login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Money saving items you can make at home.

There is a homeremedies thread laurie’s post:
here. Now there is a home concoctions thread. too. If you know how to make something like a cleaning product or anything else that saves people money, here is where to post it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I haven’t actually tried this, but I thought it looked interesting. Think I’m gonna test a batch.

Homemade, stick deodorant.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

See this link

Some cleaning supplies:

3 spray bottles (do not mix items-keep separate)

1 with vinegar

1 with plain water

1 with hydrogen peroxide

Great (real) disinfectants.

Spray with vinegar. Wipe clean w/water. Then spray w/hydrogen peroxide. Wipe clean w/h20.
————————-
For convenience:When you buy hydrogen peroxide, take lid off and put spray top on from spray bottle. You can buy peroxide w/a sprayer now too.

I keep these spray bottles in the kitchen and bathrooms.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great thread, Jeff!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My absolute favorite product for liquid hand soap, bath soap and cleaning is Dr. Bronners (organic)Peppermint Soap. You can get other scents for cleaning, but the Peppermint is the best for showering and hand cleaning. You can use it straight or dilute. It is very concentrated.

I love washing my face with it 1st thing in the morning- a fantastic wake-up; not diluted (: Very, very, very refreshing.

It has been around “forever”. It has a “far-out” label, if you take the time to read it all. And a big following of people who use it. Can be found at any great health food store. Look for the discount health food stores, since it has gone organic, the price went up a bit. Just remember, it’s a concentrate, and can be diluted.

As compared to products with less healthy ingredients, and because of the versatility of it, it is economical.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Nice tips! I’ve always wondered if there is a way to reuse bars of soap when they get really small.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
In re:to Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap
For Those of you haven’t heard of it (and for those of you have(: )

Coming Clean Campaign
Campaigning for Organic Integrity in Bodycare Products

Facts about the soap
History of the soap

monthly special-60th anniv. prices online

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I belong to another website called “The Dollar Stretcher” this forum helps you to save money and gives you ideas on how to utilize most everything. At times people will give you receipes on cleaning your house naturally.

For instance I clean my oven with Baking Soda and Lemons. It cuts the grease and doesn’t leave chemicals to bake along with your food. I use equal parts of both and then sometimes add a little more lemon juice and watch it fizz. I got the idea when the car battery needed cleaning. It works great!

http://www.stretcher.com/index.cfm

Peace,
Mary

What a great idea Jeff to have as a thread!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

i’ve just started using this site: www.clearcheckbook.com

to help me regulate my ridiculous spending habits….

My mom used to put all the old soap into an old quart jar, add a little water when it got to be about 1/3 full and fashion more bars of soap out of it. It was a little “squishier” the 2nd time around, but that was her penny saving technique. We made all of our soap from goats milk, so I don’t know if that made a difference.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content