login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★- -success within (a Happiness Mtg]

Topic: “I create success from within.”
Happiness Mtg Prerequisite:It’s really simple…The only requirement is caring about yourself and others.

• ~
    meeting created 10-21-15
    Pop in anytime of the mtg. or the day after… or day after.
Thread has a start date though never closes (edit as you like… the reflection questions are not meant to be answered in 1 sitting)
  • ~
  • logo for meeting

All members welcome!
Many of us tend to contribute to these meetings… We all inspire one another!

• ~
    The topic/affirmation was suggested by Kathi and she posed several thought provoking questions:

I thought that a good focus for exploration would be to ask our self about what meaning, or what our interpretation of success is.

What does that look like, or sound like to you?

Where does this question lead you?

Does your thought of success lead you towards something, or away from something?

What do you notice first- are you externally focused as a measure of success, or are you focused on inner success?

If you are aware of the area where most of your focus is currently at?

What about that focus do you like? Think of your joy, and how to increase it…

What in your life brings out your purest or greatest JOY

Is failure the opposite of success? And if so, what role does it play in creating success?

What trait or actions are the commonality of highly successful people?**

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

communication which led here in case anyone else would like to share about these thread meetings(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I know it is a few hours early, but It must be tomorrow somewhere…
Here are a few quotes from our friends to help get us started thinking about success.

“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
Henry Ford

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
Abraham Lincoln

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
Winston Churchill

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
Albert Schweitzer

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

a foundation-idea for success
Success within…is to be true to myself in growing ways…and therefore more true to my values and others I connect with.

When connecting with our personal everything …everything becomes a transferable skill (: love,selfcare

to be continued 1 day…

to be continued(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

SOME OF MY THOUGHTS ON THIS TOPIC,THERE COULD BE DOZENS OF FACTORS
THAT SEEM TO DEVELOP SUCCESS.
OFF THE CUFF I WOULD SAY SUCCESS IS A LIFETIME JOURNEY OF MINI SUCCESSES
BECAUSESUCCESS IS LIKE HAVING AN APPETITE,YOU CAN EAT TO THE POINT
WHERE YOU CAN’T EAT ANOTHER BITE,AND YOU KNOW THAT
YOUR NEXT APPETITE IS ON IT’S WAY,IN A FEW HOURS OR THE NEXT DAY,SUCCESS IS
LIKE THAT”…LAKE PLACID
I THOUGHT I WOULD LOOK UP SOME QUOTES AND PICK THE ONES THAT KIND OF RESONATE
WITH ME THE MOST.

SUCCESS COMES FROM KNOWING THAT YOU DID YOUR BEST,TO BECOME THE BEST THAT YOU
ARE CAPABLE OF BEING
John Wooden
SUCCESS IS NOT ONLY MEASURED BY WHAT YOU ACCOMPLISH,BUT ALSO BY THE OPPOSITION YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED,AND THE COURAGE WITH WHICH YOU HAVE MAINTAINED THE STRUGGLE AGAINST OVERWHELMING ODDS”…Orison Swett Marden

SUCCESS IS ACHIEVED AND MAINTAINED BY THOSE WHO TRY AND KEEP TRYING
W.Clement Stone
“IF YOU FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO CARE FOR SOMEBODY ELSE,YOU WILL HAVE
SUCCEEDED…Maya Angelou
THE PERSON WHO HAS DONE THERE LEVEL BEST,IS A SUCCESS EVEN THOUGH THE WORLD
MAY WRITE HIM DOWN A FAILURE
B.C.Forbes
THE SECRET OF SUCCESS IS SINCERITY”…Jean Giradoux

“Space consciousness, the final frontier, to boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Lake Placid’s post:

I can’t decide which of your quotes I like best. And I agree success is a lifetime journey of mini successes. Nicely put. You’ve wet our appetite—-

In response to SelfCareJoy’s post:

Your quote is so true. We do have more possibilities in each moment than we realize. I want to hear more about aspirations on personally progressive grand levels.

If I understand you correctly, being true to yourself and your values create your success.

Do you think most people are consciously aware of their values?

I had to think hard about where my areas of success are/have been. It always comes back to my doing something for someone else that was not necessarily expected.

For me, my greatest success has come when my words and/or deeds influenced/helped others grow in a positive way.

