login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Healthiest Recipes For Weight Management or Loss

Per Anoushka F I am starting a new recipe thread for those who are very health conscious. We have a lot of members, who want to begin better food habits, and many who seem to have solid routines they’ve acquired over time. Both can prosper here. We can all share and learn on our continous journey.

And because healthy, delicious food is a big topic on this site, I will also make available links to other threads, that offer similar information; mostly from bmindful. If you spot one, please post also(:

Who knows, maybe we’ll have enough for a bmindful recipe book(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey! What a great idea Laurie!

I have so much I want to share. Not necessarily recipies but ideas/thoughts on healthy eating, weight management, ‘listening to your body’ and generally eating for health!

My first contribution would be my favourite oriental broths that you can layer up in any direction you choose. Packed with flavour, filling, and bursting with goodness, minus the fat!! I think anything that fills you up (particularly if you are on a diet or cutting back for a while) and is low in fat is a winner in my book.

For the Stock:

Couple of cups of water, bring to the boil with
chopped garlic
ginger
chilli
spring onion
fennel seed (great digestive)
a teaspoon of organic veg bouillon powder
pinch of sugar (for balance)
teaspoon of cider vinegar or squeeze of lime

You can add lemongrass or kaffir lime leaves for extra zing.

Then just add your favourite veggies;
I love, Mushrooms, bok choi, peppers, carrots, sprouts. Be as simple or as adventurous as you want.
It could just stop there with next to no fat or calories but bursting with goodness.

For protein:
Tofu,
Seafood (eg king prawns, crab meat)
chicken breast (minus skin of course)
Lean beef
Soya chunks

If you want a bit of a carb filler add noodles (extra thin vermicelli noodles are lovely or soba noodles for colour and texture.

This is such an easy, quick and nutritious bowl of…. pure love!

A full and thankful heart..

OOOOOh! Thanks for sharing this. I was wondering what I could do very quickly to feed my little hord of chillins. They love soup and this would be a quick win for me!! What a great thing to have for them when they get home from school today! It is raining, so soup is always great on those days.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
That made me so hungry! Well, time to eat(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This is a great thread, I will be visiting often and check out this recipe blog thread as well, we will have so much cooking to do we won’t be able to leave the house…lol

mai

I’m glad to know there are foodies out there that appreciate health giving foods. Food shouldnt be just about fuel, it should be about pleasure too.

I just had lunch: An explosion of texture. I was in the mood to crunch, but wanted to stay away from naughties!
I made a sardine salad (canned sardines are so full of omega 3 and other goodies), chopped up lots of crunchy veg; radishes, spring onion, chilli (always!), celery, cucumber and cornichons, added dijon mustard and sherry vinegar – would have used cider vinegar but ran out. It was delicious, served on mixed leaves with plenty of black pepper. Wshed down with a cup of hot water. Its raining and grey outside but my insides feel like a summer breeze! ;o)

Does anyone know what those black oriental mushrooms are called? They look like a rubbery seaweed or a pig’s ear (LOL), but taste so good. Often found in stirfrys. They would go great in the soup too – if only I could get hold of them….

Oh I know what you are talking about, I have tasted them and I do like them very much, I am sorry I do not know the name.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have a healthy recipe in regards to burgers for anyone burger lovers like myself, bets the ol’ MacDs burgers by a far, less fat for sure….

425g can red kidney beans
410g can corn kernels
1/4 cup pickled green jalapeno chillies
1 roasted red pepper
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs or packet breadcrumbs
2 tbs oil
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup coriander leaves
120g mixed salad greens
4 tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
10 mini pita bread or wholegrain buns

1. Drain kidney beans and corn kernels. Place in a food processor with chillies.
2. Remove seeds from red papper and add pepper to processor. Process to roughly chop mixture. Add breadcrumbs and process to briefly combine.
3. Form mixture into 10 patties.
4. Place on a baking paper lined over tray. Brush tops of patties with oil and grill for three minutes. Turn patties over and sprinkle with cheese. Grill a further two minutes or until cheese is golden.
5. Mix coriander leaves and salad greens together. Wash tomatoes and slice finely.
6. Warm pita bread and cut in half horizontally.
7. Place slices of tomato over the base of each pita with a bean burger on top. Divide salad mixture over burgers and drizzle with mayo. Replace pita half on top!

