login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

fixed

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

One thing that helps a person, I believe, is learning – really learning – that a large part of our life has to do with suffering. Life is hard. It really is. Accepting that absolute reality immediately mitigates suffering to some degree. Most people in the world are lost in thought and much of that thought has to do with grasping for something – usually some material thing we believe is going to give us some good feeling or help us avoid some bad feeling – to make our lives better. We are continually striving for some peak experience. We often find that peak experiences aren’t nearly as peak as we thought they would be once we reach them, and we always find that they are just that – a peak – a fleeting moment – and when we cross that peak we were right back where we started from – in search of the next peak. To become better “masters” of our lives, to the degree we can do that – we, I believe, are better off when we can learn to balance learning and doing. I think it raises our level of “being”. I am not sure of the right word to express what I mean for what I’m about to say, so, I’m going to settle for a phrase. How about “enlightenment through education”. We can educate ourselves more. There is a lasting value you gain from learning worthwhile stuff that stays with you in a way that material things don’t. If you read a classic book, study philosophy, learn a new language, your life experience is going to be at a better and higher level than that of the average person. One last thing I want to restate here is that suffering is an essential part of what it is to be a human being. Without suffering and difficulty we human beings would go mad from boredom. If we were magical beings and could create anything we wanted with the wave of our hand, eventually, we would all choose to create some sort of suffering or obstacle for ourselves. We would have no choice.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Sometimes,it’s been my experience before mastering your life,you kind
of have to salvage your life.
For instance a baby master’s walking,usually after it master’s crawling.
Salvage in the dictionary is describe as recover or save something from a shipwreck,or a fire etc.Some married couples decide to “salvage“a marriage
rather than separate is another example.
I could have used “reevaluate” or “take inventory“instead of salvage also.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

I know of a talk that relates to this thread,where the guy talks about
a villager with horses and points out how somethings can be perceived as a
negative but later perceived as a positive.
Will post the talk in a minute.

Bob E

In response to Robert’s post:

as your thinking, beliefs and feelings improve, so must your choices and actions, because these also follow inextricably from what you think, believe and feel. It is something we’ve come to know & even agree with. … though the focusing on this… is pretty wonderful as an intention. great reinforcement for the day. Thanks Robert(:

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
You make wonderful points SRWE… I particularly like your bringing in acceptance. Some associate the idea with needing to like something-to accept it… And as you’ve focused on…nope… And then from there we can know we are … not the circumstance… and we no longer need to let it in to the better place … our self…knows as spirit. And then life (often) becomes more and more enjoyable. I like what you wrote. Thanks for sharing.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content