login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★New member starting out

Hello all,

I wanted to say hello and ask some advice if possible. I am new to this and have never done affirmations before.
I am currently suffering from anxiety issues. These issues all stem from my job. I am fixing this ad start a new job i three weeks. However the issues in my current role are being heightened by the fact I’m leaving (I’m being ‘punished’ with additional workload ad stress etc)
The effect that this has had on me is that I am now very anxious about everything in my life and about starting affirmations, I worried I’m going to do too many and dilute the effect, I’m worried I’m not going to do enough, how to start, what to do, which ones to do etc.
Does anyone have any advice as to how to cut through the worries and for me to JUST GET STARTED!
Elly x

hi rainbowdrops ,iloveyour name .I’m fairlynew here and i’m sureyou will get lots of good advice from the lovely folks on here .Good for you finding a new job and it will be a big help i’m sure .I have lots of affirmations but try to choose one or two each day that seem relevant ,i would look through the anxiety ones and maybe choose a couple that feel right or make up your own – something simple like “ i love and approve of myself as suggested by Louise Hay .Good luck ,love flowergirl

Such great advice flowergirl! wil look at the anxiety ones now and focus on one or two per day until I’m a bit more relaxed about things. E xx

Blue mirror is helpful

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you for your helpful advice.I’ll let you know how i get on.

Thank you Rainbowdrops for your post, Im new here too and look forward to learning what this site has to offer.

I had the same things in my old job and I wish I had found this site back then, I may have had the tools I needed to handle it. I too found a “better” job but they went belly up so now Im out looking again.

I wonder, if the mind/body ever goes back to the original tolerance state after that kind of constant stress, it seems to me it doesnt take much to trigger that feeling and I’d like to change that.

Peace to you
Lizzy

Welcome Lizzy and Rainbowdrops(:

May you find an abundance of love and tools on bmindful and everywhere you connect(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Lizzy & Rainbow ~ Welcome to bMindful.

Stress is a powerful negative influence on your body. The toxicity does incredible damage and it is very important to counteract these with a large does of self-love.

Laurie is right. Start with the basics. A good, organic whole-food diet is an excellent beginning. Drink pure water and get rid of the nasty caffeine(which will exacerbate the physical symptoms of stress)habit. Make sure you take time to exercise at least 30 minutes per day. If you can squeeze a yoga class in a couple times a week – you would get the relaxing benefits of ending with some nice visualization and meditation.

For your mind, I would suggest filling your brain with loving, positive thoughts. If you are a visual person, you could go to YouTube and search Louise Hay, Sonia Choquette, Carol Adrienne, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Greg Braden, etc. These people have such powerful, loving messages.

If you are an auditory person, visit HayhouseRadio.com and let play in the background. There are usually some meditations, lots of excellent authors and experts always giving encouragement.

Me, I’m a bookworm. I love reading lots of books. There is a thread somewhere on this site that lists books members have read and their little reviews.

I’m in my mid 40’s and have been around the block a couple of times. If I had one piece of advice… don’t stress so much about what people think about you. You cannot please everyone and only you know what is best for your highest and greatest good.

I’m sending both of you much love & peaceful thoughts.

Big Hugs!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Wow Wow Wow

look how much time you both gave us and you dont even know us Wow

Thank you soooo much!! I have been praying for Women like you to come into my life. I love books too but somehow get distracted and rarely finish.

Start with the basics – Im on it, right NOW lol

Peace out
Lizzy

Zen Habits (Check out the archives!)
I find that just thinking about Thoreau can remind me to relax.

Do Not Be Anxious (From Matthew Chapter 6)

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hey Cookie~ I love Thoreau… He is an awesome inspiration!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hi Rainbow, this is my first visit on this site, however I firmly believe that it the focus which should be right as well. Like focusing on anxiety would result on more anxiety, so you may want to write an affirmation which expresses what you want rather then what you don’t want. Let’s say – All the points of my anxiety and worries have been replaced with the positive thoughts of happiness and abundance. My seniors have most gladly relieved me of my job even before the last date……(Avoid – as they could not find any thing more for me to handle). Just keep it till the word date, because you don’t want to reason and reason would again create doubts. Leave it to the supreame and only focus on what you want. How it happens is not the questions. It HAS happened in the most and only positive way for everybody around you including your seniors.