Whoola a Mexican Bean and Corn Burger! Yum yum yum ;-)

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
Mmmm that sounds so nice.

I’ve been reading a quite decent book called The Balanced Plate: The Essential Elements of Whole Foods and Good Health by Renee Loux. Not an animal in sight, but I was tricked into it by flicking through and saw Beet something and my mind read Beef! But I’m always up for new things to try and would like to eat less meat. Many vegetarian cookbooks I see tend to be aimed at meat subsitutes and have alot of cheese, this one is more raw, vegan, macrobiotic with lots of Japanese influences. Haven’t tried recipe yet but bought a few ingredients I didn’t have and will try something new.

Keep up the recipe sharing.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Does anyone know what jicama is (I think a kind of root vegetable)? Does it have alternative names?

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:

Oh cool Viv! I will do a check online to see what the book you are reading is available here in the libraries. Sounds very interesting and appealing to my tastes!

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
It even has natural cleaning recipes in it. And there heaps of dairy-free desserts (all dairy-free). Now I love my dairy, but I am curious about a chocolate mousse recipe using avocado which I imagine must give it the creaminess, weird!!! I’m in love with my local library and always grab a couple of recipe books each time. I love novels on a food theme too, or recipe books with many stories, or food films, remember the Mexican film Like Water for Chocolate, now that’s a DVD to watch again on a rainy day with a box of tissues.

OK maybe going off the thread title, if you’re trying to lose weight maybe stay away from sad movies with Chocolate in the title :)

Reminded of an old lady I saw on a cooking show explaining how to make something creamy – she said “you must use full-cream milk – just go for a long jog afterwards”!

And cheesy as they might seem, those books like “French women don’t get fat” “Japanese Women don’t get old or fat” (there’s a few similar titles) really do have a great philosophy around food and are not based on guilt or denial like many of us think about weight loss.

Great topic. I’m making movement to eat more fresh foods and cut back on sugar and processed stuff. This is not as easy as it sounds as I am not a great cook and most things I make tend to be on the simple side. I did make a salad of fresh mushrooms, sliced thinly, and chopped parsley (I think spinach could be substituted). Dressing was juice of one lemon, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt/pepper to taste. I added a handful of shredded Italian cheeses and OMG; it’s simple but delicious.

Vivi! Like water for Chocolate….such a great film. Havent watched it since college days but just reminded me to look it up. I agree about french women, and generally anyone with a healthy and confident attitude to food. I think its about quantity. This Easter weekend I splurged on chocolate souffle, my favourite chilli chocolate (72%) and some little odds and ends of great bars that I had been saving till after lent. No harm done to wasteline – yet! Its about balance and enjoyment. Eat good quality chocolate or full fat stuff in small portions rather than eating a whole box of weight watchers cookies – whats the sense in that. You end up feeling bloated and having not really enjoyed them. Taking a moment to savour a square of really good dark chocolate can be so much more satisfying and I am convinced you burn off most of the calories from the emotions you feel whilst eating it – if you are anything like me, after eating chocolate I am often in the mood for certain activities…..which certainly burn off the excess!!! LOL.
ENJOY FOOD AND ALL ITS BENEFITS!!! ;O)

Just this weekend I rented the move “Chocolat” and picked up some dark chocolate and it was very relaxing and enjoyable. Chocolate and Johnny Depp? Come On…

In response to jancydat’s post:

Lol, Johnny Depp sexy man ;-)

Im keen to watch the movie Notebook, Ive heard high raves about it, have you seen that one? If you have is it as good as people say? They tell me it brings the tears to the eyes. :-&

The Notebook was on my list when I went for movies because I have also heard numerous times it’s a must. I think I’ll check at the library next. I bought the movie Like Water for Chocolate last year, that was fun. Strange as it may seem, I have started a “chocolate collection”, books, movies and any miscellaneous items which catch my eye because I would love to have a chocolate shop!

