login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Vision Boards

If you are working toward a few specific goals, do you guys think it’s more effective to only have those goals on the vision board?

I currently have many goals on my board, but there are a few that are more important at this time and I just wanted to know if I should remove those that aren’t as important. My th0ought process ion doing this is that I will be placing more focus on these areas daily when viewing the board…Just a thought…Do you think it makes a difference?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I’ve only done one vision board, it was for goals last year, and am currently working on another. i guess I would have to ask… how does your board feel to you when you look at it? Does it seem unfocused? If there is anything on there that feels trivial and draws attention away from the purpose, try removing those items. then live with your board for a few days and see if it feels more ‘right’ to you. As you add and subtract from the arrangement, you should find your focus growing stronger. Just my two bits for what they are worth. :-)

Other threads with same name might have ideas for you

Here’s another one

And one more

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

hi featherlady… that is what I did to my board… it had something on it that I would love to have but if I never get it I will be just as happy… so I took it off….. on the other hand my big screen hdtv stayed on and I can hardly wait to get that one!!! luv to all…

Hi Jennifer,
I think it’s great that you have a vision board, I think everyone should.
I wanted to share my story with you about my experience with a vision board.
I turned to Spirituality about two years ago and I was looking for answers and wanted to find things that interested me to help me on my journey. To make a long story short, I created a vision board, worked on it for over five hours in one day. I had already started clipping photo’s and printing images from the web to create my vision board with. I have put in my frame of mind that all things are possible if you believe. The reason I say that is that
I finished my vision board and had it hanging where I would see it everyday.
It’s two years later and I now live in San Francisco, my spirituality is stronger, I had photo’s of money and my partner retired early and got a lump
sum of money. Something’s on my vision board haven’t happened yet. I am patient and have already created my second vision board and really thinking about starting a three. The things that I have be blessed with things on my vision board and for those images, I read that you put something new on top of it.

Here is a link to where you can read more about it. I am only sending you this link for you to read, nothing else.

Good Luck
Paul A.

Sorry Jennifer,
Here is the link: http://www.visualizeyourgoals.com/

A little over a year ago I had built a vision board of sorts but did not know about vision boards. Until this year I’d never heard of vision boards. My ‘board’ was the freebie screensaver that Microsoft has already installed on the computer. I had set myself what seemed a ridiculously difficult goal of saving up and going to Scotland for three weeks. I was determined, and the trip would be funded entirely by sales of my artwork. My ‘vision board’ was a collection of photos from around Scotland that I found on flickr. I used the images that really spoke to me. Since orders for commissioned work come to me through my computer, I would be seeing this vision board every day and longing to see those places myself. I didn’t know the precise location of much of them. Well, long story short, I did make that trip, traveling solo, driving and backpacking as the vision I had set for myself. and upon returning I saw that screensaver again… and realized that I had stood in nearly all those locations. :-) I’m already planning to do it again, once again backpacking all around. Only next time I’ll have more than 6 months to pull it together!

I’ve got a new ‘vision board’ under construction, reflecting many goals. this one’s a book though. I don’t have the space for a board, but I’m finding this little handmade journal (an Etsy find) to be very convenient and readily accessible every day. I’ve written several affirmations amongst the photos I’ve placed, and it’s a pleasure to flip through and read these. They add so much strength to the images.

Hi Featherlady!

It’s so great to hear stories like yours. That’s good stuff and I’m sure the new one will be just as successful:)

Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer

Thank you all for your responses! I posted this question in another forum as well and didn’t realize that this one had new comments that I have not read.

Paul- Thank you so much for sharing you story as it’s very inspirational and I do believe almost anything is possible with preparation, knowledge, persistence, dedication, determination and hard work! Good luck on your new board!

Featherlady- I didn’t read your first entry, so I will answer your questions about my board. My board feel good right now and I have rearranged it recently as I have accomplished some of the goals on it. I increase the size of the pics that are related the goals that are my priority and tweak it out when necessary. This is my first vision board and I just wanted to make sure that I using this tool as effectively as I could. I didn’t want to seem scattered as I have many goals on my board, some more important and timely than others. I just wanted to know if anyone thought that it would be more effective to only have to most relevant goas on the board and then add accordingly as it may be more effective to only see a few items rather than everything. I don’t feel unfocused when I look at my board, but I do feel a little overwhelmed.

Anyhow, thanks again for all of you sharing your experiences and I shall keep you posted:)

Jennifer

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content