and taking some action for ourselves and/or others. 

You recently suggested to take a good 'hard look' at the wonderful resiliency list Kathi posted,

what I truly discovered:

I was so 'filled up'

• with still getting through my work schedule/ work life balance
  • that  my time off  was focused on centering myself to be where I needed in the rest of my world {daily living with my  my lil' family unit}
  • This is actually the first moment I've had to truly do more than enjoy 'taking in a beautiful skim of the list'

I am in my week 2 of  my better schedule, though still in recovery mode.

I now desire to truly focus on the list 1 suggestion at a time.

Thanks again , Kathi for sharing the list, and  thank you Poppy for the additional prompt!

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here's a related quote I love by Molly Gordon:

Life Coach Molly Gordon asks Where am I in respect to this moment? Where am I in respect to me? What is the moment calling from me?

Going to start with:

-being connected to self/others.

This is the area I know I give myself the greatest permission for

Being connected with self is what I do daily when I get up in the early hours of the morning  when my hubby is still sleeping.

I also do this after I've napped and before beginning new activities. 

Its a precursor to a better relationship with myself and others.

I am simply quiet and go to my heart place and can feel the peace of the moment, and  'hear'
my spirit and what it is is calling to me to hear.

I know why I'm doing this and I give myself all the space and time I need. 

I know this is a wonderful foundation for me to be able to be open to others, so I am peaceful about how ever long it takes 
Often after this quiet, I stay with me, and pray and or find words that add to my affirmation practice. 

I don't push away feelings, I am quiet with them, and compassionate with me.

Initially I was hearing some things that I discounted with my harried schedule, because I felt I had no choice with my work mode...and I simply had to make do and give with a happy heart. 

Glad, I made the decision to truly listen that my health came first.

link to Resiliency List
{will return}

Poppy, thank you for your post. I think that what you saw in the other people in the clinic, the fact that you saw their strength and their courage says a lot about you. The fact that you were able to find inspiration from others who are also dealing with chemo is -- amazing... You have an amazing heart and a pure spirit. I am truly humbled by who you are... and your kindness is so genuine. 

I want to spend more time looking at specific things about resilience. The more I look at it, I notice that, in part, at some level, for me, there is a physical part. Momentum. There is also a spiritual element, more like a spiritual current, that you feel when it is connected, and when it is disconnected... I think joy feels similar. There is definitely momentum with joy, and there is also spiritual connection present. Like joy, there is a universal experience that we all share and understand about joy. You can feel the joy of others just by looking at a picture. I think there is one really big target, and that is "now", and nothing else matters. Like running a marathon but each step forward feels better and better and better until its all about making the most of right now.

Hi Kathi!

I truly want to acknowledge your thoughts and  get back to concepts of resilience (and the wonderful  detailed list you posted...)

though first, would like to express some more things that are surfacing for me. :

• I mentioned the other day -it was 'just week 2 for me' with better schedule, though what I hadn't mentioned (because it had just occurred), I still am being called in to help out here and there...on a day I was off due to short-handedness (staff sickness and vacations of others) 

Good News

• The good news is I am feeling  better, and my time and my life seem to matter more to others.
  • How did I arrive at my why of feeling better?My now:I  acknowledged I was heard, and it mattered.At work: I often end up "ignore" -that my needs are not understood ... or at times just don't matter in the 'scheme' of things (like in my particular business situation).
  • And sometimes some very basic things I need are not addressed... because of an overall energy of 'everyone' feeling overworked- words were just feeling  useless.
  •  Epiphany-even with my my schedule change since my big  reveal that  I wouldn't/couldn't work 'that way' anymore... I found out  my self care needs mattered, not just that I am liked and appreciated. And while I am so pleased-that I was heard by others, I'm even more pleased that I heard me.

At the start of this Happiness meeting and throughout my posts-

I have a  theme...the importance (to me) of self care.

Actually all over this site... I don't let up on the topic (smile)

To me essence of resilience is synonymous with the best care-giving imaginable you can give yourself.

I may sound black and white on the topic when it comes to giving to others... Though depending on what has been eliminated from ones life, will determine how unable we become, or less able, or less desirous to give to others the way our heart wants to (in a service oriented job) and when we are give and take situations with others more personally. 

