login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Roots of Real Self-Help

Over the last few decades a lot of folks have spun their wheels trying to get ahead based on the notion that wishing mixed with a dash of positive thinking will magically bring them success. It’s big business – self-help. Now, don’t get me wrong, it is great to have a positive attitude. There is real power in positive thinking. Self-help books are full of good ideas. Writing things down on paper, for example, is useful for lots of reasons – but, perhaps it would do us some good to tax our minds a little more and wade through some more complex stuff. The suggestions we find in this years top selling self-help books might be easier to read, but, why not chew on something a little more satisfying? Read something that actually makes you think, really think, not just half-way think. There are more really good works out there that are both wonderful and free that it is a shame that more people don’t take advantage of the wisdom that is there for the taking. Even if you don’t want to literally read, you can easily find lots of works for free in audio form. Reading philosophy, I think, is like a natural mood/attitude enhancer. Listen, life is short and there is more stuff written and published on any given day in today’s world than you could read in your lifetime. Be selective in what you feed your brain and soul with. A shortcut, a real shortcut is to find a list of greatest works. Take a bite out of one of those lists. You’ll like it, even if it takes a bit more chewing.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Welcome back Smart Routines!

I am so glad to see you back!

I agree with your above sentiments. And, there are plenty of reasons that hope, inspiration, positivity and fresh thinking are in such high demand.

I am always been interested in the next great book. I agree that its very important to nourish our brain and to utilize our creativity, not just for the fun of it but for the function of how our next creative idea can help society to live cleaner, healthier and perhaps a more normal, sane and social life style…

Great to have you back on the website!!

Kathi

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Here is a video that will be worth your time. It is a speech by one of America’s finest minds. Richard Epstein. Leveling Up and Down

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

great thread-thoughts(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content