OH how neat Jancydat! I believe you will get your chocolate shop! I have a amazing cookbook full of chocolate that I am sure you would love, you might even have it? Its called Wicked Sweet Indulgences – The Australian Women’s Weekly Range. Its a neat book, recipes are just mouth watering, I havent made anything from it thou, I just like flicking through the pages and admiring the pictures, chocolate is devine!

In response to affirmingdiva’s post:
That sounds DELICIOUS

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
Agree completely. I believe in eating anything you like, just moderate.
Although by eating anything, does not include processed food or food with addetives (coloring, flavour enhancer or artificial flavouring, all those chemical which make things stay fresh longer, etc).

I usually keep to fresh, local and in season products. They are tastier and fresher, since they have not been travelling.
As for fruits and vegetables, I still get excited eating them, when I only eat them when they are in season.

…what a wonderful world….

Cous Cous or Quinoa salad:

I must share this one. Its one of my favourites for parties and lunches. Absolutely bursting with flavour:

Rule 1: Flavour the grains!
Use stock instead of water to cook the cous cous or quinoa and also the secret ingredient – Ras-El-Hanout seasoning.

Rule 2: Add texture of your choice. Either go crunchy with finely diced veggies, such as:
radishes,
spring onion,
cornichons,
cucumber
Carrot
Sweetcorn – go wild and be as creative as you want. The more colours the better.

Or: Soft and warm with roasted veggies e.g courgettes, peppers, butternut squash, fennel….again, experiment with good roasting veggies (sprinkle with olive oil and more ras-el-hanout before roasting.

And then for the ‘packs a punch flavour’ part:

Marinated anchovies (the garlic and provencale herb ones, finely chopped)
Black olives
Capers,
Lemon/Lime juice
Olive Oil
Black pepper.

Whether you make it cool and crunchy or warm and woody with the roasted veggies, you’ll have your guests coming back for more. Goes great with barbequed meats, or on its own (minus anchovies) for a veggie main course.

Okay, so Laurie requested this recipe and here it is:

Coleslaw the healthy way!

Ingredients:

1 Diced Red Tomato
1/2 Head of Cabbage
1/4 Head Red Cabbage
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Flax Oil
1/2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp Agave Nectar
2 Garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 Tbsp Chickpea Miso
1/4 Tsp Dried Mustard
1 Tbsp Kalamata Olive spread (optional)
1/2 Red Onion
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
Before everything else let’s prepare our Kale and make sure that it is dry after you rinse it. Kale is a fantastic Nutrient enhanced green but most people are afraid of it, the texture is rather stiff, but I have a solution for that.
Pull leafy greens from the Kale stem and rip into bite sized pieces, then add Sea Salt and “massage” into kale, set aside. The kale will wilt and become easier to chew and digest.

Meanwhile make your dressing by mixing the following:

Olive oil, flax oil, lemon juice, agave, garlic, mustard, miso, kalamata olive spread, and diced tomato with juice.

Return to kale massage a minute more, combined remaining ingredients’ and toss well, then add your dressing and toss again.

Enjoy!
mai

Last night I used 2 ingrediants I’d never cooked before – miso & quinoa. I rinsed then toasted the quinoa and put in boiling water, added some already cooked vegs left over from the night before and a lge tsp of white miso paste. It was yum and the kids thought it wonderful.

It seems whenever I cook for myself lately I don’t try at all (meaning I overcomplicate things when cooking for others) and it turns out great and the little ones seem to appreciate it more when they’re eating my food (they had dinner earlier when I was out).

