login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Influence: our true power

I came to an important realization recently. A friend, while watching Back to the Future, asked me if I wanted to know my future. I responded that I believe that we are creating it right now through the thoughts and choices that we make today. She replied that I might die in an accident the next day and that I had no control over that situation. In a since she was right in that we cannot directly control what happens to us moment by moment, no matter how we think about it, but we do affect outcomes based on our thinking,feeling and actions. The discussion led me to consider what it is about our minds that specifically affects our present and future moments. What is it that creates change really? Then it came to me, it is our power to influence. We know that what we think and feel about we bring about, so we use affirmations. Why? Because we want to erase negative influences from our past and replace them with the thougts and feelings that we want. Why? So that when we respond to what is around us we will affect those things in a way that produces what we desire. Why? so that we can be do and have the things that we want. All things happen by way of some influence, and they respond to your actions based on their individual nature. For example if you want to watch your tv you must influence it by activating it, and it will respond in its own nature by coming on, if it does not then you know that you must create the right conditions in order for it to respond favorably and activiate. It is the same for everything else. Anything that you can think of is either a form of influence or something that must have influence exerted on it in order for it to function. Government, religion, health, trends, the economy are all created by, guided by, and exert influence. Even what we believe we can control is just us exerting influence upon something in a certain way to attempt to gain a desired outcome. To the degree that this is understood, then that is how effective one can be in any situation, relationship, or undertaking. Examine everything in your life and pay attention to how you influence it currently as well as the degree that you influence it. You will soon realize a great deal of personal power in that the things that you wish most to change in life all depend on how, and to what degree you can influence that thing. Don’t look at it from an aspect of Control, because true control doesn’t exist. Instead change thoughts of controlling something or someone to thinking in terms of influencing them because this is all you are doing any way. As you influence your mind to change, your outlook on life will change, as will your belief in your ability to affect everything. You will also better understand the connected nature of all things, and how to best use different types of influences to create your desired results. All leaders, entertainers, and great sales people understand and use this power effectively. Try it and see its power for yourself.

In response to bhayes’s post:
Very nice bhayes!

I once did an experiment that made me KNOW just how much our past is our motivator for the present and the future.

It is vital that we make every moment special, by bringing our loving selves to it, to better create an even better “upcoming past”, present and future.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This is so true. When you are just starting out, though, you may want to limit your scope. It is very easy to be so motivated that you try to be too much to too many. Prioritize what is important to influence for your world. In my world, I am the mother of five children. I am extremely busy, so I have to be frugal with my time.

My extended family is very politically active in the Health Care reform to help change the collective future of many people. I, however, do not have the bandwidth to take that task on. Sometimes, my influence is as simple as blessings and good wishes that their projects succeed with the highest and greatest good for all. I send these with sincerity and then drop any personal involvement and leave it to the universe to work out the “how”. It is the contribution that I am content with for me.

Peace!! MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Good post. Recently I’ve been reading and thinking more about self hypnosis. What better way is there to influence or move our lives in the direction we want than through this method which has been proven over and over and over again to be so effective. Right now I’m working on a cd that I can use to help me reframe how I think about food. I don’t have a problem sticking with exercising, but I do struggle with food. I love pizza and hamburgers and french fries and chips and ice cream. We can use self hypnosis to literally rewrite our subconscious programming. Our subconscious mind exerts more influence over us than our conscious mind. We can use this knowledge to our benefit. And MM, it is good that you remind us not to take on too much at once. What I have been reading suggests that it is best NOT to work on too many things at once.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

We all use self hypnosis everyday, just unaware. Affirmations are our post hypnotic suggestions.

And just like affirmations (1 liners and process-ones), keep it positive and present tense.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
In response to bhayes’s post:

Bhaves this is such a wonderful thread your thoughts are so fantastic so are MM MCM and Laurie’s too. We influence so many things and yet we don’t realize it. Take love for instance we create love. It isn’t something the other person gave us personally. Our eyes see what we like. Our mind starts to think things about them and then the heart takes over and we feel beautiful. All this time our own bodies start releasing chemicals that make us fall in love. When we realize that it is our own selves who create that love not someone else. We could also do that to us too. That’s where affirmations come in. Love starts in the mind.

Peace,
Mary

Here is something that crossed my mind too. Consider how influential you become when you approach any interaction with another person or group when you say to yourself “I’m going to make them glad they met me”. “I’m going to make my boss glad he hired me”. By taking our focus off of ourselves and listening to the needs of others WE become more influential. By forgetting ourselves we become ourselves. We become more powerful.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Heavy duty words MCM. What a great mind. Thank you!

Peace,
Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content