login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★So how's your affirmations going?

I’ve been doing quite well, ok I am not certain I will ever be 100% percent reciting them as often as I should, besides that takes so much time. I work and do other things and besides if you don’t actually release them to the Universe they don’t work anyhow. (Louise Hay taught me that)

Anyhow I do feel more enlightened and happier doing them than by not having them in my life. I realize now that I am who I am and not my job or what others “put” on my in terms of their ideas as to who or what they think I am.

I am more confident in being me!

Be well

Kimberley

Bright blessings,Namaste and may you find Inner Peace and a wonderful journey.

Hello Kimberley, affirmations are going well. I don’t look affirmations as working “all of the time”.

What I do is plan a lot. Planning helps point me in directions of which type of affirmation to use. Wherever I see lack, I give myself a boost with an affirmation, or reframing the situation.

I believe when we simply strive to be the best we can feel that sense of getting better, better, and better. Affirmations and being less perfectionistic helped a lot for me with this.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Learningtoheal, my affirmations are working out for me extremely well as always, Im quite surprised in myself in how my mind keeps rambling off new affirmations exactly the moment I am in a situation that upsets me. Im alot stronger within myself since having added more affirmations to my list. Today I have spent the majority of the day singing, and in tune too lol, to my favourite music up loud whilst driving in the car! I am certaintly all boosted up with energy and magnaistism!

Affirmations are great and they work!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I use them they work, and I wonder why I don’t say them more often.

I have days when I forget to and fall back to old patterns, and other days when I consistently repeat affirmations and things go really well, but sometimes doing that can make me feel a little exhausted by the end of the day. Does anyone else feel like that? Maybe it’s just a case of when you’re tired you’re tired, and I do have a busy life.

One thing I did a few months ago was write down a commitment to change various things. Sometimes if I find myself “negative land”, I can pull myself back “to the light” by giving myself a stern talking to. I say “Viv – remember that commitment you made? Stop feeling like this you made a commitment” and strangly this gets me back on track. It feels powerful to recognize a situation for what it is and be able to switch just like that. This is a new thing for me, and I hope with practise it becomes as normal as breathing.

Good luck everyone.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
Hi vivi. I mentioned above how plannning helps me. It keeps me focused more, and when I notice a struggle I fine tune the affirmations and desire to use reframing and affirmations more. Hope that is something that helps you too. I like what you say about commitment. I know when I commit to something to others, it becomes a top priority. Looks like I will try that method with me for myself. thanks for idea

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I was just thinking about this very subject last night. I have a “system” that I use for my affirmations that I will share with you.

First of all, I love bmindful. This is where I log my “hot issues” – the ones that I am working on at present. It is also the ones that I feel are important to be reminded of everyday, because they are just an essential to living my life. I am not one of those who can handle too many affirmations at a time. My brain isn’t wired that way. I have to stick to an important few.

I have two index card boxes (purchased at a yard sale for 25 cents each, so we can recycle). One is for ALL of my affirmations, which I will get to later. But a very important one is for those that I have worked and worked and worked on, but not seen any success. I call it my SURRENDER BOX. The way I use it is that I write my affirmations (sometimes I word it as an issue I’m having) and I place it in the box and say this little prayer:

“Today I am going to surrender my concerns and difficulties to the Universe*. I will rest in silence and know that confusion will fall away. I will rest in the peace that I feel. I will have the courage to take the right action. I will feel at peace knowing that the way has been made clear.” Then, I forget about it and put it out of my mind – confident that the universe will resolve it for me. *You can use God, Angels, Spirit Guides, Holy White Light, whatever is your preference – but I like Universe.

Last night, I peeked into my surrender box. I was astounded at what I saw. There wasn’t one issue that hadn’t been taken care of to my satisfaction – or to my surprise – even better than what I was after. I must caution you, I wasn’t frivolous with my requests. These were things that were extremely important to me. I think that makes a difference to their success.

My other affirmations are in a separate box. I have them coded to be meaningful to me. I use color coded index cards as opposed to plain white ones. Each color has meaning to me.

As an example, green is for general life issues, such as I am at peace with what is – or – I am keeping my thoughts, language, and actions focused on what I wish to attract.

For my pink cards, I give myself instructions. Such as Take Action on your Affirmations (ie, action follows talk) or Pay Attention (ie for the universe to give me clues on how to achieve my affirmations).

Some days, I don’t know what to focus on. So, I have orange cards that I randomly choose and read. They say things like Inspiration – or – Trust – or – Change. These are general directions that I want to take on my affirmations.