I liked the quinoa but it came from Bolivia and was expensive, surely it can be grown in Australia? I try to consider food miles if an alternative can be found.

PS loving reading all your recipes, ideas & thoughts about food & love.

In response to maidopo’s post:
Thank You So Much!! I’m going to make that after my next grocery run(: Sounds great!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hello Anoushka~ You are a girl after my own heart!! I love couscous – steamed in a couscousierre for optimum flavor. I married a Moroccan and I love his cooking – especially with Ras el Hanout. Did you know that Ras el Hanout literally means “head of the shop or best of the best” because it is considered the ultimate spice in Morocco to cook with? What makes it such a unique flavor is that it has rosebuds, lavender blossoms, as well as some other ethnic spices such as Ajowan Seeds, Kala Jeera, Galangal – over thirty different herbs & spices. If you are feeling sick, you should sprinkle it in your soup right before you eat it. It has very healing properties!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to maidopo’s post:
I love kale!I use fresh greens I get packaged from Whole Foods called Organic Garden Greens. It has:organic chard, organic spinach, organic kale, organic mustard, organic turnip, organic collard, organic beet greens. It makes a wonderful salad. I put a little oj on it, to take a bit of the bitterness out.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
What is couscousierre?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditating mama’s post:

Excellent knowledge of Morrocan spices – as, I have to say I expected from you having seen the wonderful array you have on your website – and the added bonus of having a Moroccan husband. Its such a sensual cuisine isn’t it?
In response to Laurie: A couscousierre is a cooking vessel/steamer made for cooking cous cous. Its like a double boiler that you can put over your tagine or stew and the cous cous is steamed and flavoured from underneath from whatever is cooking – is that right MM? ;o)

In response to laurie’s post:
Wow the OJ tip is great, I am gonna try it :)

mai

Hello everyone,

Here are a couple of healthy receipes.

1. Mexican Meatball Soup- “Albondigas” I learned this from a friend but changed it from ground beef to ground turkey

1 lb ground turkey breast
2/3 cup rice (save a 1/4 of the rice for the meatballs)
1 tblsp olive oil
1/2 cup of flour to roll the meatballs in.
1 egg
1 small onion (1/4 cut up for meatballs the rest add whole to soup)
3 medium tomatoes (cut up)
1 tblsp Cumin (whole seed)
2 cloves garlic
any vegetables you might like cut in medium size pieces
1 tblsp boullion cube or organic chicken stock powder
1 small can Pace picante sauce.
Sea Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
3/4 of a gallon of spring water or distilled water

First get the rice and fry it along with the garlic and onion until the rice is brown not burnt and set aside. Start heating the water add the Pace Picante Sauce, chicken stock and let it start to boil. Once it starts to boil add the vegetables,garlic and the rest of the onion, tomatoes and lower the heat a little.

Put the ground turkey in a bowl and mix in some of the fried rice, onions salt and pepper put about a teaspoon of flour in it. Add the egg and mix it all together. On a plate put the rest of the flour and spread it around you will be rolling the meatballs in it. Start forming the meatballs the size you want. Roll them lightly in the flour once you have formed all the meatballs add them to the soup. Then put in the remaining rice. Add salt,cumin and peper to taste. The meatballs will rise to the top and takes about 40 minutes to cook it’s healthy and delicious. You can use beef but I prefer turkey.

FRUITY COLE SLAW Preferably Organic

1 small cabbage, sliced
2 tsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. spicey honey dijon mustard
1 apple (red delicious or fuji works well)

Slice cabbage. Slice and dice apple.
Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard.

Pour over cabbage and apples and toss.

Serves well with pork and summer chicken dishes. Also great in winter.

What is your favorite dark chocolate?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi there Laurie, All chocolate is good;) but Ghiradelli 60% is quite good and I can afford it! I also love just about any Lindt truffles. Okay, now my mouth is watering… There is a flourless chocolate cake I have been wanting to try. I may have to pick up some of that dark, delicious, devilish, decadent stuff soon darnit!

