login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Glass Full Glass 1/2 Empty Consciousness

old discussion thread -untouched!

feel free to jump in!

• ~

My mornings, getting ready for my day were once more stressful, no matter how I planned the day before.

Stress for me: The expectations I had for myself and things I couldn’t control were circulating subconsciously. I didn’t think any of this was “negative”. If it wastes my time working harder than I have to for a wonderful outcome, than for me, it was negative.

Before I continue on, I must clarify, negative to me is not having a bad feeling, or a thought that is complex, or not having what I want when i want it.

It’s trying to have or be something other than what is truly relevant and possible with my big picture-focus (or out of range picture that my inner spirit is versed on).

How do I know I was needlessly stressed? Easy, the absence of the stress with the knowledge of my doing some very specific other things.

Some of what I’d like to share would fit in nicely w/ MCM’s hypnosis thread, but I call a lot of the exercises I do -> blue mirror.

Though there are many ways to view hypnosis and suggestion.
-> Anytime you give yourself a suggestion, it is a form of a hypnosis, so you can say you operate hypnotized most of the time.

Though to be more conscious of your suggestions, and to have more profound positive effects, you need to be very aware of the things you tell yourself and your motives behind things. As you grow as a person, mentally, physically, spiritually-> you will want healthier things for yourself, because you will be more conscious of what life means to you, and what’s there and what’s lacking->and what you can truly change.

The more you are aware of what you can change, you will spend more time in that zone changing things, rather than letting your mind lead you in circles, of all that has yet to have the goal-ends you say you want/need so badly.

You are so much more powerful than you can comprehend. Though patience is needed to see details. “Everyone” wants to read a quick book with all of the answers. They want “the secret”(:

My feeling is-> there are lots of answers. Though, to keep it simple, see what really resonates with your spirit and that will lead the way. It will lead the way, until you progress to the next place you are to be, for the next lesson.

Some get to this place by much prayer, meditation, exercise, eating well, writing, reading a variety of things. My feeling is they are all good avenues, just keep it balanced and very healthy. You will know, and it will all get better and better.

I would like this thread to grow a lot. Can you help me do that?
Right now I have to go get ready for my day, so I need to wind down on this thread. I will return, because not only do I want to hear from you very soon, I also want to share more about some things I’ve been experiencing, and see how it resonates with you.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“You are so much more powerful than you comprehend”, is an incredibly true statement. Rarely do we sit and ponder the truth of it. What do you want? (This is one of the most important questions we can ever figure out for ourselves.) And why do you want it? Once we definitely figure out the answers to these questions we see our power. It is amazing. The secrets of success aren’t really all that secret. I have a tendancy to keep searching for that final little secret that will finally make it all come together, but the truth is, I’ve already FOUND the secrets. The secrets lie in book after book that you can check out in the local library for free. The thing is to use the secrets. It’s not the knowledge that gives you power, it USING the knowledge. I have come a long way, I use the information more and more in my life and I see the results, but I still have a long way to go. As we keep working, we get better and better.

One of the things that holds us back more than anything is the fear of failure. Yet, no one can succeed without failing. The person who succeeds fastest is the one to moves from one failure to the next quickest.

That doesn’t mean not to be smart, the smart person takes calculated risks, but the key is to keep taking the calculated risks. It takes a certain amount of maturity to get to the point that we understand this. Some people get to the point earlier than others, it takes a while for most people to figure out that the answers lie within and not without.

Once we figure out that life isn’t easy, life becomes easier. Once we figure out that happiness and success isn’t “out there”, but rather “in here”, we’ve made a giant step. When we start looking inside we begin to find answers. When you start looking inside, the answers and the means to the answers begin to present themselves to you. That “book” that you read twenty years ago about success didn’t reveal the truth to you back then ‘cause you weren’t ready for the truth yet. If you read the same book again today, it would reveal many more “secrets” to you.

A man who has never lost, never failed, never wanted for anything must live a sad life indeed. Problems are gifts, though they might not seem like it. There is treasure to be found by working through our problems. We dont find the wisdom from trying to do end runs around them.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Whoa! I am going to have to wrap my head around this one for a bit!

My initial thoughts are with Lauri. I think you are right at the point where you have figured it out for yourself, to ascend to a higher plane, somewhat Celestine Prophecy-Like. You are able to see things that were always there, but hidden from your awareness.

