login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Music ♫ Is a GIFT we can exchange with others

Thread was created in Feb. 2009
revision was attempted in 2012-2015

When you are taking one of your breaks today…maybe stop by for a little ♫music(:

A relatively older music thread. Many songs are missing. Please help build this thread.

It needs your rhythm

I sure have been getting exposed to some wonderful music from everyone!! Ya know music is often posted and often completely unknown to some of us; either by artist, time-culture or song (or all 3). With “fresh ears” kind of like a fresh palette (sp.?), let’s listen to others’ picks’ of music, songs we might never have taken the time to try to appreciate otherwise. Hopefully you’ll feel inspired to add music or a comment. That’s basically it!

IT’S A PARTY ON BMINDFUL, BECAUSE YOU ARE HERE SHARING…So C’mon and ♫Post a Tune or 2(:

textileRef:21165691925e7a7c0b26e82:linkStartMarker:“Be mindful…of your complete and devoted level of enjoyment(:
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
a few 2012 posts:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

First up, just to rehash: An easy way to share your favorite music in this thread, is to first find it on youtube and then link to the song like this

"song name by artist name":http://youtube.url/here

In other words, wrap the song name in double quotes, then type a colon and then paste in the YouTube URL.

To give you an example of a song I’ve been enjoying recently:

"Camel by Flying Lotus":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9YRGLPDQ8

Will turn into:

Camel by Flying Lotus

Now, my contribution :)

The King Is Dead by The Herd

It’s Aussie Hip Hop, an acquired taste for sure, but The Herd are quite catchy, reasonably polished and fairly easy listening.

This is one of my favorite of their songs, although I don’t agree with the meaning behind it lol (It’s about the downfall of our old prime minister John Howard, and although he was far from perfect, I agreed with him more often than I probably ever will with our new prime minister Kevin Rudd… But that’s another topic, and this is a party!)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

And because it’s a party, we might need a DJ, and who better than quite possibly the worlds best turntablist, Kid Koala:

Kid Koala – Moon River
Kid Koala – Drunk Trompet

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
1st Lee, thanks for describing how to link songs.

I have already mentioned how much I enjoyed listening and learning about Flying Lotus

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Mr. DJ.—> Great. I especially liked jazzy Drunk Trompet.
While I could get into The King is Dead, by the Herd; I loved the rhythm but had trouble with thr lyrics because of my ignorance of John Howard. Thanks so much for sharing your favorites. It was a treat. Mind you, this is music, I wouldn’t checked out without you.

Keep ‘em coming. No such thing as too much music from the bmindful-gang.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Maybe we need a few different tents with different styles of music, because, we can’t have a party and not invite Manu Chao along.

Manu Chao – Me Gustas Tu

We can’t have a party without Reggae, so Matisyahu can perform in the same tent, but later on.

And then we need a tent with some class:

Madeleine Peyroux – Dance Me To The End Of Love

And a dark and contemplative tent:

Massive Attack – Teardrop
Merzbow – Minus Zero (You probably won’t like this, it’s noise music)

And then a tent with some pumping dubstep:

Digital Mystikz – Anti-War Dub (Unfortunately you can’t hear half the song, dubstep is like 80% bass and youtube must clip highs and lows during compression)

And an alternative section:

The Mall – Friends and Family (This is an intro to a fixed push bike documentary called MASH, it’s the only version of this song I can find online)
Refused – Rather Be Dead
Refused – New Noise
Deftones ft Maynard – Passenger
Deftones – Bored
Deftones – Root

Grr, YouTube doesn’t have EVERYTHING after all. I had to leave out numerous artists and songs :(

I shouldn’t have started with this lol. I’m getting back to work now.

I need to go too. Though, Lee, you have gotten this party started, and your idea to eventually start some music categories is great. Though, for now, I love the mix;it invites others, like myself to gravitate to music they woulldn’t normally check out. Signing off for now, but I’ll be back(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Though, I had to tell you, Manu Chao – Me Gustas Tu, was another song I didn’t know until your post from before, and found that to be a great! fun! and very catchy number!(:

Now, I must go! (: Please drag me away. Must go(: I’m going(: Bye.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

:P

Can’t help myself.

