login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★FOOD as Medicine!!!

I received this as an e-mail, but for some reason, the cut and paste didin’t keep the images, which were very effective in the message. Anyway, below is the text.

It’s been said that God first separated the salt water from the fresh, made dry land, planted a garden, made animals and fish… All before making a human. He made and provided what we’d need before we were born. These are best & more powerful when eaten raw. We’re such slow learners…
God left us a great clue as to what foods help what part of our body!

God’s Pharmacy! Amazing!

A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye… And YES, science now shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.

A Tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers and is red. All of the research shows tomatoes are loaded with lycopine and are indeed pure heart and blood food.

Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.

A Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three (3) dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.

Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.

Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and many more look just like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don’t have enough sodium in your diet, the body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.

Avocadoes, Eggplant and Pears target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female – they look just like these organs. Today’s research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it b alan ces hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? It takes exactly nine (9) months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).

Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to overcome male sterility.

Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics.

Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries

Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.

Onions look like the body’s cells. Today’s research shows onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion, Garlic, also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals from the body.

This is great, thanks.
Have to find a replacement for sweet potatoes, they are rare around here.

…what a wonderful world….

Thanks for so much information. Its very useful.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

I found this absolutely facinating that foods protect the part of the body they resemble.

Ive just had some rasperries and notice they are heart shape. they contain vitamin C which ive just found out helps prevent heart disese among other things ofcourse.

enjoy life!

I read somewhere to use turmeric if you are having issues with bile/gall. It also suggested orange light for color therapy. Reading further, bile is yellowish oragnish and so is turmeric.

…what a wonderful world….

I’ve been eating lots of raw almonds lately because I suspect there’s not enough magnesium in food these days and maybe that’s what I need to sleep better — instead of waking up at 3am unable to get back to sleep. You know what? I think it’s working!

I’m enjoying this thread. Thanks all.
I am adding Flax Seed Meal to various recipes. It’s suppose to be benefitial for blood pressure, cholesterol and arthritis. Uh oh, this sounds like an old folks remedy – hmmm. Jitter Jan

In response to BKW’s post:

Thank you BkW I received the same email sometime ago but with yours there is much more info. Thank you it really helps. Working with herbs and spices has helped me to stay well except there are times when I eat too much tasty bad stuff.

Natural remedies is one of my passions. Recently there was some talk about Bosnian people and their natural remedies. That would be great info to have. So many cultures around the world have their healing techniques that really work.

Hello all! Additional benefits of turmeric in my reading are blood pressure, arthritis and heartburn. Don’t take on an empty stomach. I had been taking COQ1 at bedtime and I would wake up at 2 or 3 am with heartburn. After further reading about side effects, I switched to taking COQ10 in the mornings and am sleeping much better. I take this for blood pressure, migraines and gums.

December in Wisconsin, USA. High today in low 30’s Brrr – forcast is a blizzard – You betcha! Time for cayenne pepper. Good for blood pressure, cholesterol, metabolism, migraine & heartburn. Ya hey! belly up to the black bean and pumpkin chile bowl!

A mix of 1/2 glass of Indian Goosberry juice with 1 teaspoon of turmeric in the morning can keep diabetes under control.

can anyone help with ideas for reducing high b p and very high cholesteol (10),b p is 160/95 ,already on one b p pill ang g p wants me to have another and take statins which i dont want to take .I am overwieght and have been eating junk as well as not moving a lot due to depression but am going to take dogs for walks daily ,go back to vegan eating ( cutting out cheese ,pastry ,biscuits ) and will take spirulina .I welcome any ideas thanks ,love flowergirl

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

i have a mini trampoline but nowhere to put it .Have curved spine ( scoliosis ) and arthritis so need to be a bit cautious ,would love to do yoga and could join a class.Just remebered i have a bike in the shed
Iwas amazed at the difference food made to low mood and am prepared to give this 100% rather than take more meds .Have been comfort eating for years ,since became a single mum i eat lots of biscuits and a chocolate bar in bed around 6 a m and again around 11pm ,as thats when i felt emotions and forced down tears by eating ,its a habit that needs to go .Never thought of food in terms of hurting but its true .You dont mean kiwis the bird do you ?
wa
walks will be quite long about 3 – 5 miles .
“i take care of my body and feed it nourishing foods along with plenty of excersise

In response to flowergirl’s post:
I hope you find a way to use your rebounder (mini trampoline)

Yes, be cautious with conditions that say to.

And definitely trial and error things that will be ok, like the things you brainstormed about: yoga, bike riding

Yes food is something. It can make you or break you.

You can still have comfort foods..Just healthy ones..and moderation is still key.

Since you said which habits need to go, you’ve now begun(:

And in regard to kiwi’s..lol, the fruit only(: I learned only yesterday about kiwi also being a bird..(:

Your walks sound great!!! And I love your new mantra:
“I take care of my body and feed it nourishing foods along with plenty of exercise”

You are definitely on a great path..Go for it!!!!!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

going to clear outkitchen cupboards to make space for the healthy food to come in ,what better time to start new habits than january 1st .Its amazing the difference a positive attitude makes ,im so excited to do all this but a little while ago it felt like a huge task to even begin .I will try kiwi fruit ,not had that before.Love this new path im on

this thread is from 2009, a topic (as many know) close to my heart(:

site threads got filled with ads / didn’t want to lose its content 

Godscreation posted this

I keep the papaya seeds dry them and use them in place of pepper corns. You can grind them up and use them in your food. It tenderizes and stops you from having gas too.

Apple Cider vinegar has a wide range of health benefits. Lowering cholesterol, high blood pressure, weight loss, curing acid reflux and many more diseases.

apple cider vinegar

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

d55e7d720d3387d02d3ac8993d876237--healthy-sweets-healthy-food.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• FOOD as Medicine!!!

WHF{FROM WORLD'S HEALTHIEST FOODS/GREAT SITE}

Best Way to Add to Diet

Papaya is a rather versatile fruit, so feel free to use as a snack, breakfast addition or salad supplement. Finally, papaya makes a great fruit salad or compliments sorbet wonderfully. TO READ MORE -WHF

papaya {FROM EVERYDAY HEALTH }

papaya {FROM FOOD BABE}

papaya {FROM WHOLE FOODS}

colorful fruit { FROM DR. JOEL FUHRMAN}

papaya-966322__340.jpgpapaya-282980__340.jpgpapaya-3444160__340.jpg

papaya 101

papaya-42405__340.png

In response to Godscreation's post:

ANOTHER PAPAYA REFERENCE -THIS THREAD!post

Sonia posted this/ & was filled w/ ads too

Try a mix of honey and cinnamon powder for cold, cough, cholestrol and arthritis.
More info on:

http://healthmad.com/alternative/10-miraculous-health-benefits-of-honey-and-cinnamon-combo/

Sonia said:

I have tried it for hair loss, cold and cough. It has worked wonders.

Jan Fowler posted this:

Jan said;

she uses garlic as an anti-viral – feel a cold coming on – eat A LOT of garlic and go to bed!

Ginger is great for tummy issues – nausea, gas, bloating.

I once cured a terrible urinary tract infection using cranberry nectar – the real stuff – NOT OceanSpray cocktail. Celery works well too for UTI.

Probiotics have gotten alot of good press too – I’ve eaten yogurt for years for the beneficial bacteris – especially after taking a round of antibiotics.

Grapefruit helps regulate blood sugar – as does cinnamon.

NATURE can be so amazing. If we eat right and listen to our bodies, we’ll stay so much healthier!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content