login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Harmlessness

The following are a few thoughts taken from the Tibetan, Esoteric Philosophy.

Let the “Spirit of Peace” use the lower nature as an instrument and there will be peace and harmony with in the personal field of service. (Right Thought)

Let the “Spirit of Goodwill” dominate our minds and there will be no room for the spirit of criticism and the spreading of destructive conversation. (Right Speech)

Let the “Spirit of Light” flow through,
and the ranks of the world servers will be rapidly filled. (Right Action)

It is for this reason and in order to develop a group of servers who can work along true and spiritual lines that there must be increasing emphasis upon the need for harmlessness.

Harmlessness prepares the way for the inflow of life; harmlessness dissipates the obstructions to the free outpouring of love. Harmlessness is the key to the release of the lower nature from the grip of the world illusion and from the power of phenomenal existence.

I have impressed the need for harmlessness upon you all for it is, esoterically speaking of cleaning house and of purifying centers. Its practice clears the clogged channels and permits the entrance of higher energies.

Harmlessness is not kindly or sweet, but rather it is a state of mind and in no way negates action. It concerns motive (Intention) and determination (Commitment).

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Harmlessness…

….Taking the first few step forward in our new era!!

Our brave new world!!!

We are ready for work, for which all other work was just a preparation…

This is an open thread, and I am willing to share my thoughts on the larger picture and I am hopeful that many of you will take a few minutes and share your views.

Most people do not know exactly what harmlessness is nor do they have any idea of what is possible when it is introduced into a group. Harmlessness is the usage of the right thought, the right speech and the right action.

The following paragraph is another quote from the Tibetan… hope that you are benefited well…

“If harmlessness is a key note in your life, you will do more to produce right harmonious conditions in your personality than any amount of discipline along other lines.

The drastic purgation brought about by the attempt to be harmless will go far to eliminate wrong states of consciousness…

Practice harmlessness with zest and understanding – for it is the destroyer of limitation.

Harmlessness is the expression of the life of the man who realizes himself to be everywhere, who lives consciously as a soul, whose nature is Love, whose method is inclusiveness and to whom all forms are alike, in that they veil and hide light.

Harmlessness brings about in life Caution in judgement, reticence in speech, ability to refrain from impulse action… So, free passage can be given to the forces of True Love, and to those spiritual energies which seem to vitalize the personality, leading consequently to right action.”

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

I know that the language is very complex… but it is so worthy…

I literally Love the line that says “Practice harmlessness with zest and understanding – for it is the destroyer of limitation.”

…..energy follows thought.

Thanks Robert!

The sanctuary of Ananda

Practicing harmlessness on the spiritual path:

Tantra teaches that everything in our cosmos is a polar opposite of duality to unity. For example, sun-moon, day-night, hot-cold, conscious-unconscious; both opposites however one does not exist without the other. To convey or to merge, we have the opportunity to see through the veil of illusion to witness the play in both dualities of the shadow self and the higher self.

The shadow of Kali as it is referred to in traditional Tantra, is our distorted perception and belief center of our reality, constructed through our lower personality nature from experiences of wounding, the shadow referring to; anger, sadness, frustration, fear, all of the filters of the lower worlds and the identity of the personality. The light represents the truth of of higher self, our higher nature and that of the higher personality and that of the soul. The soul only understands LOVE that resonates within the kingdom of the divine, THAT WHICH IS UNITY BRINGING together all of the consciousness of humanity in a powerful beacon of joy and unconditional love.

Sometimes when we look deeply into a person, we may see glimpses of both their light and their dark, the duality of who they are and the persons “mask” they wear in their reality. On occasion we may have an opportunity to reveal and share this truth through heart space. This truth can reveal the light positive in a person and when shared can make them feel amazing, grateful and empowered. They will unconsciously depend on you for their happiness because the personality has constructed a reality that you are the one that makes them feel good. One the other hand, if you reveal their blind spots, their shadow, negative aspects of self their personality will become defensive, and angry because you didn’t make them feel good and the lower personality has its own identity, and always at all costs think and believe its view of the world is correct, and therefore you are wrong, and all blame will be projected at you.

Exposing blind spots can be a shattering and agonizing experience for the personality to go through, its identity does not want to hear it and it will run, disappear, gossip, or distance itself. Healing is all in the listening; steadfastness and courage are necessary to see behind the veil. Seeing truth on both the higher and the lower nature is necessary and allows us to reconcile, love and merge back into the soul.

Harmlessness is one of the most important teachings, an absolute requirement in the esoteric teachings. It is the path on which we forage our way towards our authentic Self, as we find a much deeper and greater impulse to humbly and courageously Be who we are. Forgiveness, unconditional Love of Self and of Others… is the way of harmlessness.

Here are a few affirmations based on the above teachings:

I am grounded. I am secure. I am abundant.
Abundance is my natural state of being.

I am creative, I am intimate. I am balanced.
Creativity is the automatic GIFT the universe instilled into me.

I am powerful. I am energized. I am centered.
I am a manifestor.

I am loved. I am compassionate. I am balanced.
I am LOVE.

I am communicative. I am expressive. I am healthy.
I speak my truth.

I am open. I am confident. I am intuitive.
I trust my Self.

I am connected. I am understanding. I am one with All.
I am eternal.

I am an open channel to Divine Wisdom and Love.
I follow my intuition.
I am a magnet of abundance in all areas of life.

thank you for this spirit provoking thread!

• ~
    edited…looking forward to returning to this topic…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Appreciating!

Non-violence which is a quality of the heart, cannot come by an appeal to the brain. Ghandi

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, you refuse to hate him.

Dr. Martin Luther King

Another thought about harmlessness:
It has to do with being in a place of judgement of others.

What I now see is the terrible cost I pay.
It costs me unity, and I get division, I get to be alone with my judgments.
It costs me my intention. If my intention is kindness and compassion, then I have strengthened my weakness.

Today, I just want to benefit from another distinction that helps to keep me in the moment, and keeps me in the Joy of practicing harmlessness.

In response to Kathi’s post:
Harmlessness is not kindly or sweet, but rather it is a state of mind and in no way negates action. It concerns motive (Intention) and determination (Commitment).

In response to Kathi’s post:

Long time since I’ve seen this thread, and love the topic!

Today, I just want to benefit from another distinction that helps to keep me in the moment, and keeps me in the Joy of practicing harmlessness.

If my intention is kindness and compassion, then I have strengthened my weakness.

wonderful focus…

will return

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Right thought, Right speech, Right action- hard to argue that-good
Wrong thought, Wrong speech, Wrong action- hard to argue that-bad
So think, say, and do the right thing. Seems pretty harmless to me!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content