It becomes time to step back and reflect and assess the routines of self care and true time for oneself. 

Because it matters so much to me to give well to others... I couldn't imagine (at my stage of life) having the "energetics" of  giving in well rounded ways to others... if I was slacking on myself. 

I know that I know, with my whole heart that self care is one of my highest values-because giving and being available for others and myself  is beyond 'way up there' for my purpose... It is my purpose.

And... what has surfaced for me on this thread, is the revisiting of what is a selfcare enthusiast? I have a beautiful article on the topic, I will soon link to. Actually, it is where I first saw the quote this meeting centered around in the intro.

It is my hope everyone continues to keep a personal focus as we do on these meetings, and hear one another as we do... and acknowledge of course... though to keep allowing whatever it is to surface for what is personal to us. 

For me, at this time... this is a very very meaningful happiness meeting- It is going to the core of what helps me -be me- for all that matters to me- for me and way beyond myself.

In response to Sacred Care's post: In response to Kathi's post: In response to Poppy's post

I don't think I'm alone with -this going to 'the core' of who we are and getting more in touch with our highest values. To go to this 'place' is such awesome reinforcement for living our values with  the most loving demonstrative inspired life.

I love you all, and am feeling so grateful for this highly personal and rewarding focus.

I want to spend more time looking at specific things about resilience. The more I look at it, I notice that, in part, at some level, for me, there is a physical part.

Momentum. There is also a spiritual element, more like a spiritual current, that you feel when it is connected, and when it is disconnected...

I think joy feels similar. There is definitely momentum with joy, and there is also spiritual connection present.

Like joy, there is a universal experience that we all share and understand about joy. You can feel the joy of others just by looking at a picture. I think there is one really big target, and that is "now", and nothing else matters. Like running a marathon but each step forward feels better and better and better until its all about making the most of right now.

love this, Kathi!

thank you Poppy! Not just on this thread, though your inner purpose theme - of giving and kindness. You/it reinforces the place none of us want to lose sight of ... no matter what.

Inspiring-Quotes-by-Mother-Teresa3-min.jpg

Bravo to you for your 2 week marker.

I totally see that communication is our greatest asset. You were very effective  in this situation, and you shaped their listening. The fear is - are they always going to cave in and cut in and essentially over ride your request for 2 days off in a row. Its really not surprising that they're unprepared and unstructured to maintain this agreement.

One suggestion is to email them a memorandum of agreement. This makes a record of their agreement and solidifies boundaries so that they take whatever steps are necessary to honor this agreement.

3 C's: communication, coordination and cooperation. 

Give and request feedback, and request the same of them. Encourage the existence if a feedback loop for the purpose of identifying areas of improvement and developing an action plan . These structures support the team to meet important goals and increase excellent care.

Some organizations are not open to change, and they are resistant and inflexible to addressing performance improvement. They lack leadership and they will not be able to compete or maintain quality staff who produce and respond to market dynamics. 

I applaud all the leadership qualities that you are influencing! Huge contribution!! 

Sometimes leadership is resisted, and its challenging and its thankless. Having the ability to communicate and allow them to be a positive part of leading for progressive and dynamic change is the direct result of effective communication.

I appreciate you hearing me and your kind connective support.

I just want to reiterate, the most meaningful part to me that I've stated though probably wasn't as clear as I could've been

because I was in the midst of the most necessary shift

that I had  been desiring  presented as I was writing .

And that was when I said

"I heard me"

For some time ... I've tried to recapture a certain self care energy which was beyond "self motivated" 

I couldn't go back there-because the purpose of my going there

is for where I am at in the present and not  the reasons I motivated myself before.

I was so focused back then 

My efforts were so complete.

I created the change in me that felt like "I could move mountains"

Today:

I am at least 10 years older than when I had that amazing discipline. I am back.

My purpose now feels unshakable.

When I was asked to help out the other day at work, it was totally on my terms... that was another thing I neglected to mention.

I am sure I will need to reinforce my revelations to continue from here... 

My motivation is totally in the present-getting my energy from my now

I won't be trying to recreate an energy, motive, intention, a desire from my past. It is for and from my now.