To quote you, “Though, to keep it simple, see what really resonates with your spirit and that will lead the way. It will lead the way, until you progress to the next place you are to be, for the next lesson.

I think this is the essence of who we are and it helps define our purpose and helps us see how others are part of the whole or sameness of the One, the lifting of humanity to a higher plane.

The Mad Cookie Man also has it as well, “When we start to look inside, we begin to find answers.”

When we start to look inside our self for answers and tune in to our higher spirit, we do begin to resonate at a higher frequency. We start to become all that we were meant to be. It is no easy journey, and there are pitfalls along the way, but we must have pure intentions and discipline to always try to do the greater good for all, thus lifting ourselves and everyone with us.

I really must give this some more time and thought!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Once you’ve decided on a direction, the only thing left to do is get on with it. Engage yourself completely in the task at hand and when you’ve completed that one, move onto the next.

If you are stressing out, worried about failure, daydreaming about success, you’re not getting anywhere. However, getting on with things doesn’t mean blinding moving from task to task, your ability to perform depends on your physical health, getting enough rest and relaxation time, eating well, sleeping well. The same logic applies here though too, when you’re eating, eat. When you’re relaxing, relax.

Easier said than done, of course. But it’s all we can do, everything else is creative procrastination or an incredibly stressful and inefficient way of getting anywhere.

I’ve started to see failure as just some strange concept we’ve totally made up. It isn’t all that useful, it adds expectations, pressure and unnecessary complications to what should be something very simple. If you’re working towards this and you end up doing that, then that’s just fine. The only ‘failure’ is if you beat yourself up about it. Others thinking you’ve failed is their failure, they’ve taken their eyes off the ball in an attempt to distract themselves from a reality they’d rather not face – their own.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
I like what you say about making failure up. I so agree! Who’s to say what you’re goals should be, and how and when they should be reached? And why condemn yourself into a corner saying-“failure-failure”? What good will that ever accomplish? What truth does that have?

Show up and begin envisioning how you’d like it to be, and see how close you come. You may exceed your goals, you may miss the mark. Who says how many tries you get to have? Who says the journey can’t be efforts toward the goal. Whatever results is all yours. Claim it, fix it, enjoy it, celebrate it..it’s yours;do what you want.

Just be good to you and others and do it all with love(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
Totally agree. The western worlds obsession with ‘success’ and it’s therefor unavoidable opposite ‘failure’ take the focus off the ‘getting on with it,’ in other words, the journey.

The self help movement has become so obsessed with goals and the different techniques to help you reach them that it’s inadvertently created, and continues to encourage a whole group of dissatisfied people who spend their entire lives living for a future that might never come. They are only ever satisfied for a few moments after achieving a goal, assuming of course they reach it, and they did it in their desired time frame, and in their desired way, and it’s exactly as if they imagined it.

Even if all of these conditions are met (which btw, is almost never) they’re so afraid of becoming stagnant or ‘losing motivation’ that they’re onto the next objective and a whole lot more dissatisfaction and stress manifests as a result of it.

There needs to be a shift in perspective, the ‘goal’ should be the process. If you’re fully engaged in the process then the goal is the inevitable result anyway, and even if it doesn’t work out that way, who cares?

It’s a case of ‘the grass is always greener’ when people say ‘when I achieve x y and z I’ll be happy’. What people don’t realize is that by the time they’ve achieved that, their goals would have changed and even if they haven’t it won’t be what they expect it to be. I know I’m repeating myself a little here but it’s significant I think.

Your being happy / satisfied / content shouldn’t be dependent on specific conditions, you close yourself off to the infinite number of possibilities that aren’t any better or worse, and are far more likely to manifest anyhow. (which is what my signature is all about, “How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller)

There’s another appropriate quote, and I forget who said it, but it’s something like ‘the way is not difficult if you just don’t pick and choose’. This isn’t about giving up, it’s about not resisting and fighting every moment just because it isn’t exactly the way you’d like it to be. Once again, admittedly this is much easier said than done.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Yes, people do get caught up in getting to a particular place.
——
…now I can understand joy, enthusiasm, directed-motivation toward a need, or a creative outlet. What gets me is the desire to do because it’s supposed to be done (society or some figure that is prominent in your psyche)
——-

I don’t totally disagree w/preparing for something that may not ever happen. Sometimes preparation is simply the journey..a backdrop for possibilities. It can be cool, as long as it is known (to yourself) why its meaningful to want this and go for this direction.

