login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★--Hope&Optimism (Happiness)

• __________
  • ★Our theme this week, “Hope and Optimism“★
  • Thread Always Open (edit & return as often as you like-whenever you choose)
    ★first created Dec.27, 2015
  • __________
    On Christmas Eve I accidentally hit my head with a sledge hammer and ended up in minor emergency. I came very close to permanently injuring my left eye and I did suffer a concussion. I am perfectly fine now, but I did scare myself. Of course I am feeling so very grateful to be alive and not permanently injured. Every day truly is a new beginning. I have been thinking about hope. How in tough times we always have hope to help us through. And no matter how hopeless things seem, there is always hope. I’m thinking about hope with a giant side order of optimism. We have the choice to set our minds with joyful intentions that our lives are on course and getting better and better each day in spite of minor setbacks. ( like being hit on the head with a sledge hammer) setbacks are merely stepping stones for great self improvement. They wake us up to shift into high gear and travel up our highway of happiness-to take care of ourselves and others along the way.

Possible questions to think about:
1. Is optimism a learned trait?
2. Is being hopeful the same as having a positive mindset?
3. What do you do to stay hopeful and optimistic when things don’t go the way you want?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

First , let me say as I’m sure all will chime in …in our hearts to yours, Poppy… we are glad you are fine!!! Grateful and appreciative for you Poppy(:

I Am living a Divine plan

• ~

will enjoy returning this week to focus on these questions

Possible questions to think about:
1. Is optimism a learned trait?
While some research does say there may be a bit to our genes in regard to optimism, it also says its not the end all of this conclusion. I will be back with my thoughts and personal experience to this question:Is optimism a learned trait? (:

• ~

• ~
    2. Is being hopeful the same as having a positive mindset?
    will be back with thoughts here… Though I will begin by saying it is part(: responded here
  • ~
    3. What do you do to stay hopeful and optimistic when things don’t go the way you want? It is part of my everyday experience. Loving this question…and looking forward to responding this week(:
  • ~

In response to Poppy’s post: Poppy,

I’m so glad that you’re ok – thats the main think.

Hope that you get lots of rest, take it easy; if you can, don’t know if you can, but it would be ideal to take a few days off, prioritize your health.

I think hope is a powerful and occasionally, under some conditions, hope can be a dangerous thing to believe in…

I’ll explain more in a bit

Poppy, I am sending healing thoughts your way, my friend…

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Glad you are okay, Poppy. Scary. I like this thread. I agree that hope and belief are two distinct, but, related things. Both affect our outlook, but, belief is the stronger of the two. I read Authentic Happiness a long time ago, this thread makes me think of that book. If I recall the book says that each of us has a personal norm/level with regard to our happiness level and there are some things we can do to raise that level to sort of be at our personal “peak”. Kind of like having a car tuned up and running well. Some people have Ferrari happiness motors installed and some of us have Edsel happiness motors. The Edsel guy may not be able to keep up with the Ferrari, but, that doesn’t mean we can’t keep it running well. It will still get us from point a to point b and it’ll do it pretty well if we take care of it. I think it is probably similar when it comes to optimism. I’m sure that our level of optimism is affected by many things, some of it is learned and much of it is affected by our surroundings and self-talk. We can change our self talk and to a large degree the surroundings and people we surround ourselves with. I think being optimistic has something to do with our attitude toward what life throws at us. Certainly an optimistic person is going to be a happier person and have a more enjoyable life than a person who focuses on the bad. Skepticism and pessimism have their places, but, if we live there – in Skepticism or Pessimism – we can be sure than we aren’t going to experience as much wonder and joy as the person who lives in Optimism. So much of how we feel has to do with our attitude, there is a certain wisdom in living life with an optimistic attitude ‘cause what is the benefit of the alternative> Doesn’t it make more sense to to live a “more happy” life than a “less happy” one?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

I believe it is the natural order of things when we are happy. It certainly does make more sense to live a “more happy” life rather than a “less happy” one.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

anotherclassic
George;“we’ll say thatwere frightened and we have to leave”

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Sorry Lake Placid, I have the crabs and I gotta leave!

Seeing the possibilities- It describes to me… going from hope to trust. Trusting ourselves trusting the universe trusting experience. It a wonderful catapult in vibration(:

Hope-> a seed of trust. I so enjoy affirming trust. a liberating joyful progression there…though like you say its a strengthening… a wonderful strengthening(:

Hope & Trust
Trust empowers us emotionally to know whatever situation has befallen, it will be dissolved, transmuted, and taken care of. Once we give in to the power of trust, we allow life to happen, to unfold like rose. The question now becomes, how do we transition from hope to trust? check out short article(:

• ~ Affirmations: • God/the Universe supports me in all things. • I trust that ALL my needs will be met. • I surrender to all that is good. • I surrender to the infinite possibilities that I cannot always see. • I am secure and safe in God/the Universe

loving this Happiness thread! Thanks Poppy for creating this wonderful topic and preparing awesome questions triggering …once again great discussion for this day & days to return to(:

In response to Poppy’s post:
I don’t think that comment makes any sense,im not being unfriendly,i guess
im just saying to myself what is that suppose to mean.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In the video Lake Placid posted George and Jerry used that line. It was part of the humorous situation Steinfield was representing. I just accepted it as a bit of humor, without judgement and reflected a line in the video.

When the heart is enlivened again, it feels like the sun coming out after a week of rainy days. There is hope in the heart that chases the clouds away. Hope is a higher heart frequency and as you begin to reconnect with your heart, hope is waiting to show you new possibilities and arrest the downward spiral of grief and loneliness. It becomes a matter of how soon you want the sun to shine. Listening to the still, small voice in your heart will make hope into a reality. Sara Paddison
~~ ✰~~

quote Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not arrived, and I lie in an eternal present filled with an everlasting good. There is nothing unhappy or morbid in my consciousness. I have no fear of yesterday nor do I anticipate tomorrow with anything other than enthusiastic expectation. Everything good in my experience shall create my future. I have no fear in looking backward or forward, but realize the eternal day in which I now live. Today is big with hope fulfilled, with love and life well-lived. Tomorrow will provide its own blessings. Ernest Holmes

A F F I R M A T I V E PRAYER

You have a great sense of humor poppy nothing against anyone and your posts Robert I always evaluate and look up meanings for they are always inspiring. Nothing against anyone I love all contributions made. Robert is very active and poppy that’s why I pointed them out. Lol to all

Still learning from all your contributions everyone. Feels good to be lighter at heart and looking to the brighter side is so much easier than the dark negative side. I have been learning switching gears so to speak being back and active here. God Bless you all. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be true to you :)

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

My Positivity

My blessings flow like the stream
I’m happy to be alive
It’s best to be as beautiful as can be
Beautiful
I have a beautiful smile
It’s best to look at the positive things in life
I am my own best source of positivity
Positive
I like to be around positive people
My positivity brings out a brighter future

Lol. Jan. Hugs. Peace

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

In response to jan4jam’s post:
Hi Jan! Wonderful! Love your thoughts on Beautiful…Positive and Positivity (:

I too love how Poppy just goes with the positivity flow(:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Thanks a heap ((((AlwaysWonderfulPossibilities)))) I do not share my writings usually but since I turned that positive corner I feel good to share them here my husband Mike has no interest in them if feels good to get feed back=D Big Smiles

((((JustForMe))))

I love the Link you posted above on ““HOPE & TRUST”“ it’s great so far I have only read a little when I’m done here I will be reading more of it I love the links you post thanks again!!

LOL hugs jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less

stronger!”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content