login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Any Tea Drinkers?

How many of you get into tea?

I’m a big tea drinker, probably twenty odd cups a day. It’s usually black tea no milk, and often just a cheap dilmah extra strength or some such because drinking that much tea when your spending $20 on hand picked, rolled and blended infusions is not justifiable.

But, every two or three cups I’ll throw in something different. Once again, this might be a supermarket brand green tea, probably green and jasmine, but our cupboard is always full of at least a few more different teas.

Right now we’ve got:

• A brahmi infusion full of brahmi, licorice, cardamon, sandalwood, prune, clove, fennel and rose petals.
  • A delicious Australian made chai tea that I make in a pot with soy milk.
  • Of course some organic peppermint
  • A lemongrass and ginger
  • Some skullcap which isn’t so nice on it’s own but is a great at helping you to relax when added to other teas.

And we’ve just run out of a delicious strawberry and rose petal green tea, and the best batch of genmaicha I’ve ever had!

Aside from Dilmah’s old reliable, I also enjoy other black teas. Especially English and Irish breakfast and earl and lady grey.

Are you a tea drinker? If so what teas do you drink?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I love tea :)

I only drink 2 – 3 cups a day. The other times, I drink hot water.

I have an extensive tea collection :) Most of it organic. My favourites are:

Rooibos
Licorice
Peppermint
Fennel – clearing for the digestive system
genmaicha :) a staple and classic
Jasmine tea OH YEAH!
Earl Grey or Lady Grey

I have not the brahmi infusion, but my friend has it and I like it a lot, I like the rose and licorice in it. On my list for my next trip to Sydney.

Focus

Sencha green tea is my favorite.I hear its got the highest levels of polyphenols also.I use to drink about 8 cups a day but it was too much on the stomache for some reason.

Whilst we are on the topic of tea, this is the best looking tea pot I’ve seen.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I love tea especially green tea and oolong tea. I love Lipton too… nice and fragrant. I drink only one cup each day in the morning.

Having recently given up a very nasty soda addiction, I have replaced my constant companion of soda with tea. My favorite is Moroccan Mint Tea. It is a Pinhead Gunpowder Tea (such as Temple of Heaven) mixed with fresh mint leaves and organic sugar. I don’t like as sweet as they serve it in Morocco.

Here in Kansas, the weather is cold and windy and it makes for a nice drink during these winter months.

PS: I love the teapot! Have you heard of the way Turkish drink their tea? It is with a double tea pot. The top pot has kind of a thick syrupy tea and the bottom pot has the water and the guests are able to dilute it.

Here is a link to a picture of a Turkish teapot:

http://www.zamourispices.com/turkishteapot.html

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

i loooooove green tea

anyone tried Mate from Argentina and uruguay?

I have mate latte at the local Common Ground Cafe. It sometimes gives me headaches because of the caffeine.

Lee, I inherited a tea pot (huge) that’s gilt in gold and sits in an insulated basket with a lid. I will take a photo soon, but have a date now :) Late too!

Focus

I’m a big fan of lemongrass and Ginger right now but do miss a good milky black tea for dunking cookies :) mmmmm

My husband just turned me on to Turkish black tea… either Filiz or Rize both grown in the fertile Rize region of Turkey. It is strong, but I’d I think I’ll try it milky!! My eldest daughter drinks her tea with cream.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

We just bought some Clay Oolong Ginseng tea and my goodness mmmmmmmmmmm. It only needs to be brewed for a minute in the pot but WOW. Yum!

I love to find great tasting things that are good for you :)

ec6163d43b3f315af554a0becf2c9ccb--cup-of-coffee-coffee-break.jpg

love tea!(: I have a few favorites(: love this thread! I grew up having tea with meals…or after or just to socialize(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m really stuck into jasmine tea lately. I can’t really stand “normal” black tea anymore, it just sticks in my throat and makes me nauseas.

Laurie, yeah man, lets meet up and cook!

Focus

Hello All~ I was looking at Sonia’s new avatar and for some reason, it reminded me of my favorite summer time tea… Hibiscus tea. So, I thought I’d post a recipe. It is soooo refreshing in the summer.

HIBISCUS TEA (also called Jamaica Tea)

4 cups water
1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
1/2 cup sugar
Another 3 cups of cold water
More sugar to taste
Fresh Mint

Bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Remove water from heat and add the dried flowers and sugar. Place a lid over the pot and steep for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice along the way to break down the sugar granules.
Pour the infusion through a strainer into a pitcher or jug. Add about 3 more cups of cold water to the pitcher. Taste and adjust water or sugar based on your personal preference. Garnish with fresh mint.

• In Mexico, it is served with a twist of lime instead of Fresh Mint.

I love Jamaica Tea and sweeten it with Agave nectar. It also has wonderful health benefits too.

soothes colds
opens blocked nose
clears up mucous
astringent
promotes proper kidney function
helps digestion
general tonic
diuretic
helps reduce fever

“I eat at this German-Chinese restaurant and the food is delicious. The only problem is that an hour later you’re hungry for power.”
Dick Cavett

Peace,
Mary

I absolutely love tea!!! My favourite at the moment would be T2 Rose Green Tea, it’s lovely!! Some of my all time favourites are: French Earl Grey, Licorice, Detox (from T2 also) and I love Chai, but not as a tea, as a latte.

I’m very interested in finding out more about the ‘Jamaica’ tea. Our twin daughters are musicians/singer/songwriters and perform every week. One of them suffers from a blocked nose quite frequently so I’d be interested in finding out more about this tea and as to where I can buy it (I’m from Australia). :)

ohhhh tea – i love it .At the moment drink tetly tea with soya milk but my friend was telling me since she started drinking decaff tea she feels much better so im going to try out the many herbal / fruit teas i have in the cupboard .

I love the social side of tea ,sharing a pot of tea while having a chat,making someone a cuppa after bad news/upset , making a visiter welcome to your home with a brew ,its so much more than a drink ,love flowergirl

I don’t drink a lot of tea , more a coffee person.
Some sleepy time in the eve now and then.
I do find that I desire tea when not feeling well or coming down with something like flu symptoms.
I generally choose a green tea for the antioxidant.
I don’t know anything about tea or the different types of it but I do know when I tried a sample pack of different flavors that I don’t care for flowery smells or citrus flavors.
The ginger or cinnamon sounds nice.
When I do drink it I drink it straight , no sugar or milk.
My mother use to always have a kettle of heated water ready to make a cup of tea for company.
I suppose in this in your face want it right now world it would be nice to turn the instant coffee maker off and wait for the water to boil and have a good old fashioned cup of tea now and then.

loving tea...herbal

and regular

glad it has healthy benefits too

tea helps boost immune system919e80f8084b92771338aedaf5ffbbec--morning-mantra-sunday-morning.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Green tea all day every day . 

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content