As for myself, I love taking care of my needs and conjuring the motivation to keep me high-spirited. It’s a feel good thing. It’s not a make-me or break me thing.

And to clarify -the feel good thing :
I have a picture in my mind of what it means to take care of myself, and it’s logical to me. It feels right to my spirit. It feels necessary to
not have an over abundance of struggle in relation to basic needs met, life experienced, and joy…lots of joy.

Though if at first I don’t succeed the effort to try again..can become more pleasing of a venture because:

w/expectations lessened or not rigidly defined, “the quest or the journey”, of *the infamous pain-free life, can be achieved in each moment*. Expecting abundance is already seeing yourself as rich, though not defining it in ‘only’ the treasures that can be purchased.

…sleepy, but I think you get my point..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to all posts:

So true! Overly high expectations, alongside the innate fear of failure is a recipe for disaster. Add a little stress and pressure to the equation, because of the high expectations and you are sending out a sense of less than to the universe, which inevitably creates that exact result.

Glass half full, to me, must be a place of utmost gratitude for the here and now, coupled with acceptance of the present situation and belief in abundance that its existing all around you, waiting in the wings, doing push ups, ready to just do it, get it, acheive it! (or whatever the goal maybe.)

Success for me is not about things, its about believing in the power of your subconscious and communicating the right messages to it.

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Success for me is not about things, its about believing in the power of your subconscious and communicating the right messages to it” couldn’t have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Everyone is writing such wonderful posts!

MCM, I just reread your post aloud, and want to tell you very well said. MCM, you have a talent for describing where you are, to where you want to be, appreciating the process and putting it out there and relating it to a “universal process”.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Poppy’s post:
Looking forward to your return to this. I love your direction.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

So true Lee, about much of what we need to do re:focus is easier said than done. Though, I guess that’s part of the process/journey. There is reward in focusing and discipline. There is also reward in finding the balance. The detours we take can often give our life meaning, or become that life hindsight lesson we needed so much. The ticket, I imagine is aim for more focus and less detour(: Ya think? (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie———

I agree with what you’re saying. I see a picture of how I would like things to be but something always seems to get in the way preventing me from reaching my goal. I feel like its wishful thinking on my part & it’s not going anywhere. I’m just “going around in circles”.

Have not thought of hypnosis as a form of suggestion……..

So…… madcookieman…..How can I learn how to use this knowledge when all I seem to do is fail with everything I try? I can’t seem to climb out of the hole (or box) I’m in.

Lee———

So, I haven’t truly failed? What others think is not my problem? I come off all negative and angry to people when I say stuff like that. I should just keep it to myself?

Laurie———

OK if I create some affirmations from what you’re saying?

I have the utmost gratitude for the here and now.

I accept my present situation knowing that good is going to come from it.

I believe in the abundance that exists all around me and I share in that abundance.

I believe in the power of my subconscious and I am communicating the right message to it experiencing the end result.

I am rewarded with my focus and discipline.

In response to Lady_D’s post:

Your words to me if:
I have the utmost gratitude for the here and now.

I accept my present situation knowing that good is going to come from it.

I believe in the abundance that exists all around me and I share in that abundance.

I believe in the power of my subconscious and I am communicating the right message to it experiencing the end result.

I am rewarded with my focus and discipline.

My answer: I believe it is beyond a little helpful(: It has been to me.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I take it then I can add them to my list? There’s things i’ve been reading here that I could probably turn into affirmations….if it’s ok with everybody.

Lady D – take as much as you can from this site to add to your personal plan of action….there is plenty to go around for all here on this magnificently abundant site!!

Slowly you will see more and more positivity manifesting in your life.
Try to focus on the positive words of where you want to be and what you want to achieve and feel and before you know it, you have manifested it. Negative thoughts have a powerful impact in creating those situations in your life. Avoid words such as ‘failed’, but turn each and every belief around. If you cant believe it to begin with start with GRATITUDE and ACCEPTANCE…..Its amazing how being happy with the here and now sends messages out to the universe and attracts more of it…..similarly if you focus on the ‘not so good stuff’ you are attracting more of it, because you are accepting it as true (e.g I am a failure…brings more of the same effects….you see?)

