login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

β˜…New Here... Help!!!!

So I am feeling really depressed. I have no job. I am filing for bankruptcy soon and I just had to surrender my car to the finance company. I feel like a big loser. Not to mention I have suffered from depression and low self esteem all my life. I am over weight and have been made fun of all through out school. I still carry those awful feelings with me. I have read a ton of self help books to try and gain self esteem and to love myself but I feel so much shame and embarrassment. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

hi and welcome ,im sure you will get so much kind advice on here from the lovely folks but i just want to say hi and i understand as i too am trying to heal depression .For now give yourself a big hug for being positive enough to post on here as that is a brave step to take ,love flowergirl

Thank you for your kind words. I just surrendered the car last Thursday so I kind of feel as though I am in a grieving process about the car. May sound silly but that’s kind of where I am at right now.

its not silly ,i cant drive but i imagine you feel rather lost without it .Can you manage without one .At least it’s one less thing to worry about financially .Next to family and health i think money problems are awfull as they rob you of your peace of mind and disturb your sleep .It sounds like you are at your rock bottom but things can get better ,and they will .Are you having treatment for the depression ,im trying herbal stuff and gettinginto healthy food .

Yeah, I can manage. I just stay home. What will happen next is the finance company will sue me for the difference in which they sold the car and what I owe them. Since I am filing bankruptcy they won’t get anything for it. I am not proud of that but like I said it is what I have to do right now. I hope things get better soon. My therapist is on vacation for two weeks I will make an appointment with her when she gets back. It will probably help for me to talk to her. I haven’t seen her this year at all. I’ve been sick most of the year with the flu, bronchitis and other issues. It just has to get better right?

In response to angellove11’s post:
Hello angellove..

Your situation sucks. You don’t. What makes someone a winner..is growing through things and not just going through things.
You will get through this.
My suggestion is keep it simple.
Make a plan with what you can change.
You are filing for bankruptcy soon. Think of it as a brand new start.

You are not a loser..You can start over as often as you like in life. As long as you work with what you have..and not with your regrets.

Affirmations and prayer will assist you with feelings and staying focused.

Do you have enough food to eat? Do you have a roof over your head? Can you get a room mate or borders where you live?

What would you tell someone else who was freaking about the same circumstance?
What comes to mind?

you might be telling yourself this shouldn’t be happening.
It is happening.
And you will look back on this as something you got through..and if you can get through this..the rest will be gravy.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you Laurie! My husband and I live in a small apartment. He is working and going to school. We are managing now but things are tight. (As they are for a lot of people). We will get through this. I think yesterday I was just feeling very depressed. Filing for bankruptcy is not the end of the world. Not something I am proud of either but this is part of the journey I am supposed to be on in my life. Thank you for your kind words.

Angellove,

You have already taken an important step – you’ve valued yourself to join a site where we support ourselves and each other in our progress and processes.

Affirmations can change your life. They did for me! The wonderful thing about it is that while taking responsibility for your reality ( which is pretty foundational to using affirmations), it doesn’t mean you blame yourself for the situations you find yourself in. Instead, its EMPOWERING to know that how your choose to think and the beliefs you carry ( and can CHANGE consciously) will determine your present and your future.

I urge you to visit here often, read through the affirmations which speak to you – and repeat them to yourself ALL THE TIME…..write them out as you doodle while on the phone, chant or sing them to yourself in the shower or while waiting in line at the grocery store.

Here, in this little virtual village, you can reach out, vent, and receive the support we ALL need.

Welcome and see you soon!

Angellove~ You are not money. You are not the car you drive. You are not your situation. Don’t fall into that too easy trap of letting society or others define who you are. You are a beautiful human being. Period.

Now, don’t let your finances get you down. Do you know how many millionaires filed for bankruptcy… many times? (old laws, when you could) The difference is that they didn’t let that stop them. They didn’t see a stigma.

The best way to get out of depression (from experience) is to start experiencing gratitude for what you DO HAVE NOW. Ok, so maybe in your state, you can only find “I have breath in my body. I am alive.” Hey, that one is a biggie!! But, really, you do have much, much more going for you. You have just forgotten to acknowledge it because it is just there – without a flashing neon sign.

Next, go out and do something for someone less fortuneate. It doesn’t have to be donating money – maybe it is cleaning out your closet and giving your unused items to an abuse shelter. Maybe it is saying “hello” to a lonely person. Volunteer at a Head Start preschool. There is a plethora of things that brighten up someone else’s world. This does come back to you in hundred-fold (or more) when you do it with a pure heart.

Please evaluate your diet. Depression is more than circumstances. It is also toxins in your environment. Try to eat more natural foods with the least amount of processing as possible. Drink water instead of sugary sodas. EXERCISE at least 30 minutes (pump up those happy-inducing Serotonin levels).

And Please, PLEASE remember. You are exactly where you need to be at this very moment. There is a reason that you are experiencing what you are. This is just a stepping stone to something much more fabulous. How better to contrast the great in life – when you have experienced the garbage? :)

Remember, you are LOVE. Pure, unadulterated love. You deserve the best because you are the best.

I’m sending you love, light and unending blessings. Keep us informed on your progess. :) Big HUGS!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
In response to jfowler’s post:
Great thoughts/posts!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to angellove11’s post:
Yes ..going through things we don’t like can pull on feelings for a bit. So glad you’ve turned the corner..(allowed the feelings) and grew through it(:

May you and your hubby gather much good from all the wonderful footwork you engage in today.

Hindsight wisdom always feels better than the in-the-moment lesson(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

and would love to bring this thread current for anyone who’d like to share on moving forward from lack to acceptance to greater hope

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content