I love Asparagus and they are now in season here.
Asparagus is very low on calories, no fat or colestral and is a good source of various minerals and vitamins.

For two, served with mashed potatos and salad:
8-10 white asparagus, peal and cut in finger long pieces.
Marinate in lemon zest of 2 lemons, 2-3 choped shallots, olive oil, some chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
Heat up the oven to 200C.
Spread them on a tray and put it in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn a couple of times.

——————————————————————————————————-

This weekends recipe – Asparagus Risotto:
8-10 white asparagus or mix white and green, peal and cut in finger long pieces.
prepare some vegetable stock (can be made from the peels and the butts)- as much as it says on your risotto package.
Stir 2 chopped shallots, 1 chopped garlic clove, the rice and the asparagus in some olive oil.
!Leave the asparagus heads aside!
Lower the heat to medium and pour the stock on it, to just about cover it. Stir.
pour more stock slowly while stirring, whenever the fluid gets too low.
Once halfway done, add the asparagus heads to it.
Continue until the Risotto is done.
Add some chopped fresh parsely, freshly grated parmigiano and pepper
(Fresh salad to add more color on the side)

——————————————————————-
Both can also be done with green asparagus, you might need more green asparagus, no peeling and a shorter cooking time

…what a wonderful world….

What goes into a flourless chocolate cake?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Laurie! Thanks for the “my girl”. Those were fun times in high school. Now, to important stuff; I have seen a number of different recipes (usually with decadent, sinful etc. in the name, hmm…) but haven’t tried one yet. This one is simply “flourless chocolate cake”:
1/2 c. water, 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 c. white sugar, 19 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, 1 c. unssalted butter and 6 eggs.
Preheat oven to 300F. Grease one 10 inch round pan & set aside.
In small saucepan over med. heat, combine water, salt & sugar. Stir until completely dissolved then set aside.
Melt the bittersweet choc. either in a double boiler or in microwave. Pour melted chocolate into mixer bowl.
Cut the butter into pieces and beat the buter into the chocolate, 1 pc. at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time,
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway yp the sides of the cake pan.
Bake cake in the water bath at 300F for 45 min. the center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 sec. and invert onto a serving plate.
Just a note – Maybe serve this as a first course – and forget the other courses.:) Sorry for the abbrevs., but I’ve gotta getta goin…

I just copied & pasted a few posts from my weight loss blog @ http://roxannelee.wordpress.com
I hope these tips will be useful for someone. Thanks for all your great tips and recipes.

Here is a tip for saving on calories, next time you have a salad try squeezing a lemon or lime on the greens and add Himalayan salt and pepper. You might find that it is not too bad and it can be a great weight loss tool.

I have added a new powerful food to my daily routine and that is a kale and swiss chard smoothie. I cut a handful of each with 2 cups of pure apple juice and I squeeze two limes into the juicer or blender. It is an excellent way to add some more nutritious green to your diet and it doesn’t taste too bad either.

I received this awesome tip from Dr. Oz’s Real Age Newsletter about mushrooms. If you replace half of your meat in ground meat recipes with mushrooms you can barely tell the difference in the flavoring. I usually cut my mushrooms into small chunks and fry them for a few minutes before adding them to the raw meat. I use this method for hamburgers, chili, tacos & spaghetti & meatballs. Not only do I save a ton of calories but I also save money and the environment. A win, win, win scenario. :)

Everyday I drink one protein shake before my 60 minute power walk and sometimes I drink one modified shake before bed to take the hunger edge away. Right now I am using Kaizen Natural Whey Protein chocolate flavor which I like because it has a good flavor, it has no artificial sweeteners and high portion of proteins. I put two scoops in the blender with almond milk, a few good shakes of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa, 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, 1 teaspoon of milk thistle. This concoction will last me 3-4 days and I always have it ready to go in the fridge. I use the almond milk because I am allergic to dairy and this milk has no sugar and only 3 grams of fat per cup and I like the flavor. For a free sample of Kaizen go to: www.kaizencanada.com