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Anoushka

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
You are so great at lending a hand to the newcomers of bmindful. :O)

We are as powerful as we feel and believe we are. As much as we raise our confidence, feeleings and attitude, our power also expands. Things are always just as they are and as they exist in this moment. We spend all of our life only in this current moment. The past exists as memeory and the future as an object of imagination. Therefore the power is enormous in all of us. NOW stand up and do what you want to do, start becoming what you want to become, share positive with others. NOW be, create, do, act, live out as it is better to have the past full of I did, I made, I created, I learned, than to say I could have if only I…
This is my personal moto that I keep repeating to myself.

In response to Bendyamind’s post:
Wonderful explanation of the here and now – really puts it into perspective.
Thanks.

Re to anoushka_f
Glad that this helps. It sure helps me a lot.

“How can I learn how to use this knowledge when all I seem to do is fail with everything I try? I can’t seem to climb out of the hole (or box) I’m in.”

In my not too distant past I had what they called “severe clinical depression”. That’s a pretty bad place to be, yet I found the way out. Sometimes our ideas of right and wrong – our ideas of fairness – run into the brick wall “Reality”. When enough bad things happen to us it can really shake our foundation. We can “think” ourselves into a very distorted world view. We can convince ourselves that nothing is ever going to get better, what’s the point of living if it all sucks and it is always going to suck. We can convince ourselves that we have no value and even that the world and the ones we love would be better off if we were dead. This is distorted thinking and it can become a habit – it can become an endless loop that plays over and over in your head. We can try to convince ourselves that “this is just how it is”, “everyone suffers like this”, “I’m just feeling sorry for myself”. While those tapes are playing over and over there is another voice deep down saying, “Hey, can you hear me, I’m still here, it’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be”. When we start paying attention to that voice, whether we are suffering from severe depression or are just looking at our situation with a negative attitude, we can start climbing out of the box. You are starting to listen to that little voice or your wouldn’t have gotten on the internet and found this site, you wouldn’t have reached out for answers. You are “waking up”! Dive in, the water is fine, as a matter of fact it’s fantastic. You are going to find a lot of great stuff and a lot of wonderful people on this site. In time your statement that “all I seem to do is fail with everything I try”, with be replaced with stuff like “I am so grateful for _____” and “Let me tell you guys about the great thing I just did”.

Some of the earlier posts already mentioned a lot of useful ideas regarding failure. What is failure, really, but our own mental interpretation. Are you a failure, really? According to whom? (I always get confused on when to use who or whom!) According to some outside source? How about according to some INSIDE source, namely our ego? What is failure other than a learning process? Was Thomas Edison a failure? Was Abraham Lincoln a failure? These are examples of people who kept trying over and over, they kept learning. Maybe we’re getting into semantics a bit, but instead of viewing so many things we try as failures we can remember to view them as things that we are learning from.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

in response to themadcookieman’s post

Got issues, I know…..but thats why I’m here. For help & guidance, advice & encoragement from those that have been there, done that, still working on a few things. We’re all in this together. And I am looking forward to seeing & experienceing a lot of good changes in my life.

You know, I have learned through life not to beat myself up about things I considered “failures” throughout my life. For me, they were either messages I needed to hear, lessons I must learn to grow, or nice presents from the universe from which even better things came from.

For example, a “failed” relationship led me to my current husband of twelve years and three beautiful children from him. Even though my first marriage “failed”, I still have two wonderful children from him as well…and a gorgeous grand daughter!! :) A “failed” career (my division was shut down and I was laid off) took me down the path of business ownership and ultimate career happiness. Extreme debt taught me to live within my means and stop that unrealistic lifestyle. Life is so much better with no debt and living on a cash basis. The stress dissipated!!

