login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★For Health Enthusiasts -List favorite healthy sites

I’ll start:
healthy product & healthy info site
nutrition.gov
printable logs

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m a fairly slim build (ie, skinny as anything lol) and years ago I decided that I would like to bulk up a little bit.

During that time John Stone had just started on his journey and was at the time posting regular updates of his progress. From memory these were daily updates.

His posts detailed what he was eating, what kind of exercises he was doing, the particular muscles he was targeting and even regular progress shots. He became my inspiration and I got an incredible amount out of his web site.

Here’s some of his progress shots from 2003:

That was his progress over just nine months. I saw these updates come in as they happened so can confirm that this is absolutely true, no tricks here.

I stopped building up years ago and instead keep fit by riding, walking and rock climbing. I plan on getting back into swimming this year too.

John kept at it and this is how he looked late last year (2007) after a cutting cycle.

He’s bulking again now, so whilst he’s progressed since late 2007, the difference isn’t as obvious in his most recent photos.

He’s also been busy working on his web site and has added forums, audio and video and even official John Stone merchandise! He’s obviously inspired a few more people since I stopped in 2004 or whenever it was.

So if you’re into this kind of thing, visit John Stone Fitness

Probably not the kind of thing you were expecting, but I can’t think of one particular health related web site other than this one.

I find that when I am researching particular herbs / plants / additives / products I end up at wikipedia or other random web sites, but I’ve probably never gotten so much out of a single health related web site.

He really was an incredible inspiration to me and my gym buddy. My gym buddy went on building himself up for a little longer than I did and did really well. He let it slide though but has just recently started hitting up the gym again! Good on him.

I’ll stick to rock climbing though. As good as a ripped John Stone like body is to look at, it’s no longer what I am going for.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Also, more recent favorites include 8a.nu and RockClimbing.com – both sites that I should visit more than I do.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Lee, I viewed John Stone’s site. While I didn’t like his food choices—I must say he did a phenomenal job ino getting into shape!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have heard so much about the 7th day adventist way of eating, then I finally decided to look into it. It really gives great sensible information.

7th day

Better and better,
Mary

I found a great, great site for you guys.
Bodybuilding.com

And here is a great PAGE on the site, I’m just posting this ‘cause it took me several clicks to find this little treasure of a page. Here a direct link to a page that really looks worthwhile.

It gives you the muscle groups, and lists of exercises for each muscle group. No more walking through the gym with a dazed and confused look wondering what to do. Spend some time looking through the exercises. Find the examples of exercises you would feel “comfortable” doing – and come up with a plan of action. I’m reading a book called “Body for Life” and I am really enjoying it, it’s really helping to motivate me. I hope when you’re ready that you will start an exercise plan.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
I enjoy that site too!!

Here’s a link from that site I like. (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here’s the link that I think you meant to post. The page with the workout logs. I think this is going to be a great, great, great, great, great help. It’s hard to improve if you don’t know where you are, what you did on your last workout and so on. I definitely plan on taking advantage of this great “free printable”.

Workout Log

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content