login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Staying Focused

keep-calm-and-stay-focused-36.png

►•If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.”
~ ☼Jim Rohn: was an American entrepreneur author and motivational speaker
quote added July 6, 2012

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS30G8F-enUITEn2zGMqJOuIFrgelBxd6CSQpz_R1LfQcagtfHZ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0XOWm8iAFaqI1JCRgjywU5cl3kL6Z6RL6RtnPfa9RmeI3NcuMtaSQ8u4
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVulbp_qDgtquPO5_piufKqhxvWg02c7GyL5WlVtfeHkr52jMnBA

this thread was written in 2009 …though ready to turn it into present day thread(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Laurie. One thing that really helps in me being more productive everyday and gets my focus back on things in to do one thing at a time. e.g. You have some really big project that you want to finish. What you do is to break the project into many small tasks which you can easily do in a small time. Then all you have to do is just think of finishing that one small task. Just start on finishing that one small task and more often then not you will notice that when you start with that one small task you get the momentum on your side you and end up getting really interested in doing the task.

The other thing that you can do is to make a To-do list but dont make a really big list. Just list the 3 or 4 most important tasks that you want to finish in the day and concentrate on finishing them by focusing one thing at a time.

One affirmation that I use for being more productive is
“I concentrate on doing one thing at a time by dividing a task into many small ones which helps me to start easily.”

I think that you should concentrate on starting a task rather than finishing it. If you just keep on starting then I believe finishing will take care of itself.

A couple of really good websites that I am aware of are:-
1. www.stevepavlina.com
2. www.zenhabits.net

Thanks
Aman Mehta

Dear Laurie,

Do you realize how important it is in what you just wrote? Amazing! If you look at any of my writings you will see that I always tell people to go with the flow of the Universe. If you try to swim against it’s current, you will be in deep peril; and if you relax with love and trust, and go with it’s flow … you will get where you want to go so much faster and easier.
Thank you Laurie for this great contribution to the Forum! You have put into practice what I say; and have validated that it does indeed work in your favour! You are such a blessed soul Laurie.

With Universal love,
Jude xxx ooo

P.S to that …. yes … don’t forget to “focus” on where you want to go, whilst going with the flow.

Jude xxx ooo

In response to amehta6’s post:
You read my mind, I love the sites you’ve mentioned(: Also your reinforcement for not taking on too much and breaking things down into small pieces, and work on getting started vrs finishing is wonderful advice.

When I’m involved with big projects, I have to fight a nagging inner voice that doesn’t applaud my efforts. It keeps assessing how BIG of a project it is. Though after days of digging into a project, and I can finally really see the fruits of my labor(: , I finally give myself kudos for my efforts and results.

Sounds like I need affirmations for the process. Thanks for the one you gave me(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Judiann’s post:
yes I firmly agree about not to forget to “focus” on where I want to go, while going with the flow(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to amehta6’s post:

Hey Laurie, I wanted to let you know I agree with Amehta6’s recommendation of Zen Habits. It is a great blog and I enjoy his tips tremendously.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Yes, I love Zen Habits and receive newsletter. Do you get it too?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:

Yes. I don’t always have time to read it when it comes out, but the funny thing is – when I finally do get the time, it is almost always pertinent to what is going on with me. Right place, right time kind of thing… :)

You know, I used to hate lists and despise routine. However, no matter how much I kicked and screamed, it was the only thing that kept me organized and going in the directions of my goals. Once I just gave in and went with the flow of the lists, things got much easier for me. Now, I drive my hubby crazy with my lists…

Dream goals (for the next one to five years)
12 week goals (important for me to keep my long terms in the right direction)
daily goals (to keep me headed in my twelve week goals)

Inside my daily goals, I have 4 sections. 1) How well I did keeping up with yesterday’s goals. 2) What are my today’s accomplishments 3) what can I do better to make sure I can get my daily goals accomplished and my biggie is 4) reciprocation – what can I do/give/be for someone else to help them accomplish their goals.

Thought I’d share… MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Your lists sound like mine(: Do you listen to Brian Tracy too?(:

Oh yeah, and as usual, I’m glad you share what you did(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Who is Brian Tracy? Does he write books? I haven’t heard of him. Let me know!

Brian is my main man(: Brian Tracy is a phenomenal motivational speaker, at least I think so. I’ve been listening to him since the mid 80’s when I was working 2 wonderful jobs that required a lot of organization and being thorough. I wanted so much to pull off this work in a way that would serve all those it involved. I’m happy to say, I did what I set out to do. I was told I exceeded expectations in those positions. I have to tell you I owe a lot of my staying on course to Brian.

Someone in the field loaned me part of an abridged version (back then)of one of his many tapes entitled Psycholgy of Achievement (side 2b(: ). It was awhile before I acquired a library of his stuff.

I honestly like a lot of his abridged work better than the multiple CD sets. If I want to listen to lengthier things while I’m studying or cleaning I’ll listen to the lengthier versions.

If learning something new (like a language or an intense new area at work or academic setting(, I recommend Accelerated Learning (abridged version). Then after you get what you need from that, them get longer version.

