login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Have Your Own Personal Party

You have just entered your own party, and people can come check out your party anytime they want.

Here’s the deal. You are the disc jockey, the host and the party. You link your songs in order of how they’ll play at your party. When you think of more songs, come back and edit them into your party. You can comment on other people’s party as a reply anywhere; but adding more songs to your own party can only be edited into your own party you already began. ‘Maybe’ (:, we can’t keep it between 25-30 songs each. Though, if you like a song better after awhile, you can always go back and edit and add it. Who knows maybe 25-30 songs is too little; do what ya like (smiles).

All you have to know how to do is link a song, edit and add it. Any questions. Make sense?

You can go to youtube or one of our many music threads to find music. You can even take songs from other people’s parties here. Then whenever you want songs all in one place, that put you in your favorite party mood, you’ll be amongfriends and have a great place to hang out.

OK Let’s get our parties started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
——————
PS

To edit-> Do you see it? Put your mouse-cursor over the little boxes to the right. It is a very faint box to the right with a little pencil icon.
———————

And to Link-> Themadcookieman and Lee showed me how. This is what you do.

First put a quotation mark.
Second type in what you want the link to say.
Third put in a second quotation mark at the end of your text.
Then put in a :
Forth, right after the last quotation put in the link info.
(you can copy and paste it from the search bar from the page you want to link to)

Here’s an example.

1.Write out text like:
This one gets me in a party mood!

2. Put quotes around it
“This one gets me in a party mood!”

3. After the quotes add a :
“This one gets me in a party mood!”:

4.then cut and paste the url address that you’ve cut and pasted like

When you’re done it will look like this
This one gets me in a party mood!

Now Click on this song, and party! (:

The mistake I made in the past, is I had a space somewhere. No spaces before quotes or :

If you need more help with learning how to link, there’s a practice thread waiting for you

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

New List in Process

Doing a new Party List, since the first was created in 2009.
The New List is in Process(:

Will return will old music I had that hadn’t been removed and new music I gravitate toward. Looking forward to hearing your choices

I have several lists around the site…I will be revising this thread and selections soon. Select a post and add and edit your own favorites. Have fun(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I like your idea Laurie. Sort of a personal playlist here on BeMindful that you can share. To find someones favorites, you can always go to their original Party post and find them. I’m looking forward to it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

OH Yes I am here for partying! Will have to come in late thou, got a day fill of planning lol!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok – Mi amigos! Viva Diversity! Here is to all my friends around the world here on bmindful.

John Lennon – Imagine

This song is how I developed my philosophy for many areas of my life. I firmly believe we are all one people. No need for wars, poverty, etc.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’m gonna start one here soon, but I’ve been so busy posting in the music threads you started have been keeping me pretty busy!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The Mad Cookieman’s Official Pop Party Post.

Fun friendly music that makes you feel good. I great list of songs that would make any party a great place to be. I might do a Dance Party post after this one, but this is what I would be playing for a party where people are just hanging out with friends and having a good time. Nothing too out there, just a nice mix of pop, rock, easily-likeable jazz, and maybe a smattering of country songs that I particularly like. I’m your host, Jeff. Welcome to my party. Let me get you a drink. Make yourself at home. I’ve got several beers, wine, spirits, sodas, and juices to choose from. Let’s see, there’s Cabernet, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Chablis, Merlot, Zin, White Zin, Burgundy, Chianti, Chablis, Gwertz, Chateauneuffdapop or whatever ya call it, and lots of other stuff too. I’ve got some Guiness, Paulaner, Spaten, Corsendonk, um….. Celis White, ….um…well, you get the picture. I’ll introduce you around in a sec, there are folks on the front porch, on the back deck, in the kitchen, den, living room, and out by the jacuzzi! Feel free to get in the jacuzzi if ya like, I’ve got suits and towls aplenty. Just keep your pants on, it’s not that kinda party!

