login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Discussion★Back to the Basics Ahhh that feels better(:

• This thread is about going back to the basics with faith…& application of faith & what that means to you.
  •  From The Healing Power of Prayer from Science Daily While this quote was referring to intercessory prayer -> “We do not need science to validate our spiritual beliefs, as we would never use faith to validate our scientific data.” …it is quite useful in relating to the experience of prayer as a whole…selfcare
  • I’ve had some lessons quite recently…that reminded me what it means to let go and practice my understanding of connection to Something Greater. I’ve been juggling a lot for awhile…and often quite proud of what I was able to accomplish in the midst of things which appeared stupid. Some of the “life-tools” I use needed a little less use…and i needed to utilize God as a prime tool and brand new…ways….I didn’t know I needed to create fresh heart/fresh eyes on this….because I was judging things by the outcome/results. Not until some results became questionable… and a bit more out of range…did I begin start asking better questions…which led me right back to basics for me…more God…(:

Affirmative Prayer & Surrender  

•  Thank YOU God for directing my mind, body in ways that Only a Perfect Source could Provide, Your Source… to allow my spirit (your Spirit) to SHINE. I surrender to You…I’m only a co-pilot…and I take good direction. It is all so. All is well. Amen.
  • surrender- Today I’m grateful to surrender my life to You God. I am seen in a Good Light because You are My Light. I do Good things because You direct my ways. I believe Good things because You show me how to put my thoughts together. i feel wonderful because You are in my heart of hearts and allow Your Spark to fill my Spirit. All is well. It is all so.Amen. 
  • Affirmation I added today: I am clear about my needs/desires, and I always allow God to guide me in the direction of my Greatest Good.
  • This is not an off limits thread for those who don’t believe in a Higher Power…I just wanted to kick this thread off with my personal experience of going back to the basics ….basics I simply, powerfully and gratefully attribute to God

•►• •►• •►• •►• •►• •►•
One of my favorite quotes was by an unknown Confederate soldier. This is the last statement from that quote: “Almost, despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am… most richly blessed”
•►• •►• •►• •►• •►• •►•

“Let Go and Let God.”

– poem The author is unknown, as many people claim to have written it.

As Children bring their broken toys

with tears for us to mend,

I brought my broken dreams to God

because He was my friend.

But then, instead of leaving Him,

in peace, to work alone;

I hung around and tried to help,

with ways that were my own.

At last, I snatched them back and cried,

“How can you be so slow?”

“My child,” He said, “What could I do?

You never did let go.”
•►• •►• •►• •►• •►• •►•

• So once again…this thread is about going back to the basics with faith…& what that means to you.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Time to relax and let good things happen.

EDIT: Oops. Now I read more than just your title. You’re talking about God! OK, fine. Time to relax and let God work!

In response to AccidentalNote’s post: I took out the part of the title that you read..refresh & reboot…it sounded like more work and focus stuff(: Yes I was referencing God(:

• so happily agreeing with back to the basics…“Time to relax and let good things happen” Though as the old shake and bake commercial used to say…….“and I helped” … [but I’m not in charge…and I like it like that] (:
    Thanks for lightening up/balancing out this thread accidentalnote(: It needed tweaking. So I did(: Thanks for joining in(:
    Back to the Basics Amen to that!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What does it mean? “The Basics”. There must be a few ideas that are basic. How do we know what we know? What is the “right” way to live? What is the “right” way to govern? If we take out the govern part we get down to –

What do we know?
How should we live our lives?

So, what DO we know about how to live our lives the “right” way? I’m still muddling through that stuff. The more I think I know, the more I realize that I don’t know very much and what I do know I know I could be wrong about. Still, I keep trying. Sometimes I get tired of thinking about it and just have to let go of it for a while, but I always go back to trying to find answers even though I’ll never get absolute answers to some of my questions.

What are some thing you guys are “pretty sure” about? If we had to strip it down to just a handful of sentences what would those sentences say?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
I think you hit it right on SRWE….(and Accidental Note too) …it has to do with letting go. Letting go is truly a process…and I’m sure different for each of us. Though for me…as I had mentioned in my intro post:
“Some of the “life-tools” I use needed a little less use…and i needed to utilize God as a prime tool and brand new…ways….I didn’t know I needed to create fresh heart/fresh eyes on this….because I was judging things by the outcome/results. Not until some results became questionable… and a bit more out of range…did I begin start asking better questions…which led me right back to basics for me…more God…”

• I think we feel that peace…and know that ‘something’ …and we can count on something…when we let go of our own understanding
  • I think the problem is… sometimes…we THINK we are letting go…because we can articulate so much of experience
  • Articulating/clarifying things is not The process…It’s part of a process. It can definitely assist. Though it can also add a bit of immediate confusion or confusion to come…in a process that requires a step that sometimes gets skipped…the process of willingness … to let go…let go of what you academically understand as true…for awhile. A lot can be said for what we learn & can understand. I am grateful for that ability, (ability…that whenever I can spot I missed that letting go step…and/or when I choose to let go again)as I’m sure others are..who see the complexity of the self

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content