login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚How can you tell when a specific affirmation is beginning to work?

For me, I usually get thoughts similar to “what the heck am i doing? this will never work!”, then, when i started personal development, i’d stop using the affirmation. These days I know that thoughts such as these are generated from deep within my subconscious. It’s like it gets scared because its belief structure is being challenged.

For the last 7 hours or so, I’ve had a single affirmation on repeat on my cd player, in the background. The affirmation is “I now make good friends quickly and easily”. I noticed it doing its job when I felt like taking a baseball bat to it:P

Care to share your own ways of noticing?

• In response to edduffe I understand that baseball bat(:
  • my example…result-> during the studying and the taking of (short-comprehensive) exam (today), which I did well and learned a lot(good news but there is more)…self talk and improved concentration was evident… for studies & exam which were of a critical nature to me./ I felt and experienced…the conversation of self talk occurring…between the self before (before…the recent focus of involved affirmation-tools) and the new self. … Yes, it was not without some “thought-battle” …(because of new technical areas and my perceived challenges)…Though it was manageable and I succeeded, and the result was a greater level of confidence in areas such as the technical area I was learning…and a renewed interest in studying components of concentration and personal learning styles.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to edduffe’s post:

I had another example of noticing how affirmations worked this morning. My hubby was leaving for work early this morning and I was still catching a bit more rest. He was attempting to exchange usual warm sentiments before walking out the door…and he added one…that almost really woke me up. He said “You are so brave”.
And …while I couldn’t figure out what he was talking about…and trying to was waking me up…I simply said “thank you”. As I started to wake…but not fully…I started to wonder what am I so brave about?

I won’t detail on the site…but I will say I am involved in a lot of footwork these days that has taken a lot of mental, emotional, spiritual footwork. And because of affirmation-tools ….I don’t see things as being brave…because the things I am doing…are already part of me.

Though, after reviewing my hubby’s supportive sentiment…I am noticing…what bravery is. And it doesn’t have to hurt…or be overwhelming…(at all stages). Thanks for this thread edduffe and thanks for you. It is a wonderful thing to notice the specifics as to how the tools one uses are assisting daily and over time. (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thankyou :)

In Arnold Schwarzenegger’s first book (Education of a bodybuilder), he talks about many conceppts he used from what we know today as LOA. Back then, he used visualisation (with additional pictures and affirmations). To keep his mind focused on the results he wanted, he stood in front of a mirror and posed. During this, he was always looking for improvements, a little here, a bit there.

Noticing you are moving in the direction of your desired results, no matter how small, is essential.

Thanks, great conversation. I too am working on LOA and affirmations. I use a technique called clearing the affirmation so they are more believable. Simply write down the affirmation then in the next column write why I do not believe it and keep doing it till it is more believable.

My Blessings,

Mary Rettig

Like my page at https://www.facebook.com/maryerettigpage

In response to maryre’s post:

• Hello marye,Like your clearing method (:
  • Sounds a bit like what I get out of by doing the focus wheel
  • I enjoy reframing ideas into believable affirmations!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to edduffe’s post:
I love what you said here and I love that you took a baseball bat to your resistance. Our comfort zone loves to say “Hey, who do you think you are, let’s keep everything just the way it is, now settle down and get back in line”. I think I’m gonna dust my baseball bat off too.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:
Congrats on your success!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:
You are blessed to have such a great husband!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

• In response to edduffee I believe what you stated: “Noticing you are moving in the direction of your desired results, no matter how small, is essential” [great reinforcement for the awareness of the foundation/beginnings of change]
  • In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post: I took the baseball bat a different way. I thought…when listening to affirmations repeatedly edduffee wanted to take a baseball bat to the repetitiousness of the affirming thoughts ….because he finally got it…(was now saturated and was where he needed to be) and listening to it again was no longer needed…(enough!) (: And….while I’d like to know what eduffee meant…I also like the idea..no matter what was referenced …that we all hear what we need to hear to continue to move forward(:
  • In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post: Thank you…in regard to the successes I’ve been feeling.
  • In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post: . And in regard to my hubby & being blessed…I was just thinking/feeling the same thing(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have noticed that so many times affirmations did work for me..Sooner or later..1st time when I tried, I was in final year and we were supposed to give presentation. But date wasn’t fixed. and we didn’t even know our topics. Suddenly one day sir came and announced out surprise presentations!! And I was the first one.We were given only 5 mins. Others were reading over their topics where as I was telling my self that Sir is impressed by me because i have given my best in presentation!! To my utter surprise, In 60 students I got the 1st rank and highest marks!! Sir praised me a lot!! that too for 2 days!! IT took just 5 damn minutes!! 2nd time, It started curing my tumour and my pimples. But I made a single mistake and every thing was ruined!! < thanks to negative affirmation> Now m back on track!! But it works!!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content