• ~

Note to self: return to this:

• ~
    It’s a perfect time for me to find words for this experience. So I will give it a shot(: I cannot guarantee I won’t take up too much room(: Though, here goes: Success to me is having the time, space and comfort to create, and enjoy the life that comes with all the possibilities/choices that can be found in the process.
  • ~
    I look back on my life, and I would change very little. Was it ‘perfect’? Was it without loss ,fears and uncertainty? Nooo…who lives on that planet?(: I don’t ask for the bitter sweet lessons…though they were there & assisted in creating and enjoying
  • ~ Actually for an entire year I’ve been unknowingly paving the way for clarifying this better for myself…for this new phase in my life. Why did I use the word unknowingly?
  • ~
    A year ago I identified my birthday-time this year as a time that things would be more clear and have more answers for my ‘now’.
  • ~

I remember initially I was feeling a bit of frustration, because I couldn’t put my finger on things. And when you hear my interpretation, you may still hear vagueness. Though, believe me when I say…its more clear than it sounds. And the vagueness isn’t about being uncertain…it’s about allowing…and having faith in my life continue to unfold as it needs to.

• ~

Though, the frustration vanished progressively, when I allowed acceptance and told myself, it was ok that I wasn’t as clear as I truly wanted to be.

• ~ After all I had no previous reference points for this stage of my life, and the new dreams I wanted to have. I also had no mentors who had similar experiences or feelings that felt like my type of aspirations. I only knew what I didn’t want my future to have.
  • ~
    So every day for the last year, I ‘let go’ and let my Higher Power pave my way. I was happier for it too, more and more so. That’s probably why I gravitated to joy-threads the way I have. Joy is important to me. And while I have been & am a hard worker most of my life…I was seeing less hard work in my future, and enjoying much more being some kind of end-product, that just seemed to fit, and that was part of my success revelations. I knew I was going to be more passionately focused on a time table that was more of my choosing…for my spirit to be totally nurtured.

A really cool thing occurred as I desired this…I began to get things I wanted in a variety of ways in what I’ m currently doing. Things started to happen that assisted me in focusing the way I desire right where I am. I simply had to stay open in seeing the good. If I had stay fixed …I wouldn’t have seen any of the gifts in my experiences.
  • ~

So what the heck am I talking about…with this success thing? As I am getting older success has changed a great deal. Success simply means to be able to live my life being able to include the things I’m passionate about. That changes…due to the balance that always seems to require tweaking. Though, by being true to myself and knowing what I do and don’t want…success to me, means being able to create the space for all I love. When I identify the many roles in my life…that I currently participate in/ & would like to participate with, I don’t want to resent the joys of life by the work that is needed…So by creating, joy for a bigger picture of living…I widen my possibilities. Success to me, at this of my life…is to feel & be healthy, joyous and free to love whatever I choose, whatever opportunity makes it to me. And as I feel good within the settings that become my experiences…I make way for the room to create.

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Poppy’s post:
And in regard to your wonderful statements Poppy: -> (1) It always comes back to my doing something for someone else that was not necessarily expected.
-> (2) For me, my greatest success has come when my words and/or deeds influenced/helped others grow in a positive way.

I am with ya here!!!(: Though for me, it is simply part of the beauty in being contact with myself, and moving forward… When I am grounded and feel that vibrational alignment we speak of… I have this thing, that I can naturally give.

Where I currently work, the number of people I deal with is …big. And the type of service in a timely, yet precise…way is expected. And the manner in which I give and the ‘extras’ I can create with RAK… is part of my every day… energy. Though, this is better…better better…when I Am … doing what it takes vibrationally Am I perfect? No?!(: Though, my Higher Power is, and We do this together(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh what a journey you have taken in one year/lifetime!

I think we are always on a continuous journey. At times we are aware of what we are doing, thinking, planning, dreaming, but most of the time for me, I am not as aware of who I am and what I stand for, my values. Oh they are always there and I have taken time to explore who and what I am. Like you, it is a journey, not destination. I find when I accept things just as they are, I am at a standstill in growing successful. It is when I free myself(let go of trying to control everything) to do the things I love that I am most successful and happy.