Opeth – Windowpane

4 more songs (for now):)

My turn with Samba Pa Ti by Santana It’s a live version. I’ll find one with less crowd-action. Though, I believe it’s still powerful

and how about ♫ Carlos Santana and Eric Clapton Together -playing Jingo

other songs were deleted…

will post some new ones…one day(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Sopwith Camel singing Fazon

replaced this link …was missing

♫ ♫ ♫

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Man! I can’t wait to get my computer back up and running! I am looking forward to listening to all of these. For now I’ll just add one!

Gipsy Kings

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, ya got me. Here’s one more.

Montana

I wish I could snap my fingers and speak spanish! I’m not really multilingual. I can speak a little Australian and Canadian as long as it’s not the French kind. And I’m functional in New Zealander!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I know this is about music, that being said, my favorite Movie is “The Sound Of Music” and from that Edelweiss wins hands down.

Now, I had to sleep on this to figure out what I wanted to post as a favorite song, here ‘tis. You Raise Me UP – Josh Groban. What a tremendous singer he is. When I went to youtube, it was difficult to figure out which one to post, the kids in this one are priceless.

BEETHOVEN.ODE TO JOY I’m a sucker for classical music.

Ultimate Toccata and Fugue corny editing but very interestingly interwoven with classical and modern music.

Bach – Art of the Fugue: Contrapunctus I edits here very cool, a slideshow of various religious buildings and art set to Bach’s Art of the Fugue performed on the organ.

You may seen in my post In that church there is an organ, the original keyboard from the organ is on display there. It is believed that George F. Handel played it when composing The Messiah. and I touched it!

Hark the Herald Angel Sing – St.Paul’s Cathedral – London wraps together several passions. Christmas, Angels, and a movie. Can you guess what movie this is featured in? Ask George!

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

In response to ThisIsBruce’s post:
Bruce, this is for you. I hope you like it. Pachelbel’s Canon D

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Spot on Laurie! I could listen to that one all day long!

Blessings,
Bruce-

Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love The Sound of Music! Edleweiss is awesome.
I’m a big fan of Pachelbel’s “Canon in D”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck&feature=related

It’s in the largo tempo which is supposed to be the best music to play whilst learning, be interested to hear anyone’s thoughts on this area!

And for my Aussie contemporises, lets go back to 1983 for The Takeaways “Sweet and Sour”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6gn6ysYkM

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Now why didn’t those links work, I’ll try again:

Canon in D

Sweet and Sour

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Gosh you guys sure do know how to liven up a party! The music is just pumping, I love it!

I have one to share, its a bit of Electronica and Dance music by Deep Forest called

Gathering

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Laurie’s post:
Laurie, the song/video your link points to was recorded the year I graduated from HS, so I am a child of the 60’s. The song has always been controversial.

You made me look up more information about the song and its lyrics. I found two interesting (IMHO) links. According to the first they always added two additional verses when they sung in concert. The lyrics are here.

All the stuff regarding the lyrics aside, the music is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for adding it to the forum Laurie.

Listen to this and see if it reminds you of Whiter Shade, then read This and see if you agree.

Blessings,
Bruce-

I missed the sixties – well I was there, but unfortunately being born in 1957, I was too young to really “make the most” of the era! And Whiter Shade of Pale is one of those songs that I hear & think what could have been. I’m sure many a party has been lost in oblivion listening to this classic!

But no regrets (good name for a song), I’ve been to many a party that ended with a session of listening to the Genesis “Foxtrot” album and any baby boomer who knows anything about music will tell you that this is a classic album!

I had the pleasure of watching Genesis at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester, UK in 1973/74 when they did the Foxtrot tour – now that was a stage show!!

Unfortunately, Foxtrot is one of those albums that just blends together, no real track separation, but this is a clip from the Foxtrot tour filmed live in Monteal. (It doesn’t do it justice, poor quality visuals). It’s the Watcher of the Skies track.

This is one of those albums where you just have to be “in the zone” to fully appreciate & enjoy it. Lights out, fully relaxed (helped along by a drink or two) & at one with the experience!

