login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Decisiveness is an important key to success.

Decisiveness is and has always been one of my weak points, as it is for many of you I suspect, but this is something I want to work on. Without a doubt, decisiveness is a fundamental key to success. Do any of you have some tips or good articles you’d like to share about decisiveness? If so, please share them.

Here are some articles I found.
How To Build On Your Success To Become More Decisive
How To Become Decisive and Self Confident
Lessons From A Recovering Doormat
How To Become Decisive

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Yes, am definitly one of them. I read an interesting book on the topic: The Paradox Of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz

…what a wonderful world….

Thanks for the suggestion, Affi! By the by, briankim.net looks like a really good site for articles on all kinds of stuff.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

• * SOME DECISION LINKS IN PROCESS

6 Thinking Hats

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

OOOOOOOOOOOH Cookie, I am so sharing these links with my sisters!! I hate getting in the car with them to eat a meal and it’s:
“Where do you want to go?”
“Uh, I don’t know. Where do YOU want to go.”
“I don’t care, YOU make the decision.”
“No, I don’t want to say something and you won’t like it.”
“Well, I don’t want to say something and YOU won’t like it.”
blah blah blah…
This can go on for hours and NO ONE EATS!!! :)

(For the record, I love Indian food, care much less for Italian food, and I’ll pretty much eat and shut up with no comments if you pay for me and my five kids food bill! :) )

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

That thread on Discipline made me think of Decisiveness and how important that is as well. Let’s remember how important decisiveness is. A decision, a real, REAL decision brings instant change to our direction. Decisive is, to me, the opposite of Wishy-Washy. Wishy-Washy is easy, Wishy-Washy gives us lots of wiggle room. Wishy-Washy is like sitting on the bench. Decision is like being in the game. The moment we really decide we take the rudder. I want to add the word “smart”. A smart-decision gets our boat on the course we choose. Seems sort of at odds with “being in the now” and “going with the flow”, but can’t we really go with the flow and be in the now and still make smart decisions about where we are going. We can.

Think, Reason, Get Bearings, Choose Destination, Decide, Steer…

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

• Good topic(: You write about what I believe others give thought to. Thanks for this thread, because once again your thoughts triggered something that assisted mine.
  • decisions…sometimes are tricky… Sometimes it isn’t about having difficulty deciding as it is just not forgetting ->that we’ve decided some other things… that we haven’t decided we wanted to let go of yet…or completely dismiss…
  • What I’ve come to realize is…for me…. there is a me in there…who likes to spend time/energy in areas that never make my traditional list of important & urgent. I continue to learn…like all of us… beyond the traditional urgent & important areas…to also include what is enjoyed …what stimulates me and gives peace. My big picture got colored in with my own personal design when I got in touch with this added dimension of my life …for my spiritual and creative side. By seeing what I wanted to include in my experience, I freed up emotional energy thatbefore..I had been telling myself “I wasn’t deciding” but sometimes I really was(: Just a thought…that worked in my favor lately for constructing my plans decisions & action … to begin and continue… with anything. w/respect&friendship,selfcareenthusiast

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Selfcare, you brought a couple of other thoughts to mind. Homeostasis, Default, Unspoken Commitments. We can’t always be ‘working on stuff’. Sometimes we just have to be. That’s why I thought of homeostasis. When we are “in the zone” and working on something, well then, working on stuff IS homeostasis for our frame of mind at that time. Default isn’t always kicked back watching television. Sometimes we are consciously aware that we are working on something and sometimes we are working on stuff without being aware of it. Both kinds of work are important and distinct. Know what I mean? Sometimes we step outside ourselves to get the big picture and it’s an important thing to do. So is stepping into the picture and doing the stuff. What is really great is when you can lose yourself in the doing. That is when doing and being are the same thing. That is when time diskapeers. It is being engrossed. It is a great feeling. I also think it is important to realize that we have all kinds of unspoken commitments that we may or more often may not be aware of. Who was it that wrote “Getting Things Done”? Hang on… David Allen. He talks about this and I believe it is important. The thing about unspoken commitments is that they are using our energy whether we are aware of them or not. It is good to dump them out on paper. Some unspoken commitments are easy and aren’t really taking up mental real-estate, but many of these types of commitments can and do sap our energy. It is worthwhile to take the time to do a mental house cleaning from time to time. Your subconscious mind is working on all kinds of stuff, some of that stuff it’s spending time working on needs to be released. Examine what’s going on between your ears and sort it out. Prioritize and agree to let some stuff go, or at least to consciously say to yourself not now. “This thing is not important right now, put it down for now – you can come back to it later, but for now it’s not important”. Anyway, those were just a few more thoughts. I wonder how many have real anxiety problems and feel frantic when what they really just need is to let some stuff go. I’ve never read “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff”, but that title comes to mind. And you know something else, kicking back and chillin’ to some tv or tunes ain’t small stuff – it’s important stuff – it’s just the EASY important stuff. It’s just not ALL the important stuff.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

great thread!
  • ►• ►• ►• ►•

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content