I felt I should counteract my previous contributions with something easy and less indulgent. We enjoy butternut squash “fries”. You simply pare and cut the squash into long sticks (to look like fries), shake some extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt & pepper over them (I usually use my hands to make sure it’s evenly moistened) and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 425F about 20 min. turning over 1/2 way through. I have also cooked sweet potatoes this way. Experiment with the seasonings, like chili powder on the sweets might be Yummy!

Well these are some amazing recepies.
Recently I tried someting that is very healthy and it is called ‘Khousuoy’. It is a Burmese dish and full of all the goodness of vegetables and high protein.The way I make it is:
Broth:
*Boil 5 cups of water and add powdered gram (the raosted version you get in the oil free snacks section)about 2 spns.You can powder it in the grinder with little water. Also add 3 spns of coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil.
*add chopped vegetables of your choice and availability. I personally like to add mushrooms, carrots, peas, cauliflower/brocolli, tofu, etc.to the boiling mixture and boil for just 4-5 mins. set aside.
*Take 3 spns oil and fry chopped onions till they are really dark brown, take out on butter absorbing paper.In the same oil fry 3 diced garlics, set aside.

• dry roast peanuts, boil 3 eggs-chop to the size comforable to you in eating, chop green onions, some boiled meat/chiken pcs, add diced green chillies to some vinegar and keep in a small bowl.
  • boil some noodles.
  • now to eat— In a bowl take a spoonful of boiled noodles, top it with the gram and coconut – vegetable broth. Garnish with burnt onions, garlic, peanuts,eggs,vinegar-chillies,green onions, fresh coriander,meat pcs, and enjoy your complete meal!!
    I found this to be really full of the goodness of vegeables, protein(egg, meat, tofu), soup like hot for those rainy days and some carbs(noodles).
    My family loves it.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Salsa makes ‘everything’ taste great. This a recipe I took from Whole Foods:

Makes about 2 cups
Salsa has lots of advantages: It seems indulgent, but it’s actually a healthy choice, fat free and loaded with flavor and vegetables. It’s inexpensive, especially when the ingredients are home grown or in season. It’s versatile because you can make it hotter with more peppers or make it sweeter with fruit. And it’s easy!

Ingredients
2 cups chopped tomatoes (or a combination of tomatoes and fresh peaches, nectarines, mangoes or grapes)
1/3 cup chopped yellow or white onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 to 2 jalapeño or serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
Salt to taste

Method
Put all ingredients into a bowl, toss well and serve chilled or at room temperature.

Nutrition
Per serving (about 4oz/1/2 cup/116g-wt.): 25 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 6g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 1g protein

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Someone shared this recipe with me. Some of you nutrition folks might want to comment.

This incredible detox drink helps you burn fat, boost metabolism, lose weight, fight diabetes and lower blood pressure.
www.healthdigezt.com

Ingredients

1 glass of water (12-16 oz.)
2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Raw Honey

Directions
Blend all ingredients together

Secret Recipe Detox Drink will help your body burn fat, lose weight, fight diabetes.

Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to 6%. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet. (I use Bragg – Apple Cider Vinegar)

Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate ph. It contains, Vitamin C. (I use Lakewood Organic PURE Lemon Juice)

Cinnamon is one of the best anti-oxidants on the planet. It is the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.

Honey is very rich in various beneficial substances and can be used even for weight loss. For centuries it treated wounds, and also lung, gynecological, skin and heart diseases. One teaspoon of honey reduces pain in the throat, and even can calm nerves and can be very helpful to lose weight. It contains enzymes that stimulate the digestive process and boost your metabolism, which contributes to weight reduction.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content