I think we are always on a continuous journey -> agree! (:

• ~
    I actually got frustrated with the word & ideas of acceptance…so I could feel what it was I was accepting…so I could …be in a better place to accept. I had to accept…this new place. New was bothering me, and that is kind of silly. Imagine moving to a new grand territory, and all ya said was I’ve never been here before. Well I was doing that for awhile, until the next stage of this emerged.
  • ~

And then I opened the doors wide open…and there it was…Life…And it was already there, and so was I…and here I am…to continue and be present…and feel my way through it…letting go of the need to define it all…except my values…and deciding what is no longer needed

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My parents taught me to use caution when talking about sex, religion, and politics. I think that is pretty good advise, but, I agree with you it is working with one’s Higher Power that things begin to shake and quake, rock and roll, and bring us success and happiness.

That’s another area I agree with you on. You will rarely hear me mention any of those areas with most people I speak with. And also, something that may make you laugh, for as much as I share…I am not a tell-all(:

Anyway back to Higher Power. I am not mentioning religion. Though, I believe it is safe to say to know…we do not create everything. Some things(: we are truly powerless over…and that is the power in the powerlessness. We can desire much…though…the letting go…as we’ve been told, and often when we allow…it is experienced… when we let go of the result. I feel many take issue with that, because they believe if they don’t keep hanging on to that picture of what they want..it won’t happen.. Though, I’m sure you’ve heard & experienced … if not this, then Something Better . I believe it is in that letting go…that Something Better…keeps coming down the line(:

• ~
    And yes.. to your statement…: it is working with one’s Higher Power that things begin to shake and quake, rock and roll, and bring us success and happiness. like that(:!

you said: If I understand you correctly, being true to yourself and your values create your success. & Do you think most people are consciously aware of their values?
I have to be honest…in dealing with many people, I can’t definitely say what others truly feel or if they have ‘worked on’ lining up with personal values…. I can say, I treat others as though they have…because they will know quick enough if they haven’t.

In my view, those who haven’t considered this…they will find themselves uncomfortable more often than not, feeling like they need to line up with everyone else first. When we line up with our own values, we can also spend the time hearing of others values…truly be ourselves and give to one another from a more welcome place(: This space often assists with welcoming & allowing diversity…and for all of us to grow…moment to moment as we do(: At least that’s my take(:

Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one’s values. – Ayn Rand
✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great topic! I thought I would drop my two pence worth into the conversation :-)

I definitely believe success comes from within.

I believe success can only come from your own understanding of its meaning. One persons interpretation of success can and often is very different from another persons.

Some people attribute “things” to success particularly Money but its important to remember that when you do that, then success can become a double edged sword and often has consequences. You may find success but then find your life has changed in a way that is irreversible. This is particularly true when seeking fame.

I think the most important thing I’ve learnt about success is not to project it into a goal for the future but to seek it in the moment.

Think about the things you did today and remember to acknowledge the things you were successful in. Remembering these successes will help you create more automatically.

Hello to All,

My idea of success is sincerely shifting.

I have always said “I love LOVE…” and, that is true.

But, more purely put, what I love is LIFE!
What I love is JOY!

There is so much that I have to say, about HOW I love life and joy.

And, I loved POSSIBILITY, CREATION, PURE PURPOSE

I love being a part of outrageous acts of goodness, courage, and extraordinary health…

I really could go on…

What I seek is relatedness, communication, alignment, cooperation…

What I want to affirm in this moment:

“I attune to wholeness and express perfect health”

All of the goodness of these happiness meetings is supporting my higher goals for attaining peace. All of my inner healing, choosing peace, loving my self newly I feel is my response to being in communication with God.

I say prayers of gratitude for ease of movement and playfulness in my spirit!

My overall interpretation of success is when I take care of my self, and I am kind and patient with myself, and I find simple ways to enjoy and celebrate all of life’s beauty.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

My interpretation of success is having a dynamic relationship with my self where I can re-establish my focus and re-claim my priorities.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

I no longer work closely enough to others to have a solid opinion. However I did work with two or three different sets of parents when I was at school. I was an assistant principal for the last 15 years of my 30 in education. Most, the overwhelming majority, were kind, generous, caring, understanding, and tolerant of the school environment. The other few were very angry, upset and often demanding changes that I had no control over. As I had the occasion to speak to both sets of parents, I found them to be aware of their personal values and wanted very much to instill positive values to their children. My hope is that this is still true.

My idea of success is taking this very moment, and being in a place where I can be open to getting the most positivity, the most that life give ….

and when I hear those words, I actually feel the vibrational quality…
Its supper fast and its weightless!
Thats how my spirit feels when I am able to achieve this freedom…

So, success, is freedom…

I wanted to quickly respond to one of the originating questions:

The question was about failure.