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

In response to Mufc
Mufc…your song from Genesis was removed…so here is another by the group called Follow You Follow Me
While it was posted in 2009…that’s understandable…but here’s to keeping your contribution to this party alive(:

Bruce, I was absolutely sure, I’d just check out the site quickly, and be gone (for the day). Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, great info you’ve posted and I had to check it all out. Thanks.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m overdue for a little posting!

Logical Song
Take the Long Way Home
Girl Can’t Help It
Remember this guy before we left the planet?
Don’t Stop ‘til You Get Enough
September
Got To Get You Into My Life
Silly Love Songs
Live and Let Die
I played Mr. Mushnik in a local theater production of Little Shop of Horrors several years ago. I still love the music.
Skid Row
Suddenly Seymore
I really loved Ellen Green’s voice.
Feed Me
And what an awesome voice Levi Stuff has!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I have music to share too! Music from the Riverdance, remember back way then, at the time it was very popular, music very powerful and dances very entertaining.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

J.J Cale – Cocaine

J.J Cale – Cajun Moon

J.J Cale – After Midnight

Following several links from a friends facebook lead me to this musical feat. Check this out.

Blessings,
Bruce-

I know there’s a lot of controversy regarding Lord Of The Dance, Riverdance, Michael Flatley etc. “He’s not all that…” etc.

I’m 1/16th or 1/32nd Irish so I’m not necessarily defending the Irish, but I did live there for just over 3 years and got to love the current culture. The art of dance there is awesome. I can only imagine the hours of practice, no – the years of practice, that goes into a performance like this one. Say what you will, the man’s talented. Maybe not 87,000 steps per second (or whatever the claims are) but he’s d$%# good!

See if you agree, Check it out

Blessings,
Bruce-

Some of my favorites:
Israel Kamakawiwo’ole ~ Somewhere over the Rainbow
I remember seeing this movie as a kid and knew then that singing was important to me. Has anyone seen this movie? It is not just about boys singing. It presents a wonderful story which teaches much about friendship, honesty and loyalty. Listen to this or this (I’m having such a great time looking this stuff up to share. :-)

Blessings,
Bruce-

I haven’t seen that movie, but I LOVE Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s somewhere over the rainbow. It was one of the songs I had played at my Mom’s funeral.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I totally agree with you ThisIsBruce. I think Michael Flatley is awesome and very talented! He is as unique as they come, there was no one like him so why did everyone put him down. i just couldnt believe all the hoo-har that was said. Such a shame cause he hasnt done any more productions proberly due to all the negitive stuff maybe.

More music to share, I have been listening to Nelly Furtado, one of my favourite from her is

The Grass Is Green

and Powerless

Hey Bruce, I’ve never actually watched “The Sound of Music”, but I did go on the Sound of Music tour when I was in Salzburg many years ago. One thing I remember is that there is supposed to be a scene in the movie where they are in a field or something and then run to a park that is full of flowers. Just so you’ll know, that field and the park they finished the song in are at least half an hour’s drive away. That was some fast running dude!

When I was there I also got to go into the room where Mozart was born! Salzburg is a very nice place. I’m sure you would like it.

Also, that is the town where I learned that a lot of people eat mayonaise on french fries! Wacky!!! I’m a ketchup man myself.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

It’s been raining for day with no end in sight! I’m ready for some sunshine and warm weather!

Mr. Blue Sky

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

That reminds me, does anyone have a spaceship I could borrow this weekend!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
in 1969 I was in Salzburg and was on that tour. It was fun. And mayo on FF is not all that uncommon. I first saw that in Germany all those years ago as well.

Blessings,
Bruce-

Man, that’s wild! Vivi is focused took that tour too! That’s one long running tour! I guess it’s a requirement if you go to Salzburg.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hey Madcookieman, I love ELO. I use to love to listen to So Fine, and this is a unique lil’ video-need to hear/see to the end

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I really enjoyed that song laurie. Let’s get one of those space ships, okay. We could zip around the world and pick up all the bemindful folks and take a quick spin around the galaxy! Wouldn’t it be great to see some nebulas up close. Get a good look at the rings of Saturn! We could all pack a nice lunch and make a real day of it.