I have shifted.

10a3145ee51f764cf78e2712223ed2d3--holy-spirit-free-spirit.jpg

In response to Sacred Care's post

Yes, thanks, I actually did catch that: "I heard me." I should have acknowledged that because it is empowering and I'm really thrilled and Im proud of your strength and courage. And, your honesty. I think that they were also inspired and they responded in kind.

Thank you also for taking the time to address a business angle of gaining support. And you're not wrong, its just not the easiest for me to detail or generalize.You know me, as much as I attempt to  specify things to be  open, I'm not one to go into a lot of  clear personal detail on a public forum.

Actually as open as I am with those I'm close to, much of my experience is rarely heard - unless 'something happens' that requires inner or outer change.

It isn't as much about trust... as it is allowing and living takes up much of my space. 

Happiness meetings have served a unique purpose for me- because I'm digging deeper for what I desire and how I'd like to feel, and "manifest" experiences. 

It is important that I respond for myself and to you ... generally.

So here goes:For my particular circumstances - I do agree, communication is our greatest asset. This is especially true because of the length of time I have been with my large company and my consistent performance speaking well of me. I have always given beyond what is expected and done so from my heart with little expectation. 

For my particular circumstance, It isn't really about professional communication there as it is letting go, faith and timing.

I  have always kept  the goals of the company(big picture) and the personalities I immediately work with clearly in my mind.

Depending on the "times" - addressing things there, has had a personality of its own(:

I know I've used what I've learned from other places... (and my time with this company with all its transitions corporately and within).I have considered the different types of leadership and accountability...Though, it has been important to focus so much more on myself and deciding on a situation by situation with the question- "How important is it?" to 'speak up about anything.

I weigh things even more now - in keeping my job and my health. And as important as providing for my family is... my health comes first, so being a giving member of my household gets the good it deserves.

I am so grateful I can tell you it all is working out... gratefully and progressively. Doing more than I thought possible at work-recently... was a very good thing. I found out about my limits and those that belong to others. Much change is going on in the company and as 'lucky' as  they are to have me ... I am "lucky" to still be there after much time there ( with current major changes going on... that are unclear and uncertain).

At this time, my  thinking about making changes within the company for the company ... hasn't been  my focus.

Although, it seems as I have let go, allowed more faith and believed in a timing from a Higher Place....All of 'this' has led to much growth for my self... that is being utilized at my place of business and for my infamous future.

I speak of my future in kind of an obscure way... because for the first time in my life, I am not thinking of my resume as a way to plant everything I have ever done as much as I am desiring to list interpersonal and intrapersonal  transferable skills...which  years of personal growth have become greater tools than the workforce itself

My mind has been on retirement, passive income, and being of service in ways that are unique to my skill sets. 

And your right much of what is done in business for the bigger picture with all levels of a company can be considered thankless.

I am glad appreciation of myself has always been more intrinsic. Funny thing about that, the more intrinsic I have allowed "for what I've needed " -the more longevity I seem to have with sometimes a unique set of circumstances and personalities...over the years.

I appreciate your kudos. I know you know some of the outcome positively and negatively that have occurred. And now I am seeing it all as rich experience!

At this stage of things, my intention is 1 focus- taking care of me -so I can give to large number of people in various environments. 

In response to Sacred Care's post: In response to Kathi's post

At this stage of things, my intention is 1 focus- taking care of me -so I can give to large number of people in various environments. 

My last boldly typed statement in post above  is a testament of my shift as compared to beginning of meeting.

I went from - the desire to serve large #'s of people being something I valued, though truly wanted to take it down a notch by balancing out how much I do for others versus myself. 

And really that hasn't changed at all. Though everything feels fresh and new..I have recommitted to my selfcare and reconnected with my purpose. 

BalanceScaleAnimation.gif

Just by permitting myself the understanding of why selfcare is imperative to all that matters to me, 

I have allowed all that matters to me to gain recognition from myself.

And by recognizing this- I communicate this through how I live and will live my life.

