login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Over-use phrase

What phrase or word do you find yourself over using?

I know someone that no matter what is being said or if that person is in a conversation always said’s “REALLY?” UGH! LOL.

“But”! and “Can’t”! “If only”!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I always find myself saying “right then” when Im about to do something.
Another phrase I use when people ask me how I am is “not to bad”, I always mean to say “great” or at the very least “fine”.

enjoy life!

Those are great Madcookieman!
I have a pet peeve and maybe this is slowing down but for a time people were saying “give it a” ______, so instead of one word like “stir” they could verbally pollute and use four like “give it a stir” UUGgh. (I like to think of this as productive criticizm not judgmental) Stretching it, Jan

In response to cuqui’s post:
you did it again :-) I like calling the threads you start: food for thought.

It is very interesting how the phrases we often (quit often unconsciously) use can direct us to our self talks and beliefs.
I think I often use: You see? You know? You see what I mean?

…what a wonderful world….

I just don’t like the phrase “no problem”…grrr

Well, unless it’s being said to truly indicate that there’s “no problem” :)

My six year old daughter is on a kick that is grating on my nerves… everything is “OMG!” How in the world does a six year old even know what O M G means?????

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I don’t like the infamous response of “whatever…” ..as an I don’t care-mode.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I dont like it when the words you know what I mean are repeatedly said in one conversation….I know its a form of approval seeking, but sometimes it becomes such a habit to some that its often used out of context and makes no sense!!

A full and thankful heart..

I have to agree with themadcookieman on this Can’t = Conveniently Accepting Negative Thoughts and any “but”. It seems that every time someone uses the “but” statement they completely change the whole meaning of the original story.

I also have a problem with people who are constantly talking about other people’s problems or things that others have already done. We seem to waste so much energy on past events instead of future stuff. Most people will spend 60% of their energy on worrying about the past and thinking of what they should have done.

Here at Bmindful I have found that you guys do not seem to do that and it so refreshing to know others are really living their lives in the present. Thank you everyone for renewing my faith in the Human Race.

Love Rocks

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to anoushka’s post:
LOL ……. I hope I don’t use it that often :-D

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:
You dont Afi – wasnt referring to you. Never noticed you say it!
xx

A full and thankful heart..

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content