login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Words That Resonate for You

Isn’t it interesting how some words resonate with us? Often when I am reading or listening to an audiobook a single word will really jump out at me. A word that struck me the other day was ‘control’. Control! Who is in control of me? Who controls what I put in my mouth? Who is in control of what I focus on? Who is in control of what I say? Who is in control of how I present myself to the world? Who is making excuses? Who is responsible? Who? Who? Who? Well, for the most part it is Me, Me, Me.

What are some words that are resonating with you guys these days? Why are these words resonating for you?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Control resonates well with me also. It is an area in which I lack as I have a tendency to assume and over react in situations that I see as confusing or misleading.

I control my thoughts.
I control my response.
I control no one but me.

Gratitude – Acceptance – Joy – Action -Intention -Love – Balance – “Big Picture”, Health-minded

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I was listening to Nathaniel Braden’s Six Pillars of Self-Esteem on audio today. I really like it. One thing that comes to mind that he said during the self responsibility part was “No one is coming to save you”! I’m really digging this audiobook.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
“No one is coming to save you” That’s why I like this quote(:

by Ralph Marston entitled:It’s Your Life

There’s no sense in fighting over the scraps that others might or might not throw under the table. Instead, get busy and create your own magnificent feast.

Stop going from door to door begging for someone else to solve all your problems for you.

Instead pick a formidable challenge, work your way through it, and you’ll build plenty of strength and experience to handle whatever situations come your way.

What possible use is there in developing elaborate arguments that place the blame for your difficulties on someone else? Put your energy into creating a brilliant future, not into fighting over what has already been left behind.

This is your life. The only person who can successfully live it is you.

Do you really think you can ever find fulfillment by signing over your control and responsibility to someone else? You’re here to live and to do, not to merely observe and complain.

Nothing that could ever be done for you or handed to you can come close to the experience of making a positive difference in your own unique way. This is your life, so jump right in and live the exquisite richness as you make your own way through.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I liked that a lot. I posted it on fb. This is good also.

A Culture of Accountability

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA
uy

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

peace ,kindness,namaste ,angels, nature
love flowergirl

today the word that resonates with me is

WIND

wind is very powerful
it is clear and refreshing
can feel warm or cool

wind can be strong or subtle

wind is another of melody
in natures symphony

wind can bring or take

nothing can stop it
but a command from God

at this moment I hear the wind
and I picture it clearing away the debris
in my mind , thoughts , life

as it carries on it’s wings
a new seed of joy ,
peace , contentment
to nurture ,
protect
and love.

Also concerning my previous post about control. I have recognized my need to let go and let others use their own free will/thinking.
I still struggle with that at times concerning my teenage daughter and my husband. With them I need to learn more patience and not sweat the small stuff. But when mis-communication or the lack of them trying (laziness, not listening, not caring) , I often begin to over analyze, make assumptions and get upset.
So the control is not about me controlling others, but more about me controlling me in reaction to letting go and letting them make their own mistakes. I get upset because yes they say I am too controlling but on the other hand when they goof up they want/need me there to bale them out.

I need to just be there and not get upset.

I control my serenity. I should not let what others do effect my peace of mind.

Just be.
Just love.

I hope you like my little drawing. I am wondering what you think. Is your level of self-esteem related to your level of success in all areas of your life? Is it a common denominator? What are some ways we can work on self- esteem? Ideas?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

One thing that crosses my mind is living in congruency with values. I am in some areas, but not in others. Here are my values. (I actually took some time and figured mine out.) Some of them come very naturally to me, but some are more difficult for me. I feel like I need to figure out a way to re-frame my thinking in some ways to make the values I have a harder time living up to come more naturally.

Here is a little pic I made with my values. The five on the lower half of the circle come very naturally to me, but the ones across the top half are ones I struggle with. I have a newer version in which I included courage, but I didn’t want to go through the process of uploading it. I just thought you might like to see my pic because you might want to make one kind of like it for yourself and put it on your vision-board or something.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Urban Yogi’s post:

What does “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” mean? I saw a movie the other day with Julia Roberts in it, it was called “Eat, Love, Pray” or something like that. It is based on a popular book. Anyway, it made me think of that word, Namaste, or whatever it is. I think it means something like “I see you”, or something like that. And when you say Namaste, I think it means something a little more deep and meaningful than simply “I see you”. Kind of like I recognize you as a unique and special being or something. Anyone care to share?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hi cookieman ,love your drawings .
I believe OM NAMAH SHIVAYA means I honour the divinity that resides within me
and Namaste means The spirit in me respects the spirit in you

Im not 100% sure these are exaxtly right but that is how i use them ,love flowergirl

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Love your drawing..and your values!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

love this thread from 2011.

SRWE asks:

What are some words that are resonating with you guys these days? Why are these words resonating for you?

Off the top these days:

• peaceful
  • perfect
  • gentle
  • spirit
  • allow
  • energy
  • harmonious
  • faith
  • beauty
  • splendor
  • surrender
  • soar
  • glide
  • content
  • depth
  • joyful
  • belief
  • results
  • action
  • decide
  • choices
  • favored
  • bless
  • loving soul

My reason:

be back soonkiss

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content