login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Facebook & all of those things Everyone is up to

Alright you guys, educate me. Tell me the value(s) of Facebook.

If I hear about it or get invited to it 1 more time, without fully grasping why I’d want to hop aboard..my to do list is going to paralyze itself.

Now, I know you don’t want that for me(:

I have this info I found

Too much to sort thru, right now. Who wants to summarize the fun and the cool things Facebook will assist me with (or not)?

I hear about games on it , and so much more….

I hear I can keep it as private as I want. That’s the biggest selling point for a me to get sold, so far.

OK I’m all ears for your few-liners(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

In response to Laurie Is Having Another Great Day~‘s post:
I found this, and this assisted a bit more

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

A group of my friends talked me into signing up. I still have mixed feelings about it.
After having signed up, I started finding and connecting to old friends and my family memebers far away. That is a nice thing about facebook.
I don’t use it very often, except for sending or recieving a quick message to someone and endup going through what other friends have posted (picture, articles, comments etc.)

…what a wonderful world….

I use Facebook as a play ground for meeting new people and connecting with old friends from High School and Junior High. They have many games that can teach you discipline and commerce. Their farm games are meant to teach you how to have a productive business. the neighbors you get from the games like Farm Town and FarmVille can be from all over the world. I have met people from South Africa, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and all over the USA. You can take a break from the real world and live in a virtual world that can be what ever you want it to be. Your best bet is to check out what your friends are doing and then decide what you want to get involved in. I personally have joined groups like Manifest Masterminds and a couple of other spiritual groups. some of the stuff others write are quite interesting. It just all depends on what you like to do to have fun. If you decide to check it out I have a suggestion for you, get a personal gmail account for your email and use it exclusively for FaceBook. you know something like- [email protected] this way you will know that everything you receive in that email account can usually be dumped with out even reading them because you will see everything on FaceBook first.

The benefits as far as I can see so far, you get some very close ties with your neighbors and if you ever decide to make a living on the Internet you can ask them for their help and they will be more then willing to help. Especially if you can help them at the same time. It is exactly what it is called a Social Network and depending on your goals it is a good way to get a mailing list without having to get a mailing list. ie Bulletins and posts and notes you leave on your friends sites. If you decide to join be sure to get a separate email address, it will definitely make it easier.

Best of luck if you decide to join here is my link so you can find me and become my friend.Rocks Profile

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

I use it for sharing pictures with my family and keeping in touch with friends far away…and relatives oversease. I don’t play the games and I “hide” people who talk too much! :) My mom’s best friend found me and “friended” me…and my mom has been gone for over twenty years. That was pure joy and made signing up for facebook well worth it!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I like Facebook- with appropriate boundaries. I like that I can see and share pictures and I love some of the applications.

You have to have high protection on the site so that only friends can see your stuff. I advise that you do not belong to any networks or post ANY personal info (i.e. contact info).

If you sign up, we have to FB friends.

…What makes you different, makes you beautiful…

Well, Laurie, it can be useful for some stuff, but it can also waste a lot of your time. It’s handy for keeping up with your friends and family and sharing pictures and videos and such, but it has a bunch of shiny little baubles that can suck you in. Personally, I think you wouldn’t get distracted by all the little games and “send a hugs”, but a lot of folks do. I’ve found a bunch of people I went to high-school with on there, which is nice, and you can really use it for networking. But like anything, you have to invest in it to get much out of it. I find that it’s often a distraction, or better yet, a convenient “excuse” to keep me from taking care of more important things. It could be used productively though. Kinda like youtube, I really get lost finding music on there. I get started, and before I know it I’ve spent hours just posting links to stuff you guys might like. I really enjoy doing that even if only a few of you check out the links, it kinda makes me feel good.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Thanks for your post Jeff(:

I want to thank you for your wonderful posts. Posting takes time. With a big heart like yours, who is out to not just save something for himself, but to share with a community is deeply appreciated. Glad it assists you..But I wanted to take a moment to say, I’m sure I speak for many, you educate and entertain us all here.

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

In response to Laurie Is Having Another Great Day~‘s post:
I would like to say in many ways, bmindful is a wonderful social network. It doesn’t find specific people, it networks to a specific type of person..good spirited, caring individuals who simply want to use all they are to be the best they can be for themselves, and the people that come into their lives.

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content