login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Healthy Dessert Recipes'

I’ve been craving some new ideas for desserts.

Not ridiculously high in sugar

this thread was originally posted in 2009, feel free to visit and bring current
Thanks everyone for your wonderful ideas!

Anoushka’s post regarding cinnamon (my post not there -referred to incorporating more cinnamon in our daily treats) thanks

and thanks Vivi,jancydat, Godscreation, MeditatingMama

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Vivi’s Apple Delights :)

Take 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, cut into 4 squares.
Lightly spread with golden syrup or jam, can omit to avoid sugar.
Peel & slice thinly 1 or 2 apples (whatever fits on your squares slightly overlapping)& arrange nicely on pastry.
Throw over some chopped toasted nuts (peacans, macadamias whatever)
Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg (again what ever you like)
Some would like to also sprinkle some brown sugar over, but the apples make it sweet enough I think.
Bake for maybe 10-15 minutes.

Serves 4 as a easy simple dessert

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Vivi – my mouth is watering. I love easy and simple. Here is a simple and refreshing parfait:
In a small bowl or pretty glass, layer a couple of broken ginger snaps, a few slices of banana and lemon or vanilla yogurt. Done. Add whipped topping and well done.;)

Hi I’m back!

You might want a bowl of mashed sweet potatoes with a dollop of cool whip and a little powdered cinnamon.

My friend said they were delicious she mashed the sweet potatoes or yams just like regular mashed potatoes.

enjoy,
Mary

How do you handle Agave Nectar? It is nice & sweet. I like to drizzle it over fruit that isnt quite ripe…like raspberries or blackberries… It just makes fruit so much more decadent.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to laurie’s post:
Try baked apples with cinnamon, toasted almonds (or whichever nut you prefer) and sweetened if apples are sharp with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. Serve with natural yoghurt.

Or, baked figs with orange zest and nutmeg…
No need for sweetening when figs are ripe. Serve with mascarpone. Yum.

Cornmeal pudding: Called ‘pudding maille’ in Mauritius.

Cook your cornmeal/polenta with semi-skimmed milk and water until the grains are no longer grainy and it resembles a soft puree, add raisins, grated coconut, cardamon seeds (remove from the pods and pound) and a little brown sugar (leave out if you cant add any). Pour into a baking dish and leave to set in the fridge.
Cut into bars, squares or triangles and enjoy.

A little different I know but tastes so creamy without being fattening and can be as sweet or as plain as you wish. The raisins give it just enough natural sugar, but i feel it needs a little brown sugar too – but I have a major sweet tooth!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I loved agave nectar! I especially loved it when I found out it was great for the sugar-sensitive. Not so for me, can’t use it, darn it. I do remember it being absolutely delicious!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Sounds yummy, you’ve reminded me of the foodie index I had started yesterday, I’ll add some of these recipes to the dessert index(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
I replied to this through the food index, it appeared as an independent thread on the ‘recent posts’ list.
Love your index btw. Didnt know whether I could write comments in it or if it was for general reference.?

A full and thankful heart..

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content