And having at least 2 days off in a row hasn't hurt(:

->Quote ♡“When I care for myself I am preparing the ground to care for my family, my work, and the world” ~ Gail Straub

In response to Poppy's post and wonderful focus questions:

looking forward to returning here... after recent changes(:

I hope others join in... on the thread, or 'just for themselves' (:

• ~Funny thing on the way to my shift(: Your wonderful list can now be utilized as a checklist I can say I have experienced with recent 'developments" (:

Resilience

• -being connected to self/others.
  • -being flexible with self/others.
  • -Greater awareness of self/others. 
  • -being open; being open to being open...
  • -being able to make realistic plans and take action to meet goal(s).
  • -Being able to manage strong feelings.
  • -Review your ability to address challenges.
  • -Being able to unite people, priorities and projects. 
  • -Perseverance: action oriented and trusting in the process.
  • -Inner control: Trust the control that you have in your life.
  • -Being more proactive in dealing with stress factors that you can improve upon.
  • -Looking for and apply solutions that increase feeling/experience of having a greater sense of control. Identify the places where you feel you feel powerless/stuck and make slow but steady improvements that start giving you empowerment and freedom.
  • -Perspective: Able to recognize mistakes and learning from them. Choose how you could grow and be a better person from this experience. 
  • -See obstacles as challenges and allow adversity to help you to grow and feel stronger.
  • -Support: Building and creating a support system. Let people know you for who you are!
  • -Being able to communicate with others and solve problems.
  • -Being optimistic: seeing things from a positive perspective and believing in their own strength.
  • -Sense of humor: Emotionally recover and laugh at life' difficulties, alter the way the body reacts to stress.

• -Smile. A lot!

• -Learn something from every single experience. Fall in love with learning and keep growing/glowing!

• -Take action.

• -Have a sense of purpose; do things that give your life meaning. 

• -Improve physical health. Eat really well!!

• -Express your emotions and leave aside the tension.

• Face your fears! *  Be unstoppable!

Experiences on this thread have truly been varied. I want to thank you for your openness. I know I said it before, though I desire to repeat that now. It is unique speaking about work/life balance with the knowledge of your day to day. I am so grateful for the lessons of love you continue to share!

As always I am hoping today is a manageable day for you and Carol.

Affirmations on resilience!

(Please note, the authors of the following affirmations are not included.)

~ I am a powerful creator.

~ I am worthy of loving. There is love all around me.

~ Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals.

~ We become the means of our own enlightenment.

~ I am unyielding - to get the best out of me.

~ I surrender all struggle.

~ I allow myself to be supported and loved. I love myself enough to be in this position and I trust in loves' process.

~ I see opportunity everywhere.

~ Greatness is a journey that begins with the impossible and ends with the unforgettable.

~ I am totally empowered to create and hold my inner peace. 

In response to Kathi's post: beautiful  selections!

Thank you for sharing them here!!

Vironika-Tugaleva_04_mini-1024x1024.jpg

Affirmations On  Recent Self-Care Shift -Which Include Resilience & Inspired Action 

* I needed to post this 24 hours ago, but alas, I was asleep. It’s never to early or late to open up your heart, listen and take action.

In response to Kathi's post:In response to Sacred Care's post: In response to Sacred Care's post:

Who would have believed Gail Straub’s quote, “When I care for myself...” would be so personally meaningful to each of us. Our stories are so different and yet we all seem to arrive at common grounds. 

“I think there is one really big target, and that is "now", and nothing else matters. Like running a marathon but each step forward feels better and better and better until its all about making the most of right now.” —Kathi 

“I have opened myself to greater love for myself to give greater love to others!” —Sacred Care

“I must take care of myself first. I cannot take care of others if I don’t first take care of myself.” —Poppy

1:30 AM Sunday morning

In response to Sacred Care's post: In response to Poppy's post: In response to  Kathi, Flowergirl and Nancee...

Poppy, I love this: 

It’s never too early or late to open up your heart, listen and take action.

What an awesome affirmation that makes too!

I was very moved by all you wrote, and all that has transpired from this meeting.

I trust you guys so much!

Often when I wrote, I wrote from  'a mess of experience' ... that was making its way from my spirit onto a forum page. Experiences that had been compressed into the desire to decompress.

Often when I wrote, there were  no intelligible easy to read summations ...

