login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★- -Wonderful Affirming! (A Happiness mtg)

created 3/2/16 for Happiness Meeting /meeting with a start date that never closes

Wonderful Affirming!

• ~
    Focus: Connecting Values to Affirmations

• ~This morning I responded to to a thread by sofija about affirmation effectiveness and this is part of my response:

Quite a few years back, I wrote 15 or 20 affirmations and had them recorded, in my own voice with as much emphasis as I could muster at the time. I wanted to make them sound as good as fresh baked sliced bread. I then sent them off to be put on a CD. They looped the the affirmations and I would listen to them every night for several years. This was way before I found Bmindful. Gradually, my life changed for the better. I programmed my mind to accept and believe what I was saying. Then I found Bmindful several years later. I started by reading other people’s posts about various topics and I was interested in joining the discussions. I posted a few things, but mostly read others comments. I listed a few of my favorite affirmations and went from there. I didn’t think too much about my affirmations, they were from me, about me, and I felt okay about sharing them. but that was pretty much it. I met, through the forum threads, several members that I felt were very positive affirming members whom I totally trusted. Then the forum changed slowly at first and then more apart from my values. Finally, I stopped visiting altogether. Several months ago, I was looking for my original list of affirmations, and couldn’t remember the exact name of this site. I finally found my memory and was pleased to see it had changed to the positive, trusting group I had once knew. I started reading through my original list of affirmations and added some more I’ve liked from others here on the forum. I believe the trick to affirmations is to truly believe in them and accept, and expect them be absolute truth for you. They are not just nice sounding words or positive thoughts, but really part of who you are. You act them out in daily life. They are so much a part of you, you can’t separate them from you. Hope this helps—-Poppy

“You create your own universe as you go along”
— Winston Churchill

Questions to think about:

1. As you think about your affirmations are the majority of them related to an intrinsic or extrinsic value?
  1. How much thought have you given to defining your values? How has this focus assisted your creation of wonderful affirmations?
  1. List in rank order with 1 being your most important value, your top personal values.
  1. If you haven’t given your values much thought… think about what creates the best part of you and your life. What are you deeply passionate about that sets your heart in motion? What makes your life ‘click’ ?
  1. What works for you when you are creating affirmations? Do you do anything unique to some you know with the creation of them? How have these unique things benefited you?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

My top personal values

Love
Respect
Honesty
Spirituality
Family
Peace
Recognition
Justice
Creativity
Humor

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

• ~
    Value Sort
  • ~
    In response to Poppy’s post:
    Wonderful list Poppy! I actually had difficulty keeping it to a list..It wasn’t until I answered the questions…could I come with a variety of values that I could feel from my heart…. I’m loving this thread-mtg.! I Thanks for all you do to encourage and assure these meetings happen weekly!
  • ~
Focus: Connecting Values to Affirmations Thoughts About This Weeks Questions
  • ** * #4 If you haven’t given your values much thought… think about what creates the best part of you and your life. What are you deeply passionate about that sets your heart in motion? What makes your life ‘click’ ?

I wasn’t very clear about my values during this Happiness thread meeting…. I attempted to be with
a post further down the page with a link which had in its title soulful selfcare:

I found out through recurring important lessons in my life…that by taking responsibility for my life… I can love myself and others so much better. I found out I become free & it sets others free.
So I’d have to say…as part of love being one of my highest values….
Self-care is my top value. I have so many examples of this being true for me…that I just know that I know its #1 for me. And like Poppy and The Professor and Smart Routines thread link indicate… values overlap… So once again when I allow myself to receive what I need and love in the most vital areas of my life…all else comes together more for me….so I can be:’
1. Compassionate to myself & others
2. Have Self Honesty and Value that from others
3. Be communicative and be comfortable in my own skin
4. Have life be intrinsically rewarding so external things are the icing on the cake…and I can expect good things…because I care for life…mine others and the belief that good is coming…optimism.
I am a team player…in life. I love marriage… (team) I love assisting those who are serviced where I work & co-workers (team), I love real friends (team) Though a team cannot be a team if I don’t show up and take care of me as an ongoing growing-self. I learned these things when I needed to be more of this… And it has given me rewards beyond belief.

• ~
  • ** * #1. As you think about your affirmations are the majority of them related to an intrinsic or extrinsic value? I would say intrinsic…though they’ve led to external values.
  • ~
  • ** * #2. How much thought have you given to defining your values? How has this focus assisted your creation of wonderful affirmations? I would like to focus on my values again to write a new mission statement for this time in my life.