Man, I sure can get silly sometimes. I’m gonna make this interesting, to find out what the songs are you have to actually click on the link!

here’s a song by Laurie’s favorite groups….
to be continued……

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

My party cant start without this all time classic from the 80’s, typical westie kiwi party starter. Click click of wine glasses and beers by Th’ Dudes – Bliss

The Eagles – Life In The Fast Lane

Black Crowes – She Talks To Angels

Reggae Is Soul! Bob Marley – One Love

More from The Eagles – Take It Easy

More Reggae from Legendary Bob Marley – Is This Love

Cant forget this one! Another kiwi classic! The Exponents – Why Does Love Do This To Me

^ Madcookieman, you have got to watch this, at the start of the video clip, The Exponents have filmed in Rotorua, at one of the many Mud Pools there, hot steam coming from the ground!

Hello Sailor – Gutter Black

Janis Joplin – Me And Bobby McGee

Neil Young – Heart Of Gold

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Wow love your party. The very first song made me smile, hadn’t heard the pina colada song for a looooooong time, it brought back nice memories.

…what a wonderful world….

Well I usually ask others to bring music. I do the food. Help yourselves to the drinks, they’re all in the kitchen.
Here are some of my favorite songs though:

Blind
Bill Murray
Told you:“As”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iA5412cXLE
A MUST at Xmas
Aaaaaa…
One more Wham

Will leave out Bob Marley, we can hear him at Pure Essence

Yello
While at this one, here’s also Kraftwerk

So lets dance now.

Some years ago I did a seminar called ‘life coaching’ and this song was the main all through the seminar, still has a motivating effect on me.
Life

Are we human
Black eyed Peas
(Hope to make it to their concert this summer)
Faithless
(uuuuuu hair rising)
More Faithless

Got to have at least one arabic song at a dance party:
Haifa

Here are some non english songs (should have been played in the middle):
Persian
Fado

In response to laurie’s post:
YESSSS Santana

In response to aftab’s post:
I saw you liked George Michael? Did you ever use to watch the tv show Eli Stone, where George Michael appears to Eli as part of his visions for helping Eli to change the world. Here’s a little clip

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

i’m fortunate to count many of Sydneys finest tech, prog, house, and trance DJs amongst my friends so at parties i never have to worry about music! :D

In response to laurie’s post:
:-D that was funny

Boards of Canada – Davyan Cowboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrBZeWjGjl8

Yanni – Deliverence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYRJPYO_k44

i wouldn’t play these at a party, but f** they are amazing tunes.

I would play romantic songs and classical music…And people around feel themselves refreshed and relax…There are a lot chocolates around, people are so happy, and the most important thing is people are good intended.

In response to lavanta’s post:
Your party has made me feel relaxed and happy today, thank you. So here’s my relaxing contribution, a Sunday morning chillout session where you can shut your eyes and dream.
Piano&HarpDuet
The Swan

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

^^Did someone say chocolate? Fabulous! A wine tasting, some cheeses, nuts, crusty bread, nectarines, bananas, strawberries and chocolate. Play some word association games and “win, lose or draw”. In the background, I hear, Blondi, Talking Heads, the Stones, the B52s, Fergie, Smokey Robinson, Bernsteins’ Blue Danube ooooh – we might be late getting home…

I love chocolate, it makes me happy…

Anyone want to hear a few tunes at my place…

Led Zeppelin – Dyer Maker
Pixies – Debaser
The Stems – At First Sight
Hunters & Collectors – Throw your arms around me
Ska Ska Club – Secret of the night
Squirrel Nut Zippers – Bad Businessman

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In the mood for some French?…

Yannick – Ces soirees-la

Soha – Cafe bleu

Vanessa Paradis – L’incendie

Plastic Bertrand – ca plane pour moi

Thanks for dropping in Laurie! SOMEONE put Blue Danube on when I WANTED Rhapsody in Blue. All is well now that Vivi has infused some fun and GodsCreation would enjoy it here as well. We should have some cafe au lait pour mes amis – oui, that’s me wishing I spoke french – oui, it’s on my vision board.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content