login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Out of Your Comfort Zone

It is very easy to get stuck in a pattern of habit that is very comfortable. Lately I have been very bored with my routines and wanted to shake my life up a bit without bringing too much drama into it. Somewhere I was reading about stretching your comfort zone if you want to take your life to another level. It gave me an idea. I am interested in what you do that takes you out of your comfort zone.

For me, it was signing up for a college level Arabic language course. I have taken many “for fun” Arabic classes, but never committed to a class that will actually put a grade on my transcript. (The perfectionist in me does not want to mar my 4.0 GPA by taking a ‘hard’ class). So, starting in September, my happy camper little tushy will be finding its way into a college classroom for the first time in five years.

So, now, I am passing the baton on to you. What will YOU do to stretch yourself? What makes you sweat a little with anticipation? Feel butterflies in your stomach? Question your ability? Well, I challenge you to DO IT!!! Oh, and write back and tell me. :) ((PLEASE))

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hello MM,

Congrats on school! You’ll do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to tell ya, I pretty much live out of my comfort zone. I confront lots that I really need to do. I lay out foundations for new things and build and build.

This site is one of the tools that I use, to keep myself from making myself ridiculously uncomfortable while being out of my comfort zone(:

I push myself all of the time to learn more for myself and in settings, that I take risks in.

I am studying for an exam that will lead to certification at my job currently with reciprocity elsewhere. it’s also decent info for other work I’m interested in. It is filled with info I am interested in, and some that will take some true-bottom up learning.

Many other things I’m working on are more at a foundation level (career and just business of living stuff). I am also thinking of going back to finish my Masters. Timing isn’t quite right yet.. When things begin to take more shape, I will be less mysterious about it(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh my God MM and Laurie – we are so on the same page.

I just wrote a whole long reply about how I have decided to stop beating myself up about not finishing my dissertation for my masters and deciding to just go do it – for own satisfaction…..but I tapped the escape button and lost it.

In bullets therefore:

-Harbouring resentment against self – incomplete masters.
-No longer in this field of work – but do it for me.
-Personal development and own study has got me thinking about the master’s and related topics (i.e the shadow archetype).

- Realising that my ability to learn is one of my gifts.

- Deciding to better my career by doing a simple course to get me further up this ‘new ladder’ in the chosen path.

- Getting out of my comfort zone in this job that doesnt challege me and GO FIND MY NEXT CHALLENGE!

-STOP BEING BORED AND GO GET MYSELF THE JOB I DESERVE.

In a nutshell – cant believe I lost my entire revelation speech!!

But basically this thread has just come about at the most opportune moment for me. I am looking at options of re-training at the moment, and have written to my old college lecturer who has retired, but hoping she will still nurture my love of writing and give me a chance to finish that masters – without credit, simply for my own sense of achievement.

A full and thankful heart..

YOU GO ANOUSHKA!!! I am behind you 100%… :) Besides, wasting away at a job that no longer nurtures you is not good for your soul!! Go Anoushka! Go Anoushka! Go Anoushka! Wooo HOOO!!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Wow you all are great! I am pretty much living in my ‘Comfort Zone’. I have been thinking of getting out of it but never mastered the courage. This thread gives me some inspiration and I do hope I am able to test my will power in the remaining 10 days in this month. Will get back on this issue after 30/8/09.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Mentors can be great! You can have as many as you need. No one person can mentor you in “everything” (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This summer i made a thing called, “My Summer of Transformation” and one of my goals was to step out of my comfort zone. I am a very shy person so some of my goals were to go out and try new things (things that i normally would never do), also meeting new people, going to workshops/classes on my own without a friend etc. I was uncomfortable doing these things but in the end my discomfort faded and new opportunites opened up and i grew with them.

May you be Blessed

In response to SONIA’s post:
In response to Sypress1313’s post:

YAY!! Keep it up!! Stepping out of your comfort zone is the quickest way to EMPOWER yourself.

Seems to be a good book:

The Path of Least Resistance-Learning To become A Creative Force In Your Own Life by Robert Fritz

Know what you want to create, know what currently exists, learn as you go.

Experience the discovery of it all. Newness dissipates and action proceeds as you begin to get it together. Something about this moment leads to the next project (confidence and info are only a couple of your rewards).

There is a spirit in creating.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Sypress1313’s post:
I can relate to this. Because personally I too am very shy and when asked to do something I back out because I feel I dont have the calibre or strength to do it. Also I have noticed that people much less capable than me but more courageous or outgoing are able to gather all the accolades and medals.
I too want to get over my shyness and hesitation. I also want to tell them I can do it. I would liked to be remembered as a person of great value to the system because of my knowledge…..

Whatever you do in life, find reason to shine for you and your understanding of God. You and God are always present. Being true to yourself is a primary foundation for all things. Ask yourself questions like: what do you want? What do you need? Be there for yourself to shine for you to you. Remember you already shine, so all else you do will only add more character and promise.

Glimmer on..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Wisdom to me is more important than knowledge (info). And you must know you impart much wisdom from the heart here regularly. I for one, get much out of your posts! And I thank you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This website may be a good confidence builder for you. People read what you have to say and learn from your knowledge. You have contributed much wisdom to many threads. Take that step and build from it and you will be receiving accolades in no time at all.

Here is a trick that I play on myself often when I feel uncertain or shy about my knowledge compared to others. I just tell myself that I am only “playing the role” of expert. I pretend that I know what I am doing and let my actions reflect that certainty. Pretty soon I begin to believe more and more in myself and people reflect that confidence back to me. It is an easy way to build up my courage in scary situations. It’s amazing how you can trick your brain.

BTW – I am not saying to act like a know-it-all, I’m just saying to remind yourself that you are not as inept as your negative self tells you. Your TRUE SELF knows and by role-playing, it can come out without as much fear.

In the collection of short films Paris Je’Taime – 1 story was about a middle-aged man about to divorce his wife, but she tells him she has a terminal illness, so he doesn’t leave her but stays & cares for her. In pretending to be a man that loves his wife he becomes a man that loved his wife.

We become what we first pretend, this is how I get over my shyness, I try to play the role of a confident person, not to be false but to speed up the process of getting the ‘real me’ out.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
In response to laurie- does first things first~‘s post:
Thanks Laurie and MM for the support and encouragement.
Actually to share with you sometimes when I read my contributions to the various threads I am amazed at the flow of thoughts and words!!! I never I knew it could be me writing like this. I sincerely appreciate this site for the tremendous help at every step.
Thank you all of you.

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:

Well said, my dear!! It works magic!!

Hello everyone.

I don’t mean to ruin anyones goals but this is how I feel. I like being in my comfort zone because it makes me happy. For me when I am tired of being in the same place my subconscious mind gets up and gets going. That is how I made my first professionally recorded cd. It was something I always wanted to do and did it there are no time restraints for me when I am ready it happens. My path of least resistance has taken me naturally through different changes. At this point jobs and people are coming to me. Rarely do I say no because I don’t know if I will have that chance again. experiencing life whether good or bad.

My brother just became an author. It took him several years because he was doing the thing he loves to do relax after working for so many many years. It is up to each individual to do as they see fit for themselves. My lifes goal is to be content no matter where I am in life. Looking back and saying “yes I had a good life” is the best thing one can say.

Peace,
Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content