I just want to say that failure, if you want to put it into context, is a schmorgishborg for learning.

It’s really valuable to take whatever is available and use it as a means for learning…

When we do so, we are also learning about our self and our willingness to create something positive that may have originated from something painful.

In response to bunique’s post:

My first thought was to say I do NOT create success from within. I guess I am externally focused on providing others with success and that is what gives me the greatest joy. If personal success comes, then so be it. I’ll take it although it embarrasses me.

I do agree it is important to acknowledge small steps of success and build on them. I would also include being grateful. The more I think about it, my success has come from within.

In response to Kathi’s post:

“My idea of success is taking this very moment, and being in a place where I can be open to getting the most positivity, the most that life give ….

and when I hear those words, I actually feel the vibrational quality…
Its supper fast and its weightless!
Thats how my spirit feels when I am able to achieve this freedom…

So, success, is freedom…”

Now my vibrational level is raising. I can feel it coursing through my whole body!

“ just want to say that failure, if you want to put it into context, is a schmorgishborg for learning.”

I’m eating it up!

First off, may I say…because you know I will (lol) this is a wonderful thread meeting and still early(:
I would like to respond to a lot of the recent comments. In response to bunique’s thoughts:
attributing success to external things is a wonderful area to focus on, and the experiences are like building castles in the sand.This is not say our dreams outside of ourselves are not worth creating!!! Because they are(: It’s just a better reason to have ones own life (on the inside) work, as they desire(:

Things do change. I like how you said: You may find success but then find your life has changed in a way that is irreversible. This is particularly true when seeking fame.

This is also true when someone gets ill. Imagine…having huge dreams that are dependent on your physicality, and that changes. Are you no longer successful/wonderful? We are more than what we do.

That would actually be a great “regular thread”. Think about it Bunique(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    will return …much has been said recently, and simply wonderful too(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Failure

…things can come from pain (the bitter-sweet as I refer)…
Pain isn’t failure….Because we are not responsible for everything that happens, and sometimes pain is having a conversation with ourselves, & we are saying ..really? I didn’t think I invited this thing along that doesn’t feel good, …Now lets see how to observe, learn & proceed(:

We are all students in moving forward. To me, it isn’t about failure until you’ve decided chatting with your higher self ceases to happen… We know so much more than we give ourselves credit for. And it is said we only hear what we somehow already believe.

And life is about …doing the next right thing, not repeating our old story…so all we can do is progress in our own ways…and use ourselves as a ruler.

The revelations (from everyone) from today’s meeting -> awesome!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Helping others is definitely a fantastic way to live life :-)

Whenever you have success in the future I hope you celebrate it and don’t be embarrassed by it, otherwise your attributing a generally negative feeling to something that should be positive. You should feel good especially when someone acknowledges your success :-)

“Things do change. I like how you said: You may find success but then find your life has changed in a way that is irreversible. This is particularly true when seeking fame.
This is also true when someone gets ill.”

Yes! This is exactly what I meant, attributing success to anything future or current can be dangerous in that it can be taken away and become impossible, often by uncontrollable external factors.

My philosophy is to celebrate success but not to strive for it.

Success in life makes me happy but i’ve learnt from my personal experience that it can become a benchmark that becomes increasingly difficult to recreate. I now try my absolute best in things but I avoid aiming for success in everything I do.

In response to bunique’s post:

I know you are correct. I do feel good when someone acknowledges my success, and yes I still have some general negative feelings about. I am beginning to think the thing I am leaving out is allowing myself to celebrate my success.

I’m going to give this some serious thought and chart myself a new path. Thank you!

I was just about to write on the topic of Failure

Even though I acknowledged straight away these are my own opinions.

Thinking about this topic has given me an even greater understanding of myself.

When thinking about failure I was going to say that unlike success which I believe comes from within, that failure is completely external and something which should always be dismissed. That failure is someones opinion and that there is something to be learnt from every mistake or attempt.

Then I realised these words “success” and “failure” that I have such deep feelings about them in a way I had never realised before. I’ve developed strong opinions as a defensive mechanism to control these words but discussing this topic has made me realise have a lot of control over me and that was something I had never previously considered before.

awesome mtg! And yes, I know threads don’t close around here…I can still find it all tremendous(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“I just want to say that failure, if you want to put it into context, is a schmorgishborg for learning.

