login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Do you always follow your gut feeling (instinct)?

We all have them – that feeling that you know you should (or shouldn’t) do something, but you ignore it!

Why do we do that?

Our gut instincts are one of our most powerful human reactions. There’s usually no logic or reason, just “that feeling” that you know you should do a certain thing.

What’s your experience of following (or not following) your gut?

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

This reminds me that I need more time in meditation, because my intuition has been very silent lately. That is a bad sign!! I haven’t been focused on listening to my “higher self” and I haven’t had time to do my beloved writing sessions that give me the most insight.

BTW, usually my “gut” gives me information that I can rely on.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Don’t you find exercise, clears the mind for your intuition to shine? And I agree the gut-chatter knows (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Exercise clears the mind for intuition if you don’t have a husband giving your exercise a deadline to be finished, and three small kids begging… Are you done yet mommy? Now? How about now? How much longer? Why are you sweating? Oh, you stink! Are you done yet? How come you are rolling your eyes? Mooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…. Yeah, that one kind of clogs the old intuition channel. :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

PS: New mental note… go to gym A L O N E ! ! !

Yes- the voice of our gut is an amazingly powerful thing! I’m trying to think of a recent time when I knew I should have listened but didn’t, but my mind is drawing a blank. In the past though, I can think of two main events where I KNEW something but ignored it:

In the first situation I could have totally avoided getting into a motorcycle accident (don’t worry- it only resulted in bruises and some bleeding).
The second one involved a relationship in which I was being cheated on. Totally knew it and in specific details (in the back of my mind) but chose to ignore it for 9 months…What a mess that was…

I’ve read from a book:

If you are not using your intuition for discernment, you will lack enthusiasm.

SO TRUE. I have been following my gut feeling a lot these weeks and have found so much more energy in my body and a general speeding up of events.

Focus

How glad I am to know that other people ignore their gut feelings. I have done so many times and realised later that my gut/instinct was right. In order to listen to my gut feeling I need to be quiet and with a busy life it’s not always easy to calm myself to the point of listening to that feeling. However I keep on keeping on. It’s just so easy to let your logical mind argue with a feeling and to let it win. I guess it’s all a matter of letting go and having faith in yourself and what yourself tells you.

Does anyone confuse else confuse their gut feelings with suspicious thoughts? I sometimes can’t tell which is what.

Focus

In response to freygan’s post:
That is exactly what I wanted to write

I quit often have different thoughts and ‘we’ get caught up in discussions, so that at the end I don’t know which was the first one the gut feeling.
I believe the very first thought/feeling is the intuition/gut feeling. And the others are actually result from fear.
Still I do confuse them often and let the ‘reasonable’ ‘safe’ one win :-/

Interesting to have this thread here now. I was thinking only recently how I can intensify and trust my gut feeling more.

…what a wonderful world….

Something happened that affected my life and will burden me for some time. I consider it unacceptable. I could not move to the next step of ‘okay, what now?’ because I did not want to accept what was. And then I found myself saying “the universe has spoken”.

This may be a little corny but it helped me accept a tragic event.

Gut instincts can be scary sometimes too.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

love this discussion thread, looking  forward to returning to this thread... (2019) (:

bookmark(:

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post:

I would like to elaborate on this(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content