• What works for you when you are creating affirmations? Do you do anything unique to some you know with the creation of them? How have these unique things benefited you? Like Poppy, I too responded to the affirmation question on another thread the other day… My post responds to this question. Here’s a link (:
    Here is a video that a member Success N Freedom made for me based on things that I value.
    selfcare enthusiast mind movie affirmations

• ~

quote I think of affirmations and visualizations as tapping into the power of the imagination, which is a generator and transformer, a force that precedes and shapes who we become, and what we create and achieve. Whenever we attempt something new or difficult, we have to be able to imagine it before it becomes possible. It’s the combination of inspiration and perspiration that brings about tangible results. Jean Shinoda Bolen

• ~

A f f i r m a t i o n s

I joyfully live a healthy life with focus, clarity, direction, and purpose. • All areas of my life are in balance with my core values. • My peaceful mind results in wellness and happiness in all areas of my life. • Through a feeling of gratitude, I place myself in alignment with all the riches of the Universe

I am faithful to my values in all that I do.
I fill my mind with positive thoughts and desirable ideals
I treat others as I would like to be treated.
My words and actions are increasingly harmonious.

• ~
    I too of course list love as a top value.
    link affirmations

link spiritual pearls
    Love is not merely a word but an actual healing power, a concrete, tangible force with an identity and life all its own. We can cultivate love through the practice of a variety of spiritual methods. We know how to make it grow. And as it grows, our healing power grows.
    Love and its associated spiritual qualities are the healers. They broker and buffer the pain of life. Such healing powers as compassion, understanding, forgiveness, and humility will contain, reduce, or eliminate any barrier we encounter.
    Expansion of love and her consort qualities is part of the solution to all of our problems. The cultivation of love, the goal and the reward of the spiritual path, is the true revolution.

Another value of mine is Inner Ease and Delight in Life and all that has been so wonderfully created(:

• ~
    ‘ll list some of my values… and will organize them soon…
    I like this explaining differences between strengths and values:
    It’s the difference between having a marriage which is based on feelings of love, or based on a choice to love someone.
  • ~
    Strengths can be useful to help people evaluate what course of action to take. But it is only values which enable us to freely choose that direction, work out what we want to stand for, and avoid getting stuck.

resource

• ~

I Am living a Divine plan

• ~
    Wow, I am growing in leaps and bounds
  • ~
    There was once an article I found entitled What Is A Self Care Enthusiast? I found it after I had given myself the alias Selfcare Enthusiast on Bmindful at one time.
  • ~

When I read the definition below …it reminded me of several areas I identify as my own personal values.
Soulful self-care is the way in which you care for and nourish the essence of who you are – past what you do, beyond all the roles that define you, it is how you turn inward to know, grow and care for yourself. read article in full

• ~

• ~

I now choose thoughts that nourish and support me in a loving and positive way

Today I experience happiness as a succession & culmination of a lot of little wonderful things, and I am present for all of them

I am grateful for all the wonderful things I already have in my life and those that are yet to come

• ~

From Other Positive Self Talk Sites
    200 affirmations Russell Small
    LIFE IS GOOD

• ** I AM ENJOYING THIS MOMENTNOW
  • ** I ENJOY BEING ALIVE
  • ** I AM ALIVE
  • ** I FEEL ALIVE
  • ** I PRACTICE UNCONDITIONAL LOVEFOR MYSELF FIRST
  • ** I RELEASE NON-BENEFICIAL THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS
  • ** I LOOK VERY WELL AFTER MYSELF
  • ** I APPRECIATE MY LIFE BY ENJOYING IT
  • ** I MAKE ROOM FOR FUN AND PLAYFULNESS
  • ** I CAN LEARN AND HAVE FUN AT THE SAME TIME
  • ** I AM GOOD AT ASKING FOR WHAT I WOULD LIKE
  • ** WHAT I REALLY NEED IS ALWAYS PROVIDED FOR
  • ** I CAN RECEIVE WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR
  • ** I CAN ALWAYS CHANGE MY BELIEFS IF THEY DON’T SERVE ME WELL

JOY
I create only the most positive and supportive of experiences.
I am always connected to the harmony of the Universe.
I see the beauty in my surroundings and I radiate joy and love

• ~
    would like to share some wonderful uniqueness in regard to affirmations affirmations from other members…

The gentle heart of self love beats within me, because I allow it to. And the circulation of energy to all cells brings strength and confidence into the personal and the group energy field.

