login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Becoming an Expert

Let’s discuss what it truly takes to become an expert at something.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Laurie~LovesFocusingWell’s post:

From what I understand anyone can become an expert at anything if they have the desire, the ambition and the focus.

I think most of us have the desire, ambition, but lack the focus to stay on track to one thing to become an expert. Then again when I think about it most of us are experts at something, we just don’t know what it is.

I know you are an expert at a few things, Laurie, your postings being one.

The thing we have to understand that being an expert at anything, does not mean that we know everything about it. Being an expert is one who keeps on learning and it always open to new concepts about their chosen field.

Some fields of expertise are more difficult then others, which does not lessen the expertise. Expert at gardening, grows a great garden and an expert at math, can solve any problem eventually.

WE ARE EXPERTS! Depending on our own choices don’t you think?

Bless you and yours

Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to rockswealth’s post:
I like what you have to say on the subject, and agree with your statements ->like..“I think most of us have the desire, ambition, but lack the focus to stay on track to one thing to become an expert. Then again when I think about it most of us are experts at something, we just don’t know what it is.”

I brought up the topic, because I hope to get lots of dialogue going on the subject.

We do a lot in this community to feel great about ourselves and to do the next right thing. We affirm our abilities, and we praise our talents.

I read today “..turns out that even for Mozart, it took close to 3500 hours of intense practice and thinking to become a genius at age 6. To really develop a skill it seems that it takes about 10 years and/or 10,000 hours of “deliberate practice”. (But we often fail to appreciate what it takes).”

I would like to know what everyone feels about honing in on their gifts.
We all have areas that feel special to us, because we enjoy them, studied things, just have “a natural” quality or all of the above.

What are your gifts people? Lets discuss how we pave the way to be at least experts for ourselves, and also how we share those gifts with others.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

We step on the accelerator of advancement in any area when put intense focus on the fringes – the boundaries of our skills and talents. A person who deliberately focuses energy at the limits of his skill and understanding can easily improve at a rate of five to ten times that of other people. I’m reading some stuff on the subject right now and will add more when I know more. Also, if you were to put in a half-hour to an hour a day of study in any area, within two years you would be one of the worlds leading experts in the subject you studied.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
the hour and 1/2 a day….sounds doable.(:
Sounds like a little Brian, huh? I am looking forward to all you found. That is one of my favorite things Brian T. says ..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m hoping for more from mcm on this too. Whatcha reading?

I’m reading The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Sounds great..Almost finished? Can’t wait to hear what you’ve learned..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content