Down the road, I found a tape/CD I love of his for motivation called Eat That Frog. It’s my cup of coffee when I have the “slows”. He has great planning books. He’s a master in the planning process. Though, he’ll be the 1st one to tell you, he isn’t the 1st to say what he’s said, he has researched the best of the best.

He has a way with words, where he hits a nerve of whatever didn’t work for you before being ok, and proceeds to tell you why now is different and go for it.

Go to Briantracy.com He has free newsletters. Enjoy!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’ve been skimming over this post and plan to re-read it and check out some of the links.

One thing I read somewhere that makes sense to me, but I don’t do it enough. If you have something you have to do everyday for your job that you hate most people will put it off until the last, BUT, if you do the thing you hate FIRST then the rest of your day will be much more pleasant and less stressful.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Staying focused is my ticket today(:

I have had fun on bmindful, and now to focus on other categories:
my health, my home, my finances and relationship(:

Off I go. Time for exercise 1st!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey Laurie~ Focus is going to be my frog this week. I cannot seem to sit down at the computer long enough to be fruitful. (Yikes, that is a negative affirmation I just typed) My mind is flittering from thoughts of business, bmindful, social, etc. I think it is time to get back to the basics and start my lists again!!

Lists rock!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

So do binders! :) hehehe…

Thank you Laurie, I need to get focus today and found this rejuvenated thread and it is exactly what I need this afternoon to get all that I need to get done. I find sometimes that the world seems to get in my way during a project and this site helps me to get back into focus. So today I will focus on taking one step forward however small. I will aim for 1% better then yesterday and will remain in the positive light through all the changes that are coming my way.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to rockswealth’s post:
Big heartfelt smile to you! And the best to you toward all steps on your journey.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, I am happy to hear you are moving forward with lots of new and exciting endeavors in your life. You have persevered through so much that it is time for you to reap your rewards. May all your desires come to an easy fruition!! ((( BIG HUGS )))

I believe the rewards are in process…And I thank God for all I can see, and the things are not yet in sight..but happening none the less. I will just keep putting 1 foot in front of the other “with the next right action” (: I thank you for your warmth and encouragement.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

How are you doing with declaring your daily focus? I’m so grateful to have developed my faith even more in things unseen that I’m working on. Because as we all have heard time and time again….SEE YOUR FINISHED RESULT IN YOUR MIND. MAKE A PLAN TOWARD IT. LET GO OF THE RESULT HAPPENING OR NOT HAPPENING. USE IT AS A COMPASS. IF YOU ARE TOO RIGID IN THE END RESULT, YOU MIGHT BE LESSENING THE POSSIBILITIES. MANY TIMES THINGS HAPPEN BEYOND OUR WILDEST IMAGINATION.

Don’t allow your taste buds to get so rigid, that you only think you know how great the meal is. Let every meal..every joy..be like the 1st time. Be mindful and live your best life(:
Laurie~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks for the last post you made on here.

Speaking of Imagination, I signed up to this group applyingneville work by Neville Goodard, you may already be aware of this group but every day it delivers great articles on staying focused and using the power of your wonderful imagination, the wealth of information I receive from the 2 Neville groups I have joined and from bmindful is allowing me to become the person I visualise myself of being by staying focused, and also helping to prioritise important things in my life I wish to fulfil.

www.nevillelecturehall.com, on the left hand side of the home page scroll down to Sign up for Neville groups, click on the images of the group you would like to join, once signed up you can view all articles dating back several years

In response to buttercake’s post:

Buttercake, Neville LectureHall is a wonderful site www.nevillelecturehall.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _____________________________________________________________________

The following are triggers for some of the areas that help me find a focus which feels well rounded for me.
(1) Spiritual (my spirit) my relationship with myself, My creativity, My life purpose and my relationship with Something Greater Than myself and…Taking time for prayer and personal solitude .., savoring moments
(2) Physical Health (Maintaining and Surpassing Basics)
(3)Survival and Your Dreams (Finances- Saving it… Spending… and Utilizing it well)
(4) Professional and Educational (Maintaining and Surpassing Basics)
(5) Mental (my thoughts, my knowledge, my attitudes and beliefs; analytical self …and exploring new ideas, cultivating positive attitudes, examining your beliefs..
(6) Emotional (my feelings)..also laughing, playing, having fun, sharing feelings,.. creating warm relationships
(7) Recreational
(8) Social
(9) People ( all from very close to acquaintances..family ..friends..business associates, networking etc)
(10) Places

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie,
You are a remarkable woman. So insightful! What an inspiration for us all.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy’s post:
Poppy, thank you so much for your very kind words. It means a lot that what I’ve posted ..others might benefit from.It makes the effort I put into me..more meaningful. Bmindful has never felt like some elusive cyberspace..
It is a powerful sharing zone..with love to love..equaling a greater level of love. Wouldn’t you say?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

bmindful is like knowing theres always a hug waiting for you ,your thoughts and words are welcomed and respected and you are in a comunity that really cares ,im so grateful to be a part of it

Staying focused – thats a skill i have temporarily misplaced ,love flowergirl

In response to Refreshed & In The Flow’s post:

Yes, absolutely! A higher level of love and Light (Enlightment)

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content