login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Natural Home -Remedies

I’m so grateful that I usually feel pretty well. I know my mindset and favorite herbal teas have helped me a lot w/ lil’ cold this morning…though, it made me curious what my friends here (the all over the globe-bmindful community), do re:natural (purist)- remedies for all kinds of things. . I am not into otc items, or Rx medications. I’m into food, thought, prayer and exercise. A long these lines, what are your home remedies for that occasional cold?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

grapefruit seed extract—-Just a few drops in in liquid form. Very bitter! Does the trick for me.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Awww ((Big Cuddle)) Laurie, hope you get better real soon! My favourite cold remedy is good ol Hot Lemon Drink. Without added sugar nor honey. Very sour yes but it sure hits the spot, especially around my sore throat when I skull it back.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:

Thanks(: for the hugs and the well-wishes!
Hot lemon drink, I like that. I’m out of lemons->though will get some tomorrow. thanks(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

O. I just left you a note with my remedy :-)
I make a pot of soup. Sometimes with chicken, sometimes just vegatables. Prefarably seasonal vegatables. Last time I needed it, it was turnip with onions, lemon juice and fresh parsley.
Main thing though is to stay home and do nothing, just cuddle on the sofa, have the soup, lots of oranges and grapefruits and daydream.

My affirmation is: I am strong and absolutely healthy.

If you drink alcohol and the cold is realy realy bad, Grog helps alot: Tea or just hot water, honey, lemon juice and alcohol (brandy, rum or similar) in order to knock you out.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:

Wow, I must be foggy, I haven’t even made some soup. Thanks, for the reminder. And the staying home part and daydreaming sounds fantastic, though must work. Though, a day off is coming(:
And I love your affirmation : I am strong and absolutely healthy.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I too love the hot, healing soup. Chicken, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, rosemary, cayenne slowly simmered and add a squirt of fresh lemon at the end. MMmmmmm.

Here is information about the product I use for common colds.
http://www.nutriteam.com/index2.html I take the pills because there is no taste.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Hey L~ Remember when I was sick and fighting the flu/cold? My husband made me a nice hot tea made with lemon verbina & honey. I called it “stinky tea”, but it did the trick. A few glasses of it and I was up and running the next day. :) You were the one who did the research for me because I didn’t know what I was drinking… :) (I fully trust my husband to give me curing herbs!!)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I read the other day that a cold should be viewed in some way positive as it keeps the immune system in shape & ready if something much bigger comes along – do you think that’s true? If I feel something coming along I take plenty of garlic, C & horseradish tablets, and right now as we’re coming into autumn I’m remembering to take these daily, and try to exercise more for prevention.

Hope you’re starting to feel better Laurie. Have a nice warm shower & throw eucalyptus oil drops around and the steam will help clear your head.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Hello,

my favorite website for remedies is www.earthclinic.com there are so many useful remedies from around the world that you can find in your kitchen, garden and health food stores. People will write in and tell you if it worked for them or not. It has helped me immensly

Enjoy,
godscreation

In response to godscreation’s post:
Cool site godscreation! I found this there, check it out

On bmindful, I tried to get to know everyones time zone, so we could all think peaceful loving thoughts at the same time. There were so many different zones, I strayed away from the idea. The above site, chose 7:00pm whatever time-zone you’re in (therefore- it didn’t matter we all were not at the same time). Maybe here at bmindful can do the 7:00pm thing too. Even if we’re busy, we can still be more conscious of peace and harmony and love at this time. What do you think?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think this is an excellent idea people can spare a few minutes to do this. The world right now has many challenges and we need all the help we can get. By the way there is another website called “firethegrid.com” A woman by the name of Sally Yates had a great miracle happen to her and her son.
It is a very awesome story that will benefit mankind.

Peace,
godscreation

In response to laurie’s post:
A wonderful idea. Last night I heard Obamas speach while in Prag, re: no nuclear anywhere. And I was thinking of proposing the same thing here, send loving peace thoughts for the world. The more people do it, the more power will be there for a change.

…what a wonderful world….

I just read this thread and clicked on the link – looked at the time 7.00 pm ,what wonderful synchronicity

I love this idea

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content