• ~
    these are 3 of my favorite affirmations…

My deep emotions, intelligence, sensations, relationships, and spirituality are beautiful and just right in a space that supports me as I am.

I have moments of brilliance and moments of mediocrity. I remain calm internally regardless. Because my value is intrinsic, external events have no affect/effect on my peace.

Through listening to and following my deepest messages of truth — in my body, emotions, intelligence, relationships, and spirituality — I thrive

source for 3 affirmations above no longer available…

thoughts & affirmations in this post pertain to a value of mine shared in my responses to questionsin third post

In response to Peace,Focus&Smiles’s post:

Your affirmations are wonderful. Your last three favorites resonate very strongly with me. Your enthusiasm and ability to write or find just the perfect affirmations for our meetings is uncanny.

Wow Poppy thank you ! While I didn’t write those particular affirmations,as mentioned they are 3 of my favorites too!! Glad you enjoyed! I’m not sure that particular site exists anymore…Though the person who wrote them has another site, I’ll locate & link.

I know Bmindful is a bit of a mutual admiration society… Though I want to tell you how much I appreciate you collaborating with me. It has assisted myself and others greatly!! at least others who’ve shared with me…and my belief about the threads being available for future use…for anyone… sets a belief about future possibilities… The topic of values/affirmations is a worthy one… I’ll link to some other related threads later(:

I am so happy Bmindful is back with all its smiles(:

at the top of the value list i would have to combine a few like honesty
peace,accountibility,love and compassion together to form integrity.
so my first 3 values are,
Integrity
Respect of self and others.
Understanding of self and others.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Right below the picture of Affirmations- The Art of Self-Actualization is a link entitled affirmations and then another link titled Spiritual Pearls. I encourage everyone to explore these two links. To me, they are the essence of our topic this week. Thank you Peace, Focus&Smiles.

In response to professor what’s his name’s post:

I appreciate the way you combined a few powerful values into integrity. Only a true wise Professor like yourself would have thought to do that. There are so many excellent values people can adopt as part of themselves. It is hard to list list just a few and even harder to say one out ranks another. It is a combination of positive attributes that make us whole, loving beings.

Value of a Kind Heart

Lazily I close my eyes
To read my book of life.
Printed words etched on my heart
Tell a gleeful tale.

Swiftly moving currents
Smooth my rough edges
As life tumbles into play.
Feeling a soft heart
Has led me to a peaceful place
Even among the cruelties of life.

Joyful hearts smile
In their natural state,
So gaze inside when
It’s easier to fret and worry.

Easy laughter is much desired
Choosing love and kindness
Puts on a pleasant face.

Poppy liking your poem very much…

• ~
    Lazily I close my eyes
    To read my book of life.
    Printed words etched on my heart
    Tell a gleeful tale.

Swiftly moving currents
Smooth my rough edges
As life tumbles into play.
Feeling a soft heart
Has led me to a peaceful place
Even among the cruelties of life ….

It reminded me of a quote by Jill Bolte Taylor

• ** To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.

and the quote you contributed in the intro

• ** You create your own universe as you go along Winston Churchill

It’s amazing how we can create our lives…our momentum…our perception… to allow more and more of what we say we want(:

Anyway speaking of creativity, originality and wisdom…really liking your thoughts on your values of integrity too(: Thanks for sharing here with them(: Truly well put together(: And really enjoyed Poppy’s comment: It is hard to list just a few and even harder to say one out ranks another. It is a combination of positive attributes that make us whole, loving beings.
And you Professor brought a great example of how this is true(: {not giving an Oscar…just heartfelt-appreciation) (:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smart Routines With Enthusiasm said this on his values thread: Here’s a pic I made for my vision board. I also made one for my Personal Growth Binder. It’s the cover. If I had a color printer I’d make it really cool.

Here’s a really great thread of his research on Values and helping us get in touch with ours

I should be in bet, but, instead I’ve been piddling around on youtube. Anyway, thought I’d share this video ‘cause it deals with happiness.

The Truth of Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I appreciate the kind comments,and all the effort, energy, and creativity you
both contribute to the site.
I plan to think of and add a few more values to my list.

2 useful words are
listening and
understanding.

In response to professor what’s his name’s post:
I’m liking the listening and understanding… When I think of moments I’ve taken the time to listen to myself…. and others from a heart place… it has been huge. It is an allowing…observing…. space to care. Thank you uh…professor what’s your name(:

and thank you for kind comments on earlier post. & thanks for all of your contributions.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content