login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★You Are A Genius!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

related threads coming eventually(:

• ~
    will return…hope to get some of your wonderful contributions…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m 43 years old and learning a new language… Arabic. I am learning to write from right to left in a completely new alphabet. Talk about retraining the brain!! Its almost like picking up your pen with the hand you don’t normally write with and start learning all over again.

My affirmations:

I easily and effortlessly read, write and speak Arabic.

Each new lesson in Arabic is permanently stored in my brain for easy retrieval.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Thanks for the reminder MM :-)

I speak perfect french. I remember all the words and rules that I learn.

…what a wonderful world….

Man, I love French! Wish I could speak it! That’s worthy of the “to do” list for me. I can speak a few phrases and I got to use them in France, but I would love to learn it well. That “rrrr” thing is tough!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Me toooooooooo :-D
I’ve got the ‘rrrr’ allright, but the rest …..

For me it is talking deep in my throat that is extremely difficult with french (and arabic). Those sounds weren’t programmed in my brain at the right age!! ;) … much like the -ich in German (Lichtenstein)…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
O I can imagine, the arabic E/A comming from the throat can be very difficult. But you know what, having heard different arabs speaking arabic, some say it softer. Each country has a differnt accent (don’t know which is how). So am sure you can say it the way you say it and say it is the lebenese accent ;-)

The German Ich is quit difficult for us persians also. My uncle always says Isch, and he figured out that people from cologne, Germany also say Isch. So if anyone complains, he just says that he learned his German in cologne.

In response to aftab’s post:

You know, people from the “classical” arabic countries make fun of my Moroccan husband’s arabic. They say he sounds like a country boy with his accent and pronunciation. I’m thinking that being the american country girl married to a moroccan will give me a HUGE leeway when talking… :) They’ll just know… :)

right on laurie

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

Hey Laurie, you just reminded me. My sister borrowed the cd set that I bought this summer… and she hasn’t returned it yet!! I didn’t get a chance to listen to all six cd’s – but they must be good or I’d have them back by now!!

Ok, I’m off to play Librarian with my sister and ‘fine’ her if she doesn’t return them on her next visit… :)

I deleted the post above because the video was deleted ): ..hope to find a similar one…

All skills are learnable

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid” Albert Einstein (1879-1955

I love this quote

I like the quote too; it’s a nice sentiment, but, come on now… Nancy Pelosi? I can make a pretty good list that even Einstein would have a hard time arguing with me about.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content