login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Photography

Was reading through the Hobbies thread and wondered if we have any more photographers on bmindful that might want to show off their work?

I’ve got a load of photos posted on my flickr. Most of my uploads are street photography, but my interest doesn’t stop there. I’ve made photos of all kinds, and always look forward to trying new things.

I don’t get out as often as I’d like too, especially of late, but I still really enjoy it and plan on freeing up some time in the near future so I have more opportunities to go on those long photo walks I get so much out of.

Anyway, on with the photos.

This is my most recent shot, taken mid October. It’s my friend painting a wall in Sydney. It’s a legal wall, the bandana is more to help with the fumes than to protect his identity :) This was a cultural event and my friends were doing some live painting. Clover Moore, the Lord Mayor of Sydney was watching them for some time before she disappeared in a pedopod (an environmentally friendly bicycle taxi)

The things I like about this photo: the colors, the high contrast, the saturated colors, the lines of the shutter and most importantly the reflection in his glasses.

Ban Dan a (Intentional Typo)

The following isn’t technically my best photo, but it is one of my favorites. It was taken in early August whilst I was on a solo photo walk. I get my best pictures when I get intentionally lost whilst on my own with my camera. I love this beautiful city (Sydney!)

The World I See

Are you a photographer? I’d love to see some of your photos. If we can get enough interest then maybe we can make this a monthly event.

When contributing to this thread, remember to resize your pictures so they’re no larger than 548px and if you need somewhere to upload your pictures to, consider using TinyPic or link to the image on flickr!

To post a picture use the code !http://image.url/filename.ext! and if you have any questions check the Forum FAQ / Help thread or reply below.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

OK… Here are a couple:

Leaf in Wagga

Ants on Bridge at Woodford

Focus

WOW freygan!

I LOVE the aura like glow around that leaf, and how the idea of an aura kind of contrasts against my ideas of an autumn leaf, ie, it’s at the end of it’s life cycle.

I love the texture of the woodgrain, along with the contrasting hard and sharp man made angles / soft and delicate flora in the background in the bottom one.

Great depth of field on both pictures too!

It was taken by an Olympus digital camera. Not SLR – I finally gave in and sold my manual SLRs cos I don’t use them anymore! Now waiting to get my DSLR :)

Focus

Even better if they’re not taken with an SLR! Just goes to show “It’s a Poor Carpenter Who Blames His Tools”

I blamed my tools, although it was primarily an excuse for upgrading, and so Mel could inherit my Nikon P50 :) The P50 still takes great photos, it just doesn’t have the manual control that I wanted.

I ended up purchasing a second hand K100D, which I still use and love. It’s fantastic! The smallest camera of it’s class and generation, a great selection of lenses and of course all control that I need (want)

What DSLR are you looking to get?

I have no idea :) LOL I have not researched it yet, I’m not much of a gadget geek. Have you got any recommendations?

Focus

A bird meditating:

Focus

Lee, let me know if any of these are too big.

Ellery Playing Among Pumpkins

A Couple of Small Docks at Lake Catherine State Park, Hot Springs, Arkansas

A small rock cluster near hiking trail at Lake Catherine, Hot Springs, Arkansas

Taken at Lake Ouachita, Hot springs Arkansas

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Wow guys beautiful photos!

MCM! Beautiful photos! I love the one with the pumpkins!!!!

Focus

MCM – so lovely & so different to my own environment.
Post more please everyone – I want a trip around the world.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to freygan’s post:
Is it meditating or stuffed ;)
I tried to take a photo of a bee the other day, those buggers move fast, too fast for me!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Sucessfully loaded! Noosa National Park

In response to Vivi used to be focused but now she’s ????‘s post:

LOL!!! I think it might have been stunned by flying into the wall at the back of the house. I thought it was going to die too, my son and I even said some buddhist prayers for it.

Then he touched it, it woke up and flew away! They are quick little things, and I’m grateful to have been able to take such close up pictures of it.

Focus

themadcookieman, LOVE the colour in your shots!

Went for a walk today and took some photos.

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Absolutely beautiful stunning pictures! Awesome!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Went for another walk today.

also

was taken on the same day. I’ve only just realized how much I like it.

Hey Lee, here are a few new pics. I decided to take my camera with me for an early morning walk. They came out okay considering I didn’t use a tripod. By the way, I particularly like your pic of the clouds in the dark blue sky with the rays of the sun. Very Nice. Also, The World I See pic is awesome.

Morning Walk I

Morning Walk II

Morning Walk III

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
….and no photo shop here?
They are BEAUTIFUL.
And your restaurant is decorated with your own photos ;-)

…what a wonderful world….

I saturated the pink and put more contrast on the trees to darken them against the sky.

I didn’t have my photos in my restaurant. I had mostly pictures of sailing ships. Also, all along the entire perimeter of the the dining room I had a continuous shelf completely filled with different beers from around the world. It was pretty cool if I do say so myself.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Does sound lovely. And I love sailing ship.

…what a wonderful world….

Here is a photo I took from my front yard a couple of weeks ago at sunset. Those were the actual colors, didn’t do anything except crop the rooftops of the houses across the street from the photo. Amazing!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And here is one I took today at the zoo. I wish it were better, but the colors are still pretty amazing and unretouched.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content