Pardon me for my cryptic way of writing.

In response to rainbowdrops’s post:

Hi Raindrops glad to have you here with us. I surely know about anxiety! It affected me for over 20 years and always seems to come up when the unknown is around the corner. Can not tell you not to worry because it is part of the anxiety problem. One thing that really really helped me was exercising.

Taking cold showers really helped me but I had to start off with lukewarm water first because the cold makes you yell! Listen to cd’s that relax you before you go to sleep. Start your affirmations then. Put them on a 3×5 index cards in bold dark letters or any color you love.

As you start to relax your eyes pass the information on to your brain. For me it had to be only a couple of affirmations that I used over and over for some time. It helped me calm down. If you have time before your affirmations write down at least 5 things you are grateful for before sleeping and if you have time before you go to work. Hope this will help you some. And Oh! If you can find some Passion Flower tea, do have some it helps calm the nerves.

Blessings,
Mary-Godscreation

In response to Amit Monga’s post:

Glad to have you too Amit Monga!

In response to rainbowdrops’s post:
In response to flowergirl’s post:

In response to Godscreation’s post:
Hope you enjoy

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I find intuition a very powerful tool to use when deciding what is right or wrong for me. When using affirmations, I am a firm believer that you must do what feels right for you in order for it to be most effective. :)

as per negation affirmations…. my understanding of using those kinds of affirmations is that, while they do work, they only bring you to a neutral position when what you really want is to be in a poistive position… and when you combine the two you are still bringing to your mind the negative instead of focusing totally on the positive…. that was a hard lesson for me as I felt most comfortable in using the combination affirmations but when I dropped the negation part and reworded my affirmations in only a positive… more GREAT things began to happen…. thoughts anyone? I certainly don’t want to suppose I know more than anyone else…

Kathy

In response to coachhouse’s post:
I know many people use the negative in the affirmation..though I do not.

Beyond my reading of the how to’s with affirmations, and visual imagery methods..my experience states keep everything in its presence tense positive form.

I have heard and experimented with I You and using my name in the suggestions..all good ..all different..for this. And in regard to which person-stance you use..each person must experiment to see what resonates well for them..is my thought. (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My sister had to get rid of the negations to quit smoking. Her affirmations “I am a non-smoker” never worked. She had to go completely positive and not focus on the smoking at all.

Paul does make some good points, but I do agree with MM, Laurie & Coachhouse; negative is so uh, negative. It convolutes your focus and focus is so important. Creating and using the affirmation draws your focus to its’ object. Creating and viewiing items on a vision board draws your focus to those items. When you focus on something with the full expectation of its materialization in your life(faith), you can begin to feel gratitude (resonate) just knowing you will at the right time and in the right way manifest your desires. Your words and thoughts are powerful. You will choose words which feel right to you thoughtfully and wisely. Jan

So, New members, what works for you? Or are you exploring along with the rest of us. This is a spirited forum ;) in which to share. Love, Jan

Hello Rainbow,

You said it yourself, cut through it all and get started. If YOU ARE THINKING that you are doing to many and it will dilute the benefits, then that will be the reality for you because that’s how you are thinking. If YOU THINK you are doing to few and affirmations won’t help, then that will be true. Tell yourself that everything you are doing is helping you and bringing beneficial situations into your life.

An easy way to get started is to log in here and just read other peoples affirmations as much as you can.

Also, do you listen to music often? If so you may find this useful http://mindjamz.com

For the “right now” deal with your anxiety, try some guided affirmations.
Deepak Chopra has the best stuff, it’s available at the itunes store.

Continue to reach out here, we all are here to help each other live a better quality of life.

Best =D
-Gary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content