Here are a couple of songs by a group I always liked a lot.
Pamela
Steve Lukather is an absolutely fantastic guitar player. That whole group was chock full of great musicians.
Oh no!!!! I need to get to bed, and now I’ve gone and gotten in that mood again! I need to remember that last sencence, sounds like a good hook for a song. Don’t let me forget that!
Africa
Rosanna
Rosanna has one of my all time favorite guitar solos. Incedentally, on that note, in the studio the solo he did on the first take was the one they used in the final recording. Do you guys realise how much money goes into producing a major cd. Studios can easily budget 100k and well beyond that just to record ten or twelve tracks.

These guys put me in the mood to hear some Chicago too!

25 ir 6 to 4
They were recording this song late in the studio and someone asked what time it was. One of the guys said “25 or 6 to 4”. That’s where they lyrics came from.

I gotta’ tell you guys, being in a real studio with a handful of really good musicians is a very special feeling.
Another special feeling is being on a really good drum line. In high school I was a pretty good drummer. We won “best in state” for our drum line. We had six snares. On my facebook page someone posted a picture of our drum line back then if any of you wanna look it up. Okay, I’m rambling.

Saturday in the Park

How about a little Three Dog Night. Do you guys know what a three dog night is? Post your answers please. It’s a quiz!
One

I’ll bet some of you younger folks, Lee, haven’t ever even heard this song.
Cherokee People, Cherokee Pride

My ancestors on my father’s side came to America in 1700. They arrived in Jamestown. He was a Dr. from France. We know his name and what province he came from and the ship he came on. Also, my great grandmother on my father’s side was a Pawnee Indian. I think that’s kinda cool. Did you guys see Dances With Wolves, well the indians in depicted in that movie at the first, you know, the ones who killed the settlers, those were Pawnees! Bwaaahaaahaaaahaahhhaaaa!!!!!

Okay, I’m losing my….mind…….must…..have…sleep…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Do any of you go to the music threads on bmindful (like this one), and get into it like you’re at a party of friends?

What kind of cool experiences have you had, listening to the music contributions of your many friends here?

Do the songs seem to mean more to when you hear they are enjoyed by someone you’ve gotten to know on the site?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I get a huge kick out of it! I’ve found lots of great new stuff from you guys. “Especially those youngsters like Lee!”

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In Honor of the Day
Have a Listen to this
Happy St Patrick’s Day to all who care to celebrate. It is said that today, everyone is Irish!

Blessings,
Bruce-

Hello It’s Me

I heard this on a tv commercial a few minutes ago. What a great old song.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Comin’ Up
Anyone remember this one?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Great piano! Great tune! Santana from 1970 with song Treat

Another Santana song with an awesome beat. The 1st time I heard it, was good but just alright. Though it became a top one to exercise to, and then since has always reminded me of the endorphin rush on the tread mill, and absolutely love it now. It’s called Adouma. Laurie’s exercise song hehheh

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Okay Laurie, I know you LOVE Santana, well is one of my fav Santana songs.

Hold On

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Gerry Rafferty
Get It Right Next Time

Out on the street I was talkin’ to a man
He said “there’s so much of this life of mine that I don’t understand”
You shouldn’t worry yes that ain’t no crime
Cause if you get it wrong you’ll get it right next time (next time).

You need direction, yeah you need a name
When you’re standing in the crossroads every highway looks the same
After a while you can recognize the signs
So if you get it wrong you’ll get it right next time (next time).

Life is a liar yeah life is a cheat
It’ll lead you on and pull the ground from underneath your feet
No use complainin’, don’t you worry, don’t you whine
Cause if you get it wrong you’ll get it right next time (next time).

You gotta grow, you gotta learn by your mistakes
You gotta die a little everyday just to try to stay awake
When you believe there’s no mountain you can climb
And if you get it wrong you’ll get it right next time (next time).

Next time, hmmmmm

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You know what, I think I’m gonna start putting lyrics in with these music posts. At least the ones that I think are special.

Here is one I have posted before, but here is the link AND the lyrics.

