login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Sharing how Be Mindful has helped you personally

I guess I’m just a chatterbox tonight, but the last thread I read made me want to post some more instead of hitting the hay.

I wont go into depression here, but trust me, I know what it is. Recently, I have started to come back out of my shell. I’m starting to feel alive again and I know Be Mindful is part of the reason. Hat’s off to you, Lee, and my bemindful friends. You know who you are.

Anyway, for a very long time, several years in fact, I would NOT go out. I didn’t want to be seen. I felt ashamed of my life. But as I look over the past year, and especially since I started making some efforts with affirmations and using this site things have really begun to change. I’ve started going to see friends again. I’m reaching out to people. I’m beginning to get involved in life again.

My friends used to call me all the time and ask me to come out. I would always make up an excuse, or say I’ll try, but I never would go. They even made bets as to whether or not I would show up. After a while, they would come and try to drag me out of the house. They eventually gave up. I cut myself off from everyone. Well, that is changing. My friends still call on occasion, but now I’m starting to go out again. This has all started to happen over the last couple of months, about the time I started working on affirmations and coming to this site.

Last weekend a friend called and asked me to come to a party and I said I’d come. They said “bring your guitar”, and I said I would. Well, when I showed up there were probably forty people there. I knew a lot of them, but I had been away so long that I didn’t know a lot of them too. It felt good. There were so many people that were so excited to see me it made me feel really good. Some of my dearest friends were there. I even got up and played a few songs with the band. Later we were sitting on the porch and I was one of the last to leave.

Also, I’m gonna’ go float the Buffalo National river next month. Three days of camping along the river with a good friend. We used to go every year.

I know I’m rambling, but I also want to say how nice it is sometimes to come to this site and just ramble like this. To share. To learn. To communicate during the day, and especially at the end of the day like right now!

Thanks BeMindful

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

WOW I don’t know what to say!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I’m so glad bmindful was a part of a positive change in your life!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Jeff, you are an extraordinary individual. You have amazing talents, a wonderful spirit and passionate about life. You have what it takes to be whereever and whatever you want. So very excited about your new beginings!

Today is such a brand new day, that we can choose to take the best of all of what we know, and the promise of our decision to begin from where we’re at to create whatever we want. You my friend, are a perfect example of that. Great guy you are. Have a wonderful day, every day.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
I’m so happy for you MCM, thanks for putting a tear in my eye. I wish you all the best fun & adventure with your camping trip, and more many happy parties to come.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

:) Reading your post made me feel so happy for you :) and happy here in my heart! Thank you for sharing :)

Have fun at the camping trip, I’m doing the same at Easter!

Focus

I’m so glad you found this thread and brought it up to the top! There are wonderful things hidden in these pages.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

this thread is from 2009-2012. How about bringing this one current? (:

• ~
    Thank you SMRWE for this thread!

The site is not the only entity that continues to move forward with positive change… Every person who truly visits and utilizes sharing, caring, being here adds regular transformative experience to their lives and others…and I Am no exception to this occurrence(:

Looking back to my beginnings on this site many yrs ago- is not just synonymous with creating affirmations, as SRWE has shown by his beautiful example, it is synonymous with creating more life to life.

I remain appreciative.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare:I Like Right Now♡˚'s post:

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

Wonderful thread! Isn't it awesome to look back, and map on to all of life's journey?! 

Self care, I love your words --- "creating more life to life"!

I will share my view of Bmindful and all of the life giving affirmations.

It has been an awesome source - and a resource.  I have learned and I have grown a great deal.

I have used affirmations as a way to connect with myself on many levels. Life can be so complex, and I am very glad that Bmindful was up and running when I discovered it!

I use affirmations and quotes from many other people ALL the time. It is really amazing as I look at my journey, and I look at how using simple yet empowering words as brought so much clarity and  freedom - to create and to learn how to love and take care of myself, and, really, how to live my best life possible!

And, I am so grateful for all of the fruit of all of our collective labor! This is not a one person job! There has been enormous contribution from many people, and the good energy keeps flowing and keeps lifting others up and we are all made better by the efforts and affirmations and quotes of millions of phenomenal people!  Their courage has shaped and influenced my courage.  Their hope has strengthened and reinforced my hope. Their words became our words. And our service - to ourselves - and to one another will keep going. We will share our very best, with just enough time to touch and to connect to the hearts and minds of our future generations, our future leaders, who will need to be taught kindness, compassion, wisdom, joy and goodwill matter.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi's post:

lovely, Kathi!!

all of it!!!

... - to ourselves - and to one another will keep going. We will share our very best, with just enough time to touch and to connect to the hearts and minds of our future generations, our future leaders, who will need to be taught kindness, compassion, wisdom, joy and goodwill matter.

And yes it is a wonderful thing to look at our progressive journey!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content