Life throws many experiences my way. They are neither good nor bad unless I judge them to be. The trick here is to keep the attitude of gratitude in full swing. Even crappy things have beauty to them if you look at it in a different light.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

That’s where I am right now…extreme debt. Going thru a bankrupcy right now. It’s stressfull for me ‘cause I’m always broke. When my husband was alive there were two incomes coming in. Now it’s just me and I’m barely making it from paycheck to paycheck. It’s an unique learing experience. I’ve cut back on so many things…… I can’t even begin to tell ya. I’m sure you know a bit of what I’m talking about.

I’ll have to keep it mind about the crappy things. Thanks for telling me to look at them differently.

Part of being mindful, I believe, is being aware of how we speak. Semantics are so important toward change.

I’d like to make a suggestion-> to not to say you have issues.
Reframe your belief about yourself to not be about problems, but about opportunities, and challenges.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks Laurie…..I’ll keep your advice in mind.

First of all Lady, Bankruptcy is not a bad thing – unless your mind tells you it is so. That being said, I wouldn’t share your story with people who your intuition tells you will give you bad feedback. (You know, those who stand “superior” over you and tell you everything you did wrong and how bad things are…)

Here is my take on your situation. You have been given a fresh start. Grab it and run in the direction you KNOW is the right one. What is right for you may not be right for me or the next guy…but it doesn’t matter. You are living your life, not anyone else!!

While you are stressing over all the filings and court appearances – or whatever the tough things are… FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!! Fear is what brings debt. Fear only exists in your mind.

Here is the trick… the Universe (God, Supreme Being, whoever your Higher Power is) … brought you to bankruptcy so that you could close that chapter of your life and move on to bigger and better things. Now, is the time to focus and get VERY CLEAR on what those bigger and better things are. They cannot come to you if you don’t know what to ask for.

START DREAMING!!! The universe brings big ticket items as easy as the small ones… So, go for what you REALLY want… the Universe will figure out the “how’s”…. So, sit back, relax, and ENJOY YOUR NEW RIDE!!

Big Hugs!!! MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Lovely post, MM. (:

So many are afraid to dream. Who is to say which is more true your worst nightmare or your greatest dream? Go for your dreams, and start taking emotional and physical action for the best of the best.

Worst case scenario, you may not get the best you dreamed for, though you’ll get a lot better if all you did was think and feel worst case options.

Dream big! Act accordingly with your highest good.

Do a little fantasy. Picture yourself with all of your dreams happening better than you could’ve planned yourself. Perfecto….not a hitch.
Now plan backwards, what kinds of things would you need to get there.

Do you need to learn more? No money yet to acquire a book or a class?
Oh my goodness Google your brains out- LOL. Everything you ever wanted and more is at your computer screen.

If you don’t know how to organize yourself, research it, or ask MM, and I’m sure she’ll have great tips. Ask her about binders one day. She’s amazing!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hehehe… Laurie, do you know what my sisters call my Binders? OCD! :) (my obsessive, compulsive disorder)

“It’s trying to have or be something other than what is truly relevant and possible with my big picture-focus (or out of range picture that my inner spirit is versed on)”

I think it is your inner spirit that you are well versed on and I think

“Anytime you give yourself a suggestion, it is a form of a hypnosis, so you can say you operate hypnotized most of the time…” is just the opposite. You have to be aware of the suggestion and thus you have brought it into consciousness and not part of your out of range picture or inner spirit. I think you are in better tune with it, if you are aware of it.

“Though to be more conscious of your suggestions, and to have more profound positive effects, you need to be very aware of the things you tell yourself and your motives behind things.” This is where and why I think you are 100% correct in your evaluation of how things are and I don’t think most people reflect on things enough to come to that realization…I would say they are unconscious.

“You are so much more powerful than you can comprehend.” I am with you 100%.

“My feeling is-> there are lots of answers. Though, to keep it simple, see what really resonates with your spirit and that will lead the way. It will lead the way, until you progress to the next place you are to be, for the next lesson.” Yes! Yes! Yes! This is the solution to the world’s problems. It is cultural diversity at it’s best. It is respecting others, and treating them with dignity and respect. It is called many things including the Golden Rule. It is the higher self that all of us have. Unfortunately, I also believe we have the free will to choose to be and act less than honorable as well.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

This thread is from 2009-totally unchanged... would love to add a new post in 2018 ... so I will(:

I like this quote!

Image result for today I see my glass is refillable quote pic

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Image result for affirmative prayer for tomorrow at work pic quote

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content