You Plant Your Fields

My father said, some things you learn
By only doin’ when it comes your turn
Everything comes around so be ready if you can
Prepare your heart like the farmer turns his land

And you plant your fields when the spring is tender
When the summer beats down, you pray for rain
You hope for the harvest and the long cold winter
And then you plant your fields again

Well he spoke right to my restless soul
Still wild and hungry and beyond control
For all that you dream there’s a time and a place
But you won’t know it till it comes your way

And you plant your fields when the spring is tender

When the spring is tender

You plant your fields again

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Just for fun I’m gonna’ post one of my songs. You know what is amazing to me? How my music shows up on sites I’ve never been to before.

Sea of Tranquility

I search for my soul in a sea of tranquility
Search for an answer where youth used to be
Where are the smiles that a younger man knows
Where lies the truth that he knew long ago
Surrounded by strangers you call me your friend
Stranger still a darkness, escape hides within
With pillows for paper these lonely eyes weep
Sad songs to comfort a lonely man’s sleep
Will God give me strength if I swim down too deep
Cold, misty hollow a love song to keep
I’ll rest in the arms of the sweetest serenety
When I find my soul in the sea of tranquility
Waves wash upon me, this flesh seems to hold me
Spinning through time sounds of magic enfold me
Resting with angels God’s hand seems to mold me
As I search for me soul in the sea
And I find no peace when I look through these eyes
The whisper wind told me to gaze in the skies
Stars on a blanket of sweetest serenety
I found my sould in the sea, the Sea of Tranquility
Jeff Dumas

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I really enjoy your music!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Laurie, and you know it’s really easy to find lyrics for tons of songs on the net. just google a line that you know and lots of times a link with the lyrics will just pop right up. Just copy and paste. Kool, huh?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

yes, thanks.
Surprise!!More santana.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ambrosia
How Much I Feel

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hey that is a great idea to add lyrics to the thread! Im now on a roll to do some posting myself!

Im sure you will all love this song, I do!

ENGIMAGravity of Love

Latin
O fortuna
Velut luna
(translation
O fortune
Like the moon )

Turn around and smell what you dont see
Close your eyes … it is so clear
Heres the mirror, behind there is a screen
On both ways you can get in

Dont think twice before you listen to your heart
Follow the trace for a new start

What you need and everything youll feel
Is just a question of the deal
In the eye of storm youll see a lonely dove
The experience of survival is the key
To the gravity of love

Latin
O fortuna
Velut luna
(translation
O fortune
Like the moon)

————whispers————-
Woman :
The path of excess leads to
The tower of wisdom

Man :
The path of excess leads to
The tower of wisdom
————-whispers—————

Try to think about it …
Thats the chance to live your life and discover
What it is, whats the gravity of love

Latin
O fortuna
Velut luna
(translation
O fortune
Like the moon )

Look around just people, can you hear their voice
Find the one wholl guide you to the limits of your choice

But if youre in the eye of storm
Just think of the lonely dove
The experience of survival is the key
To the gravity of love.

Latin
O fortuna
Velut luna
(translation
O fortune
Like the moon )

Engima – Mea Culpa the lyrics have taken me by surprise. I use this song all the time to help me unwind and relax, I feel refreshed and new when I listen to it. I have only come across the lyrics tonight.

Actually all the lyrics to Engima have taken me by surprise. I have realised Im only capivated by the beats of the instruments and the way they sing.

Over these last few months of this thread I have been sending out songs to share with everyone, I do apologise if some of the songs I have sent give out a different message with words, it wasnt my intention, it was the beats of the music that I wanted to share. I have learnt something about myself tonight, Im a beat kinda girl lol.

Gyspy by Fleetwood Max, lyrics written by Stevie Nicks, she is adorable!

So Im back, to the velvet underground
Back to the floor, that I love
To a room with some lace and paper flowers
Back to the gypsy that I was
To the gypsy… that I was

And it all comes down to you
Well, you know that it does
Well, lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice
Ah, and it lights up the night
And you see your gypsy
You see your gypsy

To the gypsy that remains faces freedom with a little fear
I have no fear, I have only love
And if I was a child
And the child was enough
Enough for me to love
Enough to love

She is dancing away from me now
She was just a wish
She was just a wish
And a memory is all that is left for you now
You see your gypsy
You see your gypsy

Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice

I still see your bright eyes, bright eyes

(she was just a wish)
(she was just a wish)

Donavon Frankenreiter – It Dont Matter love the way he plays his guitar!