My yellow cards are Life’s Little Instructions. On these cards, I have reminders, such as “Take Care of Yourself. Breathe. Get back into your body.” – or – “Simplify any way you can” – or – “Trust the process.” I use them to keep me focused on how I can achieve my affirmations.

Of course, I have purple cards for actual affirmations such as “Today I will meet good people” – or – “I authorize myself to accept the abundance and wealth I deserve”. I have dividers for what the issue is such as weight loss, finances, love, etc. I don’t do everything at once. I focus on whatever resonates with me at the time.

Everyone has their own “system”, but I thought I’d share a brief synopsis of mine. Maybe something in there will resonate with you.

Peace! MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Hi MM, how interesting that you brought up all of that color coding today! Yeah, I know (smiles), no coincidences. Not just in the area of affirmations, but something I do in connection with my affirmations needed some organizing, and I love your color coding ideas. Thanks so much for sharing all that you did!

You sound like someone who has some great organizing tips. Do you journal/and or record daily activities for reference? I am trying to come up with a little dated worksheet of sorts, to keep daily ideas and notes together, and some type of coding to flip through pages to easily bring things up. I know I could probably find a program for this; but I want to handwrite more and spend less time on the computer. If you come up with a neat idea for that, please share.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Wow that sounds amazing, can you come over to my place and organise me!

I am really interested in what other people do so if anyone else is reading this please share if you want to. All I do is repeat in my head the 1 thing I want to focus on for the day when I’m in the shower or riding to work or last thing at night. And I can only concentrate on 1 thing at a time! I noticed members have many many affirmations in their profile and was wondering how they work with it all.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
Hello Vivi! In response how do I work with all of the affirmations: whenever I can, however I can (smiles). Because I feel the mind is soooooooooo powerful, and we take in whatever we say to ourselves; we can’t have too many wonderful beliefs.

I cannot remember the number I read of how many thousands of things we say to ourselves a day with or without specific affirmations. So with affirmations we have a headstart on all the things we fill up our minds with being the absolute best of the best. On that note, there are several ways I utilize affirmations.

One thing I do, when I feel a connection or admiration to one of our bmindful members is to view their affirmations. And I let my gut be the one that chooses their affirmations from their profile for me. If I’m feeling I need to be more focused, all of the focus-type affirmations pop out at me. As I choose them for my list; I read and absorb. As I read, I feel change and turning the corner for things that are a little off that day.

I also print my affirmations out and read them like a Good News newspaper that is just for me, or share as agift for myself and spouse.

The act of making up my own new affirmations regularly fitting what I need feels effective also, and seeing them in that enlarged feed area is good too.

I also do something called the trans-por method that I had learned in the mid-70’s (from a hypnosis-type school), and a take-off from something someone taught from some mind-courses they had attended; at Silva.

1. From hypnosis course-I put an affirmation on a 3×5 card, drop into alpha state and read. Suggestions I use begin with an I AM.

2. From my friends’ course-I picture many things I currently am dealing with that lean toward the negative in one frame (blue), and all I want (in affirmation style) in another frame (white) to counteract all original debilitating type thoughts. I go back to blue frame and crash it or say cancel, and then quickly open my eyes and I’m left with only the best to get me directed and ready for the best of the best for myself.

Although, just to add more ways to use this, I’m thinking of adding a version of MeditatingMamma’s file system version. That could be fun and effective.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have a new affirmation, that is helpful

It’s:

Time is my friend

I’m amazed how time has determined so much for me.

When I make time ‘my friend’..I let it be a resource/instrument that works with all of my senses.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

i love this one Laurie as im one of the great time wasters/procrastinaters .Also love meditatingmamas idea of colour coding affirmaions .I had an idea to copy them on to cards and put them in a photograph album with a picture on the same page and leave it open a page a day where i will keep seeing it .I have bought the threads and material to start doing them in cross stitch – see the ideas are there just not started .

time is my freind – thats todays Laurie thank you ,love flowergirl

bumping this up as it is a great thread

I want to spend less time on pc and love doing creative things so I have the idea to start a journal /scrap book and maybe each day choose an affirmation ,write it and then paint ,draw ,doodle or stick in a picture ,photograph ,flower petals ,leaves ,add ribbons and anything else .Doing this will keep my mind focused on that one affirmation as it has a tendency to run off in a thousand different directions

I have a stash of notebooks ,art pads and craft items so it will also start me using them

In response to flowergirl's post:

I agree! great thread!

Image result for playing with the universe joy of affirmations pic

Image result for affirmations for  fun pics

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content