I wrote at wee hours of morning ... before sleep and as I was waking before a meal... and as I carved time before I walked out the door to work... 

You all let me be, as I was... to be who I desired to be.

So much Good  has occurred during this very short time, that I am filled with peace, love and gratitude... and inspiration for things that personally matter to me. 

The ripple effect has reached my lil' family unit, my work where I serve many... and the small team I work with. 

thank you everyone!

love, selfcare

In response to Poppy's post::

“It’s never too early or late to open up your heart, listen and take action.”

link to new affirmation created by Poppy

http://bmindful.com/affirmations/46081>

In response to Poppy's post: In response to Sacred Care's post

Poppy, I dearly love your affirmation!

It’s never too early or late to open up your heart, listen and take action.

Sacred Care, what a great happiness meeting. I feel my heart is smiling in absolute appreciation as I re-read recent posts on this thread.

This is truly wonderful... I am grateful for the many ways that these meetings are meaningful. They are a source and a wealth of wellbeing, illumination, creation and manifestation. 

I am inspired by both of you and when I listen to how you are both opening up and taking actions that address your needs and at the same time, you are making other adjustments and improvements on all that you do for others who rely on you. You both give so much, and here you are, taking impeccable care of yourself so that you can continue to be a source of strength and comfort for others! 

I look back over all of the scores of memorable threads, and I look at the overall condition that my physical, mental, emotional and etheric body are in. I step back and I appreciate the fluctuations and the sensitivity of my/others' various energy.

I am so thankful for the gift of time and space.

I am grateful for all of the contribution and the healing and the peace that I am surrounded by, today. Even as my life is not perfect, I am so grateful! I embrace this peace and all that this peace is giving to tap into abundant health. Total, absolute, abundant health and vitality...!

I am finding a new space to celebrate all of these gifts! 

Look at all of our words, our works, our willingness, our growth, the incredible generosity, and our listening! And, the creativity, the actual creation and manifestation of our life and its expression.

I love the view and the velocity of overcoming both adversity and all imperfections! (Physical and environmental).

In this view, external conditions do not stop me from experiencing profound peace, abundant health and gratitude!

In response to Kathi's post: In response to Kathi's post: In response to Poppy's post

no time in this moment to share, though these beautiful posts have inspired my heart.

will return tomorrow, wanted to leave a little selfcare-thing for now(:

THREAD INSPIRED BY THIS HAPPINESS MTG!

Affirmations I created upon waking this morning:

I also like this one a new member (taurusrisinghealing) posted last night:

I can definitely feel the momentum in your words! I am thrilled for you!! I love your resilience and your joy is contagious!!

Congrats! Love your affirmations!!

Thank you, Kath!

I am taking a moment this early morn to acknowledge the 'twists & turns' that have added to my momentum. 

I am so glad I do not always equate struggle with 'issues'.

I am thankful for the time and energy that I have allowed to see what matters to me.

I am so grateful for that desire to 'keep on going'

I am strengthening. And once again I thank you for seeing and hearing me. 

Thank you too, Poppy!

The time was right for me to be more open -with various themes that were presenting for me... at my workplace, and in life in general.

A 'theme' takes awhile to present when 'you' are desiring to just live from your spirit place.

People places and things do have an energy of their own. It was important to not only revitalize my own energy-'differently' -though also with the sameness (consistency) and Light that never changes inside.

Thank you, Kath!

I am taking a moment this early morn to acknowledge the 'twists & turns' that have added to my momentum. 

I am so glad I do not always equate struggle with 'issues'.

I am thankful for the time and energy that I have allowed to see what matters to me.

I am so grateful for that desire to 'keep on going'

I am strengthening. And once again I thank you for seeing and hearing me. 

Thank you too, Poppy!

The time was right for me to be more open -with various themes that were presenting for me... at my workplace, and in life in general.

A 'theme' takes awhile to present when 'you' are desiring to just live from your spirit place.

People places and things do have an energy of their own. It was important to not only revitalize my own energy-'differently' -though also with the sameness (consistency) and Light that never changes inside.

In response to Sacred Care's post: True-courage-quote-by-John-Petit-Senn.png

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content