Every day people like you and me
Just want to live naturaly
Time told you and you told me
Nothings gonna get us down can’t you see

I said if it don’t matter to you
It don’t matter to me
If it don’t matter to you
It don’t matter to me

People all around making sounds
And all kinds of noise
If I could only get there then I could enjoy
Who they trying to be who they trying to fool
Lets change the mood right now
Turn down the lights its time to cool it down

It don’t matter to me
It don’t matter to me

Yesterday and what we could be
It don’t matter
Getting more of what we don’t need
It don’t matter
Everything unless I’m with you
It doesn’t matter to me, no

Bring it on down bring it on down to me
Sing it on down sing it on down for me
Sing it on down sing it on down to me

It don’t matter to me
(No no no no)
It don’t matter to me
(Mmm Hmm)
It don’t matter to me
(No no no no)
It don’t matter to me

Sometimes it don’t matter to me
Don’t matter to me

The Feelers – Stand Up off their Playground Battle album

It’s time to open up the memories of your past
And it’s time to move on
It’s time to open up the shadows of your heart
And it’s time to move on

‘Cause it’s a great time to live and it’s time to
Stand up and be counted
Stand up and be counted on

It’s time to open up and shed a little light
On your soul
‘Cause the box you put your heartache in got
Lost or swept out to sea
Now it’s time just to move on

Stand up and be counted

And it’s a long long road to carry on I’ve got to
Stand up and be counted on, It’s a long long
Road and I’ve got to be strong.

And it’s a long long road to carry on I’ve got to

Stand up and be counted

Yea it’s a long long road to carry on I’ve got to

Yea it’s a long long road to carry on I’ve got to

It’s a long long

It’s a long long

A Post For Guitar Players
I found some stuff from one of my all time favorite guitarists. These are worth listening to for sure.

Steve Lukather
Ever Changing Times
Song for Jeff

and here are TWO of my all time favorite guitarists playing together
Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather
Put It Where You Want It
And I’m pretty sure that’s Victor Wooten on the bass. I don’t know anyone else who plays that well.

Here is Steve Lukather and Lee Ritenour, also one of my favorite players.
Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers

Victor Wooten
Bela and Victor

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, here is one more with Voctor Wooten
Bass Solo

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Think about it, there must be higher love
Down in the heart or hidden in the stars above
Without it, life is wasted time
Look inside your heart, I’ll look inside mine

Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair?
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love, oh
Bring me a higher love
Where’s that higher love, I keep thinking of?

Worlds are turning and we’re just hanging on
Facing our fear and standing out there alone
A yearning, and it’s real to me
There must be someone who’s feeling for me

Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair?
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
I could rise above on a higher love

I will wait for it, I’m not too late for it
Until then, I’ll sing my song
To cheer the night along

I could light the night up with my soul on fire
I could make the sun shine from pure desire
Let me feel that love come over me
Let me feel how strong it could be

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love

Hello Jeff, great music, you’ve posted, as usual. I was going to add some more after listening to your posts. Though, when I was there (Youtube), I ran into Buddy Guy playing Cream, Hendrix and Hooker. And then Jeff Beck and BB King and Clapton. I had trouble making it back here. I so wanted to bring back more, but was worried I’d get too carried away. And besides I just couldn’t choose which ones not to post. Too much fun here.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Nice choice!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I thought of another good Santana song for you Laurie!

