login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Falling off the Bandwagon

I was just wondering how you all handle it when you “fall off the bandwagon” with your positive affirmations?

In response to David’s post:

David, I am not sure if I know what you mean. There are days, because of how busy I get, I may not “see” things the way I could’ve. Though, I generally know from how I feel that it’s simply time to reframe my day with better ways to “see” from that moment on. I usually end up generating an affirmation that allows what I didn’t do to happen less often in the future.

We can’t always be 100%; but that’s the beauty of speaking better to ourselves. It’s about progression not perfection.

If we keep SPEAKING about perfecting our lives, and believing our words are beyond powerful (and NOT JUST DEMANDING IT), we will experience the GOOD more and feel better more often.

Demanding things of ourselves rather than speaking to ourselves with love and faith leads to perfectionism. Perfectionists are frustrated procrastinators who have strong ideas about what they want but beat themselves up with guidelines/ rules that they can’t possibly handle. And often that is coupled with unclear plans of getting what they want.

Here is a quote I like:
“Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly”
St. Francis De Sales

I’d like to add 1 thing to that quote
And you are exactly where you’re supposed to be, so go from there.

I also like this quote as a preface to all of my affirmations
by Seneca
“Let us train our minds to desire what the situation demands.

Am I grasping what you mean David? Hope it helped(: Whether it did or it didn’t I wish you the very best with whatever you’re working on!(: Please continue on this thread, it’s a great idea! We all occcasionally have off days and off moments!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The thing that helps me the most if I have a day where I am too busy to concentrate on affirmations or I react a different way to something and it’s not the “right way”, (what’s the right way anyway, there is just what is, is the fact that I am “aware”, being aware of what you are not doing or what you are doing makes it easier to step back into the “right mode” so to speak. To me it seems that there is also a certain way of being that after time becomes such a part of your life that it requires not much concentration, you live it, you just are. Having said that I occasionally fall by the wayside, which makes me not perfect, boy am I glad about that, too hard to live up to that one!!! but there is always the knowledge that is there and nothing can take that away. There are some people who stumble around and don’t like their life and don’t take responsibility for their happiness and they are “unaware” that there is another way to be. So David, I think that we all “fall off the bandwagon” as you put it, but awareness/knowledge is what puts us back on track and why would you choose to stay “off the bandwagon”, when you know that there is a different way.
Laurie, I love your quotes and what you said.

One of my favorite affirmations is: “My affirmations work for me whether I believe them or not”. And every little bit helps.

This post is in reply to David, but I’d like to address Laurie and ClamShellNinja first.

Laurie I love your modification to St. Francis De Sales’ quote. Kind of reminds me of the “Be Here Now” training I had years ago. And CSN, the whole unawareness issue comes into play with my Healing Touch work. People who don’t necessarily believe that the Universe has anything for them do experience grace whether they want to or know, whether they believe in it or not. That’s the wonderful thing about connection with it.

Regarding the ‘Bandwagon”. Falling off is easy, getting back on it is bliss!

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I had fallen off the proverbial wagon and stopped my affirmations but before I stopped I have to tell you they were bringing huge changes to me in my personal and business life. I incorporated my affirmations with my goal statement and my dream board and am now back to saying and living by my affirmations.

It is amazing what speaking to the universe can bring into your life.

Have a fabulous day!!
Jodie

Years ago I used affirmations “unconsciously”. I used them without feeling and REALLY remembering (where it counts), that it’s not all about me.

While I am more grateful than ever regarding being part of it “all”, as a young person, I didn’t know how being part of something was enough.

I know there is a whole universe of people, places and things out there. And for me, God governs it. G-d is everything. My fellow man and I are all in this together.

I just couldn’t grasp love myself 1st thing. I thought I was here to support others then one day I’d get back to me. I probably learned that from self sacrificing female family members.

Experience helps achieve balance. Yes, we need to give AND receive.

I finally found out I am truly responsible for myself. I am responsible for my thoughts and my actions. While I can’t always make my desired results happen when I want them, I found like Mick Jagger said, “You can’t always get what you want; but, if you try sometime, you get whatcha need”. (: I found, I must love myself at least a hair more than I love you. Without loving myself first, I will not feel worthy enough to what I can possibly do for another or myself. If I don’t love myself enough, my motives for caring for me or others is dysfunctional and imbalanced. Self sacrifice is good sometimes. Many do it too often, or not at all. If we did it all of the time, we’d have nothing, not even an idea how to tend to ourselves. And if we did it more often than not, we’d know what we wanted, and spend no time on making it happen. It’s all about the fragile thing called balance.

About 30 years ago, I read a book called Three magic words. It had you on the end of your seat through the whole book, trying to figure out what in the heck are those 3 magic words!

