login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What's in YOUR backpack?

It is August and the children will be returning to school in a couple of weeks. This is my signal to start my biannual declutter – downsize project. I have to make room in my house for band instruments, laptop computers, backpacks, etc.

As I was filling bags and boxes to be donated, I remembered when my husband and I were first together (WAAAAY BEFORE KIDS). His policy was to only own what could easily fit in his backpack. Anything more would only hold him back. For him, that was a family tea pot as he enjoys his daily tea – and just enough clothes.

This lead me to think about how far we have strayed from this philosophy with our children. I began to wonder what, if anything, was important enough to be in THEIR backpack. After all, they have SO MUCH!

What about me? Could I do it? The responsible me thought about birth certificates, immunizations, passports, social security cards… But, beyond that… What would I keep that would only fit inside a backpack?

Of course, one thought after another, I decided this would be a good topic for bMindful. If you could release attachment to most of your belongings – except what could fit in a backpack… what would be left?

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

HI MM ((big cuddle)) Awesome thread!

Things in my backpack would have to be some of my memorable photos of my children, my Mum and Dad, my sisters and their family and my brother and his family. I know I cant live without my pencil case along with scissors, stapler, ruler etc so they would be in there too. My journal is a must. My address book. And My two affirmation books and the books The Secret and Power Is Within You. :-)

Oh my mobile phone, all my music is on there!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good topic – essentials: suncreen, mosquito repellent, water, change of undies, calculator (I know, I know, damn the accountant in me), something warm in case it gets cold at night (sign of getting older), swiss army knife with corkscrew, a good book to trade for another…

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I’m not at home right now and got here with a BACKPACK :)

I packed clothes, my laptop, mobilephone + digital camera and chargers, knitting (made a sock for my macbook), my shakuhachi, toiletries and my mandala art book and pens.

Focus

I am so like you PE. My photos are very important to me… except my photos are all in photo albums… I have several very large bookshelves dedicated to photo albums. I’m 40+ years old, so there is a lot of history there. I’d probably choose the one that my brother made for me with pictures of my mother and other family members who have since passed on. That one is a true treasure. Plus, my brother put in a genealogy tree dating back to the early 1700’s. That was waaaaay cool. I had pictures of family members from the 1800’s to then-current. My brother was so thoughtful to do that for me.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’m flying to US at end of the year & I notice I can take 2 × 20kg bags. That seems unusual to me, I seem to remember everywhere else one can only take 1 × 20kg bag. Do Americans need more stuff????

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Oh, I think consumerism rules here. Sometimes I find myself caught up in it and I have to ground myself. For my kids, I quit television. That pretty much cured them instantly.

Great thread!

hand held tape recorder for notes, paper, pens, highlighter, audio book, music tapes,batteries reading glasses, “important papers”, cell phone,photos, Dr. Bronners peppermint soap, my strawberry toothpaste, grape shampoo, Burts Bees fig, papaya, raisin and watermelon lip gloss (: Do you feel like eating my items?

My brush-styling dryer, address book, 1 casual-nice dress, comfy jeans, pretty colored tops and big shirt to sleep in and the contents of my purse. I’m ready, where we going?

This thread is from 2009…wonder how we’d look at our backpacks today? (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I like this post, I’ll have to think about this for a while. Is this a survival pack, or a pack you use every day for getting around in “civilization”?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I’m going with 1 suitcase & coming back with 2!! Yay for cheap American consumer goods I say, clothes, shoes, electronics etc are so expensive in Australia so I’m praying for a high Aussie dollar in December & lots of sales.

(I used to travel with only 1 backpack & a swiss army knife, how things change…)

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:

What’s cheaper in Australia as compared to USA?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Healthcare – it’s free!

A great old

thread to think

about we value the most

💜 from

ages ago . 
will definitely give this thought in current times⭐️This thread is from 13 1/2 years ago & I still love it!

years ago I said :

hand held tape recorder (still true), my phone & a charger 

good assortment of non perishable healthy food 

water

affirmations 😂

to be continued 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My back pack would be inspiration so I can create a bubble around me from what doesn’t work for me  … From

inspiration I can allow the best , create better … and love more  

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Love is on my backpack & in my heart & soul!💖

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My backpack 🎒 today has my basics of self care & joyous Divine Wisdom to keep on keeping on

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content