Santana Winning

One day I was on the ground
When I needed a hand
And it couldn’t be found
I was so far down
That I couldn’t get up
You know and
One day I was one of life’s losers
Even my friends were my ac-cus-ers
And in my head
Lost before I’d begun

I had a dream
But it turned to dust
What I thought was love
That must have been lust
I was living in style
When the walls fell in
When I played my hand
I looked like a joker
Turn around
Fate must have woke her
‘Cause lady luck she was
Waiting outside the door

Chorus:

I’m winning
I’m winning
I’m winning
And I don’t intend on losing again

Too bad it belonged to me
It was the wrong time
And I meant to be
It took a long time
And I knew for now
I can see the day
That I breath for
Friends agree there’s a need
To play the game
And to win again

Chorus:
(repeat first line 5x’s)
(repeat last line 4x’s)

Repeat Verse II

Chorus:
(repeat first line 5x’s)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jason Mraz
I’m Yours

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you’re so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
Now I’m trying to get back
Before the cool done run out
I’ll be giving it my bestest
And nothing’s going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it’s again my turn to win some or learn some

I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I’m yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you’re free
Look into your heart and you’ll find love love love love
Listen to the music of the moment babay sing with me
We’re just one big family
And It’s our God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved

So I won’t hesitate no more, not yours
It cannot wait I’m sure
There’s no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I’m yours

Scooch on over closer dear
And i will nibble your ear

I’ve been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what I’m be saying is there ain’t no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It’s what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

But I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I’m yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you’re free
Look into your heart and you’ll find that the sky is yours
Please don’t, please don’t, please don’t
There’s no need to complicate
Cause our time is short
This oh this this is out fate, I’m yours!

Life is Wonderful

It takes a crane to build a crane
It takes two floors to make a story
It takes an egg to make a hen
It takes a hen to make an egg
There is no end to what I’m saying

It takes a thought to make a word
And it takes some words to make an action
And it takes some work to make it work
It takes some good to make it hurt
It takes some bad for satisfaction

Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ah la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la

It takes a night to make it dawn
And it takes a day to make you yawn brother
And it takes some old to make you young
It takes some cold to know the sun
It takes the one to have the other

And it takes no time to fall in love
But it takes you years to know what love is
And it takes some fears to make you trust
It takes some tears to make it rust
It takes the dust to have it polished

Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ah la la la la

It takes some silence to make sound
And it takes a loss before you found it
And it takes a road to go nowhere
It takes a toll to make you care
It takes a hole to MAKE a mountain

Ah la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la life goes full circle
Ah la la la la la life is meaningful
Ah la la la la la life is meaningful
Ah la la la la la la life is full of
Ah la la la la la life is so full of love
Ah la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life is meaningful
Ah la la la la la life is full of
Ah la la la la la life is so full of love

More Mraz……….

Anything You Want

The World Exploded into Love

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What a great tune Laurie, I LOVE it!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

was introduced to Jason Mraz on Bmindful from Lee…thank you(:
I heard I’m Yours
on Saturday Night Live last night, and then saw him in an interview where Jason Mraz said Life is Wonderful
is one of his favorites, so I checked music and lyrics out. I too love them both. What an upbeat guy;my kinda person! (smiles)
———————————————————————————————————

• Assortment….time to do some updating soon(:
    Miracle Worker-Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, A. R. Rahman und Damian Marley
    New Music with Michael Craig:
    Still, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. First up is the video for Miracle Worker, a reggae number with a hint of No Doubt. Stone sings with Marley before a fantastically awkward Jagger emerges to drawl a litany of medical metaphors, including “no need for anaesthetics, I’m gonna check your chart”. In the video the group go about their day – Stone selling flowers, Marley playing records, Rahman sitting in a car, Stewart getting a tattoo (for some reason, he’s billed as the band’s rebel) and Jagger fidgeting awkwardly in a bright pink suit. Like the song, it’s a mess but there’s something oddly compelling about it.

Dave Stewart and Joss Stone mini interview

So much going on these days
Forget about instinct
It’s not what pays.
Pleasureup and down my smile
A carton of eggs think
It’s all worthwhile
Tell me Spirit – what has not been done?
I’ll rush out and do it
Or are we doing it now?

Fissure is the thrill of the day
Forget about feeling
That’s not what pays
But you know – all of this can change
Remember the promise as a kid you made

We are the innovators
They are the imitators
Come on – hey, don’t you know how we started
We forget about love
But weren’t brokenhearted
———————-
Same group….different song performed on Letterman
The Way That He Sings
I Will Sing You Songs

—————————-
Joss Stone
Free Me
Some Kind of Wonderful
Tell Me Something Good
Music
Baby Baby Baby
Dontcha Want to Ride

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That Live is Wonderful tune is really great too. I hadn’t heard either of those before.

