login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★An Act Of Kindness

An Act Of Kindness
By Ton Pascal

My personal philosophy is that an act of kindness a day will keep the evil spirits away. An act of kindness is a positive affirmation and attitude that will not only change your perception of the world, but also that of the person who receives the kindness- Kindness goes hand in hand with the Law of Attraction.

From whatever social, religious, or geographic background you may have came from, I am sure that you’ve heard stories and parables about good deeds being rewarded. This concept has been ingrained in the human mind since the beginning of time. It is a fact recorded in stone, clay tablets and/or manuscript parchments going back centuries.

The Christian Bible, for example, has many tales and parables of how a good deed is seen and rewarded by God. In Matthew 25:34-36, we read: Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me.’

Another example is the Jewish concept of a mitzvah that has also a secondary meaning; a moral deed performed as a religious duty. As such the Hebrew mitzvah (“commandment”) came to be known and expressed as an act of human kindness.

Could all of these people, with their different beliefs and cultures be wrong? I don’t think so.

“Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty” wrote the American writer Anne Herbert in 1982 on a place mat at a restaurant in California. I’m glad to see our global community becoming much more involved in changing people’s perception towards positive living and behavior. In Canada I’ve seen several TV commercials encouraging young teenagers to have good manners, and promoting the concept that helping and supporting one another is a beautiful trait of character building. I hope this trend catches on.

Across the world there are a lot of selfless groups anonymously assisting and cheering up other people. Kindness is not only divine but also a contagious energy that will lift your own spirits. Try it and you’ll see the results immediately.

Include kindness into your daily positive affirmations. Make a list of the kind things you think you can do for others. Some people like to do things as part of a group, others prefer to do it by themselves, in their own way. Whatever you decide do, do it today. Start with a sincere smile at the stranger in the street. Or hold the door open for someone. It’s not just good manners, it’s a polite, positive and thoughtful act you should do for friends and strangers alike.

Here are a few other selfless things you can do without spending a penny to gain priceless rewards:
Smile a lot.
Send a ‘thinking of you’ card to a friend for no reason.
Compliment a colleague for his or her excellence.
Talk and have a normal, non judgmental conversation with a homeless person.
Hold the train door open for someone rushing to get in.
Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
Send someone who has helped you in the past a hand written note of thanks.
Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
If you are not in a hurry; give another driver your parking spot.
Tell your family members how much your appreciate them.
Help an elderly neighbor carry the rubbish out.

Have a great journey,

Ton Pascal

No Act Wasted

Steve Goodier – No Wrong Time to Say the Right Thing

A cartoon depicts a woman shaking hands with her clergyman as she leaves the church. The caption says, “Thank you for the sermon. It was like water to a drowning man.” Some compliments are better left unsaid….

Isn’t it true that words carry with them immense power? Power to build up and power to tear down. Such was the case with the words of Maude, a woman who learned that there is no wrong time to say the right thing.

It was a cold, rainy day in March. Across the room in the millinery department of the store where Maude worked, sat Laura, a woman about Maude’s age. Other workers did not like Laura; they thought her to be snobbish and aloof. And Maude agreed.
But sweeping the bias from her eyes, she made up her mind to say something kind to Laura. Finally, she managed, “Do you know, Laura, that I’ve worked in this room with you for several years. And whenever I glance up I see your head silhouetted against the window there behind you. I think you have the prettiest profile and hair that I have ever seen on anybody.” Her words were not insincere flattery. She meant it.

Laura looked up and began to cry. “That’s the first kind word anybody has ever said to me in all the years I’ve worked here,” she said.

Maude discovered that Laura’s aloofness was not due to snobbishness, but shyness. The two became friends. Other workers soon began to include Laura in their activities, and she blossomed like a flower that, for the first time, received adequate sunlight. The right words, spoken in kindness, considerably changed one life.

Never underestimate the power of your words. There is no wrong time to say the right thing. And there is no better time than now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few years ago on this site,Fregan posted this video on validating others….quite cute…if you have about 16 minutes

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great post.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content