While powerful as it might be to have finally heard what those 3 words were,contemplating the possibilities in how it sounded saying those words, a mighty debate began within me regarding this basic metaphysical concept. BTW, it said “I AM God”; meaning me, and whoever was reading it.

That book got lot of attention both positive and negative. Positive, were those who ran with the idea of them being God. And the negative, were those who felt that was blasphemy. There were things that came out later that clarified the book; not sure if it was from the author or not. Basically saying we all have G-d’s spark within us, which I believe 1000%.

I’m not speaking religion. It’s just part of my foundation for belief. For me, it’s simply important to remember I am not in total charge. That’s called the power in powerlessness; knowing what we can and cannot control is powerful. You wouldn’t stand in front of a moving train and attempt to use an affirmation, even if you felt at times you had a gift to control things.

Though, with that in mind, as I know you would ALL definitely agree, we are very powerful beings! And whatever you choose to call the Power that Makes it all happen for you, for everything, It, that Power of ALL Good, is there. If you can’t wake up believing that glass is 1/2 full you will never see ALL or any of what life has for you. If you focus on the things that never work, you will not keep building on what does work. Using a Power greater than yourself in your life with your most positive understanding of it “all”, each day has a chance of something greater than imaginable. When involving others in moving forward things grow better in every direction.

That is what Lee has done in this site. He has brought many people together, with a many different views, but all moving toward the most positive place they can fathom. And together we can all continue to evolve to a phenomenal place with our own unique understanding.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

laurie! That post was AMAZING and you’ve put into words something I haven’t yet been able.

It’s funny you said “You wouldn’t stand in front of a moving train and attempt to use an affirmation” – I’ve actually been thinking about this ALL day. I’ll send you something in the next week or so that I plan on writing that’s very much related to this!

Laurie, I really love reading your posts and know that so many people gain from them! Thank you!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Laurie,

I think I’m getting it but it’s a difficult thing, for me, to separate ‘now’ from good future planning. I’m still too much of an engineer maybe; I’ve always lived in the future?
I accept fully what you say though, about being demanding and a perfectionist and I know from my own experience that you’re right; I am one such person, which why I’m beating myself up trying to grasp what you mean by ‘now’.
And the quote you’ve referenced by St Francis De Sales is a show stopper! Why? because it makes a huge assumption that we know what we are; and that has been my burning question for over six years and the main reason I’ve taken so many personality tests to try and find out. I would love to know me well enough to develope him; but I’m simply not ready. So for me at least, the six million dollar question is: How do you find out? I know this is back to basics for this site and I don’t want to upset the rhythm of this forum but this one is literally driving me mad.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

In response to freerace’s post:

Hello “Freerace”,
I think you know more than you think and feel that you do(:
Do you realize how many “right” things you must know to get to where you are and be who you are?

You had to know how to simflify things to make anything happen. You may have a desire to oversimplify them. In my opinion life is beautifully complex. We will always be asking questions.

I enjoy a particular goal-setting guy;Brian Tracy. He has a way of communicating in helping you plan and simultaneously help you understand some universal laws. If you’re interested, I’ll share favorites pertaining yto things you speak of.

I remember when I met my husband, we pondered fun questions like, “Is simplicity complex or is complexity simple?(: Both correct “of course”.

I too -am very into behavior and what makes things connected. I think we learn more about that in hindsight. No psych or socialwork-type course REALLY taught me what I learned in life UNTIL it became hindsight.

I love in your profile about bettering the live and let live idea-by doing it better(:.

You are a very successful person,creativity in writing and music, with work, family and relationships. You’ve proven that! You can’t control others, you can only better yourself. Your best revenge in the “jungle” out there -is be the best you, you can be. And that seems to be your focus, which you’ve attained in so many areas.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie,
Many thanks for your considered response. You’ve certainly got me thinking. I must confess to being lured by your invitation to Brian Tracey’s work; some clarity here would be just brilliant.
Unfortunately, my partner and I don’t have these sorts of conversation; I wish we did. She thinks it’s a bit pointless and maybe she’s right but it’ll never stop me from the ponderings that are home to the bmindfuller. It’s good to have a place to come and have these debates and I hope to graduate to that level of useful mentorism that you have eliquently demonstrated. Thank you for your thoughts Laurie; if I can ever be of help in engineering matters, just let me know:)

What an amazing volley this is; where do you get your depth? What you say about my partner is right Laurie but you needn’t worry. She has other trates which make her wonderful to me and we are very close; you know; not just partners.

What my partner finds futile is that, to her, it changes nothing to prod and probe in thin air. She says it’s a little like picking at a wound instead of letting it heel; causing more anguish than I am trying to resolve. Well, it’s an opinion.

Anyway, your previous correspondence made me feel pretty good and I’m resolved to be a bit more positive for the future.

Many thanks Laurie.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content