Those made me think of Jack Johnson
Upside Down
Better Together

Like us here on BeMindful, We’re Better Together!

Banana Pancakes

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Anyone for some Van Morrison?

Whenever God Shines His Light

Whenever God shines his light on me
Opens up my eyes so I can see
When I look up in the darkest night
I know everything’s going to be alright
In deep confusion, in great despair
When I reach out for him he is there
When I am lonely as I can be
I know that God shines his light on me
Reach out for him, he’ll be there
With him your troubles you can share
If you live the life you love
You get the blessing from above
He heals the sick and heals the lame
Says you can do it too in Jesus name

He’ll lift you up and turn you around
And put your feet back, feet back on higher ground

Reach out for him, he’ll be there
With him your troubles you can share
You can use his higher power
In every day and any hour
He heals the sick and heals the lame
Says you can do it too in Jesus name

He’ll lift you up and turn you around
And put your feet back, feet back on higher ground.

Van Morrison – Warm Love

Look at the ivy on the cold clinging wall
Look at the flowers and the green grass so tall
Its not a matter of when push comes to shove
Its just an hour on the wings of a dove

Its just warm love
Its just warm love

I dig it when youre fancy dressed up in lace
I dig it when you have a smile on your face
This inspirations got to be on the flow
This invitations got to see it and know

Its just warm love
Its just warm love
And its everpresent everywhere
That warm love

That warm love

To the country Im going
Lay and laugh in the sun
You can bring, bring your guitar along
Well sing some songs, well have some fun

The sky is crying and its time to go home
And we shall hurry to the car from the foam
Sit by the fire and dry out our wet clothes
Its raining outside from the skies up above

Inside its warm love
Inside its warm love
That Warm love

That Warm love

Can You feel it

That Warm love

Hey

That Warm love

Fanastic Stuming from Stevie Ray Vaughan –

Mary Had A Little Lamb

Texas Flood

I see PureEssence sharing Van Morrison:

Here’s another… with quite a line up ..Moon Dance with Van Morrison, Santana, Etta James, Dr. Hook…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m glad you brought this thread back up to the top. Here are a few bands you probably never heard of, but will most likely like.

Here are just of a few from Guster I found on youtube. Many more there.
Guster Do You Love Me
Guster Satellite
Guster Architects and Engineers (neat video)

Hoobastank has a lot on youtube as well. Here is one tune you have heard.
Hoobastank The Reason

Jamie Cullum
Jamie Cullum I’m All Over It
SelfCare, I think you’ll like this guy, kind of reminds me of Mraz.

Here is an old one for you. If you liked Meat Loaf, you are sure to like Jim Steinman.
Jim Steinman Rock and Roll Dreams Come True

Matt Nathanson
Matt Nathanson Come On Get Higher

SelfCare introduced me to My Morning Jacket. Digg In…
My Morning Jacket Touch Me I’m Going to Scream (another good video)

Rilo Kiley
Rilo Kiley Execution of All Things

Priscilla Ahn
Priscilla Ahn Dream

Rooney
Rooney When Did Your Heart Go Missing

And…

Richard Shindell
Richard Shindell Darkness, Darkness

Enjoy, my friends, enjoy…

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

This viral is going video today. What a father will do for his child, through music. A blind kid in a wheelchair in Univ of Louisville’s marching band. Inspirational.

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:
Thank you so much for posting this. Most definitely inspirational(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR3orob9xtE

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

this must be an old thread but, i strongly agree. Music is the soul of everything we do. For me, whenever i feel sad and alone, music is the only one makes me feel alive again.

“So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I’m singing
Thanks for all the joy they’re bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me”

- Abba

Love this old thread!

Love listening to music from shows like The Voice

This is a reggae sound

I haven't watched the show in some time-though love the talent!!!

loved listening and wanted to share.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

returning soon

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content