login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Walking Away From A Negative Relationship

Last week my relationship ended. It was a one way relationship and I was on the giving end. Since my mother was kind to others it is something that comes natural to me. At times people who have come in my life take that kindness for weakness.

This man and excuse me for being too open here hope I don’t affend anyone? Wanted me to do something sexual that didn’t turn me on in the least. When I told him no he became very upset and said it was something he really wanted to do.

Once again I said it wasn’t what I wanted to do. In a very conceited and demanding manner he said to me if I wanted to keep the relationship it was something I would have to let him do. Had he been more loving maybe I would have given it a try his conceit really turned me off.

For me sex in a relationship should be whatever the couple are both happy with not demanding someone to do something they don’t want to do. I explained that it wasn’t dirty or perverted it just didn’t do anything for me and if he wanted that to find another woman who was willing to do it. He never called me back after dating for 2 years and I never did either. It would have bothered me enough to call him back because he just left like that without saying anything.

In the past it would have really broken me up and I would be crying because it was all my fault why didn’t I just do what he asked. But I feel ok not desperate. I let go because he wasn’t meant for me and I have no ill feelings towards him’ Trust me that in itself is highly unusual. In the past curses would have been aimed towards him by the tons!(:

Of course I will miss certain things we did together. Treating me unfair and demanding is something I will no longer tolerate. Being confident feels odd because I would have given in in the past. Having self esteem takes getting used to but it feels good at the same time. I’m not going die it’s going to be alright.

Getting into another relationship is not a good idea I need me time. When something leaves something better comes along. So let’s see what new things come into my life!

Peace,
Mary

Good for you Mary. It is best to walk away because a relationship is something that should be enjoyed, and when it ceases to do that sometimes it is best to end it. This man seemed like he was attempting to control you, and control is an illusion. When his attempting to gain control of you left him feeling like he lost control his illusion was broken, so he dealt with it by leaving. Had he understood the power of influence instead of control he could have operated from a more loving space and helped both of you fulfil your desires. The key is to find someone who understands this truth.

In response to godscreation’s post:

From what I know of you here, you’ve got your priorities straight, you always come from a place of positivity and love, and last but not least with a foundation like that much greater things are always on the horizon for you(:

In response to bhayes’s post:
nicely said bhayes.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
In response to bhayes’s post:

Thank you both so much for your loving words. Many many blessings to you.

Peace,
Mary

There is someone out there much better for you GC, IF and WHEN you’re ready.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Mary, this is just the universe opening the path to something bigger and better for you. It may not seem like it now, but I guarantee you, there is magic around the corner for you!!

Excuse my language, but the crappiest things that happened in my life have opened the doors to the most wondrous!!

Big Hugs, Mary.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

In response to meditatingmama’s post:

MCM and MM you are such wonderful people it makes me want to cry. This is what makes the world worth living in.

Hugs and love,
Mary

You are so right about magic around the corner MM ((big cuddles)) The future is so much brighter and more enriching.

Godscreation ((big cuddles)) I too have gone through experiences just like your own too, breaking away from this relationship is the BEST thing you did, no more will you allow people to treat you this way again, you are in love with yourself for sure! A relationship is meant to be full of love and respect for eachother, not this one sided business, I take my hat off you for ending that relationship, the next relationship is going to so much more better and loving.

Sending much love and thoughts
Dee xxx

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:

Thank you so much PE for your loving thoughts. Love and happiness to you always.

Peace,
Mary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content