It’s really valuable to take whatever is available and use it as a means for learning…

When we do so, we are also learning about our self and our willingness to create something positive that may have originated from something painful.”

I appreciate this comment. When I look back on some of my disappoints(failures)in life, they were actually open doors to much more achievement and success than I could have ever imagined. When I use my painful disappoints in life, in a positive way, to create or learn from them, I move forward in the direction I want to go.

Poppy,

I wanted to say thank you for chairing the meeting today!! It was very nice of you to do this for all of us! I think the meetings actually go better with someone chairing them.

It was/and still is an awesome meeting… I am still allowing my self time to explore upon the contents of the meeting. And, the more that I spend time, the more things I see and appreciate. So, the growth curve is evolving.

For me, a new muscle, is just a steadier state of faith. I am just “noticing the now”…
and enjoying the journey of exploring my heart…

I would like to say thank you to all the Bmindful Community that visited and/or participated in today’s meeting thread. I appreciate your energy, and willingness to share your personal thoughts. My hope is that you can take some of the ideas presented here and move in a positive forward direction.

Kathi,

It was my great pleasure to act as chair of this wonderful Happiness/Thread. You did the hard work of selecting an excellent topic and developed excellent thoughtful questions that led to todays wonderful discussion.

Thanks Poppy!

these Happiness meetings are becoming a new habit, where I enjoy searching my heart, and I enjoy spending time in this pursuit…

And, at the end of this day, my spirit is stronger…

Awesome!

I too prospered from this experience, and grateful to all participants, the chair; Poppy, and Kathi for designing the questions … and all who participate silently or on the thread(:

It was wonderful hearing about everyone’s breakthrough, and once again being involved with the site where supporting one another is a given. Many thanks(:

I Am living a Divine plan

RATHER THEN SAY I SCREWED UP OR I FAILED,
WHAT I ACTUALLY DID IN ALL MY PAST ENDEAVERS WAS DECIDE ON A COURSE OF
ACTION,COULD BE SOMETHING TRIVIAL OR SIGNIFICANT.
HOW I EXTRACT THE WORD FAILURE,I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY SO I DON’T NEED TO BE
CRITICAL OF MYSELF.
ITS A SIMPLE FORMULA OR THOUGHT PROCESS…I TOOK ACTION AND IF THE RESULT
WAS WHAT I WANTED THEN IM STOKED,IF THE RESULT IS NOTNEGATIVE
I SIMPLY UNDERSTAND TRIED SOMETHING AND PRODUCED A RESULT. RATHER THAN I WAS SUCCESSFUL OR I FAILED.THERES A QUOTE THAT SAYS THIS IN FEWER WORDS,BUT
IT IS A WAY TO BE KINDER TO MYSELF.

“Space consciousness, the final frontier, to boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Kindness and believing in ourselves is what it is all about. I relate to your self-talk, and welcome the ideas that say …it’s where I was at…and this is where I am… What I do is not who I am. Who I am is enough. And what I do…is what I knew at the time. It’s all good, and moving forward can be done with forgiveness …and a lovely clean slate with hindsight wisdom that makes all to come only better better better(:

I Am living a Divine plan

Lake Placid, I think you have hit on a very important point for all of us. It is rather easy for all of us to go about our lives on automatic pilot (unconsciously). We say to ourselves what we have always said to ourselves and much of the time we are own self critic. It is the acknowledgement or bringing into focus (consciously) our negative self talk that we can eliminate it(uninstall that useless software). So in my opinion, we can take it a step further by being kind to ourselves and living as consciously as possible.

My new favorite quote, which fits perfectly with creating success within…

“You’re not rich until you have something that money can’t buy.”

Today, I am starting a brand new success journal!

That is a great quote.

When I think of all the things(family, friends, love Kindness, Life etc ) I am a very rich man.

Success journal? Now there is a good idea for me too. Out of this meeting I realize I don’t often celebrate my successes. By writing down my everyday small successes, I would be acknowledging to myself I am worthy of celebrating.

I have to Thank SelfCare for the suggestion about starting a success journal!!

What this provides is the pathway towards creating my next area of focus… It empowers me to keep making choices, keep moving and keep creating…

So, “I create success from within” , and I am building upon that as I grow beyond where I am now.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content