login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Food As Medicine [alkaline important?)

tags: alkaline diets,health, health affirmations and research, mind body and spirit
There have been links and possibly threads which assist in helping us add more alkalinity to our diets. I will link when I find them all. This is an area I’m quite interested in, so while updating and reinforcing what I am studying again, I will post here. For those who are new to the topic &/or want to see current info like me-feel free to join in this quest for learning more on this topic(:

• ** * post being constructed=thanks for patience(: [pls excuse repetition …
  • ** * I seem to know when (for me what feels better & when …) its time to add more ‘alkaline foods’ regardless of studies. And there are sources that do not agree with which is acidic and which is alkaline…if the ratio of consuming acid/alkaline is even valuable.

I finally want to be up on current data just for me(: Again join me if it interests you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ~

excerpt from thetruthabouthealth.com:
When it comes to food, the simplest way to break it down is like this..A natural organic body requires natural organic things.
This isn’t a strict rule, but it’s generally a good guideline to follow.
The body is literally made of what goes into it.
Man and his environment evolved together, which means they are perfectly tailor-made for each other.
Artificial, foreign, inorganic contaminants and toxins put our cells/body into protection mode.
Cells are either in protection mode or growth mode, and they can’t do both at the same time.
When growth mode ceases, healing and regenerating ceases.
When healing and regenerating ceases, slow death (disease) is happening.

It’s largely about eating less food that was manufactured in a plant, and more of what was grown in nature.
Many people have desensitized or “infantalized” their tastebuds with sugary and salty foods, but…
If the body dislikes certain foods, the tastebuds will grow to like something after trying it on several occasions.
This is where the term “aquired taste” comes from. Much of it is mind over matter anyway
If we eat “junk”, we will feel like junk. Hence the term “You are what you eat”, but only if you identify the body as “me”.
Toxic materials like artificial sweeteners, trans fats, pesticides, lifeless foods, etc. do not belong in an organic body.
It’s up to the individual to choose to stop ingesting harmful, genetically modified, synthetic, processed, chemical “foods”.

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

thanks for patience….will get back to this post later(:

• ~

• ** * video You Thought You Understood Acid/Alkaline Diet… Until You Saw This!
    Is alkalizing your body through diet as great as we hear? What about an acidic diet? How does the body respond to that? Dr. Peter Glidden discusses the pH balance and how the body regulates it. He also discusses the theory that cancer can’t grow in an alkaline environment. You might be surprised what you hear!
  • ** * interesting list
    If you’re trying to go alkaline, you’ll need to know which foods help your body get to and stay in an alkaline state. The general idea is to eat foods without worrying about an acidic effect, although some are more alkaline than others. It’s not necessary to eat only alkaline foods in order to get the body’s pH levels to be alkaline, and a certain percentage of foods can and should be acidic, but you should try to choose natural whole foods, like fruits, vegetables and natural grains…
    to read more
  • ** * One point of view:
    What Should My pH Levels Be?

This is an important foundation of the alkaline diet, and the ideas behind it. The pH value is a measure of how acidic or alkaline something is, and ranges from 0 to 14. Anything ranging from 0 to 7 is considered acidic, 7 is neutral, and 7 to 14 is alkaline, or basic. However, the pH value in people’s bodies varies greatly throughout. Some parts are alkaline and other parts are acidic. The stomach, for example, has hydrochloric acid in it, making it highly acidic, but this is an important digestive necessity in order to break down food. Blood, however, is always slightly alkaline, and it is extremely serious and sometimes fatal if it becomes acidic. Food cannot change your blood pH though, so what you eat has nothing to do with blood becoming acidic. It is only ever caused by a serious disease affecting its level.

Alkaline
Fruits & Berries a partial list coming soon

Nuts a partial list coming soon
almonds

ALKALINE

reviewing charts…. will be editing
chart1

food chart

reviewing videos…. will be editing

• ** * alkaline-acid-food-chart
  • ** * “People’s needs vary, but for most, the ideal diet is 75 percent alkalizing and 25 percent acidifying foods by volume”

Alkaline
Fruits & Berries a partial list coming soon

Nuts a partial list coming soon
almonds

ALKALINE DAIRY
Acidophilus milk
Buttermilk
Milk (raw only — human, cow, or goat)
Whey
Yogurt

reviewing charts…. will be editing
chart

threads which complement or are similar coming soon

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content